1000 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ouzobay.com/
- Phone: 4437085818x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Everd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room seats up to 30 guests, and is equipped with the newest projection equipment and screen, as well as a large indoor fireplace. The space has a view of the neighborhood and a quaint garden.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Satisky 4437085818x
A word from Ouzo Bay
Located in Harbor East, Ouzo Bay focuses on authentic Greek cuisine, emphasizing the freshest seafood and responsible cuisine. The opulent space offers a full service bar and lounge, as well as an extensive patio during the Spring, and Summer months. The dining room has beautiful views of the water, and cityscape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ouzo Bay - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Ouzo Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
254 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (163)great for outdoor dining (161)fit for foodies (143)vibrant bar scene (115)hot spot (114)scenic view (110)romantic (96)good for groups (71)notable wine list (68)neighborhood gem (62)late-night find (38)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/19/2014I couldn't pick a better restaurant to enjoy a beautiful night in Baltimore. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- ServiceLynnVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Ouzo Bay several times. We find that if you are sitting near a large group the service for a table if 2-4 is lacking. Although the food is fabulous, who wants to wait until the main course is more than half done before the sides come out and the wait for anything other than water is ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingfusionqueenDined on 8/16/2014Our favorite resturant. We celebrated my husbands bday.outstanding service . Sommelier outstanding. The head waiter outstanding . Everyone there is just amazing . Food is outstanding . We have a great experience every time thanksSpecial Features:
- FoodtasticEnzo4reDined on 8/16/2014Great spot excellent bread dipping oil food prepared properly so far have had halibut Maine lobster (frozen lobster tails only average) was good lamb chops are a stand out mussels a little large but were fine over all it's a winner our 3rd time in 2 monthsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodCOBaltimoreVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food here is very good. The service is also very good but the ambience can be a challenge. Because of the open nature of the restaurant other patrons were talking so loud that the people I was sitting with couldn't hear what I was saying. Even when we mentioned to our server that the person at the other table was too loud they didn't send management to ask them to speak so others int eh restaurant could enjoy their experience as well.
- Better than expectedBonvivantbelairVIPDined on 8/13/2014When I think of local Greek restaurants, I think of Ikaros or any restaurant located in Baltimore's Greektown neighborhood. However, Ouzo Bay well exceeded our expectations. The main entree of Alaskan Halibut topped with Maine lobster was absolutely delectable. Flaky, firm and sweet tasting Halibut coverd with a wonderful sweet sauce was the star of the evening. The lamb meatballs appetizer and baked feta and tomato appetizer served as commensurate complimentary dishes. Our service was spot on with great attentiveness by our waitress. She was very knowledgeable with the wine list. The baklava was classic and tasty. The vanilla ice cream seemed to be straight from the cow. Thank you Ouzo Bay for a most enjoyable first time dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional basicsmuseumguyDined on 8/10/2014In short, this is quality food simply prepared and well served. I had the spanikopita (really well done) and the red snapper, and my wife had the salad and lobster. It was an elegantly presented meal without much frufru. Server was attentive without being intrusive. Definitely one of the top five restaurants in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just "Cosmo"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014"Cosmopolitan" is more than the name of a drink at Ouzo Bay, it is the feel of the place and the people who give you a great experience. Obvious that many people have found this restaurant and more than just "like" it. But it doesn't just rest on its success. Ouzo Bay makes the newcomer and occasional feel just as much a part of the scene and a real find. And with this great "feel" comes very good food, nice wine great service.Special Features:
- Would not survive in most citiesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2014I was very disappointed at this recommendation from what should have been a respected source. I travel frequently and in doing so make a point of hitting the highly recommended spots. Seats inside are so noisy and overcrowded by the bar scene after 8pm. And the bar scene is filled with tshirts and backwards hats that could care less about what you are expecting or paying for a meal. The fresh fish priced by the pound was grossly overrated, and even the simple request of leaving the heads in the kitchen vs served on the plate was not met. My prediction is this place would die in a better foodie driven market. If you want an alternative, Charleston (the name of the resturant) around the corner is an option.Special Features:
- Great spotPredictableDined on 8/6/2014The service was great, but the food was a bit dispapointing. My mousaka was not that great (maybe the recipe - that dish can vary enromously). My wife's lamb shank was very good. Our guests had halibut, which was excellent and crabcakes, which were good. My first time there, I had the Chilean Sea Bass, which was terrific. The zuccini chips are amazing, but I thought the sauce wa little s too stiff for dipping. All in all it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to a return visit!StellarRedHeadDined on 8/6/2014I heard good things about Ouzo Bay prior to my dining there last week. But their reviews did not quite do them justice, the food was by far FANTASTIC! I had the grilled octopus, which was so delectable I will go back just to partake in that again. I had a fresh fish entree of Dorade that had a lovely preparation of EVOO, salt, pepper and capers. It was my first time having Dorade and I would order it again. The ambiance is gorgeous, the lighting and the retractable doors that allow you to be inside but get that fresh air was a nice touch to our dining experience. I have already told several friends that the next time we are looking to dine out in the city we will be going to Ouzo Bay.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodJacksonDined on 8/4/2014The food here was awesome. Try the octopus... seriously just do it.Special Features:
- sweaty servers not attractivebigeatsravenfanDined on 8/4/2014the dining room had to be 85+ degrees. lamb shank delicious, grape leaves ok, my black cod a lot of scales and bones for the price, tzatziki bland, meatballs ok, grilled octopus was perfectly cooked, lemon potatos were hard as bricks and not tasty. its hard to mess up grilled veggies they were tasty. desserts were awesome.
- Nice Greek FoodKennyDined on 8/2/2014This place is great if you are looking for a vibrant bar scene on a weekend night. The food and service are okay, but nothing extraordinary.Special Features:
- The Best Fish in B'more!DannymomDined on 8/2/2014The food was outstanding. The grilled calamari was possibly the best I ever had and my bronzini melted in my mouth. The waiter was professional and curtious with a full knowledge of the menu and recommended some fun cocktails and a fabulous dessert. This retaurant is a must for anyone looking for a fantastic meal in an elegant yet relaxed environment. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing, esp. for the priceDCDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014I had heard that this restaurant recently passed Charleston as the best restaurant in Baltimore. I beg to differ. The seafood was fresh but bland, salt being the primarily recognizable seasoning and the waitress was nice, but not familiar with the menu. You've never heard of Veuve Cliquot? Really??? For the prices, it was very disappointing. Even the dessert, a nice touch for my birthday, was uninspiring. It was a profiterole, drowning in chocolate sauce, with none of the flakiness you expect from the crust, which surrounded a thick, bland cream filling. The appetizer specials were good, tuna toro, but the grilled octopus could have used the red wine vinaigrette it was supposed to be dressed with and the broccolini was overcooked.Special Features:
- Good Food with Corresponding priceDrewDined on 8/2/2014Waiter was very good, grilled octopus was excellent and I consider myself a grilled octopus afficienado. Be prepared to spend 50-60+ a person if you drink. Recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed - overall.sharogirlDined on 8/1/2014I wasn't that impressed with Ouzo Bay. Food was good but...totally disappointed in the host/hostess. I had spoken to Alice - who seemed wonderful - about getting a great romantic table for 2. She wasn't there when we were going to be there. There really aren't any tables for this. Maybe outside if it's not 1000 degrees. Was completely let down by the table chosen for us - too small for two. Then moved into the bar. Don't want that if want a romantic type of table. Then moved into the back room where - again - if it's just 2 of you - it's not enough room and just not the place for a romantic type of dinner. I wouldn't go back - just because it also seemed like the host/hostess don't care. This place seems more made for 4+ tables.Special Features:
- StandardFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was pretty good. The service about average for the price point of the restaurant. When we sat down around 5 pm on a Friday there was plenty of seats however by 7-7:30 it became crowded. It 's a good scene for groups and where it's located in Harbor East is a vibrant scene and walkable to other night life attractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite for special timesyummzesDined on 7/30/2014only for the $$ would i not go there more often. It is always a perfect meal timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek Feast!SolefudVIPDined on 7/28/2014Some of the best contemporary Greek food I've had, and I've had a lot. Will be back whenever I'm in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBaltimore14Dined on 7/28/2014Terrific in all aspects. Food was outstanding. Eating outside was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Meal... Poor experience.Adp329Dined on 7/27/2014We made a reservation for 7 at 7:30 and arrived around 7:15. We were told that guests were paying and that our table would be available shortly. We sat at the bar for a cocktail and had prompt and friendly service. At 8:00 we still hadn't been sat. The manager said they were still waiting for the table to open up but had a plan b for us. At 8:15 we were finally seated at their backup table. Our server had excellent insight on the menu however once we ordered, apps came at 9:00 and our entrees didn't arrive until 10:15. No explanation was offered by our server. Our meal was fantastic however Ouzo Bay did not make any apologies for the hour delay as well as the long ticket time. Not sure we will be back.Special Features:
- Delectable FishSheDinesAroundVIPDined on 7/26/2014Surpasses the other "fine dining fish houses" of Baltimore (Kali's Court, Black Olive), hands down! Service was a little lacking for such a high-end place, but overall, thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great spot in Harbour EastGabeDined on 7/26/2014Cant say enough about our dining experience at Ouzo Bay. The grilled octopus and calimari was a fantastic starter. We then shared a whole fish and the lamb chops. The wine recommendation was spot on... after dinning the bar was so lively we stayed and hung out for a bit. We will definitely be back....2 thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spotScottVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food and atmosphere second to none in Baltimore. Lamb chops best I have had in a long time . In for a convention make sure you make a reservation and enjoy the night. Ouzo Bay = ExcellenceSpecial Features:
- mixedNewbyDined on 7/25/2014we were pleasantly with our first visit; lots of people enjoying their meals. Loud and fun atmosphere in the bar area. Delicious cocktails and grilled calamari. Not enough crab/avocado puree in the salad, for the money.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience.greekfamDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful experience. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OuzoBayduffyandrewsDined on 7/25/2014I went to OuzoBay with two friends for a get together. The food was great and the service friendly and quick. Because of price and noise-level, I wouldn't go here for any event that demands personal conversation. It's a hip little place though, and I truly enjoyed the food. The server was personable and helpful, and the manager stopped by to check on us--not obtrusive at all. All in all--worth the time to go there, just bring your full wallet!Special Features:
- Noise level ruined the eveningFoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant had great food and our server was wonderful but it is, without a doubt, the noisiest restaurant my husband and I have ever been to. We took out a friend for a belated birthday and we ourselves celebrated an anniversary but our conversation the whole evening had to be yelled across the table. We went on a Wednesday at 6:30p thinking that is typically not a busy night for dining. The restaurant was not completely full but it sounded like we were in a stadium. It's ashame because we did enjoy the food and the restaurant kindly sent celebratory desserts to our table. The sound of silence once we left was golden! Unfortunately, we won't be back as we simply cannot endure the noise.
- Not worth it, at allOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2014Over-priced mediocre food with inattentive service to top it off. There are far better places to dine in Baltimore.
- Special DinnerbroadeningtastesDined on 7/21/2014I came here for a birthday dinner. We chose to dine inside but there were plenty of people taken advantage of the outside dining. It's a Greek restaurant with a speciality in fish. I had the Alaskan halibut which was delicious and my boyfriend had the lamb chops which were cooked perfectly. Ouzo Bay has an intimate feel about it even with its openness.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayEnzo4reDined on 7/19/2014Great lamb chops and halibut mussels and everything else we tried our waiter Steve was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty gooddaveDined on 7/18/2014Food was pretty good. Their mussels for appetizer were pretty amazing. Service was pretty impressive. I would definitely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatOutTooMuchSomeoneElseCookVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was the 8th time we have visited Ouzo Bay. Still a great place but same menu (which is not bad) just looking for something new. I highly recommend it but go early. It is the loudest restaurant in Baltimore. Very energetic!Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DiningnpsnDined on 7/18/2014We celebrated a birthday dinner here at Ouzo Bay. Excellent service right from the start, great wine list. We ate outside perfect ambiance. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Excellent fish and beef selections too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true dining experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed our evening can't wait to go back! Our waitress Rachel was so knowledgable about every item on the menu. She really made our dining choices become a great experience. I recommend trying a whole fish! Loved the outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/16/2014Fabulous restaurant. Lamb chops are divine. Big selection of excellent fish. Wonderful setting. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fresh Fish in BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/16/2014I know, Baltimore is crab cakes, right? But this place does incredible fresh fish-- best in town, maybe the best I've had out East. Great spot for business dinner, everything is fresh and super-high quality.Special Features:
- Excellent service!EatingagainDined on 7/14/2014The service is what sets this establishment above all Baltimore area restraunts. From the time you valet your vehicle and walk in the front door you realize the staff is well trained and led by a caring management team that's on point. Far to many high priced local restraunts fail miserably with delivering exceptional service that was once expected with the fine dining experience. Oh, and the food was excellent - get the lamb chopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.