233 Easton Road
Horsham, PA 19044Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ottosbrauhauspa.com/
- Phone: 2156751864
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Otto's Restaurant
Otto's Brauhaus has been serving mouthwatering Prime Rib, Steaks, Seafood and German Specialties such as Sauerbraten, Schnitzel, Wursts, Spaetzle and Apple Strudel since the 1930's! Over the years it has become a landmark everyone knows among the Horsham community. Owners, Chris and Sia Balis are here to provide the best German and American cuisine to every guest. Whether you would like an American classic or to try a special German dish, we have what you are looking for! Combine well prepared food with an excellent staff, Otto's is a must try to every native and visitor of Horsham! We are also available to cater your event with as little as a 24 hour notice!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Otto's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always wanted to try- so glad I didOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014I have driven by Otto's for years on my way to Lancers and every time I drive by I say "We have to try that place!" There are always a lot of cars in the lot, which always indicates to me it must be good! We finally got the opportunity to try Otto's on a Sunday when they have their buffet. I don't think they have it every night, but I could be wrong. Everything was great, and you could tell it was all homemade. They provided free iced tea, and dessert was also at the buffett. There were beef dishes, schnitzel (spelling??), a veal loaf, assorted sausages (my favorite item), chicken, pasta, cold salad items, roasted potatos, carving station, pork, and did I mention the desserts? Blueberry cake, cookies, apple struedel, & eclairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighboorhood PlaceBigdog782VIPDined on 8/9/2014Outdoor dining, Excellent beer list, best German food in the area - with other dishes quality made as well. Eat outside and bring your well behaved pets because they're welcome outside at Otto's. A great outdoor atmosphere and food worthy of the price. You cant beat that combination. Our family eats at Ottos at least 3-4 times during the summer and spring. In the fall its Octoberfest !! and that means lots of great beer to accompany the wonderful German food.Special Features:
- Super EveningDiscriminatingDinerDined on 8/1/2014Like traveling to Austria: the food, Brass Band (sang along!), servers (so friendly!), Beer selection, and ponds and foliage in the Biergarten made this a super evening for our whole group. We have been coming here for dinner for more than 20 years, and it never disappoints. Last Friday's Band provided an added cultural experience for our family and guest. In Winter, the dining rooms and Bar are just as fun to have a meal that is as authentic as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendskatiepegDined on 8/1/2014We were a party of 6 having dinner for friends that were moving to Florida. We were in the large dining room. Our waitress was very good! We were talking for a while and she waited till we were ready to order. She came back several times to check on us for refills and our food came out very quickly. she even recommended that we check out the entertainment on the patio. We stopped on our way out and enjoyed the music. We have been here several times by ourselves and with groups of relatives and have always enjoyed our meals. My food was not hot, especially my baked potato and there was another guest using his cell phone very loudly. I know these thing can happen at times. I am positive we will be back! All in all we had a great time!Special Features:
- Breakfast last SaturdaygoodfoodgirlDined on 7/19/2014I joined 2 friends for breakfast. We ate outside. Wow, what a nice surprise. It was our 1st time for breakfast and we were delighted. Food was good and portions are generous. I ordered a spinach-mushroom skillet with eggs and potatoes. I took half of it home for another delicious meal. I will be back!Special Features:
- DifferentDined on 7/5/2014Very authenic German food. Staff was very friendly. Garden needed more attention. Misquito's showed up outside...maybe a few citronella candles would help. Great apple desert! Enjoyed the traditional German costumes.Special Features:
- Lunch with old friendsoldfriendDined on 6/28/2014German food: brats, spatezle, red cabbage good. German potato salad was not good. Steak sandwich didn't look appealing for a Phila. dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good breakfast food, near TurnpikeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014I needed to find a breakfast restaurant where I could meet friends who were passing through on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Otto's fit the bill. The food was good, the cost for a weekday breakfast was reasonable, and the server was very friendly and attentive. On my way out I noticed that the outdoor seating area in the back looks inviting, and they have live music some evenings in the summer. It's right on 611, but I'd still consider coming for live music since the seating is behind the building.Special Features:
- Needs to be improvedNicoleDined on 6/20/2014Neat atmosphere, fun German theme. Needs to be remodeled inside. Outside is nicer. Service was very slow. Food was average.Special Features:
- awsome buffettartsdinnerDined on 6/15/2014Love this place for the best German food around and Sunday they have a buffet that let's you get a taste off all the good stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World TreatljwhitehausDined on 6/15/2014We decided to use our Christmas gift card on Father's Day for a late lunch in the biergarten. We love German food and are members of the Lancaster Liederkranz where we dine on German dishes quite often. The schnitzel was delicious and our daughter's sausage platter was wonderful. I have had better potato pancakes but these were fine. Just a little bland. Red cabbage was great as was the cole slaw. My husband is a beer geek and was quite disappointed that nearly every beer he ordered was no longer on tap. He finally had them bring a list of what was available and then one of those kicked. However, we would love to return when we are back at that part of the Pennsylvania.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok, service was notnotworththemoneyDined on 5/26/2014The staff was friendly but the service was not good Our poor waitress was new to the breakfast service and was struggling to get the food out to our large party While the managers came out to us several times and were apologetic, they were not helpful - they could have apologized while running food!! However, they didn't seem willing to do so and as a result our food came out at different times with the sides coming out last. Some of the party had to leave before all the food got out. And to top it all off, I was charged more than I signed for on my credit card slip. Never going backSpecial Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the Otto's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Otto's RestaurantBriDinerDined on 5/18/2014We came to Otto's specifically to try the authentic German cuisine. The buffet was an excellent way to get a sample of several different German dishes. The regular prices are a little high but the food was excellent. We did order appetizers in addition to the buffet and the portions were quite sizable and both dishes were excellent! I would recommend Otto's to anyone looking to try some German food and I look forward to returning and trying some of their other dishes.Special Features:
- Awful Experience!PatriciaDined on 5/17/2014Had reservations for 7 pm. Got there at 6:30 pm. They had trouble finding our reservations, til we told them we booked with Open Table. Very confused with everyone else's reservations too. Said we'd sit at the bar, and wait to be called. People came in while we had a drink and sat at one of the tables in the bar area. Another couple sitting at one of the tables was told to "Be Patient" we only have 3 servers tonight. The table in the bar area was given menus and waited on rather quickly. No one in the dining room was getting their food very promptly. I could see that, as I went to the Ladies room. NO toilet paper in the bathroom. We finally left at 7:25 pm. without ever being acknowledged. Will NEVER go back there again!Special Features:
- couldn't handle the large crowdBigdog782VIPDined on 5/17/2014We arrived at 6:30 and the aw lot was full. It took 10 mins to get our table and 25 more for a waiter to appear. From the service to the food quality you could tell that they didn't have the staff to accommodate a full house. We saw people leave as they got no service. This is a shame as the food is generally good as is the service. When the food arrived it was either over cooked or cold. Echo there regularly and this was the first time we have had such an experience, as generally the food is top quality. The outside seating area is pet friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite for special occasionsJJDFDined on 5/11/2014Our entire family considers dinner at Otto's a special treat. The German food is authentic and each family member has a favorite dish. Mine is the jaeger schnitzel. The background German music contributes to the festive atmosphere as does the dress of the servers. Although they offer non-German dishes, none of us have ever tried them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amymike13Dined on 5/9/2014We had a very nice time. The food was good and my husband loved the sausages.Special Features:
- Covington GemFranVIPDined on 5/8/2014What a great place for dinner ! Menu was creative . Food was great and well presented. Wine list was varied. What was even better was it was Thursday and wine bottles were 1/2 priced. It was nice to have a leisurely dinner dining outside.Special Features:
- Great German VibeGTicemanDined on 5/2/2014Heard good things about Otto's and their food. Went to try some authentic German dishes and was not disappointed. Strudel was a great dessert.
- German FoodRysdesVIPDined on 4/28/2014We like going to Otto's when we're in the mood for some German food and beer. The food is fairly decent. We like the apple strudel best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Otto's NightshouldbeaicriticDined on 4/28/2014We really enjoy dining at Otto's each time we go. This time was just an evening out. Not an even. We all had entrees new to us. All were delicious, with plenty to bring home for another meal. Next time we go back for the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food not hotmbs49Dined on 4/26/2014Ate at Otto's recently food was very good, however my french onion soup and entree where Served Luke warm at best. When the soup came I figured it was an oversight and muddled through. The taste was wonderful. When the entree came I was to hungry to be bothered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldstyleluv2eatoutDined on 4/21/2014When I entered the restaurant I was unsure what to expect. After I was seated and the waitress came out to take my order I was taken back by the waitresses outfit. The fact that she said Hello in German really tickled my fancy. Reminded me of old school German outfits during the 50's. I had asked the waitress later on if she spoke much German and she said not much but. I asked about the uniform that she was wearing and she said the style was at least fifty years old. This really intrigued me since I have a son who is learning German. The menu was of German and other cuisines but to have a whole page for just German cuisine I thought was very interesting. The food was very well prepared and tasting very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy the garden diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/13/2014Love the food and ambience here. Great food and service. The buffet on Sundays is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a tryMaddyDined on 4/8/2014This place reminder me of a German diner. It's appearance is outdated but the food and service were wonderful! I would return in warmer months to see what their outdoor seating has to offer. They offer some German beer selections which is always nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a MessTrevorLanisterDined on 4/5/201425 minutes to get our sodas. Over an hour to get our food. Server's comment when delivering our plates "I hope this is right, the cook just threw the plates at me". There is no ambience, patrons line up to be seated in the middle of main dining room, very distracting. Food was just OK.
- First time dinerGermanfanDined on 4/5/2014This was our first time at Otto's. We had been to Germany and wanted to try some authentic food here at home. The food was grreat, big portions. I especially loved the Black Forest Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuffetwarringtonwillieDined on 3/23/2014We went to the Sunday Buffet. They had a variety of main dishes and desserts that were very good - authentic German food. They also had soup and salad on the buffet. All the wait staff was dress in German outfits. Our waitress was very pleasant and even sang Happy Birthday in German. You can't get better than that. We highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:
- Food - a bit disappointingomwsDined on 3/22/2014I think the German food was very heavy - not like my, German born, mother-in-law's. The gravy was so thick it was almost like pudding. The flavor of the sauergratin and red cabbage were very good..the spaetzles were mushy and heavy. Our waitress, Shannon, was excellent! At this time, I don't feel I can recommend Otto's but should give it another try.
- Not impressedNotsomuchDined on 3/1/2014Somewhat decent selection of beers. Food is expensive, and does not taste that good for what they are charging. I have been to 5 different Bavarian style Restaurants with much much better food, that costs less. Service was not very good at all, had a hard time getting drinks and did not check on us at all. Sometimes was gone for 15 mins or more. Would not recommend at all.
- Ok German foodChococatDined on 2/14/2014I'm a German food nut. My omi was a wonderful cook and after she passed away I've been trying to find the same tastes I grew up with. Unfortunately omi had heavily guarded recipes in her head that she took to the grave and I can not replicate. Ottos Wiener schnitzel sautéed was wonderful, as was the lentil soup and spatzle. The cucumber salad, potato pancakes, and apple strudel were not to my liking. The cucumber salad was a tad on the tired side, the potato pancakes could have been crisper and done more. The apple strudel was probably probably made ahead of time, but I understand that takes time to make fresh. Their wine and beer list was superb and their prices are pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GermanyKimberDined on 2/14/2014I was delighted by the restaurant. I have been to Germany multiple times can attest to food. Good food, live music and delightful staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Otto's time has passed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2014This has become an old and tired place. The quality was no better than a slightly above average diner, in terms of both food quality and ambiance. It just not a very pleasant or memorable place. And it used to be much better under the prior ownership.
- Wonderful Authentic German FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/26/2014If you are looking for a restaurant that is reasonably priced with huge portions, great food and good service, Otto's is your place. You can tell that everything is homemade from the soups to the desserts. My favorite dish is Sauerbraten which I always order with potato pancakes, and cream spinach. For dessert don't miss the apple strudel. Everything that we have ever ordered has been well prepared and tastes great. With such large portions I usually take home leftovers to be enjoyed the next day. Otto's is one of our favorite restaurants. It is so nice to have this restaurant in the area, as it offers something different that cannot be had at any chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JoanLDined on 12/30/2013I go here for special occasions, the buffet, the breakfast on the terrace, and I bring friends here when they visit. The food is always excellent. The prices are reasonable. The service is always excellent. And the apple strudel is fantastic! Friends have had events in a private room there and everything was made very special for them. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding German FoodJJF2Dined on 11/22/2013We like to go here for special occasions. The food is authentic German, well prepared and well served. The price is moderate, but the food is outstanding. My wife had the Wiener schnitzel, and I had the Jaeger Schnitzel with spaetzle. The snapper soup was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my prime rib was excellent.DookefanDined on 11/8/2013my prime rib was excellent. It was done medium rare just like I ordered.
- Graet German FoodpmrthirdVIPDined on 11/3/2013Went on Sunday to enjoy their buffet. Great selection and really enjoyed most of the offerings. Desserts included too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great German foodfooddiner1Dined on 11/2/2013Otto's is a great neighborhood restaurant which offers authentic German American food in a comfortable atmosphere. The food portions are generous. I would recommend the sauer braten or prime rib. But ant German dish you order will be good.And there is a great menu variety for those who may not want German food but who like seafood or other dishes. It was worth traveling a distance for! I would certainly come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet neighborhood gemBirthdaygirlDined on 11/2/2013We always drive by ottos and say we should stop in. This was my bday weekend so we made a reservation and we went had such a great time it was so beautiful and the waitresses even dress in German outfits really felt like we were in GermanySpecial Features: