Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
1 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ottopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 2129959559x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mario Batali
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Have Otto cater your next office party or home event! Our selections of marinated vegetables, house-cured meats, imported cheeses, pizza, pasta, and gelati are sure to please a wide range of palates. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: OTTO offers many options for your party including wine tastings and group dining. Bring a few of your friends to taste six wines with one of our sommeliers or invite twelve or more to sample the rich Italian menu of antipasti, pizza, and gelati with unlimited wine and beer. Contact AnnaMarie Vukmanovich to help guide you through whatever your party interests may be.
- Private Party Contact: AnnaMarie Vukmanovich 2129959559x101
- Special Events: OTTO hosts wine classes every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm in the enoteca, our standing bar tables in the front of the restaurant. Classes are led by one of our very knowledgeable and enthusiastic wine team members.
A word from Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
Modeled after an Italian train station, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich's OTTO is located on 8th Street, in the historic One Fifth Avenue building. Serving classic Italian pizzas and pastas, a large selection of house-cured meats, Italian and local cheeses, Artisanal Gelato, and boasting a 750+ all-Italian wine list, OTTO has become a destination for New York diners as well as a neighborhood hot spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
342 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (192)good for groups (164)fit for foodies (150)neighborhood gem (128)great for lunch (103)kid-friendly (90)vibrant bar scene (80)hot spot (73)special occasion (61)late-night find (37)romantic (35)great for brunch (20)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The service is very rapid.. We would like to have more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Competent and simpleFooderVIPDined on 8/31/2014A competent although simple Italian restaurant. Good for groups and couples with children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014This dining experience was in need of improvement. Service felt rushed. Felt as though we were bothering the server when asking questions. Food fair.
- Ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We went here for a birthday dinner. The waitress did not provide a good service. They would not let you order appetizers before you ordered your entrée - this made us feel rushed. The sommelier was very accommodating and gave good suggestions. The food was pretty good with a decent selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new GO TO place in NYCTJBrandisDined on 8/28/2014This is our 3rd visit to Otto's and every time it gets better. The wine list is awesome and fairly priced. The food is outstanding. I highly recommend trying this place.Special Features:
- RyanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Batali should visit the place and be embarrassed. I normally don't write reviews for Opentable but I used to love this place. The quality has so gone downhill, and big time. The pasta was bad but the pizza was worse. Tasteless cardboard. I used to love Batali but he needs to either fix this place or close it down. It's really bad food. NYU is next door so he may survive a couple more years but he should be embarrassed with the product it turns out on a daily basis and do something about it. C'mon man.
- Fabulous food--insane noise levelJacKEDined on 8/26/2014I love the food here. We came with family friends, each of us with two twenty-something children. We ordered a lot, shared everything, polished it all off in record time. Every single item we ordered was delicious! I think this may be my favorite restaurant. BUT! we were seated at a round table, at the back of the restaurant, which I had been told was quieter. But it was really quite noisy. There were times I couldn't taste my food, the noise was so loud. But I was determined to stay and enjoy our evening together. Really I love this place. Everything about it. But the noise.Special Features:
- Still Good..IngatDined on 8/26/2014My 4 year old daughter loves coming to OTTO. It's kid friendly and the staff is very nice. Of course the Pizza is still amazing..Special Features:
- Over-seasoned?orgieDined on 8/25/2014Pretty much everything we ordered, with the exception of the desert, was very salty, to all of us. Having said that, the eggplant bruschetta and cauliflower alla sicilliana were delicious (even if they were salty). However, my carbonara was almost inedible and there were so many truffle shavings on my friends pasta special that the flavor was overwhelming. How often can you say that about truffles? With respect to the salt and truffles, I would say 'less is more'.Special Features:
- Great NightmisheleDined on 8/23/2014Otto is one of my favorites so naturally it's where I took my family and friends this year for my birthday. They were great with accommodating my last minute changes to my reservation. They made my birthday night absolutely perfect. My family and friends cannot stop raving about how great everything was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Well DoneJP24Dined on 8/23/2014The food and service were both excellent. We were seated quickly even though we were early for our reservation, and a staff member came by to recommend a very good wine for dinner. All of the items we ordered were very tasty and the staff was very attentive and made sure everything was to our liking. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but too much noisebibboDined on 8/20/2014Fine restaurant and Good Food but noise was terrible ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!mercenycDined on 8/18/2014The food here is simply amazing. I really enjoyed the summer truffle linguini. Every pasta dish that I tasted was delicious as well as the pizza. I also have to mention their outstanding salads. The wine selection is bigger than the menu (which I very much appreciate) and the three wines we had were outstanding! Also, the prices are very reasonable! Regarding the atmosphere, I love the entryway where you wait to get your table and the train board system they use. The waitstaff were great and had wonderful recommendations for wine/food pairings. The only caveat is that it is a very loud restaurant - but it's part of the atmosphere! Overall, it is a truly fun and delicious experience! I will be back here as soon as possible!Special Features:
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014I've eaten at Otto probably upwards to 20-25 times. This time I was sadly very rushed. Met up with a friend on a Monday night at 6:30. I usually love Otto but it is very hard to enjoy yourself when servers are constantly trying to take away plates (that still have food on them). \ Food is solid and is affordable, but still, can't you just sometimes have food and conversation in peace?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian americanfoodloverVIPDined on 8/17/2014Not authentic italian, but its ok food and good pricing!
- OverratedEaternyDined on 8/16/2014Food and service was lousy. The restaurant is very loud, making it impossible to hold a conversation.Special Features:
- DisappointingBunnyDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is very attractive, the seating is comfortable, the service was good, the Cauliflower and Caprese appetizers were very good . The Pizza was awful. The Spaghetti a la Norma was reportedly just OK; I did not taste it, but my friend was not enthused. The bread was good. Maybe it's a good place to go for a glass of wine and some appetizers. Extremely disappointing.
- always a great mealpachiorelleDined on 8/15/2014Otto has become a favorite of ours - the food is always great, and its one of the few places you can find a great tasting bowl of pasta for a reasonable price. The gelato is also a favorite here (the olive oil flavor is definitely one of a kind!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in a noisy scenevirginiavisitorDined on 8/13/2014The food was good but most of the pastas are not made fresh. The extensive wine list is impressive but 85% of the bottles have 3 digit prices. Service is very good. The place is terrifically popular so you must have a reservation and even then you will wait a bit. If you choose csarefully, you can have an excellent wine and a delicious dinner.Special Features:
- Will return soonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Top notch pasta and pizza joint with well trained staff and nice decor. Pasta dishes were modest in price about $15 and correspondingly served as small portions. Pasta was perfect el dente. You need to order appetizers or you will go home hungry. Still. we were very happy customers.Special Features:
- UncleBVIPDined on 8/12/2014It was ok.. Place feels like a chain and if you order right away they can feed you 3 courses in 35 minutes.. Total operation going on.. Disappointing part was food was just ok.. Pizza OK, pasta Ok, bread ok... Cheeseboard was excellent but was obviously cheese made elsewhere. Good for fast meal, people w kids who need space, or people who like upscale chains. Wine list is also pretty comprehensive. Seems to outpace the quality of food.Special Features:
- Watch where you seat peopleTooManyKidsDined on 8/11/2014I'm always amused that a restaurant host chooses to sit a couple between two tables with children. When asked to move they than picked a table stuffed next to a server station. The third time was the charm. A nice table away from children, and quiet enough in a very noisy place, to have a conversation. The food was good, service was pleasant. But there are too many tables in this place and too many children. While I'm not against them, it just would be nice for a host to understand that two people may want a different experience than the families in the back of the restaurant.Special Features:
- It must be august...just okAtillaDined on 8/10/2014A return visit after a several year absence was not a great dining experience. The chefs 'interpretation' of classic pastas was both disappointing and unsuccessful...something a modest trattoria in italy would have apologized for or, more likely, not have served. The wine list, like others in the chain, is extensive but aggressively priced. The service was mechanical, but efficient. To put this in context, the prior evening at casa mono the imagination and effort was very high in terms of both the food and the service.
- Outstanding!LeeDeeDined on 8/10/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. My daughter is a vegetarian with a nut allergy. The selection of vegetarian dishes was by far the best we have ever seen at a restaurant. She was so very happy to have many, many choices. What a treat. The wine list was HUGE. The menu varied and everything sounded delicious. When I made the reservation I listed in the notes about the nut allergy. When the waiter first came over to say hello and take our drink order, he mentioned right away that he was aware of the allergy and told us about a few dishes that included nuts. So, that was awesome! We had a mushroom appetizer and spinach salad with truffle honey- fantastic! Then we had pizza with swiss chard and goat cheese- Yum! Go nowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Otto RocksfoodiefromTODined on 8/8/2014Finally got to this restaurant in 1 of my annual visits to NYC. Arrived & given a "train ticket" to an Italian city so we can wait by the bar as our table wasn't just ready. Love this as you wait & look at a mini sign board that "announces" your train has arrived so you know your table is ready. As for dining experience & ambience, I saw groups of people, couples & families. Rocked to the music playing-top 40 from predominantly in the 90's. The Chopped Salad was personally 1 of 2 fave salads I had during this trip & I had a special pizza not in the regular menu that had mozzarella cheese, shaved summer truffles & a sunny side egg. This "funghi" was beautiful to smell & taste. Tried my wife's sorbetto-olive oil one is an acquired taste.Special Features:
- Here is the thingJeremyVIPDined on 8/8/2014I love this place. It really is one of my favorites. On more than one occasion I have been sat in a small two top next to another two top that is so close together I can hardly talk to the person that I am with - I'm all for that when it is rush hour or a busy shift but when I see loads of tables open from the moment I get there to the moment I leave it upsets me. I've only asked to be moved once because I don't like doing that and I know part of it is to give the section's server more tables but they really need to figure out their seating better if they want me to keep coming. Food was AMAZING as always as was the service. Too bad I couldn't enjoy my company.
- Memorable Birthday DinnerBabsbunny77VIPDined on 8/7/2014The food here is always great and super affordable. We had 2 pizzas and a cheese plate. The staff here was wonderful for it was a birthday celebration. They even put his last name on the board so that he could take a pic. Really fun night! Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- Not as great as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We found the pizza average and the staff arrogant. Disappointing.
- Was expecting moreMarieMitchDined on 8/3/2014We had a reservation but we still wait 30 minutes to get our table. The persons at the reception desk weren't really friendly. I ordered pasta, they were okay for the price but the portion was really small. The pizza looked delicious tough (wish I had ordered one instead). We had so many people coming at our table, we didn't know who was our waiter so we just picked anyone who was near our table. Maybe because it is one of Mario Batali restaurant I was expecting more because of is reputation but I'm disapointed, will not go back.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchSJTGDined on 8/3/2014Food is always good and so is service. It would have been nice if they did something for a a birthday celebration other than putting a candle in the desert you order. A piece of cake or ice cream for the person having the birthday would have been nice. Other than that, this restaurant is one that we will keep coming back to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must to eat spot!TOfoodieDined on 7/31/2014Every time I'm in New York I have to eat here ! Never disappointed ...the pastas, pizzas desserts and of course the wines ! Yummy! Craving the pizza just writing about it! You gotta eat here!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special attention!NYCGirlVIPDined on 7/31/2014No matter how busy Otto is, the service and food are amazing. Our server helped pick a new wine and even brought out the bottle at the end of the meal so i could take a picture of the label! When one of the floor people walked over to ask about dessert, i said i never leave without having the olive oil/dark chocolate combination of gelato. Next thing you know, here comes a serving of sweet corn gelato to taste! He said "you can have olive oil and dark chocolate all the time. Try the sweet corn since it is only here for a short time". It was delicious! Their attention to diners combined with their staple foods, seasonal choices and knowledgeable staff makes Otto a great choice every single time! Cannot wait for peas to be back on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud but goodETKAVIPDined on 7/30/2014Quick, simple and pretty good. Affable staff--good for quick meals. Some things much better than others.Special Features:
- Great food, maybe too kid friendly?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014I really like the food here and the service is always great. This was my first time for dinner and I was surprised how much it felt like a suburban chain restaurant. Kids everywhere!
- DisappointmentDinnerTimeDined on 7/28/2014I know the restaurant is highly rated but it really missed the mark when I was there 2 nights ago. We saw our server at the beginning and then had to flag someone down the entire rest of the night: more drinks, more wine, more anything. Food was good, not exceptional though and definitely not better than what NYC has to offer. It was also a birthday and even though it was mentioned via Opentable and throughout the night, it was never acknowledged that evening.
- Great food! Great wine!GBMillValleyDined on 7/27/2014We really enjoyed our meal. We started with a selection of the vegetable antipasti - all were delicious, but the green beans were amazing. The pasta w/braised pork shoulder, tomato and basil was incredible, as was the white Pizza special with summer truffles and an egg on top. The sommelier did a great job helping us select from the extensive Italian wine list.Special Features:
- Not our best experiencepattuscoDined on 7/27/2014Otto has been one of our favorite go-to places for years when it comes to a special occasion dinner, however, this most recent time there was very disappointing. Overall, the restaurant was very loud, including the thumping music which I don't recall being so apparent in the back dining area. Our table for 7 was squeezed into a corner that didn't leave much room for people against the wall to slide into their seats. Also, it took awhile for our server to initially greet us which was really surprising because the waitstaff has always been very attentive in the past. My husband was also slightly disappointed in his food - he always gets the pepperoni pizza and he said this time a different kind of pepperoni was used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding food, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014The food is consistently outstanding, service not so much. This past visit service at horrible. To start the server told us we could not place a appetizer order until we selected our entire meal. With the bread no plates or olive oil offered, no cracked pepper for the salads, and no cheese was offered for the pastas. We had to ask to get drink refills 3 times. Servers and possible a manager were gathered around the wine table in the middle of the restaurant tasting wines and joking. Great if everyone is taken care of, not so much if you are looking for basic needs to be filled. The table was a mess debris from sugar and bread service were not cleared until dessert. Very disappointing to have such great food and such lousy service.Special Features:
- OttoloveDined on 7/26/2014This is the second time we have taken my kids and they even love it. The food and service are great and the prices are reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My personal NYC favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/25/2014Otto never ever disappoints. It remains, years later, my personal all time favorite NYC restaurant. It is phenomenal food, wine, ambiance and awesome service. Somehow it manages to both be trendy and amazing while still being kid friendly. I go to it toe every chance I get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.