Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
1 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ottopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 2129959559x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mario Batali
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Have Otto cater your next office party or home event! Our selections of marinated vegetables, house-cured meats, imported cheeses, pizza, pasta, and gelati are sure to please a wide range of palates. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: OTTO offers many options for your party including wine tastings and group dining. Bring a few of your friends to taste six wines with one of our sommeliers or invite twelve or more to sample the rich Italian menu of antipasti, pizza, and gelati with unlimited wine and beer. Contact AnnaMarie Vukmanovich to help guide you through whatever your party interests may be.
- Private Party Contact: AnnaMarie Vukmanovich 2129959559x101
- Special Events: OTTO hosts wine classes every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm in the enoteca, our standing bar tables in the front of the restaurant. Classes are led by one of our very knowledgeable and enthusiastic wine team members.
A word from Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
Modeled after an Italian train station, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich's OTTO is located on 8th Street, in the historic One Fifth Avenue building. Serving classic Italian pizzas and pastas, a large selection of house-cured meats, Italian and local cheeses, Artisanal Gelato, and boasting a 750+ all-Italian wine list, OTTO has become a destination for New York diners as well as a neighborhood hot spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
335 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (182)fit for foodies (175)good for groups (157)neighborhood gem (123)hot spot (100)vibrant bar scene (97)great for lunch (87)kid-friendly (77)special occasion (56)late-night find (40)romantic (31)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always A FavoriteayTumbleweedDined on 10/28/2014Otto is always a favorite when we visit New York. Simple yet interesting menu, reasonable prices, out of this world wine list. Service always personal and expeditious. Noise level is deafening, but gives it a special energy.Special Features:
- Great Food and noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I went to Otto the other night with a couple friends to celebrate my birthday. The food and service was great. We ended up ordering a couple dishes and splitting between the four of us which worked out well. My only complaint about the restaurant was that they would not sit us until our entire party was there. One of my friends was running late from work, and they wouldn't sit us to start ordering drinks or anything else. Other then that, it was a great food, good price, and fun atmosphere. Oh and if you are a wineo then this is the place for your. There are more wines then food options ten times over.Special Features:
- Kit katKITKATVIPDined on 10/27/2014Balati's restaurant has really gone down hill. The sauce for Margerita pizza tasted as though it came out of a jar. Both pastas were over cooked. Waiting to be seated until all parties are present when there are 3 people for a table of 4 is off putting, as is the rule for all food being ordered at once, even appetizers or small plates doesn't say "good service" to me.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014good+ prob better pizza in NYC, but still very good nonetheless. highlights were the truffle honey (asked for this on the side, but it comes with cheese plate) and the wine recommended to us by a very friendly somm.
- Great Food, Not So Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/26/2014We had a pretty good sized group and had made reservations well in advance. When we all arrived, I informed the host, and he said we'd be seated momentarily. We closed out our bar tab and went to wait by the host stand. Ten minutes later, we were still standing there! There was no apology or explanation. We were finally seated and ordered a bottle of wine, but there was no wait staff to take our food orders. The wine came (thankfully) with bread but no olive oil. It was another 10-15 minutes (really!) before we flagged a waiter down to help us, after I complained to a manager. At that point things got better, but the great food was offset by our first half hour of being ignored. The food just isn't worth this kind of treatment, in my mind.Special Features:
- Mr,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We go here quite regularly - every time we visit the USA - which is once a year. in the Fall. Food is excellent; the breads are themselves superb. The olive oil they have is delectable. The main courses and the wines are really great. Otto perhaps has the biggest wine list in NYC !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Service was wonderful, however the Host and Hostess were completely pretentious, rude, and unhelpful. Not a way to be the first impression on the dining experience.Special Features:
- Not the hippest but DeliciousCJL78VIPDined on 10/24/2014Everything on the menu sounded delicious so the hardest challenge was deciding what to eat. Although I get the feeling it would be hard to go wrong. Our pizzas, pastas and vegetables were all fab. Everything we ended up ordering was fabulous. We were seated immediately upon arrival and the service was smooth throughout. Decor is a bit blah, which is the one disappointment.Special Features:
- As always--ses716VIPDined on 10/21/2014A fine lunch at Otto-- However, I will never agree with the B and B decision to put up those awful columns and breaking up what was one of the beautiful open light-filled spaces in lower ManhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ottoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/19/2014Otto is our fav neighborhood spot. We brought our 5 week old here for his first NYC restaurant. Great for kids. My 2 year old loves the wiki sticksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy for ComfortwellfedDined on 10/17/2014The food seemed adequate, the service less so. The noise level is intolerable, conversation impossible, shouting necessary.
- Always Really GoodTWolfeDined on 10/14/2014I love the pizza selections and the salads (sunchoke and escarole - yum). The gelato is sublime. Convenient location near NYU/Washington Square Park and plenty of tables make this a perfect spot.Special Features:
- Mario Batali's PizzeriafoodfoodfoodDined on 10/13/2014Mario Batali's Pizzeria did not disappoint as both our salads and our pizzas were made correctly and tasted great. On top of that, great service during a busy lunch rush.Special Features:
- DisappointedLuisa555Dined on 10/11/2014Didn't mind the noise or crowd.Saturday night. The food was terrible. Really sad.
- A sure thingAsurebetDined on 10/11/2014This was my 4th time at Otto. Each experience (romantic lunch, family reunion, girls night, couples dinner) was equally wonderful. The food, wine, service and atmosphere are why I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Otto Never DisappointsMichaelVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Otto many, many times and I keep coming back, because it's always a great experience. During the day (Saturday afternoon) it's a reliable go-to for people who want good food and have kids; in the evening the bar gets hopping as a good place to meet up with someone. The menu is simple and direct - this is Otto's secret weapon. Couple this with an extensive and thoughtfully-chosen wine list, and it's a winner every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014The caprese salad salad was drowning in oil and, while there was a beautiful array of heirloom tomatoes, many were mealy and unappetizing. Perhaps my fault for ordering in October? Margherita pizza was quite good - crisp, rich sauce, kissed with basil. The service was outstanding.
- Always delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014Always go here as a reliable lunch spot to meet clients. Reasonably priced, and pizzas are unique and tasty!Special Features:
- Always greatbassish101VIPDined on 10/7/2014Great pizza, great pastas, and great wines. The Taccozzette Con Stracotto paired with the Rosso di Montalcino on the quartino list was outstanding. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was too saltyTBO21VIPDined on 10/6/2014Delicious but way too salty, to the point where I had to scrape off some sauce and pork from the carbonara, and my friend couldn't finish her arugula and prosciutto pizza and had to leave a little bit of each behind. Service was efficient enough, though our waiter offered us the dessert menu when we had only just finished off our bread.Special Features:
- great food, great priceannjDined on 10/5/2014Nothing beats otto's when you're looking for a place with delicious food that doesn't break the bank. From appetizers to desserts, everything is done right here. What's even better is the check you get at the end with a affordable price. Highly recommend reservations though.Special Features:
- FergieDined on 10/5/2014Everything was good, except my daughter asked for an extra on her pizza and was told they could accomodate any extra cheese! Wierd , huhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingBourbon92VIPDined on 10/5/2014We eat at Otto several times a season, but our most recent experience was a departure from the usual consistent excellent. Service was unusually unresponsive and terribly slow: between our appetizers and our entrees, 50 minutes elapsed, and we had to ask three different servers to check on the order. My cocktail arrived 20 minutes after I placed the order for it. It was good, but the oddly timed arrivals of everything made for a strange evening. Usually Otto is bustling, but it was not as crowded as usual, so we could not blame an overwhelmed kitchen or staff, just an inefficient one. The appetizers, especially the verdure, were inedible. The broccoli with pecorino was laden with jalapeño and the broccoli itself was endlessly chewy.Special Features:
- Disappointing Service, Good FoodfleurdeselVIPDined on 10/5/2014My boyfriend and I had high expectations for our experience here because we've had such amazing dinners and service at other Batali & Bastianich restaurants. Our sommelier didn't have us try our wine before leaving the table, our waiter checked in on us once during our entire meal, and the busboy swept the crumbs onto my boyfriend's lap. We received the bill before we finished our gelato and cappuccinos and the restaurant was no where near full at 5:45pm on a Sunday. The entire meal was rushed and it was very unenjoyable. Our waiter never stopped by to thank us or say good night. We were very disappointed in the service as we know this is not the standard of the Batali & Bastianich group restaurants and we will not be returning to Otto.Special Features:
- slippery slopeLoveItalianGDined on 10/4/2014I have been going to Otto for close to 9 years. I always loved the simpleness yet the great food that comes out of the kitchen. On this last Saturday, not so much. Most of the pasta dishes were very salty (and I like my salt). The Pizzas were so so, while nothing wrong, they were bland. Its just wasnt as good as it used to be. Service was great as always.Special Features:
- Great food but pathetic serviceHannibalDined on 10/2/2014Very noisy, interesting menu, great food and execution, absolutely horrendous service.Special Features:
- atmosphere was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014From the moment we walked in we were rushed through the evening having a 3 course meal and a bottle of wine in under an hour. The bill arrived with our wine glasses still half full, and we had to ask for them to take the bill back and bring us coffee. Very rushed. Also, the noise level ruined the atmosphere. We couldn't hear each other. However, the food was good. We had the olives and caprese salad to start, and entrees were ravioli and garlic, olive oil, and chili pizza. Dessert was the panna cotta. All was delicious. Overall, if you want the experience of going to Mario Batali's restaurant you will likely enjoy Otto, but if you are looking for a romantic or relaxed dinner spot, this is not it.
- Not worth the celebrity hypeLauraCDined on 10/2/2014Adding Mario Batali's and Joe Bastianich's names to this celebrity haunt is pointless. The food was not good. Pizza had a terrible, unrisen crust. Pasta was so poorly presented - almost dumped onto the plate; no garnish at all. Disappointed.Special Features:
- OutstandingOldHickoryDined on 10/2/2014Went with a reservation for a quick and light pre-show dinner. Seated promptly, in the quieter back room. (Up front is pretty loud, like most NYC gathering spots) Shared a small pizza and white beans side dish. I'm not great at describing flavors, so let's just say that the pizza (Quattro Stagioni - tomato, mozzarella, mushrooms, peppers, swiss chard, cotto) was wonderful. Great wine selection. Moderate prices. Service was so prompt -- and prices so moderate -- we shared a dessert. Pre-tip tab under $70. Of course, if you're not eating light, you're going to spend more. Well worth it. Definitely going back -- when we have time for a couple more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MSalDined on 9/28/2014I loved the food here. Very fresh tasting. I would have given this restaurant five stars, but I was a little disappointed that for their awesomely enormous wine list, the cheapest red is $38/btl. And it goes all the way up to over $1000. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm going to drop $100/btl on wine, I'm not going to a place that I can order pasta for $11. And vice-versa. Not expecting $15 bottles, but $25 would be more reasonable for food at this spending point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Bene!jodiDined on 9/27/2014Everything is good. Just go and eat. Wines selection is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good optionbd1976Dined on 9/27/2014Great for tourists and minor league foodies. Comfortable, casual, but still nice enough to feel like you've put some thought into it. The quality of the food is always very good—rarely exceptional, but great for a nice meal. Also, the prices are very reasonable considering the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, As AlwaysHappyEaterDined on 9/27/2014We've been going to Otto for years, since it opened and it has always been great. We went this time with our 8 y.o. daughter and we all really enjoyed our meals and the experience (great service all around.) Otto consistently delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great valueTantanbourineDined on 9/26/2014It's hard to find a spot in manhattan where you get great service, excellent food, delicious wine and solid cocktails and walk out spending only $30 a head. It's almost too good to be true. 100% recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pizza and serviceohreallysidDined on 9/25/2014Great experience here, first time for me, second for my friends. Pizzas were gorgeous, simple, well-balanced, great crust. We got a trio of olives as well and each were in really flavorful oils that we sopped up with the delish bread. Got some veggie sides which were also perfectly cooked, simple, and great. We had 4 pizzas for 3 (very hungry) foodies and shared; the Cacio e Pepe tasted like classic comfort food, like a dish of pasta with butter and cheese and black pepper, but somehow on a pizza; it is amazing with a little crushed red pepper and although possibly the simplest, it stole the show! GREAT service, beautiful food, handled food allergies PERFECTLY. Very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOve OttoEaterVIPDined on 9/24/2014Pane Frattau Pizza is the best. Awesome wines, great service, unbelievably consistent!Special Features:
- Amazing food but loudHidesVIPDined on 9/23/2014This place is my favorite go to spot. Everyone I bring loves it, especially the Trufffle honey salad and the olive oil gelato. You will not be disappoint. One thing to note is it can get loud. Unfortunately the walls don't absorb the noise and it is hard to hear the person next to you.Special Features:
- Good food- but seating policy sucksEVFoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014We usually order delivery from Otto, and love the food. But now, for the second time in a row, we had the unpleasant experience of being told that "our policy" is not to seat incomplete parties. This, on a Tuesday night at 5:15, when the restaurant was empty. And with my partner using a cane to get around. FAR FROM HOSPITABLE. Mario Batali should know better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sosoDined on 9/21/2014Restaurant was very noisy. Several dishes were not good while others were wonderful.
- except forcjr2VIPDined on 9/21/2014the food and price point are pretty special, but two of us arrived and the restaurant was empty at 5:30 on a sunday but they refused to seat us until the third person who was stuck in traffic arrived. We were instructed to wait at the bar of course and pay for drinks separately from our dinner. most annoying to mature individuals....Special Features: