Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
1 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ottopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 2129959559x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mario Batali
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Have Otto cater your next office party or home event! Our selections of marinated vegetables, house-cured meats, imported cheeses, pizza, pasta, and gelati are sure to please a wide range of palates. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: OTTO offers many options for your party including wine tastings and group dining. Bring a few of your friends to taste six wines with one of our sommeliers or invite twelve or more to sample the rich Italian menu of antipasti, pizza, and gelati with unlimited wine and beer. Contact AnnaMarie Vukmanovich to help guide you through whatever your party interests may be.
- Private Party Contact: AnnaMarie Vukmanovich 2129959559x101
- Special Events: OTTO hosts wine classes every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm in the enoteca, our standing bar tables in the front of the restaurant. Classes are led by one of our very knowledgeable and enthusiastic wine team members.
A word from Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
Modeled after an Italian train station, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich's OTTO is located on 8th Street, in the historic One Fifth Avenue building. Serving classic Italian pizzas and pastas, a large selection of house-cured meats, Italian and local cheeses, Artisanal Gelato, and boasting a 750+ all-Italian wine list, OTTO has become a destination for New York diners as well as a neighborhood hot spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
333 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (182)fit for foodies (165)good for groups (159)neighborhood gem (122)hot spot (98)vibrant bar scene (94)great for lunch (85)kid-friendly (78)special occasion (57)late-night find (41)romantic (33)great for brunch (13)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Love ottoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/19/2014Otto is our fav neighborhood spot. We brought our 5 week old here for his first NYC restaurant. Great for kids. My 2 year old loves the wiki sticksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Really GoodTWolfeDined on 10/14/2014I love the pizza selections and the salads (sunchoke and escarole - yum). The gelato is sublime. Convenient location near NYU/Washington Square Park and plenty of tables make this a perfect spot.Special Features:
- Mario Batali's PizzeriafoodfoodfoodDined on 10/13/2014Mario Batali's Pizzeria did not disappoint as both our salads and our pizzas were made correctly and tasted great. On top of that, great service during a busy lunch rush.Special Features:
- DisappointedLuisa555Dined on 10/11/2014Didn't mind the noise or crowd.Saturday night. The food was terrible. Really sad.
- A sure thingAsurebetDined on 10/11/2014This was my 4th time at Otto. Each experience (romantic lunch, family reunion, girls night, couples dinner) was equally wonderful. The food, wine, service and atmosphere are why I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Otto Never DisappointsMichaelVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Otto many, many times and I keep coming back, because it's always a great experience. During the day (Saturday afternoon) it's a reliable go-to for people who want good food and have kids; in the evening the bar gets hopping as a good place to meet up with someone. The menu is simple and direct - this is Otto's secret weapon. Couple this with an extensive and thoughtfully-chosen wine list, and it's a winner every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014The caprese salad salad was drowning in oil and, while there was a beautiful array of heirloom tomatoes, many were mealy and unappetizing. Perhaps my fault for ordering in October? Margherita pizza was quite good - crisp, rich sauce, kissed with basil. The service was outstanding.
- Always delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014Always go here as a reliable lunch spot to meet clients. Reasonably priced, and pizzas are unique and tasty!Special Features:
- Always greatbassish101VIPDined on 10/7/2014Great pizza, great pastas, and great wines. The Taccozzette Con Stracotto paired with the Rosso di Montalcino on the quartino list was outstanding. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was too saltyTBO21VIPDined on 10/6/2014Delicious but way too salty, to the point where I had to scrape off some sauce and pork from the carbonara, and my friend couldn't finish her arugula and prosciutto pizza and had to leave a little bit of each behind. Service was efficient enough, though our waiter offered us the dessert menu when we had only just finished off our bread.Special Features:
- great food, great priceannjDined on 10/5/2014Nothing beats otto's when you're looking for a place with delicious food that doesn't break the bank. From appetizers to desserts, everything is done right here. What's even better is the check you get at the end with a affordable price. Highly recommend reservations though.Special Features:
- FergieDined on 10/5/2014Everything was good, except my daughter asked for an extra on her pizza and was told they could accomodate any extra cheese! Wierd , huhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingBourbon92VIPDined on 10/5/2014We eat at Otto several times a season, but our most recent experience was a departure from the usual consistent excellent. Service was unusually unresponsive and terribly slow: between our appetizers and our entrees, 50 minutes elapsed, and we had to ask three different servers to check on the order. My cocktail arrived 20 minutes after I placed the order for it. It was good, but the oddly timed arrivals of everything made for a strange evening. Usually Otto is bustling, but it was not as crowded as usual, so we could not blame an overwhelmed kitchen or staff, just an inefficient one. The appetizers, especially the verdure, were inedible. The broccoli with pecorino was laden with jalapeño and the broccoli itself was endlessly chewy.Special Features:
- Disappointing Service, Good FoodfleurdeselVIPDined on 10/5/2014My boyfriend and I had high expectations for our experience here because we've had such amazing dinners and service at other Batali & Bastianich restaurants. Our sommelier didn't have us try our wine before leaving the table, our waiter checked in on us once during our entire meal, and the busboy swept the crumbs onto my boyfriend's lap. We received the bill before we finished our gelato and cappuccinos and the restaurant was no where near full at 5:45pm on a Sunday. The entire meal was rushed and it was very unenjoyable. Our waiter never stopped by to thank us or say good night. We were very disappointed in the service as we know this is not the standard of the Batali & Bastianich group restaurants and we will not be returning to Otto.Special Features:
- slippery slopeLoveItalianGDined on 10/4/2014I have been going to Otto for close to 9 years. I always loved the simpleness yet the great food that comes out of the kitchen. On this last Saturday, not so much. Most of the pasta dishes were very salty (and I like my salt). The Pizzas were so so, while nothing wrong, they were bland. Its just wasnt as good as it used to be. Service was great as always.Special Features:
- Great food but pathetic serviceHannibalDined on 10/2/2014Very noisy, interesting menu, great food and execution, absolutely horrendous service.Special Features:
- atmosphere was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014From the moment we walked in we were rushed through the evening having a 3 course meal and a bottle of wine in under an hour. The bill arrived with our wine glasses still half full, and we had to ask for them to take the bill back and bring us coffee. Very rushed. Also, the noise level ruined the atmosphere. We couldn't hear each other. However, the food was good. We had the olives and caprese salad to start, and entrees were ravioli and garlic, olive oil, and chili pizza. Dessert was the panna cotta. All was delicious. Overall, if you want the experience of going to Mario Batali's restaurant you will likely enjoy Otto, but if you are looking for a romantic or relaxed dinner spot, this is not it.
- Not worth the celebrity hypeLauraCDined on 10/2/2014Adding Mario Batali's and Joe Bastianich's names to this celebrity haunt is pointless. The food was not good. Pizza had a terrible, unrisen crust. Pasta was so poorly presented - almost dumped onto the plate; no garnish at all. Disappointed.Special Features:
- OutstandingOldHickoryDined on 10/2/2014Went with a reservation for a quick and light pre-show dinner. Seated promptly, in the quieter back room. (Up front is pretty loud, like most NYC gathering spots) Shared a small pizza and white beans side dish. I'm not great at describing flavors, so let's just say that the pizza (Quattro Stagioni - tomato, mozzarella, mushrooms, peppers, swiss chard, cotto) was wonderful. Great wine selection. Moderate prices. Service was so prompt -- and prices so moderate -- we shared a dessert. Pre-tip tab under $70. Of course, if you're not eating light, you're going to spend more. Well worth it. Definitely going back -- when we have time for a couple more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MSalDined on 9/28/2014I loved the food here. Very fresh tasting. I would have given this restaurant five stars, but I was a little disappointed that for their awesomely enormous wine list, the cheapest red is $38/btl. And it goes all the way up to over $1000. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm going to drop $100/btl on wine, I'm not going to a place that I can order pasta for $11. And vice-versa. Not expecting $15 bottles, but $25 would be more reasonable for food at this spending point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Bene!jodiDined on 9/27/2014Everything is good. Just go and eat. Wines selection is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good optionbd1976Dined on 9/27/2014Great for tourists and minor league foodies. Comfortable, casual, but still nice enough to feel like you've put some thought into it. The quality of the food is always very good—rarely exceptional, but great for a nice meal. Also, the prices are very reasonable considering the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, As AlwaysHappyEaterDined on 9/27/2014We've been going to Otto for years, since it opened and it has always been great. We went this time with our 8 y.o. daughter and we all really enjoyed our meals and the experience (great service all around.) Otto consistently delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great valueTantanbourineDined on 9/26/2014It's hard to find a spot in manhattan where you get great service, excellent food, delicious wine and solid cocktails and walk out spending only $30 a head. It's almost too good to be true. 100% recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pizza and serviceohreallysidDined on 9/25/2014Great experience here, first time for me, second for my friends. Pizzas were gorgeous, simple, well-balanced, great crust. We got a trio of olives as well and each were in really flavorful oils that we sopped up with the delish bread. Got some veggie sides which were also perfectly cooked, simple, and great. We had 4 pizzas for 3 (very hungry) foodies and shared; the Cacio e Pepe tasted like classic comfort food, like a dish of pasta with butter and cheese and black pepper, but somehow on a pizza; it is amazing with a little crushed red pepper and although possibly the simplest, it stole the show! GREAT service, beautiful food, handled food allergies PERFECTLY. Very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOve OttoEaterVIPDined on 9/24/2014Pane Frattau Pizza is the best. Awesome wines, great service, unbelievably consistent!Special Features:
- Amazing food but loudHidesVIPDined on 9/23/2014This place is my favorite go to spot. Everyone I bring loves it, especially the Trufffle honey salad and the olive oil gelato. You will not be disappoint. One thing to note is it can get loud. Unfortunately the walls don't absorb the noise and it is hard to hear the person next to you.Special Features:
- Good food- but seating policy sucksEVFoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014We usually order delivery from Otto, and love the food. But now, for the second time in a row, we had the unpleasant experience of being told that "our policy" is not to seat incomplete parties. This, on a Tuesday night at 5:15, when the restaurant was empty. And with my partner using a cane to get around. FAR FROM HOSPITABLE. Mario Batali should know better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sosoDined on 9/21/2014Restaurant was very noisy. Several dishes were not good while others were wonderful.
- except forcjr2VIPDined on 9/21/2014the food and price point are pretty special, but two of us arrived and the restaurant was empty at 5:30 on a sunday but they refused to seat us until the third person who was stuck in traffic arrived. We were instructed to wait at the bar of course and pay for drinks separately from our dinner. most annoying to mature individuals....Special Features:
- Good standby, been around a whileOut2dinnerDined on 9/20/2014I've eaten here many times and always go back. This last time wasn't as good as past experiences, though. Our pizza was a bit disappointing, with hardly any cheese and mostly plain sauce despite the expectation of fresh mozzarella. Dessert of olive oil gelato and other starters were just as delicious as always. Waiter really knew the menu in and out. I remembered how loud it was, though, so we were practically yelling at each other across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNYCMamaDined on 9/20/2014I took two friends to Otto to celebrate a 31st birthday. I'd eaten at the bar previously and enjoyed the experience. However, the back portion of the restaurant has a completely different look and feel - I felt like we were at Olive Garden. The server wouldn't let us order our appetizer first...she said the entire meal must be ordered at once. I requested balsamic vinegar with the bread and was told they didn't have any...at an Italian restaurant? When I asked the server to check with the chef, I was informed that the special balsamic was for the kitchen's use only. She brought me red wine vinegar... I would go back and sit in the bar area but never in the restaurant portion unless you want the experience of a suburban chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Loud and Frenzied, but Worth ItJRL212VIPDined on 9/19/2014Been coming regularly since the week Otto opened. We love it for its consistent food and generous wines by the glass. Hate it for making us stand up if we want to drink in the bar area, and love it again for the gracious staff and service. Everything is good here, as one would expect and its consistency over the years is one of its biggest assets. It would seem, however, that it might be wise for the restaurant to find that fine line between ear-drum bleeding noise and energetic atmosphere. It has gotten so bad that we just don't bring friends to the restaurant during busy hours anymore. Past that - come for the food and the frivolity - it's fun, festive and delicious. Just plan to deal with a little ear ringing for a few days afterward.Special Features:
- Great place - great wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We had been recommended to come here and so booked a table - about a week in advance for a Sat night. The place was very busy and had a great atmosphere. We were greeted by the sommelier to help us with the all italian wine list. The menu is simple with some great choices. We had 3 appetizers including the pretty amazing eggplant and the pizzas are individual but a perfect size. Would recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Nice bar, good cocktails, service at bar and service during seating was impeccable. Dining experience/food mostly did not meet expectations--pasta wasn't cooked properly (too al dente), pizza was so-so. salads/dessert was good. also, bread & grissini was served wrapped up, no butter or olive oil, which seemed odd.Special Features:
- DinaGeorgiaDined on 9/18/2014Great food and excellent service! The pasta was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant. Salads were delicious and the pasta dishes were excellent. Service was very good. Extensive Italian wine list. The waiter was very helpful in choosing a wine.Special Features:
- nice experiencehappytummyVIPDined on 9/17/2014great concept - small plates italian... finally none of those huge family style portions. good food, affordable. very extensive wine list. service was pleasant as well.Special Features:
- good, but--dathilachaVIPDined on 9/17/2014quality of food overall very good--high-quality ingredients and preparation. pizza not my favorite but am sure some people will love it. VERY noisy and busy--you feel like you're eating in a college cafeteria, or maybe in the hallway on the way into a college cafeteria, have to shout to have a conversation. (and everyone else has to shout too, a vicious circle.) on the other hand, good food--refined and homey at the same time, and well priced for what it is--and a surprisingly long and interesting-looking wine list. would go back.Special Features:
- Bad food, bad plating, noisy...OrlyitaDined on 9/14/2014It was a realy bad experience, the food was bad, the plating very bad. Not a Mario Batalli restaurant at all...Special Features: