3939 San Felipe Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ouisiestable.com/
- Phone: 7135282264x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday 11am - 2:30pm, Sunday 10am - 2:30pm
'Little Bites': Daily: 2:30pm - 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Elouise Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized to fit each guests needs. Please contact our Event Coordinator for more details:(713) 528-2264
- Private Party Facilities: Customized to fit each events needs. Ouisie's Table offers different size private rooms available for parties. Entire restaurant may be booked. 350 total indoor seating, 180 total outdoor seating. Main Dining Room,135 seated; Lucy's Porch,90 seated; Bears’ Garden, 150 seated; Alsey's Nest, 50 seated; The Little Garden, 30 seated; Cooper's Bin,14 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 7135282264x
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
- Special Events: Ouisie's Table offers different size private rooms available for special occasions. See Private Parties Facilities for room seating.
Open Christmas Eve. Closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
A word from Ouisie's Table
Known by generations for her hospitality, proprietress Elouise Adams Jones, a.k.a. Ouisie, serves an eclectic collection of Southern foods with an excellent wine list to match. High ceilings and fans in the main dining room it evoke the ambiance of a Texas manor house. The adjacent dining porch overlooking the patio and garden, as well as Cooper’s Wine Bin, provide additional dining and entertaining areas. The daily fare encompasses traditional offerings like her well-loved pimento cheese, the shrimp and grits, and the popular Gulf Coast oysters to the favorite Tuesday special Ouisie’s award winning chicken fried steak with corn pudding. A fine plate of grilled Prime beef tenderloin or a brace of quail stuffed with super lump crab meat with Cognac glaze are good examples of the daily specials one might find on the blackboard.Continued
Lunch and dinner daily, brunch on weekends.
Lunch and dinner daily, brunch on weekends.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ouisie's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)special occasion (92)great for lunch (78)fit for foodies (78)great for brunch (70)good for groups (61)romantic (57)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (20)scenic view (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Food Pretty GoodJReatsDined on 10/17/2014Food was tasty & presentation was nice. 2 in our party had Chicken Picatta (one of the specials) & even though it tasted good, was on the dry side & crispy on the edges because of the dryness. Sautéed green beans served with chicken were delicious; polenta was awful. Our waiter was attentive to one person (of 5) at our table who sat closest to the kitchen. He would come to the table & offer him a chance to order a drink & then leave without checking with anyone else - even though glasses were empty. After pointing this out to him, he still did it one more time before finally remembering to check with others at the table for their drink order. Not sure why, we were ordering cocktails, not just water refills! We will give it another try.Special Features:
- My Recent VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Last Thursday, Oct. 16th, I had dinner with my management team & everyone raved about how much they enjoy the food, services and the ambiance. As a result, I will be returning on Tuesday, Oct. 21st to book a bridal shower for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a bit noisyHoustonDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014We ate here with another couple. I had the buffalo tenderloin (delicious) and my husband had a fish dish with curry (not so good). One small disappointment was that they served our Cosmos in regular glasses instead of martini glasses. We were there on a Saturday night and there was a wedding taking place there (probably the reason they had no martini glasses?). It was very noisy, but they accommodated us by closing the door to the main dining room which helped. For dessert the four of us shared a fruit tart which was delicious. We've eaten here many times before and have always loved the food but the new fish curry dish needs tweaking. Other than that, it's a great place and we will be back.Special Features:
- eatsoutoftenVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always perfect gor thay special occasion. Staff was helpful and perfectly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Had to wait too long for our entrees. Appetizers and salads were served within appropriate time.Special Features:
- advchknVIPDined on 10/5/2014Food sounded great from description, but was just ok, not greatSpecial Features:
- poor attitude from waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent food when the right meal came. Corrected the waiter when the wrong meal came and he was put out that he didn't get the order correct and wanted it to be my fault. He was very unfriendly and aloof from that point on and rather cold. I would definitely come back for the food. The salmon and scollops were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bdaygirl10Dined on 10/4/2014Went here for an early bday dinner 3pm) and they were able to make rainbow trout for me even though it was not on the brunch menu! Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TheCloserDined on 10/2/2014The food at Ouisie's was great! Very eclectic menu and very reasonable prices. Great suggestion for a business lunch spot.Special Features:
- MandDined on 10/1/2014Went there our anniversary. Outstanding service, delicious food. Good vegetarian selections, as well as meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!KellyDined on 10/1/2014We ate lunch here for our 4th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. Our server was polite & professional and all the dishes we ordered were amazing. The sauteed calamari was especially wonderful.Special Features:
- ExpensivemssuzumacDined on 9/30/2014I've eaten at Ousies many times over the years but not in the last year. This time I went for lunch. Had a cup of soup, appetizer fried oysters and a glass of tea that cost me $30 after tax/tip. This is really crazy when the food was just mediocre. Asked for the oysters to be extra crispy and they were still a bit mushy. And $5 for a glass of tea is just ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great food in a great settingSLhorn34Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our Anniversary here after attending a prior group event. The food was great both times, and there are many more items on the menu that we want to try. The music was relaxing and created a nice atmosphere for a relaxed evening. I would highly recommend Ouisie's Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014First visit after relocating to Houston. Service was OUTSTANDING and food was delightful, especially the lemon pie. Enjoyed the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ousie's Table is still a charm!DeeDeeDinesDined on 9/26/2014Ousie's Table is still has such a warm and inviting ambiance. Upon arrival to celebrate my birthday we were graciously greeted by three staff members, and the maitre d’. We were ushered to our outdoor dining table, but chose to dine inside as the evening was a bit muggy and a large party was on the patio nearby. We were promptly seated at another table in the main dining room. The crab tower appetizer as well as the Oysters Rockefeller were delicious. Of the entres which were all beautifully presented, our favorite was the parmesan crusted Rainbow trout with a light parmesan sauce. Also another favorite was the wedge salad and of course the apple crostata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014Food needs a LOT of improvement. I wasn't very impressed. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday brunch!mimosasfordaysDined on 9/21/2014I had never been to Ouisie's Table but had passed by many times, wondering what this small, quaint restaurant could have in store for me. I decided to try it out for my 27th birthday brunch with close friends. I had read that Ouisie's offered $12 bottomless mimosas, bellinis and champagne and BOY did they deliver! The drinks were always flowing and they were outstanding. And for such a great price! The service was wonderful and attentive and the food (everyone's food) was amazing. I plan to revisit OUisie's Table very soon, even if it isn't for a special occasion. I love brunches (especially with bottomless drinks) and Ouisie's quickly became one of my new favorites.Special Features:
- Never disappointsss2shortDined on 9/20/2014Really nice spot and our waiter was totally the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mighty Fine!PatrickDined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed a very pleasant business lunch on a rainy Thursday. Friendly service, delish food, my first time here but not the last!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemMKEatsDined on 9/17/2014Overall good dining experience for a non corporately-owned restaurant. Updated but quaint atmosphere. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your moneytbeckVIPDined on 9/16/2014For being a relatively higher priced menu, the food was either bland or prepared poorly. Appetizer-sized portions were served as entrees and the service, especially for a more expensive location, lacked any attention & always pressured to order. This place failed at price, value, and service.
- Ouisie's TableWineRoomBirthdayDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Ouisie's. The waiter was terrific. We enjoyed the wine and that it was discounted for that week. The main dining room was booked for a wedding reception and we were seated in the side dining room. This room was nice but it would have been nice to know prior, that the main dining room was not available.Special Features:
- MediocreAndrewDined on 9/13/2014Here is another restaurant going downhill. We dined here last night. It was our anniversary & so noted when we made the reservation. It would have been great if they would have acknowledged that. We were not expecting anything other than "Thank you for dining with us on your anniversary". We ordered two salads; grilled endive & arugula. Both were excellent. We ordered the sea bass & vegetable plate. The sea bass was great but the risotto was bland & soggy & the broccoli overcooked. The vegetable plate was mediocre. It was comical at one stage of our dinner; our table was mistaken by the wait staff on 3 different occassions. We were interrupted with wine, appetizers & dinners that were not for our table. Funny!
- Wonderful and deliciousFoodieHeidiDined on 9/7/2014The food at Ouisie's Table never disappoints. The ingredients are so fresh and amazing. A beautiful dinner for a special birthday was absolutely perfect. The arugula salad was fabulous and had fresh figs and dried cherries in it. I normally don't like that sweet salad combo, but this was plate scrapingly yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful & delicioustakemeoutDined on 9/4/2014food is wonderful...setting is very nice...service is friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt....almost too many wonderful menu choices...makes for a great excuse to return soonSpecial Features:
- Service & Food were Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014We went for a Mid-Week birthday dinner and were very pleased with the menu, wine recommendation, wait staff and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodBeckyDMcVIPDined on 9/2/2014Our food at lunch was delicious and the presentation was lovely. The noise level was very good for conversation. Our server was very brusque in how she handled our requests. Her service was slow at best on bring the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday BrunchTigerBaitDined on 8/31/2014I had a wonderful Sunday brunch with family and friends here recently. The menu had excellent options, and the food was fantastic. The service was exceptional too. Strongly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Meals Are ChintzybabybommerDined on 8/30/2014My husband ordered from the RW menu & got 2 tiny crabcakes, a small 4 oz of beef and ONE scallop, and a very small dessert. I spent $10 less a la carte and had way more food than he did. All of the food was delicious, but c'mon ..... just one scallop??? Most places go out of their way to impress you during this time, but Ouisies obviously doesn't think it has to.Special Features:
- Misleading wine listharlanpigDined on 8/30/2014the wine brought to the table was not what I ordered. same brand, but wrong vintage. our waiter did not point this out; I had to discover this on my own. sadly, this has happened on another occasion at Ouisie's Table. the waiter "explained" that the vintage listed on the wine list was no longer delivered to the restaurant. consequently, I conclude, they will deliver a wine not ordered without pointing out the inaccuracy. I am SOOO tired of restaurants pulling this scam.Special Features:
- An Oldie but Goodie!EdFredVIPDined on 8/30/2014Dinner was about as good as one could make. The service was impeccable, the noise level was better than moderate and the good was great. Any serious diner should stop in once in awhile.Special Features:
- Great BrunchEdwardVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the bird's nest - a fun spin on egg's Benedict. Nice atmosphere. Great service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MustdinDined on 8/28/2014We were greatly with a Happy 50th anniversary. The service and food was great. We picked a great place to celebrate. The tables looked so pretty, and everything about the night was perfect. Would recommend this place to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:
- Ouisie's was goodalchsDined on 8/26/2014We went for lunch for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Food was good. Atmosphere was more for the older crowd. I think two other people were around our ages (25 - 30).Special Features:
- Always a DelightdelightDined on 8/25/2014Quisie's is a great restaurant with a nice selection of entrees. The atmosphere is a delight. Always nice to return to Quisies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Not very generous with the breads which are small to begin with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ribeyeottlutherVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very bad steak. I repeat, very bad steak. Was anyone in the kitchen?
- Good but not greatHTownFoodieDined on 8/24/2014The ambience was outstanding. Food was good but not great. Service was pretty slow even after the brunch crowd thinned out.
- EatMeDrinkMeDined on 8/24/2014The wine prices are very reasonable. I did not get a chance to see the whole building but I enjoyed my table inside. Friendly service and good food. My friends and I had a blast!! Cheers to Mouna for taking such great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marilynDined on 8/24/2014We had brunch at your place this past Sunday. Everything was wonderful. The service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.