500A Danforth Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K 1P6Neighborhood:
Danforth / Greek Town
GreekPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ouzeri.com/
- Phone: 4167780500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Alex Trahiotis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Ouzeri Restaurant
Located in the heart of Toronto's Greek Town, Ouzeri has been a mainstay to one of North America's largest Greek communities. From their famous Saganaki, to their succulent roast lamb, to their daily seafood and fresh fish, Ouzeri recaptures the culinary style of authentic Greek cooking. The menu offers a wonderful myriad of tastes and textures. Ouzeri's shaded street side patio is the ideal spot to enjoy all the palates that Ouzeri has to offer in the warm summer days.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ouzeri Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Ouch.AngeDined on 8/30/2013They took far too long to deliver the appetizers. For our main course we ordered the pork souvlaki with the traditional rice and potatoes. Again the dishes took far too long to arrive. We are forty minutes in and all we've got are our appetizers. When the main course finally arrived, after an hour, the souvlaki was as dried out as can be. A couple of the pieces were literally burnt to a crisp. Being a veteran of the Danforth for over thirty years of fine dining, I was really disappointed at the size of the meal. The potatoes were small, and the rice was rubbery, and the salad was so minimal. Nobody finished their meals. The rice was left untouched on each plate and the souvlaki was returned barely half eaten. We will never eat there again.
- AmazingMagnetoDineDined on 7/19/2013Went here for summerlicious with my boyfriend and parents. The appetizer of lima beans and tomatoes is a Greek delicacy, according to my boyfriend, and I fell in love at first bite. The desserts were to die for: greek yogurt and baklava... I could live on that stuff. Reasonably priced and courteous staff. Great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousfidcasDined on 7/19/2013I had an enjoyable meal for summerliciuos at Ouzeri. The service was a little non-existent as they seemed more keen to move you through (I even got the bill with dessert with a request to pay because the server had to go off shift). I had the dips for appetizer and the fish one was really good. The pita was nice too. Pastitsio was really good for main, but the salad that came with it was a little wilted and overdressed (although it was good feta). The baklava for dessert was okay. It had a burnt aftertaste that was a little overpowering.
- Same ol, same olOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2013This is my 3rd visit to Ouzeri, so to use a baseball analogy, it's their 3rd strike and this place is out of my restaurant repertoire. I was greeted this time by the surliest hostess I've ever encountered. As soon as I walked in the door, a patron complained to Miss Surly that he still hadn't been served and she just ignored him. Our waitress seemed to be the only one working for the longest time (always with a smile) as the rest of the staff just lingered, looking oh so bored. The food was generic Greek fare,no different than other Greek chain restaurants in the area. Nothing original. The owners should study their next door neighbour, Pan, to see how Greek food can be made exciting and interesting. Great $8.00 martinis. Will never return
- Good food, extremely noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2013-Food was delicious, generous portions. -Extremely loud atmosphere, I had to scream across the table to be heard. Impossible to socialize during dinner. -Slow service, understaffed by waiters.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2013My wife and I had dinner at this restaurant for Summerlicious. They were under staff and food was only average. Although the place was newly renovated but some of the basic items, like olive oil and balsamic vinegar containers, and wobbly tables, are spotty.
- Poor service and terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2013Poor service and terrible food. It was better last year. One of my friends got a stomach ache after our meal. We all went to get ice cream after to get the bad taste of the food out of our mouth. Environment was good though.
- They didn't want us thereInternationalDined on 7/13/2013We went there Saturday evening to enjoy the summerlicious. However, lady at the entrance gave us a strong look. She stood there for sometimes, starring at us and didn't do anything. Then she approached us with taking deep a breath and walked us in. First, I thought, maybe she's frustrated due to its busy time. However, we were the only one who were standing outside. Then we sat down and ordered food. Food arrived. But, I noticed that in other table, people had bread rolls and butter served in the basket. Our waiter didn't provide us with one. We had to request. Lady who seated us kept giving us a look whenever she walked by our table. It was not a pleasant experience. Is this type of service and attitude normal in the Danforth area?Special Features:
- Great value for SummerliciousjLau8715Dined on 7/13/2013At $25/person, I was able to enjoy a wonderful meal with my bf for his birthday while also celebrating our 5 year anniversary of being together. While everything was absolutely delicious and Greek food as I remember it to be, my only issue is that the portion of the entree was quite big. They gave us SO MUCH calamari, that I had to hold back a bit so that I could save room for dessert: Bailey's Creme caramel. A classic with some bailey's mixed into the custard--rich and delicious.Special Features:
- Amazing foodPaulDined on 7/12/2013I was there for Summerlicious and it was great, the food was good and establishment was good. There was a lot of people and the seats are too close together for my own taste though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderately Good Greek RestaurantAeganDelightDined on 7/12/2013We had an excellent waitress who checked up on our table often. She was very pleasant and calm. The only thing she could have done better is describe some of the dishes to us. We were all surprised by our appetizer. It was a good hot lima bean appetizer when we expected a fresh summery appetizer. To be fair, we didn't ask her though. I had rosemary lamb and cheese in filo dough as a main dish and it was very good. However, the salad that went with it did not taste fresh and the sauce was too thick and bland. I had baklava for dessert but it was overcooked and burnt (the first few bites were tasty but then the rest was a burnt taste). Overall, it is a moderately good restaurant, but don't think I will go back.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2013Great atmosphere but the service was extremely slow service and the food was nothing special.Special Features:
- The food was great. I wasmckinlejDined on 7/12/2013The food was great. I was so full when I left. I will definitely return to try out more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousCalle62Dined on 7/11/2013Went with 3 girlfriends in July 2013. We loved it!! The food was fantastic . Ther servings were very generous. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and made the experience fun. Definitely will go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With the Summerlicious specials,HusbamfDined on 7/11/2013With the Summerlicious specials, this place is a great find. My partner and I enjoyed the meze (although at one point they gave us tsatziki sauce instead of one of the dips), chicken souvlaki, calamari and baklava. They were all bursting with flavor and tasted fresh. The wait staff were kind and engaged in conversation, but I'm sad to say that service was somewhat badly timed. It wasn't very busy, but we had to go out of our way to call for attention or wait for prolonged amounts of time. Waiting for dessert to be served actually made us late for our movie. If not for the wait time, I'd have rated Ouzeri 4/5 and tipped much more than the 10% that I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious lunch at OuzeriOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2013We both had the 3 dips appetizer. 2 orders were enough for 6 people and I brought my leftovers and pita home to be devoured by 2 teenage boys. They were happy to wrap it up. I had the rosemary chicken pie and my friend had chicken souvlaki as a main. Both came with a side salad and his had potatoes as well. I had creme caramel for dessert and he had baklava. Great deal for $15 each. My friend just came back from Mykonos and said it was better than any meal he had on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious treatyummyinmytummyDined on 7/7/2013Excellent service was received by my group. Everything was tasty, large portions and timely. Will definitely come back to this gem in the Greek area of the Danforth.Special Features:
- Great place. Service was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2013Great place. Service was wonderful. Food was very good. I will go back again.Special Features:
- Well prepared dishes fromOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2013Well prepared dishes from a partial open kitchen. Food presentation was very good. Portions were sufficient and not oversized. The decor was understated and casual but still very kid friendly. On our visit, the patio was full with about six occupied tables in the dinning room. We shared the grilled calamari and lamb souvlaki. The seafood was very well prepared.Special Features:
- Always a great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2013I can always depend on a great meal & wonderful service from Ouzeri! We had tapas to share between 5 of us and the bill was under $100 with one glass of wine. 3 Dips, shrimp, breaded calamari and salad were all very good. I felt that the pork souvlaki was a bit dry but otherwise a wonderful meal with friends. We did not have dessert there as we were celebrating a birthday at home. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but svc is bad at peakTimWVIPDined on 6/8/2013Came with our Travelzoo voucher. Would be 5 stars, except the service was lacking this time around. We didn't even get bread. First time wasn't busy and the food & service were great. This time, visiting on a Saturday night... oh boy... We'd definitely go again, but on an off-peak night. Grilled octopus appetizer: Mmmmm.... Perfect on texture, and great flavouring. Yes, it's as simple as lemon juice and olive oil, but fantastic. Pastitsio: It's baked penne with meat, topped with cheese. Can't go wrong. Delicious. Rosemary pie with lamb: Sooo glad we chose the lamb. Fantastic. The pastitsio & rosemary pie each came with their own side salads, so there was enough food to go around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceelRonconVIPDined on 5/31/2013Took my parents out to the Danforth for my dad's birthday. Although the food was delicious (lamb souvlaki, kalamari & seafood pasta), the service is beyond bad. Our waiter was barely in his section, until the host sat two young ladies next to us. From then on, casanova decided to dedicate his entire evening to them and forgot the rest of his tables, including ours. From the time he dropped off the dessert menu, until he came back to us, 25min had passed. For a better evening, I suggest Pan on the Danforth as few doors east. Shame.Special Features:
- Hadn't been back in over anotfishDined on 4/26/2013Hadn't been back in over a year and didn't find any surprises. Portions are large and the food is consistent but nothing special. Service seems more concerned with fitting as many people in the restaurant as possible but wasn't bad overall.Special Features:
- We've been eating at the OuzeriArchy99Dined on 4/4/2013We've been eating at the Ouzeri for years. Reliably good food and service. The menu has a good range-it seems somewhat expanded. Mussels appetizer was particularly delicious. The side salads were the only disappointment: they had far too much dressing and were not pleasant to eat.Special Features:
- Fantastic Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013We had a beautiful table right at the window overlooking Danforth. Such fun to see all the happy people passing by. We went with the prix fixe. A great deal. $25.00 for an amazing choice of appetizers, mains, and desserts. Friendly staff, and great atmosphere. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- The rice pilaf was cold uponMagzVIPDined on 3/22/2013The rice pilaf was cold upon pointin it out to the waiter, he actually said its suppose to be cold coz its served like a salad side dish! (wtf?!?) Even though the restaurant was not full, the waiters stood around versus actually working and clearing the plates! I hadto clear my own empty dishes when the bus boy came to bring out our main courses...not once did he refill our water glass! One of my biggest pet peeves in a restaurant. Furthermore, upon requesting for the wifi, which they gave me, password was correct however they had disconnected their router so it wouldnt log on. Since refilling water glasses was too much trouble obviously i wouldnt dare ask them to replug the router! Needless to say not coming back!
- Food was really quite deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Food was really quite delicious (get the hummus for sure!) but service was slow, be prepared to have an extra long meal. It seemed that our waitress had way too many tables and she was in charge of clearing the tables as well which added to the wait of all the other customers.
- Unfortunatley Ouzeri livedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2013Unfortunatley Ouzeri lived up to my winterlicious experctations, poor service, mediocre food, and nothing special enough to bring me back.
- Went here for WinterliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2013Went here for Winterlicious with my Girlfriend to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. The food was great, and we couldn't say anything bad about any of it! But the service was horrible, we where left waiting for inordinate amounts of time not only for food, but simple for any attention from out waiter to pickup plates or even check on the meal.Special Features:
- Delicious Winterlicious LunchlovetoeatDined on 2/5/2013We had a Winterlicious lunch at Ouzeri. It was incredible value for the money. The restaurant itself is comfortable with the typical feel of Greek restaurants in Toronto. We were offered a wide variety of choices, including vegetarian. The food was delicious and portions were generous. If this is how they serve an inexpensive prix fixe, then I'm prepared to return for their regular menu.Special Features:
- Delicious Greek food, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Delicious Greek food, wonderful staff, very accomodating (able to seat us an hour early, even though it was Winterlicious). Although we didn't order it, we loved watching all the displays of the saganaki.Special Features:
- Decent enough restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Decent enough restaurant for fairly good Greek Food. We did Winterlicious and picked from menu. Everyone was satisfied with their meal but not wowed. It was very cold though, washrooms had no heat at all. Other than that, had a good time.
- As usual Ouzeri didn't disappoint.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013This was my 4th time at Ouzeri, during either Summerlicious or Winterlicious and it was delicious. And I was much impressed by our waiter who noticed we spoke French and served us in French. Great atmosphere as it was packed.Special Features:
- Went there for the WinterliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Went there for the Winterlicious menu. The service was fast and friendly. The food was really good and I went with my Greek boyfriend that also agreed.....except the egg/lemon soup tasted burnt from the chicken. Other than that the restaurant was really nice with greek music. Great first expirience.Special Features:
- Great calamariOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/2/2013Delicious calamari with tentacles - my fave, fresh mussels in a delicious tomato broth, tender souvlaki. Large portions. Loukamades would have been better warm. Avgolemono was slightly burnt and lacked a fresh lemon zing.Special Features:
- Great neighbourhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2013I really think Ouzeri was my best find in this version of Winterlicious. The food was outstanding for the buck I'd paid. $15 gave me a huge plate of mussels in red wine sauce, which was so good and had going one bread roll after the other. My mother had the grilled chicken souvlaki and I had the grilled calamari- great choice - the calamari was tender but not over overcooked so I can still taste the texture. I think this restaurant is a great place because it can be kid-friendly, but there are enough corners tucked away at the restaurant so diners can have conversations without too much noise all around. I definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Bomb restaurant, highly recommendInTheZoneDined on 1/29/2013Bomb restaurant, highly recommend it. Mussels - OFF THE HOOK.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013My parents were visiting from out of town and asked me to find a nice Greek restaurant. Lucky us it was Winterlicious so there was a $25 prix fixe. All three of us LOVED the food. Portion sizes were just right (not too big or too small). There's a great selection too so everyone can find something they like. Service was great! The waiter kept coming by to refill our wine and we were left alone to chat between courses (unlike other reviews I've read that said people felt rushed). We were all very happy with the experience and will go back again.Special Features:
- This was a wonderful restaurant! TOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013This was a wonderful restaurant! The service was impeccable, and the food was delicious. I love that they have a variety of vegetarian options for those who are not meat-eaters. They also added extra spice and kick to our food on request. The ambiance is great, it caters to whatever mood you're looking for, whether romantic, a nice meal with a friend or a group of friends. The signage and overall ability to spot Ouzeri was great because it really stands out from the rest of the restaurants on the block, and parking is right around the corner. I would definitely recommend Ouzeri to anyone looking for a new place to try with great food!Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013Went here for winterlicious, it was quite delicious! For the price, the quality and quantity of food was outstanding. In fact, had so much good that had to take it home for another meal that night! Highly recommend the calamari as well. Great Greek food!Special Features: