Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
1 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ottopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 2129959559x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mario Batali
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Have Otto cater your next office party or home event! Our selections of marinated vegetables, house-cured meats, imported cheeses, pizza, pasta, and gelati are sure to please a wide range of palates. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: OTTO offers many options for your party including wine tastings and group dining. Bring a few of your friends to taste six wines with one of our sommeliers or invite twelve or more to sample the rich Italian menu of antipasti, pizza, and gelati with unlimited wine and beer. Contact AnnaMarie Vukmanovich to help guide you through whatever your party interests may be.
- Private Party Contact: AnnaMarie Vukmanovich 2129959559x101
- Special Events: OTTO hosts wine classes every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm in the enoteca, our standing bar tables in the front of the restaurant. Classes are led by one of our very knowledgeable and enthusiastic wine team members.
A word from Otto Enoteca Pizzeria
Modeled after an Italian train station, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich's OTTO is located on 8th Street, in the historic One Fifth Avenue building. Serving classic Italian pizzas and pastas, a large selection of house-cured meats, Italian and local cheeses, Artisanal Gelato, and boasting a 750+ all-Italian wine list, OTTO has become a destination for New York diners as well as a neighborhood hot spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Otto Enoteca Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (187)good for groups (163)fit for foodies (150)neighborhood gem (120)great for lunch (87)kid-friendly (82)vibrant bar scene (79)hot spot (75)special occasion (60)late-night find (40)romantic (36)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good standby, been around a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014I've eaten here many times and always go back. This last time wasn't as good as past experiences, though. Our pizza was a bit disappointing, with hardly any cheese and mostly plain sauce despite the expectation of fresh mozzarella. Dessert of olive oil gelato and other starters were just as delicious as always. Waiter really knew the menu in and out. I remembered how loud it was, though, so we were practically yelling at each other across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I took two friends to Otto to celebrate a 31st birthday. I'd eaten at the bar previously and enjoyed the experience. However, the back portion of the restaurant has a completely different look and feel - I felt like we were at Olive Garden. The server wouldn't let us order our appetizer first...she said the entire meal must be ordered at once. I requested balsamic vinegar with the bread and was told they didn't have any...at an Italian restaurant? When I asked the server to check with the chef, I was informed that the special balsamic was for the kitchen's use only. She brought me red wine vinegar... I would go back and sit in the bar area but never in the restaurant portion unless you want the experience of a suburban chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Great place - great wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We had been recommended to come here and so booked a table - about a week in advance for a Sat night. The place was very busy and had a great atmosphere. We were greeted by the sommelier to help us with the all italian wine list. The menu is simple with some great choices. We had 3 appetizers including the pretty amazing eggplant and the pizzas are individual but a perfect size. Would recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Great food and excellent service! The pasta was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experiencehappytummyVIPDined on 9/17/2014great concept - small plates italian... finally none of those huge family style portions. good food, affordable. very extensive wine list. service was pleasant as well.Special Features:
- good, but--dathilachaDined on 9/17/2014quality of food overall very good--high-quality ingredients and preparation. pizza not my favorite but am sure some people will love it. VERY noisy and busy--you feel like you're eating in a college cafeteria, or maybe in the hallway on the way into a college cafeteria, have to shout to have a conversation. (and everyone else has to shout too, a vicious circle.) on the other hand, good food--refined and homey at the same time, and well priced for what it is--and a surprisingly long and interesting-looking wine list. would go back.Special Features:
- Bad food, bad plating, noisy...OrlyitaDined on 9/14/2014It was a realy bad experience, the food was bad, the plating very bad. Not a Mario Batalli restaurant at all...Special Features:
- Very poor servicegleaDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter was not friendly, he took our order and we never saw him again, until it was time for the bill. I asked for a soda (from the bus boy), because I could not find our waiter, the soda never came. Our food was brought to us by runners, and our waiter never checked back to see how our food was, or if we needed anything. It's to bad because the food was very good, especially the appetizer's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for everything but the pizzaJayLinnDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our side dishes much more than the actual pizzas, specifically the spinach salad, the escarole salad and the cheese platter (with accompanying truffle honey - yum!). They were all amazing and I would come back just for that and the margherita pizza! The place was very loud, even past midnight, so I would not recommend it for a date or any time you'd like to actually hear your date speak.Special Features:
- Agree with YelpNapaVisitorDined on 9/12/2014Straight to the point - I really liked the atmosphere, but it was so loud in the restaurant that it was hard to hear what anyone was saying. The food came out in a timely manner. I specifically chose the restaurant because the Carbonara had good reviews, but I was a little disappointed. The portion was smaller than I imagined and it was a little too salty. The pizza wasn't bad. I would probably try other italian restaurants before coming back again.Special Features:
- Great place but very noisy!JPaulDined on 9/10/2014The food is delicious, the wines exceptional but the only person you can hear is the one right next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!David91vDined on 9/10/2014Wonderful restaurant! Definitely a bit too loud but the service and workers are very pleasant. Food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and locationohiogirlDined on 9/7/2014The watermelon and cucumber salad was superb. We had pasta with lamb Bolognese and a pizza both were very good. Extensive wine list, decent dessert menu. It's a little loud and tables are very close but the quality of the food made up for that. Good location just off Washington Square. We had a 10:00 reservation but arrived a little early and were immediately seated. It was pretty busy for a Sunday night at that hour. Service was fine, nothing spectacular. We were a party of two, there were several bigger parties getting more attention.Special Features:
- OverratedChrisNYCDined on 9/5/2014For a restaurant that has an Iron Chef attached to it's fame, you'd think the pizza's would be out of this world good, making me want to return over and over again. Well I wont ever be returning here. You could get better pizza anywhere else. The tomato sauce they use tastes just like a certain cheap, popular, tomato sauce one gets at the supermarket. The Margherita is my favorite pizza of all time, but this restaurant ruined that experience. Save your money and go elsewhere, like your local pizzeria around the corner from your place. It'll be betterSpecial Features:
- Excellent, as always....HelgaDined on 9/4/2014Love this place and go often. Sometimes alone, where Dennis, the bartender has a friendly word, often with friends who like good food. Do wish it was a tad quieter on those occasions because good conversation can enhance good food.Special Features:
- Very Disappointing FoodCharVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was so disappointing that I cannot recommend it. Pasta overlooked cool on outside warm on inside suggesting it was microwaved. Partner's "fresh" ravioli was anything but. "Quartino" of wine equalling one glass was $18!
- Food wasn't greatMikethewilliamsDined on 9/2/2014I had a pizza which was a little overcooked and the meatballs dry. I was disappointed.
- Very good restaurantCooperDined on 8/31/2014Excellent pizza, good wine list. Nice and clean. Had great timeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The service is very rapid.. We would like to have more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Afternoon LunchigmoDined on 8/31/2014First time in NYC, was told this was a gem and while the food would be high end, but the price would not. We were not led astray. The biggest surprise and pleasure was the watermelon and cucumber salad that my wife had, she still raves about it.Special Features:
- Competent and simpleFooderVIPDined on 8/31/2014A competent although simple Italian restaurant. Good for groups and couples with children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too rushedDinerDined on 8/30/2014This dining experience was in need of improvement. Service felt rushed. Felt as though we were bothering the server when asking questions. Food fair.
- Ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We went here for a birthday dinner. The waitress did not provide a good service. They would not let you order appetizers before you ordered your entrée - this made us feel rushed. The sommelier was very accommodating and gave good suggestions. The food was pretty good with a decent selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new GO TO place in NYCTJBrandisDined on 8/28/2014This is our 3rd visit to Otto's and every time it gets better. The wine list is awesome and fairly priced. The food is outstanding. I highly recommend trying this place.Special Features:
- RyanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Batali should visit the place and be embarrassed. I normally don't write reviews for Opentable but I used to love this place. The quality has so gone downhill, and big time. The pasta was bad but the pizza was worse. Tasteless cardboard. I used to love Batali but he needs to either fix this place or close it down. It's really bad food. NYU is next door so he may survive a couple more years but he should be embarrassed with the product it turns out on a daily basis and do something about it. C'mon man.
- Fabulous food--insane noise levelJacKEDined on 8/26/2014I love the food here. We came with family friends, each of us with two twenty-something children. We ordered a lot, shared everything, polished it all off in record time. Every single item we ordered was delicious! I think this may be my favorite restaurant. BUT! we were seated at a round table, at the back of the restaurant, which I had been told was quieter. But it was really quite noisy. There were times I couldn't taste my food, the noise was so loud. But I was determined to stay and enjoy our evening together. Really I love this place. Everything about it. But the noise.Special Features:
- Still Good..IngatDined on 8/26/2014My 4 year old daughter loves coming to OTTO. It's kid friendly and the staff is very nice. Of course the Pizza is still amazing..Special Features:
- Over-seasoned?orgieDined on 8/25/2014Pretty much everything we ordered, with the exception of the desert, was very salty, to all of us. Having said that, the eggplant bruschetta and cauliflower alla sicilliana were delicious (even if they were salty). However, my carbonara was almost inedible and there were so many truffle shavings on my friends pasta special that the flavor was overwhelming. How often can you say that about truffles? With respect to the salt and truffles, I would say 'less is more'.Special Features:
- Great NightmisheleDined on 8/23/2014Otto is one of my favorites so naturally it's where I took my family and friends this year for my birthday. They were great with accommodating my last minute changes to my reservation. They made my birthday night absolutely perfect. My family and friends cannot stop raving about how great everything was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Well DoneJP24Dined on 8/23/2014The food and service were both excellent. We were seated quickly even though we were early for our reservation, and a staff member came by to recommend a very good wine for dinner. All of the items we ordered were very tasty and the staff was very attentive and made sure everything was to our liking. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but too much noisebibboDined on 8/20/2014Fine restaurant and Good Food but noise was terrible ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!mercenycDined on 8/18/2014The food here is simply amazing. I really enjoyed the summer truffle linguini. Every pasta dish that I tasted was delicious as well as the pizza. I also have to mention their outstanding salads. The wine selection is bigger than the menu (which I very much appreciate) and the three wines we had were outstanding! Also, the prices are very reasonable! Regarding the atmosphere, I love the entryway where you wait to get your table and the train board system they use. The waitstaff were great and had wonderful recommendations for wine/food pairings. The only caveat is that it is a very loud restaurant - but it's part of the atmosphere! Overall, it is a truly fun and delicious experience! I will be back here as soon as possible!Special Features:
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014I've eaten at Otto probably upwards to 20-25 times. This time I was sadly very rushed. Met up with a friend on a Monday night at 6:30. I usually love Otto but it is very hard to enjoy yourself when servers are constantly trying to take away plates (that still have food on them). \ Food is solid and is affordable, but still, can't you just sometimes have food and conversation in peace?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian americanfoodloverVIPDined on 8/17/2014Not authentic italian, but its ok food and good pricing!
- OverratedEaternyDined on 8/16/2014Food and service was lousy. The restaurant is very loud, making it impossible to hold a conversation.Special Features:
- DisappointingBunnyDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is very attractive, the seating is comfortable, the service was good, the Cauliflower and Caprese appetizers were very good . The Pizza was awful. The Spaghetti a la Norma was reportedly just OK; I did not taste it, but my friend was not enthused. The bread was good. Maybe it's a good place to go for a glass of wine and some appetizers. Extremely disappointing.
- always a great mealpachiorelleDined on 8/15/2014Otto has become a favorite of ours - the food is always great, and its one of the few places you can find a great tasting bowl of pasta for a reasonable price. The gelato is also a favorite here (the olive oil flavor is definitely one of a kind!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in a noisy scenevirginiavisitorDined on 8/13/2014The food was good but most of the pastas are not made fresh. The extensive wine list is impressive but 85% of the bottles have 3 digit prices. Service is very good. The place is terrifically popular so you must have a reservation and even then you will wait a bit. If you choose csarefully, you can have an excellent wine and a delicious dinner.Special Features:
- Will return soonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Top notch pasta and pizza joint with well trained staff and nice decor. Pasta dishes were modest in price about $15 and correspondingly served as small portions. Pasta was perfect el dente. You need to order appetizers or you will go home hungry. Still. we were very happy customers.Special Features:
- UncleBVIPDined on 8/12/2014It was ok.. Place feels like a chain and if you order right away they can feed you 3 courses in 35 minutes.. Total operation going on.. Disappointing part was food was just ok.. Pizza OK, pasta Ok, bread ok... Cheeseboard was excellent but was obviously cheese made elsewhere. Good for fast meal, people w kids who need space, or people who like upscale chains. Wine list is also pretty comprehensive. Seems to outpace the quality of food.Special Features: