Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
1 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ottopizzeria.com/
- Phone: (212) 995-9559
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mario Batali
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Have Otto cater your next office party or home event! Our selections of marinated vegetables, house-cured meats, imported cheeses, pizza, pasta, and gelati are sure to please a wide range of palates. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: OTTO offers many options for your party including wine tastings and group dining. Bring a few of your friends to taste six wines with one of our sommeliers or invite twelve or more to sample the rich Italian menu of antipasti, pizza, and gelati with unlimited wine and beer. Contact AnnaMarie Vukmanovich to help guide you through whatever your party interests may be.
- Private Party Contact: AnnaMarie Vukmanovich 2129959559x101
- Special Events: OTTO hosts wine classes every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm in the enoteca, our standing bar tables in the front of the restaurant. Classes are led by one of our very knowledgeable and enthusiastic wine team members.
A word from Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
Modeled after an Italian train station, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich's OTTO is located on 8th Street, in the historic One Fifth Avenue building. Serving classic Italian pizzas and pastas, a large selection of house-cured meats, Italian and local cheeses, Artisanal Gelato, and boasting a 750+ all-Italian wine list, OTTO has become a destination for New York diners as well as a neighborhood hot spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
350 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (188)good for groups (175)fit for foodies (170)neighborhood gem (131)hot spot (108)vibrant bar scene (101)great for lunch (84)kid-friendly (84)special occasion (50)late-night find (41)romantic (31)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- GreatSeat@theBarOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/17/2014Cheese & vino at the bar can't be beat! just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entourage with superb basic Italian food .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Started at the bar with great glass of Veneto wine and a fantastic platter with awesome Coach Goat and Gorgonzola cheeses. After this we enjoyed dinner in the buzzing restaurant. Here we explored the winelist and found our self a great bottle of Barolo. We had pasta, pizza and salads, with compliments to the chef. Luckily we did not make the mistake to skip dessert. Great experience on a consistently high level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunno what's so goodMatthewDined on 11/16/2014Ordered two pizzas; egg and vongole, octopus something and olive oil gelato. Pizzas were special as seashells and fried egg are on for topping. Taste was something different with others I uesed to have, but not really so good. Maybe I have been too expected. Olive oil gelato was the very one people recommended but honestly, I dunno if it were good or not. Just soft icecream with few drops of olive oil to me. Of course, never tried before and something new but...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awesome dinner in NYC!TraveltoeatDined on 11/15/2014This was my second time having dinner at Otto and it was fabulous just like the first! Our server gave us great recommendations and the food was amazing! We stayed for extra wine and dessert, the gelato was the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Times At OttoGaryMtlVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great food, service and an amazing wine list in a beautiful setting - what more do you need! Appetizers, pizza, and pasta all great. A fun time on a bustling Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodNrpmnyDined on 11/14/2014Amazing food. Very inexpensive for level of quality and service. Must go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisejcmeatloverVIPDined on 11/12/2014Wasn't surprise the food was delicious but how affordable everything came to! The 3 of us shared 2 pastas, a pizza, a side, dessert and everyone got a drink. The total came to about $32 which was such a pleasant surprise! - Penne con Noci e Zucca - THE BEST dish of the night, all the flavors went really well together, it was lighter than expected. - Spagetti meatballs - (wednesday special) classic choice, great tomato sauce with tender and lean meatballs - Both pasta were al dente! - Spicy rabe w/ricotta salata was very appetizing and tasty - Funghi & Taleggio pizza - the dough was crispy and thin, fresh out of the oven, delicious! - Try the olive oil gelato! - Ginger gimlet was a winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST OKAYTinkerIIDined on 11/12/2014I was a bit underwhelmed by this Mario Batali restaurant. My husband had the meatballs and spaghetti, which is a simple dish, and the sauce was very bland. The salads though were fantastic as was the pizza. The BEST part about this restaurant was the staff. They were very enthusiastic and well versed with the menu and specials. I would recommend this restaurant for them alone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!ohreallysidDined on 11/12/2014On this trip, Mr. Batali himself was around - better than a movie star sighting! Food was great. Had the Penne alla Norma, pizza with balsamic onions & goat cheese, pizza cacio e pepe. Pours of house rose were very generous. Perfect execution of the food, simple and high-quality. The man who first took our order made a mistake (pepperoni instead of cacio pepe) but I think shifts were changing. The second server & the food runner corrected it fast, generously offered us veggies to snack on (though we declined, we had pasta, bread, wine already!), and took fantastic care of our table. The bussing crew was very quiet but meticulous. A fab experience overall and dang, the FOOD! Really, really affordable for the quality IMO. What a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nks2013Dined on 11/10/2014This is a really great spot for a cozy dinner. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. They have a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobWDined on 11/8/2014The food and service are simply outstanding. Also the wine list is extensive. A great time and we will be back again.Special Features:
- RushYummyDined on 11/7/2014Good food, great prices. However, You will feel extremely rushed when you are eating there. The Food comes really quickly and makes you feel like they are trying to get you in and out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/7/2014Very reasonably priced. Can't go wrong with one of their pizzas. The spinach salad with truffle oil was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The pesci appetizers are very good and even have appeal for people who thought they didn't like mussels or anchovies. Except for the noise level it was most enjoyable.Special Features:
- great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/2/2014There aren't that many places you can say are great for groups---and this is definitely one of them. It's a little loud, so not the place for an intimate/cozy chat, but it always has a good, fun energy about it and the food is good. The prices are also reasonable and the pizzas are delicious and shareable.Special Features:
- weekend days...better like kidsspartoliDined on 11/2/2014Balsamic onion/goat cheese pie was good. Wine selection was extensive. Nice easy place. Wait staff was terrific. Very considerate regarding placement...front bar room was strictly adults and familes with kids in rear dining room. Fun place. Was there on a Sunday @ 1pm.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableairishVIPDined on 11/2/2014My favorite spot in the Village, especially for their signature olive oil gelato.Special Features:
- One of my faves!GinasapDined on 11/1/2014Otto never disappoints! Always a favorite and consistently great, whether it's for a big group, or just with a friend or two.Special Features:
- Terrible pasta ok pizzaKadnDined on 11/1/2014Pizza is thin crust nothing out of the ordinary, pasta in a big no, butternut squash with macadamia had no flavor, carbonara wasn't good, fennel salad was the best we had. For dessert the apple crisp was ok. It overated for being a Batalli restaurant.Special Features:
- Harry56Dined on 10/31/2014Excellent winelist! Superior value for money on pasta and pizza dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014the waiter was very snarky to one of our party... very unhelpful when she wasn't sure which wine to purchase.Special Features:
- Always A FavoriteayTumbleweedDined on 10/28/2014Otto is always a favorite when we visit New York. Simple yet interesting menu, reasonable prices, out of this world wine list. Service always personal and expeditious. Noise level is deafening, but gives it a special energy.Special Features:
- Great Food and noisecheapeatsDined on 10/28/2014I went to Otto the other night with a couple friends to celebrate my birthday. The food and service was great. We ended up ordering a couple dishes and splitting between the four of us which worked out well. My only complaint about the restaurant was that they would not sit us until our entire party was there. One of my friends was running late from work, and they wouldn't sit us to start ordering drinks or anything else. Other then that, it was a great food, good price, and fun atmosphere. Oh and if you are a wineo then this is the place for your. There are more wines then food options ten times over.Special Features:
- Kit katKITKATVIPDined on 10/27/2014Balati's restaurant has really gone down hill. The sauce for Margerita pizza tasted as though it came out of a jar. Both pastas were over cooked. Waiting to be seated until all parties are present when there are 3 people for a table of 4 is off putting, as is the rule for all food being ordered at once, even appetizers or small plates doesn't say "good service" to me.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014good+ prob better pizza in NYC, but still very good nonetheless. highlights were the truffle honey (asked for this on the side, but it comes with cheese plate) and the wine recommended to us by a very friendly somm.
- Great Food, Not So Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/26/2014We had a pretty good sized group and had made reservations well in advance. When we all arrived, I informed the host, and he said we'd be seated momentarily. We closed out our bar tab and went to wait by the host stand. Ten minutes later, we were still standing there! There was no apology or explanation. We were finally seated and ordered a bottle of wine, but there was no wait staff to take our food orders. The wine came (thankfully) with bread but no olive oil. It was another 10-15 minutes (really!) before we flagged a waiter down to help us, after I complained to a manager. At that point things got better, but the great food was offset by our first half hour of being ignored. The food just isn't worth this kind of treatment, in my mind.Special Features:
- Mr,PapabearDined on 10/26/2014We go here quite regularly - every time we visit the USA - which is once a year. in the Fall. Food is excellent; the breads are themselves superb. The olive oil they have is delectable. The main courses and the wines are really great. Otto perhaps has the biggest wine list in NYC !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dearxingDined on 10/25/2014Service was wonderful, however the Host and Hostess were completely pretentious, rude, and unhelpful. Not a way to be the first impression on the dining experience.Special Features:
- got to love OttoMacostafVIPDined on 10/24/2014AMAZING! the place is amazing! the food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the hippest but DeliciousCJL78VIPDined on 10/24/2014Everything on the menu sounded delicious so the hardest challenge was deciding what to eat. Although I get the feeling it would be hard to go wrong. Our pizzas, pastas and vegetables were all fab. Everything we ended up ordering was fabulous. We were seated immediately upon arrival and the service was smooth throughout. Decor is a bit blah, which is the one disappointment.Special Features:
- As always--ses716VIPDined on 10/21/2014A fine lunch at Otto-- However, I will never agree with the B and B decision to put up those awful columns and breaking up what was one of the beautiful open light-filled spaces in lower ManhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ottoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/19/2014Otto is our fav neighborhood spot. We brought our 5 week old here for his first NYC restaurant. Great for kids. My 2 year old loves the wiki sticksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy for ComfortwellfedDined on 10/17/2014The food seemed adequate, the service less so. The noise level is intolerable, conversation impossible, shouting necessary.
- Always Really GoodTWolfeDined on 10/14/2014I love the pizza selections and the salads (sunchoke and escarole - yum). The gelato is sublime. Convenient location near NYU/Washington Square Park and plenty of tables make this a perfect spot.Special Features:
- Mario Batali's PizzeriafoodfoodfoodDined on 10/13/2014Mario Batali's Pizzeria did not disappoint as both our salads and our pizzas were made correctly and tasted great. On top of that, great service during a busy lunch rush.Special Features:
- DisappointedLuisa555Dined on 10/11/2014Didn't mind the noise or crowd.Saturday night. The food was terrible. Really sad.
- A sure thingAsurebetDined on 10/11/2014This was my 4th time at Otto. Each experience (romantic lunch, family reunion, girls night, couples dinner) was equally wonderful. The food, wine, service and atmosphere are why I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Otto Never DisappointsMichaelVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Otto many, many times and I keep coming back, because it's always a great experience. During the day (Saturday afternoon) it's a reliable go-to for people who want good food and have kids; in the evening the bar gets hopping as a good place to meet up with someone. The menu is simple and direct - this is Otto's secret weapon. Couple this with an extensive and thoughtfully-chosen wine list, and it's a winner every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014The caprese salad salad was drowning in oil and, while there was a beautiful array of heirloom tomatoes, many were mealy and unappetizing. Perhaps my fault for ordering in October? Margherita pizza was quite good - crisp, rich sauce, kissed with basil. The service was outstanding.
- Always delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014Always go here as a reliable lunch spot to meet clients. Reasonably priced, and pizzas are unique and tasty!Special Features: