Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
1 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ottopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 2129959559x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mario Batali
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Have Otto cater your next office party or home event! Our selections of marinated vegetables, house-cured meats, imported cheeses, pizza, pasta, and gelati are sure to please a wide range of palates. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: OTTO offers many options for your party including wine tastings and group dining. Bring a few of your friends to taste six wines with one of our sommeliers or invite twelve or more to sample the rich Italian menu of antipasti, pizza, and gelati with unlimited wine and beer. Contact AnnaMarie Vukmanovich to help guide you through whatever your party interests may be.
- Private Party Contact: AnnaMarie Vukmanovich 2129959559x101
- Special Events: OTTO hosts wine classes every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm in the enoteca, our standing bar tables in the front of the restaurant. Classes are led by one of our very knowledgeable and enthusiastic wine team members.
A word from Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
Modeled after an Italian train station, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich's OTTO is located on 8th Street, in the historic One Fifth Avenue building. Serving classic Italian pizzas and pastas, a large selection of house-cured meats, Italian and local cheeses, Artisanal Gelato, and boasting a 750+ all-Italian wine list, OTTO has become a destination for New York diners as well as a neighborhood hot spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
330 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (189)good for groups (163)fit for foodies (155)neighborhood gem (124)great for lunch (88)vibrant bar scene (84)hot spot (81)kid-friendly (80)special occasion (63)late-night find (40)romantic (35)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014I loved the food here. Very fresh tasting. I would have given this restaurant five stars, but I was a little disappointed that for their awesomely enormous wine list, the cheapest red is $38/btl. And it goes all the way up to over $1000. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm going to drop $100/btl on wine, I'm not going to a place that I can order pasta for $11. And vice-versa. Not expecting $15 bottles, but $25 would be more reasonable for food at this spending point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Bene!jodiDined on 9/27/2014Everything is good. Just go and eat. Wines selection is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good optionbd1976Dined on 9/27/2014Great for tourists and minor league foodies. Comfortable, casual, but still nice enough to feel like you've put some thought into it. The quality of the food is always very good—rarely exceptional, but great for a nice meal. Also, the prices are very reasonable considering the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, As AlwaysHappyEaterDined on 9/27/2014We've been going to Otto for years, since it opened and it has always been great. We went this time with our 8 y.o. daughter and we all really enjoyed our meals and the experience (great service all around.) Otto consistently delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great valueTantanbourineDined on 9/26/2014It's hard to find a spot in manhattan where you get great service, excellent food, delicious wine and solid cocktails and walk out spending only $30 a head. It's almost too good to be true. 100% recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pizza and serviceohreallysidDined on 9/25/2014Great experience here, first time for me, second for my friends. Pizzas were gorgeous, simple, well-balanced, great crust. We got a trio of olives as well and each were in really flavorful oils that we sopped up with the delish bread. Got some veggie sides which were also perfectly cooked, simple, and great. We had 4 pizzas for 3 (very hungry) foodies and shared; the Cacio e Pepe tasted like classic comfort food, like a dish of pasta with butter and cheese and black pepper, but somehow on a pizza; it is amazing with a little crushed red pepper and although possibly the simplest, it stole the show! GREAT service, beautiful food, handled food allergies PERFECTLY. Very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOve OttoEaterVIPDined on 9/24/2014Pane Frattau Pizza is the best. Awesome wines, great service, unbelievably consistent!Special Features:
- Amazing food but loudHidesVIPDined on 9/23/2014This place is my favorite go to spot. Everyone I bring loves it, especially the Trufffle honey salad and the olive oil gelato. You will not be disappoint. One thing to note is it can get loud. Unfortunately the walls don't absorb the noise and it is hard to hear the person next to you.Special Features:
- Good food- but seating policy sucksEVFoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014We usually order delivery from Otto, and love the food. But now, for the second time in a row, we had the unpleasant experience of being told that "our policy" is not to seat incomplete parties. This, on a Tuesday night at 5:15, when the restaurant was empty. And with my partner using a cane to get around. FAR FROM HOSPITABLE. Mario Batali should know better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sosoDined on 9/21/2014Restaurant was very noisy. Several dishes were not good while others were wonderful.
- except forcjr2VIPDined on 9/21/2014the food and price point are pretty special, but two of us arrived and the restaurant was empty at 5:30 on a sunday but they refused to seat us until the third person who was stuck in traffic arrived. We were instructed to wait at the bar of course and pay for drinks separately from our dinner. most annoying to mature individuals....Special Features:
- Good standby, been around a whileOut2dinnerDined on 9/20/2014I've eaten here many times and always go back. This last time wasn't as good as past experiences, though. Our pizza was a bit disappointing, with hardly any cheese and mostly plain sauce despite the expectation of fresh mozzarella. Dessert of olive oil gelato and other starters were just as delicious as always. Waiter really knew the menu in and out. I remembered how loud it was, though, so we were practically yelling at each other across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNYCMamaDined on 9/20/2014I took two friends to Otto to celebrate a 31st birthday. I'd eaten at the bar previously and enjoyed the experience. However, the back portion of the restaurant has a completely different look and feel - I felt like we were at Olive Garden. The server wouldn't let us order our appetizer first...she said the entire meal must be ordered at once. I requested balsamic vinegar with the bread and was told they didn't have any...at an Italian restaurant? When I asked the server to check with the chef, I was informed that the special balsamic was for the kitchen's use only. She brought me red wine vinegar... I would go back and sit in the bar area but never in the restaurant portion unless you want the experience of a suburban chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Loud and Frenzied, but Worth ItJRL212VIPDined on 9/19/2014Been coming regularly since the week Otto opened. We love it for its consistent food and generous wines by the glass. Hate it for making us stand up if we want to drink in the bar area, and love it again for the gracious staff and service. Everything is good here, as one would expect and its consistency over the years is one of its biggest assets. It would seem, however, that it might be wise for the restaurant to find that fine line between ear-drum bleeding noise and energetic atmosphere. It has gotten so bad that we just don't bring friends to the restaurant during busy hours anymore. Past that - come for the food and the frivolity - it's fun, festive and delicious. Just plan to deal with a little ear ringing for a few days afterward.Special Features:
- Great place - great wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We had been recommended to come here and so booked a table - about a week in advance for a Sat night. The place was very busy and had a great atmosphere. We were greeted by the sommelier to help us with the all italian wine list. The menu is simple with some great choices. We had 3 appetizers including the pretty amazing eggplant and the pizzas are individual but a perfect size. Would recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Nice bar, good cocktails, service at bar and service during seating was impeccable. Dining experience/food mostly did not meet expectations--pasta wasn't cooked properly (too al dente), pizza was so-so. salads/dessert was good. also, bread & grissini was served wrapped up, no butter or olive oil, which seemed odd.Special Features:
- DinaGeorgiaDined on 9/18/2014Great food and excellent service! The pasta was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant. Salads were delicious and the pasta dishes were excellent. Service was very good. Extensive Italian wine list. The waiter was very helpful in choosing a wine.Special Features:
- nice experiencehappytummyVIPDined on 9/17/2014great concept - small plates italian... finally none of those huge family style portions. good food, affordable. very extensive wine list. service was pleasant as well.Special Features:
- good, but--dathilachaDined on 9/17/2014quality of food overall very good--high-quality ingredients and preparation. pizza not my favorite but am sure some people will love it. VERY noisy and busy--you feel like you're eating in a college cafeteria, or maybe in the hallway on the way into a college cafeteria, have to shout to have a conversation. (and everyone else has to shout too, a vicious circle.) on the other hand, good food--refined and homey at the same time, and well priced for what it is--and a surprisingly long and interesting-looking wine list. would go back.Special Features:
- Bad food, bad plating, noisy...OrlyitaDined on 9/14/2014It was a realy bad experience, the food was bad, the plating very bad. Not a Mario Batalli restaurant at all...Special Features:
- Very poor servicegleaDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter was not friendly, he took our order and we never saw him again, until it was time for the bill. I asked for a soda (from the bus boy), because I could not find our waiter, the soda never came. Our food was brought to us by runners, and our waiter never checked back to see how our food was, or if we needed anything. It's to bad because the food was very good, especially the appetizer's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for everything but the pizzaJayLinnVIPDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our side dishes much more than the actual pizzas, specifically the spinach salad, the escarole salad and the cheese platter (with accompanying truffle honey - yum!). They were all amazing and I would come back just for that and the margherita pizza! The place was very loud, even past midnight, so I would not recommend it for a date or any time you'd like to actually hear your date speak.Special Features:
- Agree with YelpNapaVisitorDined on 9/12/2014Straight to the point - I really liked the atmosphere, but it was so loud in the restaurant that it was hard to hear what anyone was saying. The food came out in a timely manner. I specifically chose the restaurant because the Carbonara had good reviews, but I was a little disappointed. The portion was smaller than I imagined and it was a little too salty. The pizza wasn't bad. I would probably try other italian restaurants before coming back again.Special Features:
- Great place but very noisy!JPaulDined on 9/10/2014The food is delicious, the wines exceptional but the only person you can hear is the one right next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!David91vDined on 9/10/2014Wonderful restaurant! Definitely a bit too loud but the service and workers are very pleasant. Food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and locationohiogirlDined on 9/7/2014The watermelon and cucumber salad was superb. We had pasta with lamb Bolognese and a pizza both were very good. Extensive wine list, decent dessert menu. It's a little loud and tables are very close but the quality of the food made up for that. Good location just off Washington Square. We had a 10:00 reservation but arrived a little early and were immediately seated. It was pretty busy for a Sunday night at that hour. Service was fine, nothing spectacular. We were a party of two, there were several bigger parties getting more attention.Special Features:
- OverratedChrisNYCDined on 9/5/2014For a restaurant that has an Iron Chef attached to it's fame, you'd think the pizza's would be out of this world good, making me want to return over and over again. Well I wont ever be returning here. You could get better pizza anywhere else. The tomato sauce they use tastes just like a certain cheap, popular, tomato sauce one gets at the supermarket. The Margherita is my favorite pizza of all time, but this restaurant ruined that experience. Save your money and go elsewhere, like your local pizzeria around the corner from your place. It'll be betterSpecial Features:
- Excellent, as always....HelgaDined on 9/4/2014Love this place and go often. Sometimes alone, where Dennis, the bartender has a friendly word, often with friends who like good food. Do wish it was a tad quieter on those occasions because good conversation can enhance good food.Special Features:
- Very Disappointing FoodCharVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was so disappointing that I cannot recommend it. Pasta overlooked cool on outside warm on inside suggesting it was microwaved. Partner's "fresh" ravioli was anything but. "Quartino" of wine equalling one glass was $18!
- Food wasn't greatMikethewilliamsDined on 9/2/2014I had a pizza which was a little overcooked and the meatballs dry. I was disappointed.
- Very good restaurantCooperDined on 8/31/2014Excellent pizza, good wine list. Nice and clean. Had great timeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The service is very rapid.. We would like to have more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Afternoon LunchigmoDined on 8/31/2014First time in NYC, was told this was a gem and while the food would be high end, but the price would not. We were not led astray. The biggest surprise and pleasure was the watermelon and cucumber salad that my wife had, she still raves about it.Special Features:
- Competent and simpleFooderVIPDined on 8/31/2014A competent although simple Italian restaurant. Good for groups and couples with children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too rushedDinerDined on 8/30/2014This dining experience was in need of improvement. Service felt rushed. Felt as though we were bothering the server when asking questions. Food fair.
- Ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We went here for a birthday dinner. The waitress did not provide a good service. They would not let you order appetizers before you ordered your entrée - this made us feel rushed. The sommelier was very accommodating and gave good suggestions. The food was pretty good with a decent selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new GO TO place in NYCTJBrandisDined on 8/28/2014This is our 3rd visit to Otto's and every time it gets better. The wine list is awesome and fairly priced. The food is outstanding. I highly recommend trying this place.Special Features:
- RyanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Batali should visit the place and be embarrassed. I normally don't write reviews for Opentable but I used to love this place. The quality has so gone downhill, and big time. The pasta was bad but the pizza was worse. Tasteless cardboard. I used to love Batali but he needs to either fix this place or close it down. It's really bad food. NYU is next door so he may survive a couple more years but he should be embarrassed with the product it turns out on a daily basis and do something about it. C'mon man.
- Fabulous food--insane noise levelJacKEDined on 8/26/2014I love the food here. We came with family friends, each of us with two twenty-something children. We ordered a lot, shared everything, polished it all off in record time. Every single item we ordered was delicious! I think this may be my favorite restaurant. BUT! we were seated at a round table, at the back of the restaurant, which I had been told was quieter. But it was really quite noisy. There were times I couldn't taste my food, the noise was so loud. But I was determined to stay and enjoy our evening together. Really I love this place. Everything about it. But the noise.Special Features: