3939 San Felipe Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ouisiestable.com/
- Phone: 7135282264x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday 11am - 2:30pm, Sunday 10am - 2:30pm
'Little Bites': Daily: 2:30pm - 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Elouise Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized to fit each guests needs. Please contact our Event Coordinator for more details:(713) 528-2264
- Private Party Facilities: Customized to fit each events needs. Ouisie's Table offers different size private rooms available for parties. Entire restaurant may be booked. 350 total indoor seating, 180 total outdoor seating. Main Dining Room,135 seated; Lucy's Porch,90 seated; Bears’ Garden, 150 seated; Alsey's Nest, 50 seated; The Little Garden, 30 seated; Cooper's Bin,14 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 7135282264x
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
- Special Events: Ouisie's Table offers different size private rooms available for special occasions. See Private Parties Facilities for room seating.
Open Christmas Eve. Closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
A word from Ouisie's Table
Known by generations for her hospitality, proprietress Elouise Adams Jones, a.k.a. Ouisie, serves an eclectic collection of Southern foods with an excellent wine list to match. High ceilings and fans in the main dining room it evoke the ambiance of a Texas manor house. The adjacent dining porch overlooking the patio and garden, as well as Cooper’s Wine Bin, provide additional dining and entertaining areas. The daily fare encompasses traditional offerings like her well-loved pimento cheese, the shrimp and grits, and the popular Gulf Coast oysters to the favorite Tuesday special Ouisie’s award winning chicken fried steak with corn pudding. A fine plate of grilled Prime beef tenderloin or a brace of quail stuffed with super lump crab meat with Cognac glaze are good examples of the daily specials one might find on the blackboard.Continued
Lunch and dinner daily, brunch on weekends.
Lunch and dinner daily, brunch on weekends.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ouisie's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)neighborhood gem (86)fit for foodies (73)great for lunch (71)great for brunch (66)romantic (61)good for groups (57)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Ouisie's TableWineRoomBirthdayDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Ouisie's. The waiter was terrific. We enjoyed the wine and that it was discounted for that week. The main dining room was booked for a wedding reception and we were seated in the side dining room. This room was nice but it would have been nice to know prior, that the main dining room was not available.Special Features:
- MediocreAndrewDined on 9/13/2014Here is another restaurant going downhill. We dined here last night. It was our anniversary & so noted when we made the reservation. It would have been great if they would have acknowledged that. We were not expecting anything other than "Thank you for dining with us on your anniversary". We ordered two salads; grilled endive & arugula. Both were excellent. We ordered the sea bass & vegetable plate. The sea bass was great but the risotto was bland & soggy & the broccoli overcooked. The vegetable plate was mediocre. It was comical at one stage of our dinner; our table was mistaken by the wait staff on 3 different occassions. We were interrupted with wine, appetizers & dinners that were not for our table. Funny!
- Wonderful and deliciousFoodieHeidiDined on 9/7/2014The food at Ouisie's Table never disappoints. The ingredients are so fresh and amazing. A beautiful dinner for a special birthday was absolutely perfect. The arugula salad was fabulous and had fresh figs and dried cherries in it. I normally don't like that sweet salad combo, but this was plate scrapingly yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful & delicioustakemeoutDined on 9/4/2014food is wonderful...setting is very nice...service is friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt....almost too many wonderful menu choices...makes for a great excuse to return soonSpecial Features:
- Service & Food were Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014We went for a Mid-Week birthday dinner and were very pleased with the menu, wine recommendation, wait staff and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodBeckyDMcDined on 9/2/2014Our food at lunch was delicious and the presentation was lovely. The noise level was very good for conversation. Our server was very brusque in how she handled our requests. Her service was slow at best on bring the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday BrunchTigerBaitDined on 8/31/2014I had a wonderful Sunday brunch with family and friends here recently. The menu had excellent options, and the food was fantastic. The service was exceptional too. Strongly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Meals Are ChintzybabybommerDined on 8/30/2014My husband ordered from the RW menu & got 2 tiny crabcakes, a small 4 oz of beef and ONE scallop, and a very small dessert. I spent $10 less a la carte and had way more food than he did. All of the food was delicious, but c'mon ..... just one scallop??? Most places go out of their way to impress you during this time, but Ouisies obviously doesn't think it has to.Special Features:
- Misleading wine listharlanpigDined on 8/30/2014the wine brought to the table was not what I ordered. same brand, but wrong vintage. our waiter did not point this out; I had to discover this on my own. sadly, this has happened on another occasion at Ouisie's Table. the waiter "explained" that the vintage listed on the wine list was no longer delivered to the restaurant. consequently, I conclude, they will deliver a wine not ordered without pointing out the inaccuracy. I am SOOO tired of restaurants pulling this scam.Special Features:
- An Oldie but Goodie!EdFredVIPDined on 8/30/2014Dinner was about as good as one could make. The service was impeccable, the noise level was better than moderate and the good was great. Any serious diner should stop in once in awhile.Special Features:
- Great BrunchEdwardVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the bird's nest - a fun spin on egg's Benedict. Nice atmosphere. Great service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MustdinDined on 8/28/2014We were greatly with a Happy 50th anniversary. The service and food was great. We picked a great place to celebrate. The tables looked so pretty, and everything about the night was perfect. Would recommend this place to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:
- Ouisie's was goodalchsDined on 8/26/2014We went for lunch for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Food was good. Atmosphere was more for the older crowd. I think two other people were around our ages (25 - 30).Special Features:
- Always a DelightdelightDined on 8/25/2014Quisie's is a great restaurant with a nice selection of entrees. The atmosphere is a delight. Always nice to return to Quisies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Not very generous with the breads which are small to begin with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ribeyeottlutherVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very bad steak. I repeat, very bad steak. Was anyone in the kitchen?
- Good but not greatHTownFoodieDined on 8/24/2014The ambience was outstanding. Food was good but not great. Service was pretty slow even after the brunch crowd thinned out.
- EatMeDrinkMeDined on 8/24/2014The wine prices are very reasonable. I did not get a chance to see the whole building but I enjoyed my table inside. Friendly service and good food. My friends and I had a blast!! Cheers to Mouna for taking such great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marilynDined on 8/24/2014We had brunch at your place this past Sunday. Everything was wonderful. The service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Ouisie's1DestinyDined on 8/24/2014My husband, son & I had a fabulous experience at Ouisie's. We had the 3 course HRW brunch menu with bottomless mimosas. The food was wonderful - the crabcakes are the best. The restaurant was crowded but that did not hamper service at all. We enjoyed the jazz ensemble. Going to Ouisie's for Sunday brunch can make any Sunday a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful PlaceStaceyMDined on 8/24/2014Great brunch menu, although we chose off the HRW menu. We had a fantastic server, great food. Overall and superior experienceSpecial Features:
- HRW BrunchpaperfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Mimosas were excellent. A little disappointed with my coffee cheesecake, but everything else was very yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisystarDined on 8/23/2014The food is ok although very inconsistent, I had great food there and not so good. In this particular occasion the meat was dry and tough. But what kills it for us is the noise. You cannot have a conversation without having to shout and for dinner it's even worse with the music. The chocolate cake was delicious. The Menu was given to us 20 minutes after we sat down. We were not asked if we wanted wine with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conniebDined on 8/23/2014Very disappointed in the huevos rancheros. They should have been scrambled with choriso, but were plain friend eggs with some salsa on the side. If there were not going to be mexican, they should have called them fried eggs!!!Special Features:
- Ouisie's was mostly goodKatellaDined on 8/22/2014I always enjoy going to Ouisie's. The space is very nice and the service is great. I was somewhat disappointed in my Dover Sole entree. The fish is delicate and I love its simplicity, however it had some sort of coating on it and almost fried. I am sure they would call it pan sauteed, but it was even a little greasy. The dish also came with a mound of mashed potatoes that covered 1/3rd of the plate. Less fish, more potatoes, a few vegetables for only $34.00. I won't be ordering that again! Otherwise, a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Ouisie'sGjones62Dined on 8/21/2014With plenty of great options in Houston for a romantic meal, it was easy to select Ouisies' Table. The service was prompt, the food excellent and the ambiance, fantastic! It's been a while since I dined at "the table". I'll be back, soon. Very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW 2014 Reviewiman1200Dined on 8/20/2014My friend and I went here to participate in the HRW lunch menu. I had the salmon with wasabi mashed potatoes and the fish was cooked perfectly. Great service from everyone except the valet. I liked the ambiance better in the inside versus indoor patio area. However, my friend preferred the patio area more. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantPopeyeVIPDined on 8/19/2014Ouisie's is a lovely restaurant. The food is always very good, as is the ambience and the service is solid.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Food From Ouisie's TableNastyFoodDined on 8/19/2014I choose Houston restaurant week food and I was not impressed. It was not good, chicken and crab cake were very dry. The dessert was was disgusting. It was horrible. I was really disappointed.
- Good Service; HRW Menu LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014We've dined here before, so we thought we'd give it a try during lunch for HRW. The menu choices were rather slim, and the portions (albeit lunch) were much smaller than expected. Good service, however.Special Features:
- Good foodJamesDined on 8/18/2014I was very satisfied with the quality of the food and the ambiance was pleasant. I've visited the restaurant on a Monday so I did not experience the delays that some of the other reviewers experienced. That, unfortunately did not mean I could park. There was a large empty parking lot in front of the restaurant but they completely sealed it off for valet that so I was given the "choice" of either accepting to pay for valet or driving two blocks away to park.Special Features:
- weekenderDined on 8/17/2014This was our first visit. Love that they are open on Sunday. Found it to have a great menu selection and a lovely presentation of delicious food. The crispy crabcakes are a wonderful starter. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid WedddingsMikehotelVIPDined on 8/16/2014If you book a reservation for a weekend night - you might want to make sure they don't have a wedding booked for their main dining room. It's just not the same great restaurant when there is all that other going on.
- Horrible! Refused us service!CurleyDined on 8/16/2014I made a reservation three days in advance and when my wife and I arrived we where told that there was a party and we where told that we would not be served. I noticed that other patrons arrived and where served! I truly will never go back to this restaurant! I am truly hurt that open table even has this restaurant in its database!
- Busy and LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Throngs of people. I was meeting a friend and asked for a quiet table, thru the reservation. DID NOT HAPPENSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT DID YOU SAY?2muchDined on 8/15/2014We had reservations for 8:30PM. We arrived right at 8:30 but were informed that there would be a wait of 15 or 20 minutes. The receptionist/hostess said we could go to the bar or sit on the bench in the hall. We went to the bar and it was full with no place to sit. The bench in the hallway was full and there were people standing also. The reception area also had people standing and waiting. The noise was so loud from everyone in the dining room and from those waiting that my wife and I could not even hear each other. I informed the receptionist that we were leaving. At another restaurant nearby we didn't have to wait. The food and live music was very good and we could converse with each other without having to yell. The evening ended well.Special Features:
- DisappointedShhgrrDined on 8/15/2014I had heard good things about this restaurant but it did not live up to the reviews. Service was lackluster and the mangers - I saw 2 - never visited the table. Chicken was VERY dry and nothing special. Matter of fact, it's a nice place - cool atmosphere but the food was fair and the service was nothing special. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Still OffFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went here recently for the first time in many years. My past complaints about the place are relevant today: Consistently slow / poor service, Poor wine service practices ($300 bottle of wine that was served at what felt like 80 degrees). For the prices they are charging, the experience should be so much better.
- DeliciousKitaDined on 8/15/2014Returning to this restaurant from a 1 year void, happened to be a wonderful dining experience. We opted for the HRW menu. Steak entree melted in your mouth. The fried oyster and crab cake appetizers were little bites of heaven. The coffee cheesecake was decadent and the fresh fruit tasted as if it were just picked. I forgot how wonderful the food is at this resaturnt. We took a peek at the overall menu and will be back to dine again and it will not take us a year to return!Special Features:
- Great lunch with friendsJWhiteDined on 8/15/2014We had a ladies lunch date @ Ouisie's today trying out the Houston Restaurant Week menu, the selection were excellent and good portion size for a great price $20. I love their general menu, too. Everything is delicious!Special Features: