3939 San Felipe Road
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ouisiestable.com/
- Phone: 7135282264x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday 11am - 2:30pm, Sunday 10am - 2:30pm
'Little Bites': Daily: 2:30pm - 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Elouise Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized to fit each guests needs. Please contact our Event Coordinator for more details:(713) 528-2264
- Private Party Facilities: Customized to fit each events needs. Ouisie's Table offers different size private rooms available for parties. Entire restaurant may be booked. 350 total indoor seating, 180 total outdoor seating. Main Dining Room,135 seated; Lucy's Porch,90 seated; Bears’ Garden, 150 seated; Alsey's Nest, 50 seated; The Little Garden, 30 seated; Cooper's Bin,14 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 7135282264x
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
- Special Events: Ouisie's Table offers different size private rooms available for special occasions. See Private Parties Facilities for room seating.
Open Christmas Eve. Closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
A word from Ouisie's Table
Known by generations for her hospitality, proprietress Elouise Adams Jones, a.k.a. Ouisie, serves an eclectic collection of Southern foods with an excellent wine list to match. High ceilings and fans in the main dining room it evoke the ambiance of a Texas manor house. The adjacent dining porch overlooking the patio and garden, as well as Cooper’s Wine Bin, provide additional dining and entertaining areas. The daily fare encompasses traditional offerings like her well-loved pimento cheese, the shrimp and grits, and the popular Gulf Coast oysters to the favorite Tuesday special Ouisie’s award winning chicken fried steak with corn pudding. A fine plate of grilled Prime beef tenderloin or a brace of quail stuffed with super lump crab meat with Cognac glaze are good examples of the daily specials one might find on the blackboard.Continued
Lunch and dinner daily, brunch on weekends.
Lunch and dinner daily, brunch on weekends.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ouisie's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)neighborhood gem (94)great for lunch (76)fit for foodies (75)great for brunch (66)good for groups (62)romantic (59)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- ExpensivemssuzumacDined on 9/30/2014I've eaten at Ousies many times over the years but not in the last year. This time I went for lunch. Had a cup of soup, appetizer fried oysters and a glass of tea that cost me $30 after tax/tip. This is really crazy when the food was just mediocre. Asked for the oysters to be extra crispy and they were still a bit mushy. And $5 for a glass of tea is just ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great food in a great settingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our Anniversary here after attending a prior group event. The food was great both times, and there are many more items on the menu that we want to try. The music was relaxing and created a nice atmosphere for a relaxed evening. I would highly recommend Ouisie's Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014First visit after relocating to Houston. Service was OUTSTANDING and food was delightful, especially the lemon pie. Enjoyed the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ousie's Table is still a charm!DeeDeeDinesDined on 9/26/2014Ousie's Table is still has such a warm and inviting ambiance. Upon arrival to celebrate my birthday we were graciously greeted by three staff members, and the maitre d’. We were ushered to our outdoor dining table, but chose to dine inside as the evening was a bit muggy and a large party was on the patio nearby. We were promptly seated at another table in the main dining room. The crab tower appetizer as well as the Oysters Rockefeller were delicious. Of the entres which were all beautifully presented, our favorite was the parmesan crusted Rainbow trout with a light parmesan sauce. Also another favorite was the wedge salad and of course the apple crostata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014Food needs a LOT of improvement. I wasn't very impressed. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday brunch!mimosasfordaysDined on 9/21/2014I had never been to Ouisie's Table but had passed by many times, wondering what this small, quaint restaurant could have in store for me. I decided to try it out for my 27th birthday brunch with close friends. I had read that Ouisie's offered $12 bottomless mimosas, bellinis and champagne and BOY did they deliver! The drinks were always flowing and they were outstanding. And for such a great price! The service was wonderful and attentive and the food (everyone's food) was amazing. I plan to revisit OUisie's Table very soon, even if it isn't for a special occasion. I love brunches (especially with bottomless drinks) and Ouisie's quickly became one of my new favorites.Special Features:
- Never disappointsss2shortDined on 9/20/2014Really nice spot and our waiter was totally the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mighty Fine!PatrickDined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed a very pleasant business lunch on a rainy Thursday. Friendly service, delish food, my first time here but not the last!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemMKEatsDined on 9/17/2014Overall good dining experience for a non corporately-owned restaurant. Updated but quaint atmosphere. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your moneytbeckVIPDined on 9/16/2014For being a relatively higher priced menu, the food was either bland or prepared poorly. Appetizer-sized portions were served as entrees and the service, especially for a more expensive location, lacked any attention & always pressured to order. This place failed at price, value, and service.
- Ouisie's TableWineRoomBirthdayDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Ouisie's. The waiter was terrific. We enjoyed the wine and that it was discounted for that week. The main dining room was booked for a wedding reception and we were seated in the side dining room. This room was nice but it would have been nice to know prior, that the main dining room was not available.Special Features:
- MediocreAndrewDined on 9/13/2014Here is another restaurant going downhill. We dined here last night. It was our anniversary & so noted when we made the reservation. It would have been great if they would have acknowledged that. We were not expecting anything other than "Thank you for dining with us on your anniversary". We ordered two salads; grilled endive & arugula. Both were excellent. We ordered the sea bass & vegetable plate. The sea bass was great but the risotto was bland & soggy & the broccoli overcooked. The vegetable plate was mediocre. It was comical at one stage of our dinner; our table was mistaken by the wait staff on 3 different occassions. We were interrupted with wine, appetizers & dinners that were not for our table. Funny!
- Wonderful and deliciousFoodieHeidiDined on 9/7/2014The food at Ouisie's Table never disappoints. The ingredients are so fresh and amazing. A beautiful dinner for a special birthday was absolutely perfect. The arugula salad was fabulous and had fresh figs and dried cherries in it. I normally don't like that sweet salad combo, but this was plate scrapingly yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful & delicioustakemeoutDined on 9/4/2014food is wonderful...setting is very nice...service is friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt....almost too many wonderful menu choices...makes for a great excuse to return soonSpecial Features:
- Service & Food were Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014We went for a Mid-Week birthday dinner and were very pleased with the menu, wine recommendation, wait staff and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodBeckyDMcVIPDined on 9/2/2014Our food at lunch was delicious and the presentation was lovely. The noise level was very good for conversation. Our server was very brusque in how she handled our requests. Her service was slow at best on bring the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday BrunchTigerBaitDined on 8/31/2014I had a wonderful Sunday brunch with family and friends here recently. The menu had excellent options, and the food was fantastic. The service was exceptional too. Strongly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Meals Are ChintzybabybommerDined on 8/30/2014My husband ordered from the RW menu & got 2 tiny crabcakes, a small 4 oz of beef and ONE scallop, and a very small dessert. I spent $10 less a la carte and had way more food than he did. All of the food was delicious, but c'mon ..... just one scallop??? Most places go out of their way to impress you during this time, but Ouisies obviously doesn't think it has to.Special Features:
- Misleading wine listharlanpigDined on 8/30/2014the wine brought to the table was not what I ordered. same brand, but wrong vintage. our waiter did not point this out; I had to discover this on my own. sadly, this has happened on another occasion at Ouisie's Table. the waiter "explained" that the vintage listed on the wine list was no longer delivered to the restaurant. consequently, I conclude, they will deliver a wine not ordered without pointing out the inaccuracy. I am SOOO tired of restaurants pulling this scam.Special Features:
- An Oldie but Goodie!EdFredVIPDined on 8/30/2014Dinner was about as good as one could make. The service was impeccable, the noise level was better than moderate and the good was great. Any serious diner should stop in once in awhile.Special Features:
- Great BrunchEdwardVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the bird's nest - a fun spin on egg's Benedict. Nice atmosphere. Great service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MustdinDined on 8/28/2014We were greatly with a Happy 50th anniversary. The service and food was great. We picked a great place to celebrate. The tables looked so pretty, and everything about the night was perfect. Would recommend this place to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:
- Ouisie's was goodalchsDined on 8/26/2014We went for lunch for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Food was good. Atmosphere was more for the older crowd. I think two other people were around our ages (25 - 30).Special Features:
- Always a DelightdelightDined on 8/25/2014Quisie's is a great restaurant with a nice selection of entrees. The atmosphere is a delight. Always nice to return to Quisies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Not very generous with the breads which are small to begin with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ribeyeottlutherVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very bad steak. I repeat, very bad steak. Was anyone in the kitchen?
- Good but not greatHTownFoodieDined on 8/24/2014The ambience was outstanding. Food was good but not great. Service was pretty slow even after the brunch crowd thinned out.
- EatMeDrinkMeDined on 8/24/2014The wine prices are very reasonable. I did not get a chance to see the whole building but I enjoyed my table inside. Friendly service and good food. My friends and I had a blast!! Cheers to Mouna for taking such great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marilynDined on 8/24/2014We had brunch at your place this past Sunday. Everything was wonderful. The service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Ouisie's1DestinyDined on 8/24/2014My husband, son & I had a fabulous experience at Ouisie's. We had the 3 course HRW brunch menu with bottomless mimosas. The food was wonderful - the crabcakes are the best. The restaurant was crowded but that did not hamper service at all. We enjoyed the jazz ensemble. Going to Ouisie's for Sunday brunch can make any Sunday a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful PlaceStaceyMDined on 8/24/2014Great brunch menu, although we chose off the HRW menu. We had a fantastic server, great food. Overall and superior experienceSpecial Features:
- HRW BrunchpaperfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Mimosas were excellent. A little disappointed with my coffee cheesecake, but everything else was very yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisystarDined on 8/23/2014The food is ok although very inconsistent, I had great food there and not so good. In this particular occasion the meat was dry and tough. But what kills it for us is the noise. You cannot have a conversation without having to shout and for dinner it's even worse with the music. The chocolate cake was delicious. The Menu was given to us 20 minutes after we sat down. We were not asked if we wanted wine with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conniebDined on 8/23/2014Very disappointed in the huevos rancheros. They should have been scrambled with choriso, but were plain friend eggs with some salsa on the side. If there were not going to be mexican, they should have called them fried eggs!!!Special Features:
- Ouisie's was mostly goodKatellaDined on 8/22/2014I always enjoy going to Ouisie's. The space is very nice and the service is great. I was somewhat disappointed in my Dover Sole entree. The fish is delicate and I love its simplicity, however it had some sort of coating on it and almost fried. I am sure they would call it pan sauteed, but it was even a little greasy. The dish also came with a mound of mashed potatoes that covered 1/3rd of the plate. Less fish, more potatoes, a few vegetables for only $34.00. I won't be ordering that again! Otherwise, a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Ouisie'sGjones62Dined on 8/21/2014With plenty of great options in Houston for a romantic meal, it was easy to select Ouisies' Table. The service was prompt, the food excellent and the ambiance, fantastic! It's been a while since I dined at "the table". I'll be back, soon. Very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW 2014 Reviewiman1200Dined on 8/20/2014My friend and I went here to participate in the HRW lunch menu. I had the salmon with wasabi mashed potatoes and the fish was cooked perfectly. Great service from everyone except the valet. I liked the ambiance better in the inside versus indoor patio area. However, my friend preferred the patio area more. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantPopeyeVIPDined on 8/19/2014Ouisie's is a lovely restaurant. The food is always very good, as is the ambience and the service is solid.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Food From Ouisie's TableNastyFoodDined on 8/19/2014I choose Houston restaurant week food and I was not impressed. It was not good, chicken and crab cake were very dry. The dessert was was disgusting. It was horrible. I was really disappointed.
- Good Service; HRW Menu LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014We've dined here before, so we thought we'd give it a try during lunch for HRW. The menu choices were rather slim, and the portions (albeit lunch) were much smaller than expected. Good service, however.Special Features: