3939 San Felipe Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ouisiestable.com/
- Phone: (713) 528-2264
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday 11am - 2:30pm, Sunday 10am - 2:30pm
'Little Bites': Daily: 2:30pm - 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Elouise Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized to fit each guests needs. Please contact our Event Coordinator for more details:(713) 528-2264
- Private Party Facilities: Customized to fit each events needs. Ouisie's Table offers different size private rooms available for parties. Entire restaurant may be booked. 350 total indoor seating, 180 total outdoor seating. Main Dining Room,135 seated; Lucy's Porch,90 seated; Bears’ Garden, 150 seated; Alsey's Nest, 50 seated; The Little Garden, 30 seated; Cooper's Bin,14 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 7135282264x
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
- Special Events: Ouisie's Table offers different size private rooms available for special occasions. See Private Parties Facilities for room seating.
Open Christmas Eve. Closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
A word from Ouisie's Table
Known by generations for her hospitality, proprietress Elouise Adams Jones, a.k.a. Ouisie, serves an eclectic collection of Southern foods with an excellent wine list to match. High ceilings and fans in the main dining room it evoke the ambiance of a Texas manor house. The adjacent dining porch overlooking the patio and garden, as well as Cooper’s Wine Bin, provide additional dining and entertaining areas. The daily fare encompasses traditional offerings like her well-loved pimento cheese, the shrimp and grits, and the popular Gulf Coast oysters to the favorite Tuesday special Ouisie’s award winning chicken fried steak with corn pudding. A fine plate of grilled Prime beef tenderloin or a brace of quail stuffed with super lump crab meat with Cognac glaze are good examples of the daily specials one might find on the blackboard.Continued
Lunch and dinner daily, brunch on weekends.
Lunch and dinner daily, brunch on weekends.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ouisie's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (101)special occasion (91)fit for foodies (85)great for lunch (78)great for brunch (69)good for groups (62)romantic (56)notable wine list (31)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014I have eaten here several times. The food is usually very good. Saturday the food was not good. I had a reservation for 2. They put us between a party of 20 and a party of 15. It was not a relaxing experience. I was unable to converse with my party, due to the noise.
- Cold be betterpickyeater48Dined on 11/21/2014Although the food was good, duck was quite rare, we had to send it back to cook a few more minutes. Fish was very good. And who serves a martini in a short glass? Excuse was that they run out of martini glasses. Service was not personable, a kinda cool. Most likely we'll be back to give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First customer! We dined for our anniversary!DavidInTheMedCtrDined on 11/15/2014After hearing and reading about Ousie's for years I decided to take my wife there for our 18th anniversary. The ambience, staff and dining was superb. We were treated like special guests and that went a long way to making us feel very welcome. Cannot wait to try brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treatPapaDined on 11/9/2014We always enjoy our visits. Great menu favorites & specials. Service low key but excellent. A nice tradition for Sunday morning.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsronnyb2424VIPDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed having dinner with another couple at Ouisie's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch Southern CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Houston. It has been around for a long time and the reason is the consistent quality of food and service. I love the miniature biscuits and cornbread served, and the meals are always excellent. The service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Glad we went.Enjoy2eatoutDined on 11/6/2014We have seen this restaurant on various Houston restaurant lists and have wanted to try it for over a year. We finally made it for dinner on a Thursday night, and although nothing "wowed" us on our first visit, it has a lot of potential and the service was very good. We want to return to try it again for lunch and/or brunch and see if we enjoy it more then.
- Ouisie'sgutsmoDined on 11/5/2014I tried to remember how many years Ouisie's has been a great restaurant after my grown daughter commented to her friend that we had been coming to Ouisie's since she was little. It is especially nice during the Holiday Season. It's comfortable, friendly with very tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and ServiceBusinessPlannerDined on 11/3/2014The Chilean Bass was outstanding. My long time friends and I were not rushed and our water glasses were contiually filled without notice. Thank you for a great dining experience. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sundy Brunchmrm1915Dined on 11/2/2014The food and service were great however there were several large parties in the main dinning room. I got a table pushed over by the bar. I will now probably make reservation by phone for Sunday brunch and ask about the seating.Special Features:
- Ouisie's Table is top notchBusinessTravelerDined on 10/29/2014Fantastic food, service, and unique pairings make this local find a forever favorite.Special Features:
- Great food....terrible serviceLuvgreatserviceDined on 10/26/2014We eat here quite a bit as it is convenient for my M I L. It used to be that the food was always really good but the last year or two it has been seriously hit or miss. Sunday we were pleasantly surprised… The food was absolutely fabulous… But the horrible service absolutely ruined it for us. Took us an hour after we completed our meal to actually get our check, sign it and get out of there.... The busboy provided better service than our waitress did.
- So So experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014There was spilled water on my chair and on my place setting when I went to sit down. My food was cold and had to be sent back. It was so so in quality and taste. Probably not worth the money and suggest you look for a better brunch place. Valet parking makes it hard to self park if you so desire.Special Features:
- Great DinnerKristenDined on 10/21/2014We had a great dinner. The food was delicious - seafood crepes and pan roasted chicken. Yum! The service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itTOG1Dined on 10/19/2014Sundays are not usually the best time to go to restaurants, and Ouisie's is probably no exception. The busboys and wait staff were somewhat surly and service was not fabulous (got three out of four dishes correct, but were relatively fast in fixing the issue - not sure how you confuse Tuna with Rack of Lamb though...). The restaurant is very nice, the location is great, and I imagine that on a weekday with more seasoned staff, it is a wonderful experience. Will probably go again.
- My Go To RestaurantDevotedDined on 10/19/2014Everything about this restaurant is superb. Whether it is the food, the casual elegance, the outstanding wait staff, or its ease in dining, this is my go to place. Each entree is prepared with great thought; the presentation that accompanies it is the same. I love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Pretty GoodJReatsDined on 10/17/2014Food was tasty & presentation was nice. 2 in our party had Chicken Picatta (one of the specials) & even though it tasted good, was on the dry side & crispy on the edges because of the dryness. Sautéed green beans served with chicken were delicious; polenta was awful. Our waiter was attentive to one person (of 5) at our table who sat closest to the kitchen. He would come to the table & offer him a chance to order a drink & then leave without checking with anyone else - even though glasses were empty. After pointing this out to him, he still did it one more time before finally remembering to check with others at the table for their drink order. Not sure why, we were ordering cocktails, not just water refills! We will give it another try.Special Features:
- My Recent VisitLainiDined on 10/16/2014Last Thursday, Oct. 16th, I had dinner with my management team & everyone raved about how much they enjoy the food, services and the ambiance. As a result, I will be returning on Tuesday, Oct. 21st to book a bridal shower for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealyumfoodDined on 10/16/2014The food was fabulous and our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise!HaveSporkWillTravelDined on 10/11/2014This is a wonderful place for a romantic dinner. The atmosphere was a bit airish, but cozy and inviting. The grilled ribeye was seasoned and seared to perfection. The chicken tandoori was a little on the dry side, but otherwise tasty. The wait staff were knowledgable and attentive. Overall, our dining experience was a pleasant one. We will certainly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a bit noisyHoustonDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014We ate here with another couple. I had the buffalo tenderloin (delicious) and my husband had a fish dish with curry (not so good). One small disappointment was that they served our Cosmos in regular glasses instead of martini glasses. We were there on a Saturday night and there was a wedding taking place there (probably the reason they had no martini glasses?). It was very noisy, but they accommodated us by closing the door to the main dining room which helped. For dessert the four of us shared a fruit tart which was delicious. We've eaten here many times before and have always loved the food but the new fish curry dish needs tweaking. Other than that, it's a great place and we will be back.Special Features:
- eatsoutoftenVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always perfect gor thay special occasion. Staff was helpful and perfectly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Had to wait too long for our entrees. Appetizers and salads were served within appropriate time.Special Features:
- advchknVIPDined on 10/5/2014Food sounded great from description, but was just ok, not greatSpecial Features:
- poor attitude from waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent food when the right meal came. Corrected the waiter when the wrong meal came and he was put out that he didn't get the order correct and wanted it to be my fault. He was very unfriendly and aloof from that point on and rather cold. I would definitely come back for the food. The salmon and scollops were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bdaygirl10Dined on 10/4/2014Went here for an early bday dinner 3pm) and they were able to make rainbow trout for me even though it was not on the brunch menu! Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TheCloserDined on 10/2/2014The food at Ouisie's was great! Very eclectic menu and very reasonable prices. Great suggestion for a business lunch spot.Special Features:
- MandDined on 10/1/2014Went there our anniversary. Outstanding service, delicious food. Good vegetarian selections, as well as meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!KellyDined on 10/1/2014We ate lunch here for our 4th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. Our server was polite & professional and all the dishes we ordered were amazing. The sauteed calamari was especially wonderful.Special Features:
- ExpensivemssuzumacVIPDined on 9/30/2014I've eaten at Ousies many times over the years but not in the last year. This time I went for lunch. Had a cup of soup, appetizer fried oysters and a glass of tea that cost me $30 after tax/tip. This is really crazy when the food was just mediocre. Asked for the oysters to be extra crispy and they were still a bit mushy. And $5 for a glass of tea is just ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great food in a great settingSLhorn34Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our Anniversary here after attending a prior group event. The food was great both times, and there are many more items on the menu that we want to try. The music was relaxing and created a nice atmosphere for a relaxed evening. I would highly recommend Ouisie's Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014First visit after relocating to Houston. Service was OUTSTANDING and food was delightful, especially the lemon pie. Enjoyed the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ousie's Table is still a charm!DeeDeeDinesDined on 9/26/2014Ousie's Table is still has such a warm and inviting ambiance. Upon arrival to celebrate my birthday we were graciously greeted by three staff members, and the maitre d’. We were ushered to our outdoor dining table, but chose to dine inside as the evening was a bit muggy and a large party was on the patio nearby. We were promptly seated at another table in the main dining room. The crab tower appetizer as well as the Oysters Rockefeller were delicious. Of the entres which were all beautifully presented, our favorite was the parmesan crusted Rainbow trout with a light parmesan sauce. Also another favorite was the wedge salad and of course the apple crostata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014Food needs a LOT of improvement. I wasn't very impressed. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday brunch!mimosasfordaysDined on 9/21/2014I had never been to Ouisie's Table but had passed by many times, wondering what this small, quaint restaurant could have in store for me. I decided to try it out for my 27th birthday brunch with close friends. I had read that Ouisie's offered $12 bottomless mimosas, bellinis and champagne and BOY did they deliver! The drinks were always flowing and they were outstanding. And for such a great price! The service was wonderful and attentive and the food (everyone's food) was amazing. I plan to revisit OUisie's Table very soon, even if it isn't for a special occasion. I love brunches (especially with bottomless drinks) and Ouisie's quickly became one of my new favorites.Special Features:
- Never disappointsss2shortDined on 9/20/2014Really nice spot and our waiter was totally the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mighty Fine!PatrickDined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed a very pleasant business lunch on a rainy Thursday. Friendly service, delish food, my first time here but not the last!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemMKEatsDined on 9/17/2014Overall good dining experience for a non corporately-owned restaurant. Updated but quaint atmosphere. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your moneytbeckVIPDined on 9/16/2014For being a relatively higher priced menu, the food was either bland or prepared poorly. Appetizer-sized portions were served as entrees and the service, especially for a more expensive location, lacked any attention & always pressured to order. This place failed at price, value, and service.
- Ouisie's TableWineRoomBirthdayDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Ouisie's. The waiter was terrific. We enjoyed the wine and that it was discounted for that week. The main dining room was booked for a wedding reception and we were seated in the side dining room. This room was nice but it would have been nice to know prior, that the main dining room was not available.Special Features: