OTD (aka Out the Door - Bush St.)
2232 Bush Street
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
OTD (aka Out the Door - Bush St.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.outthedoors.com/
- Phone: 4159239575
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
br>Lunch: 11:00am – 2:30pm
Mid-day Snack: 2:30pm – 4:30
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 9:00am –3:00pm
Dinner Monday-Saturday: 5:30pm – 10:00pm
Dinner Sunday 5:30pm- 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Charles Phan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For advanced notice pick-up orders, contact us at (415) 923-9575. For more information on off site catering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact a manager for pricing and details.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Klein 4159239575
A word from OTD (aka Out the Door - Bush St.)
Charles Phan's latest addition comes to Pacific Heights. OTD serves lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Weekend brunch offers popular brunch favorites.
20 walk-in counter seats are also available on a first-come basis.
Weekend brunch offers popular brunch favorites.
20 walk-in counter seats are also available on a first-come basis.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
OTD (aka Out the Door - Bush St.) reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (64)great for lunch (39)great for brunch (27)hot spot (20)good for groups (17)special occasion (13)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Pleasant surprise!Yul2goDined on 9/25/2014A bit disconcerting at first, you can still recognize the traditional fare of the vietnamese restaurant but always with a little addiitional twist. We went there twice during our stay in SF, very satisfied both times. The ribs are a must, as are their variations on the dumplings, and their shrimps too! Service is attentive, a bit on the fast side but they will slow down if asked. Oh, and they also have a few wines on tap, we had very decent pinot and carignan. Noise level is fairly high but remains acceptable, and contributes to the lively ambience of the place.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceFoodySBDined on 9/23/2014Food is excellent and the ambiance chic. We did feel a bit rushed by the server which in SF restaurants is usually not the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooo deliciousSmileVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love this place! Everything we try on the menu is super yummy. Spring rolls, daikon cakes, pho, and lemongrass pork are my favs on the brunch menu!Special Features:
- Iconic Little Sister - Slanted DoorGreathighwayDined on 9/19/2014If you can't get into Slanted Door, why hassle and instead go here. The food is outstanding and the service matches the food. It is hard to get a reservation, but there is counter seating and a big communal table, so give it a chance. You won't regret it. Also the lunch menu is different and just as good, so sneak away and catch a superb lunch as well. We go at least once a month, would go more, but want to savior the time in between. Outstanding.......Special Features:
- The bomb!DisappointingDined on 9/17/2014Food was great, service was great, but I wish they would put in something in the decor to absorb the overwhelming noise, the place is SUPER noisy. Also, I think on yelp, it shows as 2 $$ but it was definitely more $$$.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingfitndineVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had a disappointing meal. We felt it was overpriced Asian food. We had asked for recommendations (crepe) and it was not good. The food was greasy and heavy. The crepe had mostly onions and sprouts with two shrimps and two pieces of pork. The shell was an egg crepe and really greasy. We informed the waiter and they remade the crepes on the house but the second one had more ingredients but still very very greasy. The chicken dishes were good.
- Great food but.....SunflowerDined on 9/6/2014I've been there with friends on a Saturday. Setting is nice. The tables are a little cramped, service is friendly, the food is excellent. I would come back maybe during the week , with the hope of , it beeing a little bit more quiet. The noise level is just to much. It's hard to have a normal conversation, due to the noise.Special Features:
- pleasant experiencewillreturnDined on 8/30/2014read mixed reviews but we had a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTD AOKmaudeVIPDined on 8/14/2014can't get enough of the classic slanted door grapefruit salad. and the spring rolls are perfect: fresh, crisp, full of flavor, with a killer peanut sauce that's not too thick. nice list of unusual asian teas. highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Vietnamese with energyGatorJohnVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great food, excellent service, including what turned out to be great guidance and advice on what to order, to suit our tastes. We like to share dishes, so the choices of shrimp and lamb made for a sweet and sour effect. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious and plentiful. The service was friendly and excellent. However the noise level made it difficult to talk and hear. Not a good place for a business luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite place in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014every time i walk into OTD i hope no one ever asks me to leave. enough said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very disappointing morning...OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/9/2014We go to OTD 1-2/week. We got to OTD at 9:10 (they open at 9 am) and were told: "We are running late. Come back at 9:30." Then a waiter thankfully recognizes as regulars and says, "Come sit down" and indeed the menu was ready. We almost left based on the 1st comment and the host with the false info never apologized. We ordered our food and were 10 minutes into our meal when another patron came in and threw a fit because he had reserved the table for 2 we were sitting at, but there were three other tables for 2 available. So even though his dining partner had not arrived, we were forced to move to another table. Finally, our steamed pork bun was cold. Our entire meal, no one stopped by to ask how we were doing or how our food was.
- SffoodieDined on 8/8/2014I made reservations at 11 AM. We waited at door till the 2 people folding napkins ( after turning around and giving us both looks of what are you doing here"? no smiles or acknowledgement. We were the first n only ones in restaurant. We ordered ,others came in and their appetizer arrived, Ours shortly after, then their soups split and another dish and we had not gotten either of our main dishes. We noticed others around us getting food,so my friend called over the waitress to question where our food was and she said " it takes longer to grill the chicken" n walks away. WE DIDn't order anything with chicken ? She forgot our order, hurriedly told the chef and both side n main came .No return from waitress NO "To insure Proper service" either.
- inventive, modern Vietnamese fooddraliVIPDined on 8/6/2014This remains an all time favorite with combinations of foods and spices not found elsewhere in San Francisco. Small plates of meat and fish delivered sequentially as they are prepared - each distinctly differently seasoned. Clay pot chicken always perfect, and any of the shrimp dishes exquisite. Finish the meal with one of their aromatic teas- this restaurant, although always busy and noisy, is a real treat.Special Features:
- We love this place!SmileVIPDined on 8/4/2014Every time we dine at OTD, we always leave so happy. The food (spring rolls, beef pho, chicken pho) and service is always superb! Dominick always takes such good care of us every time. We like sitting at the chef's table to look at all the food get prepared. They all look so delicious! Even the chefs are friendly at this place! We forgot our leftovers/doggie bag and as we turned around to walk back to the restaurant, our server was running out give it to us. It's nice that they always go that extra mile to make us feel special! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch place ever!SmileVIPDined on 8/2/2014Spring rolls, chicken pho and beef pho is an absolute must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Vietnamese I have ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Really good modern vietnamese kitchen. Interesting and varied menu, experienced cooks (get a seat watching the person making the rice wraps, she was good). It was great to find a vietnamese place that is clean and modern with traditional flavours. Bring lots of people with you so you can try all the dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kumoDined on 8/1/2014This is a very eclectic restaurant with interresting dinner options. The service is excellent. The staff is very knowledgable of the menu and keeps the water glasses filled and the dishes removed and replaced with courteous efficency. The only downsides are the parking and noise level. Probably better to sit at the bar and watch the cooks.Special Features:
- GreatKikeDined on 7/28/2014We love it, we wish we have a Restaurant with this quality and original food back homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the doorDocDoc40VIPDined on 7/27/2014Treat yourself... Go in the door at out the door ... You will be happy.. A bit noises , but great food,and service more than makes up for the noiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was good but it was very noisy. You can't really have a conversation even if you are conversing with the person next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTD Always YummyLessSaltPleezeDined on 7/25/2014Anders (chef) is the best!! He was in tonight, so the food was amazing as usual. We had the scallops, spring rolls, and crab in glass noodles. The only issue I have is that because it's so great and popular, the noise level gets too high for me. I love Charles Phan and OTD! Thanks, Anders, for another amazing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful serviceDiningsceneDined on 7/24/2014We decided to eat tapas-style rather than in courses. The dishes are great for sharing. The selection is adundant without being overwhelming and many of the dishes mix-n-match well together. Delicious food. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great brunch!SmileVIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I look forward to dining at OTD every weekend! The food and service is always amazing. We go for Saturday brunch to have spring rolls and pho. Their dinner menu is also amazing. The slow roasted pork spare ribs are a must! And the pork chop and the clay pot chicken are super delicious!Special Features:
- Always deliversLaraDined on 7/17/2014OTD always delivers amazing food! We took some out of town guests here and they loved the uniqueness of the dishes and tastes. My only complaint is the noise level, which made it hard to talk at a table of 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delicious!SmileVIPDined on 7/12/2014Can't get enough of OTD! My husband and I love the food and the friendly service. Spring rolls, chicken pho and beef pho are so delicious! Other items on their menu are great too but we are addicted and can't seem to switch. Our favorite server Dominik takes such good care of us! Such friendly and knowledgeable staff at OTD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/7/2014Food was fantastic. Have already recommended it to others. Noise level is very high. Not great for conversation.Special Features:
- a favejjjjjjDined on 7/7/2014Staff can be inconsistent and the challenge of getting in sometimes is real (this week they said their phones had been out of order for a week -- sort of odd), but the short, intense menu is intensely good and we keep going back on every visit to SF.
- I'll go through this door again!NerissaDined on 7/2/2014I took a friend here for lunch and while the acoustics are unpleasant and it's hard to hear, the food and service were wonderful. I definitely would recommend this restaurant, but this is a restaurant for a younger demographic due to the noise level. It's really too bad, because I am older and my recommendation would always include that unfortunate design error, when really, the focus should be on the marvelous food and excellent staff.Special Features:
- We love it at OTD!SmileVIPDined on 6/28/2014We just love going there for brunch every week! We look forward to our spring rolls and pho! I like the chicken pho and my husband likes the beef pho. We love the food, service and the ambiance. Such a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/6/2014I like this place a lot. The service and food are consistently good. Starting with the friendly greeting by the hostess and continuing with good service throughout the meal. The menu doesn't change much but the food is reliably fresh and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 528 reviews are from the OTD (aka Out the Door - Bush St.) reviews archive.
- Yummy pho pleaseSmileVIPDined on 5/31/2014Always love the great food and friendly service! Spring Rolls, Chicken Pho and Beef Pho are always great Saturday brunch items to enjoy.Special Features:
- So yummySmileVIPDined on 5/25/2014Tried new menu items and changed things up. Started with the daikon cakes, full of flavor and great presentation. The steak Bavette with chimichurri sauce was so tender, delicious and cooked to perfection. We also had the lemongrass pork dish, came highly recommended by our server... which was out of this world. AMAZING!!! Dominick gave us such amazing recommendations. He always takes such great care of us and makes our dining experience exceptional!Special Features:
- Fabulous flavorsKatieDined on 5/24/2014We loved this place. Service was great- helpful and professional. All the food was so delicious. We especially loved the Papaya salad and clay pot chicken! Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out the Door was a real treat!colheaDined on 5/23/2014We wanted to go to The Slanted Door but there were no reservations. They offered other restaurants affiliated with the slanted door, and the menu looked great at Out the Door! We were not disappointed for our 16th anniverary dinner. We had the prawns, asparagus, brown rice and a chocolate dessert. All were taste treats, and my husband thought it was a special meal. The service was excellent. Would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Love the PhoSmileVIPDined on 5/18/2014We love the food and service. We go there every weekend for brunch. The manager always greets us with a friendly smile. Our server/bartender always takes such good care of us. We love the spring rolls, beef pho and chicken pho. Maybe we will try something new next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishBdayDiningDined on 5/17/2014Amazing food, service and fun atmosphere. A bit loud but cuisine was amazing. We were all blown away by our shared app (Soup Dumpling Potstickers - a must get) entrees and shared desserts. LOVE the wine on tap from small local wineries. All in all can't say enough good things.Special Features:
- Can't get enough!sprucer24Dined on 5/12/2014Had an amazing meal! Really really delicious - some of the favorites of our table were the daikon cakes, scallops and the peanut butter/chocolate dessert. I love that no matter what day of the week we come or time for that matter - always great service, food, and atmosphere. Always on point and we appreciate all of the hardwork from OTD to deliver that. Had a fabulous evening - a huge thank you!!Special Features:
- lamesaderuthDined on 4/26/2014incredibly loud! took family from out of the country we couldn't talk during dinner at all, people at nearby table were so loud the whole place has horrible acousticsSpecial Features: