1000 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ouzobay.com/
- Phone: 4437085818x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Everd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room seats up to 30 guests, and is equipped with the newest projection equipment and screen, as well as a large indoor fireplace. The space has a view of the neighborhood and a quaint garden.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Satisky 4437085818x
A word from Ouzo Bay
Located in Harbor East, Ouzo Bay focuses on authentic Greek cuisine, emphasizing the freshest seafood and responsible cuisine. The opulent space offers a full service bar and lounge, as well as an extensive patio during the Spring, and Summer months. The dining room has beautiful views of the water, and cityscape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ouzo Bay - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Ouzo Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (161)special occasion (153)fit for foodies (138)hot spot (118)vibrant bar scene (104)scenic view (99)romantic (86)notable wine list (61)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (59)late-night find (33)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)Show More
- Outstanding Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014I had a reservation for 8 people on Saturday night. Our reservation was for 8:30pm. Our group was not seated for about 20-25 minutes later but the Ouzo Bay staff did everything to make ourselves comfortable. As soon as we were seated, the staff sent out an appetizer tray and champagne to apologize for the wait. Our waiter was fantastic. He did a great job explaining each meal to us. My party was more excited as the food came out. Each dish kept getting better and better. There were a few New Yorkers in my group and they mentioned that this was one of the best meals they have had in a very long time. I can't stress enough that this is a must place to visit. I will definitely be back. Food and service gets an A++++:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceOuzoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Waitress was the worst I've experienced in a long time. Food was very good, that said.Special Features:
- Engaging waiter, great servicedeecathDined on 9/26/2014We sat outside at what seemed to be a bar table although we had a reservation. It was great, though, as we got a view of the harbor and a much lower volume level than the hopping bar scene inside. Our waiter was engaging and extremely helpful throughout our dining experience. The food was great - whole fish excellent, lamb chops a little dry but overall finely prepared. They even gave us a complimentary baklava for our anniversary. Very fun!Special Features:
- Amazing from A-ZAkbjhDined on 9/26/2014The best food and service a must try! We love Ouzo BaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentKathy0808Dined on 9/26/2014Our "go to" place for great food. Love the seafood preparation - simple and perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the charts!MistyRiverLadyVIPDined on 9/23/2014What a great dining experience - the vibrant, electric atmosphere coupled with outstanding food and service. For those who appreciate dining as an experience from the moment you walk in the door. Thank you, Ouzo Bay, for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Great food, a bit noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Delicious seafood options. Our group of 5 shared several appetizers and a 4lb whole fish that was wonderfully prepared and presented. We were seated at an elevated U shaped booth and unfortunately one end of the table could not hear the other without leaning across the table.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and AmbianceRselma1Dined on 9/20/2014The food was fantastic. The fresh whole fish selection was great and I liked the fact that the whole fish was butterflied. Presentation of the octopus was great and the saganaki was perfect as expected. Our server was great. Had an excellent off the cuff knowledge of the menu, got us our drinks in a very timely manner, and was quick to make recommendations on the menu. At the end of the night he surprised us with a shot of Ouzo each which was a very nice digestive to close out the evening. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014You have to try the fresh fish, it's amazing and guilt free. Their bar is very lively and looks like a great spot to have a drink. Service was good although we waited a couple minutes past our reservation time. Will def dine again!Special Features:
- Some thing is missing...BigfoodieDined on 9/19/2014We had reservations on a Friday night however there were no tables for two available. We waited 20 mins even though the hostess told us it would only be 5 mins. We decided to eat putsid since that was the only area that had available seating. The bus boy gave us water I said hello...he did not respond. Another 5 mins went by after we received a table before our server got to our table. It was windy and cold sitting outside so after we got our order taken we wen t back insid to see if there was a table available inside yet. Thankful we only waited another 10 min before wee were seated inside. The lamb chops are Delicious and decent portion. Spanakopita is gross..worst I've ever had. The Greek beignets are amazing. Great decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restauranthumbleguesDined on 9/13/2014service and food was great! the ambience was very nice. the music was a little too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Delicious FoodPandaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very positive dining experience. Wwe took our nephew for his 16th birthday and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. Ben,our server, was very professional with spot on recommendations. Delicious food and beautiful surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a happy birthday for my fianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Both me and my fiance enjoyed our Mediterranean experience... we would both recommend this restaurant to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring your ear plugssushiandsakeDined on 9/12/2014This was my first time to Ouzo. It was jam packed with people. The food and service were good considering how crowded it was. I really wanted to try the whole fish. This is what we were told they specialize in. But, it's noted in the menu that any of the whole fish take up to 40 mins to prepare. Unfortunately, because of the noise level in the bar area seating, we didn't enjoy our experience. I will try Ouzo again. However, I will request outside seating and make sure I have at least two hours to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation means nothing hereBethVIPDined on 9/11/2014Good food, terrible greeting and hostess experience. If it hadn't been a business dinner, I would have walked out. Reservation means nothing here. Even when the restaurant is empty and the bar is full, you will not be seated unless your entire party is there. So if you have people coming into town during rush hour, good luck! Your reservation means nothing.Special Features:
- Deene3VIPDined on 9/10/2014Incredibly fantastic food. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals, the service was perfect!! I had the seas bass and it was delicious!! Can't wait to go back with the entire family.Special Features:
- Foodie1VIPDined on 9/8/2014Love it there. Need bigger martiniglasses.love the fish. Not crazy about the calamari. Love the outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Piece of GreecesimplygoodfoodDined on 9/8/2014The next best thing to actually dinning in Greece! The fresh fish selection is outstanding and cooked simply and perfectly. Mediterranean dining at is best right in Harbor East. Service excellent, decor comfortable and clean, outside dining available overlooking Harbor. Highly recommend this gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, excellent RestaurantDaisy4648Dined on 9/7/2014Ouzo Bay has a hip ambiance to it, wonderful food and great service. The fish selections are terrific. The jumbo prawn are pricey, but out of this world!Special Features:
- Excellent diningPokey1Dined on 9/3/2014I frequent the Baltimore Inner Harbor area because of work and have been to Ouzo three times. It's a bit pricy but excellent food and the service is wonderful. I will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointment !TasteBuddyDined on 9/1/2014Venue very pretty but miserably hot due to an unfathomable decision to keep open the doors to the outside patio. No other table was offered & attempts to increase the AC ineffective. Our round table for 5 was meant for 8 & frustrated conversation across the table in a very noisy room. We wore business casual, but one of us was embarrassed at being asked to remove his hat ( a very nice one !) that failed the dress code yet sloppy sport shirts, braless halter tops, baggy pants & decidedly pizza parlor casual were all around. Go figure !! Appetizer plate for 2-4 was skimpy & lacked character, the food was just OK and the presentation needed work. No WOW factor & nowhere near worth the cost ! Lots better Greek food elsewhere in this city !
- greatly disappointedfoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014Asked if we wanted to sit in or out and then opened sliders to outside. Gone was the cool air conditioning and welcome bugs! Just what we didn't want. Waiters continually reaching over me and my plate and my wine glass to access table. Not very appetizing. Food not inspiring or memorable. Prices for appetizers high. Octopus soggy. Moussaka with more vegetables than meat. Lobster orzo good. Seafood pasta with too much tarragon. Waiter with minimum knowledge about wine on menu.Special Features:
- Had a great experience at Ouzo Bay!ClydesdaleDined on 8/31/2014Went there with my party of four, and we had a fantastic time! The food was superb, the presentation elegant, and the service outstanding! Our waitress was very attentive, and the entire staff pitched in to make sure that our water glasses were filled at all times! It seemed like any time we took a sip, the glasses were immediately filled! Great attention to detail, valet parking was fast, easy and efficient! The whole experience was a bit pricey, but definitely worth it! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Encore PerformanceFoodieDined on 8/31/2014This was not our tyrfirst experience at the restaurant. We liked it so well before, so we returned. It was nice to know that the service, the ambiance, and food was just like we remembered...Very,very good! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We had an anniversary dinner and the service, food, and ambiance were outstanding. We will definitely be back, and with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stacyDined on 8/30/2014service is impeccable! great overall experience for a special occasion. enjoyed the outdoor seating and the ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Food & ServiceDavidVIPDined on 8/30/2014If you yearn for a real taste of Greece, not some poor facsimile, this is the place for you. We had an extremely good meal that started with grilled octopus and a quartet of dips - delicious, particularly the octopus which we could have had another three orders of and just made a meal of it. We followed that with a grilled branzino and a grilled red snapper, both delightful in their own way. That with a side of fasolakia and the orzo with lobster, yummmm. We were so full that we had to forgo dessert. We had a lovely bottle of Kir-Yianni Petra which was lively, with notes of lemon, citrus zest and a floral nose - very nice. The service was excellent, very present without being obtrusive. Go an enjoy a taste of Greece in B-more.Special Features:
- Great experience at Ouzo BayBrewhillDined on 8/28/2014I went to Ouzo Bay last week for a birthday dinner and had a very nice experience. I've been reluctant to go because it looked like a Euro-trash place but I was pleasantly surprised. The service was great, the outside seating made us feel like we weren't in the city and the food was very tasty. We ordered the mezze platter which included hummus, fish roe dip and an almond/garlic dip, lamb meatball (amazing!), spanakopita, phyllo with sweet cheese and a few other items. The next time we go, we want to try the amazing fish options. Everything was great and I highly recommend checking out Ouzo Bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Loved the food and birthday treat, but it was very noisy inside and too humid that night to eat outside. Everything else was superb.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014The only reason I didn't vote overall 5 stars is due to price. Food is really amazing but I think you pay for location there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Service was terrible. The food was fine, nothing great, but definitely not worth the price.Special Features:
- Worth the wait.BroncoeatsDined on 8/22/2014The rain came and pushed our reservation a few minutes. The Owner and Managment went above and beyond to make sure our party was happy and compensated for the wait. The service, food and atmosph really can't be beat in Baltimore City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAndersonmetropolisDined on 8/22/2014Noisy, crowded restaurant! Food was decent, but service was mediocre and unpolished. Chose this restaurant to celebrate a special anniversary with friends. I noted the occasion in my reservation, called to remind the restaurant of the reason for our celebration, commented to the hostess when we entered. No mention was made--they forgot! The next evening we went to the movies in Columbia, MD and had a full dinner at Clyde's afterwards. It was perfectly delicious and beautifully served, and the four of us could actually conduct a conversation. Ouzo Bay is a lot of hype.
- Great spotAA1400VIPDined on 8/19/2014I couldn't pick a better restaurant to enjoy a beautiful night in Baltimore. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- ServiceLynnVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Ouzo Bay several times. We find that if you are sitting near a large group the service for a table if 2-4 is lacking. Although the food is fabulous, who wants to wait until the main course is more than half done before the sides come out and the wait for anything other than water is ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingfusionqueenDined on 8/16/2014Our favorite resturant. We celebrated my husbands bday.outstanding service . Sommelier outstanding. The head waiter outstanding . Everyone there is just amazing . Food is outstanding . We have a great experience every time thanksSpecial Features:
- FoodtasticEnzo4reDined on 8/16/2014Great spot excellent bread dipping oil food prepared properly so far have had halibut Maine lobster (frozen lobster tails only average) was good lamb chops are a stand out mussels a little large but were fine over all it's a winner our 3rd time in 2 monthsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodCOBaltimoreVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food here is very good. The service is also very good but the ambience can be a challenge. Because of the open nature of the restaurant other patrons were talking so loud that the people I was sitting with couldn't hear what I was saying. Even when we mentioned to our server that the person at the other table was too loud they didn't send management to ask them to speak so others int eh restaurant could enjoy their experience as well.
- Better than expectedBonvivantbelairVIPDined on 8/13/2014When I think of local Greek restaurants, I think of Ikaros or any restaurant located in Baltimore's Greektown neighborhood. However, Ouzo Bay well exceeded our expectations. The main entree of Alaskan Halibut topped with Maine lobster was absolutely delectable. Flaky, firm and sweet tasting Halibut coverd with a wonderful sweet sauce was the star of the evening. The lamb meatballs appetizer and baked feta and tomato appetizer served as commensurate complimentary dishes. Our service was spot on with great attentiveness by our waitress. She was very knowledgeable with the wine list. The baklava was classic and tasty. The vanilla ice cream seemed to be straight from the cow. Thank you Ouzo Bay for a most enjoyable first time dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional basicsmuseumguyDined on 8/10/2014In short, this is quality food simply prepared and well served. I had the spanikopita (really well done) and the red snapper, and my wife had the salad and lobster. It was an elegantly presented meal without much frufru. Server was attentive without being intrusive. Definitely one of the top five restaurants in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.