10 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osushirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6172662788
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 11:00pm Sunday 11:30 - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Kenechi Iwaoka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We also cater!
A word from OSUSHI Restaurant
'Malts and cheeseburgers had a long run as the preferred food of the young. That's so over. All you have to do is walk into Osushi to see the generational new wave. Tucked into a nook between the Westin Hotel and the Copley Place mall, this tiny place brims with youth. This isn't your parents' malt shop. Instead, it's definitely a gathering place of young and cool, and toro (tuna belly) and godzilla maki, the successor to the burger of yore. Owners Timothy Panagopoulos and Kenichi Iwoaka know their audience. The fish is fresh. The sushi is adroitly made so that the fish sits securely on the vinegared rice and doesn't crumble apart when grasped with chopsticks. The maki rolls are pretty and the flavors distinct..' Review by Alison Arnett, Globe Staff, The Boston Globe, 1/8/2004Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
OSUSHI Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Have been to the Back BayFKVTDined on 11/1/2013Have been to the Back Bay location frequently in the past, and always thought the food was excellent, and the restaurant had great atmosphere. Went again recently after 3 years, and food quality had dropped. Numerous items were unavailable. When we finally asked the server why there were so few options, she finally let us know this branch was due to close either temporarily or permanently. Haven't been to the Cambridge one, but hoping they've been more successful at keeping up the high quality with which I had always previously equated Osushi.
- What happened to Osushi?HandworkdocDined on 10/25/2013We have eaten at this restaurant perhaps 10 or 12 times before, and always liked it. Good, fresh sushi, tempura and other Japanese food, attentive service. We were looking forward to returning this time, but were VERY disappointed! It took almost an hour for our food to be served! Did the chef fail to come in, that day? We could not imagine what might have delayed things. We received no explanation, so we still don't know what happened. We HOPE this was a one-time problem, and that Osushi will return to its former, delightful self!
- Service may be improvedMAG1VIPDined on 10/19/2013Our food arrived much later than a neighboring table that had ordered after us, but the food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissECH1Dined on 10/10/2013I love Osushi--when it's having a good night. On a good night I think Osushi is one of the best sushi places in Boston. The rolls and hako are innovative and delicious. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable, but they often seem understaffed and there is hardly ever a manager solely doing front of the house work and so when they are having a "bad night" service is very slow and the food is somewhat inconsistent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterChiquiDined on 10/5/2013I've been to this restaurant many times and they were always excellent. However, the service that night was so slow. We waited for 30 mins for the sushi. I will still recommend this to my friends as I have enjoyed the place so many times in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but….ScottparkerVIPDined on 9/18/2013The food was good but they were out of almost every item that we wanted to order. Our reservation was at 7:30 which I would consider early for a Saturday night and was very surprised they were out of so many items on the menu. On the other hand, our waitress was very good and attentive.Special Features:
- Mediocre at best...KCMcSheaVIPDined on 9/3/2013Unfortunately, we were not happy with OSushi. The fish would have been considered fresh if we were in the middle of an Ohio suburb, not in Boston, where we have access to some of the best fish in the world. When we asked about the Uni, no one, including the manager knew where it was from or when they had gotten it in. Then we were told that they actually didn't have any. The menu was less than creative. The service was good, but the manager had his entire bookkeeping operation set up in the dining room which I thought was very unprofessional. He was also sitting across from our table calculating away and interjecting in our conversation. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Very Good QualitySouthPhillyPTVIPDined on 8/23/2013Sushi and Sashmi were very good. Friendly and prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Making a reservation unreliable.frenchVIPDined on 8/16/2013Be careful. We had a dinner reservation, which the restaurant called to cancel because they had scheduled an event later that day. Why accept reservations?
- Outstanding serviceRichVIPDined on 8/15/2013I very much enjoyed lunch in the mid-afternoon, a time when server staff is, ironically, often scarce in many restaurants. My server was perfectly attentive. And the food, though a completely different menu, was as outstanding as I remember from the last time I was in Boston over year ago. One issue: The special lunch combination menu seems to indicate at the top that the combinations all include miso and salad, but it turned out that this was not so. It only applies to the top item. The noodle bowl was only the noodle bowl, causing me to wonder why it was under the combinations title. Now, it was delicious, unlike home "cooked" ramen noodles. And I would love to know exactly how they do the boiled egg on top. It's unique and outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2013Not that wide a variety of lunch menu options, and the quality of the sushi was ok - but for the price felt a bit lacking. I would recommend heading to Douzo nearby instead.Special Features:
- Money's WorthNefPopDined on 8/7/2013I have been to OSUSHI (Copley Mall) many times and I am never let down. Although I would like to go more frequently, the price is on the higher side, but you definitely get your money's worth in quality. I enjoy their selections and typically go for the sushi and sashimi combo and a few specialty rolls. I recommend doing this to get an array of flavors. On previous visits our server was very knowledgeable especially when it came to Sake which is always a bonus for me. On the downside, they typically have slow service. I'm sure if its because they hire inexperienced servers or if they simply need more help. Something is always off and slow with their service, BUT they are always very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most RIDICULOUS experience, ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2013This restaurant is usually one of the best sushi places in Back Bay, but somehow, this one Sunday afternoon, it became the most appalling restaurant in America. There was only one waiter and one sushi chef working at the time, and the place was busy. To make things worse, the waiter completely disappeared for 20 minutes, and 4 parties just got up and walked out. Another family (with children) had to get up and serve themselves their drinks and take their own food from the kitchen to their table. After a 45-minute wait, people were served the incorrect food and so everyone in the stood up to find the actual table who ordered the food they were served. This particular experience was horribly disappointing, and management must be blamed.
- An asian treat!!JavierDined on 8/2/2013To resume our beautiful experience, an excellent choice for Sushi lovers, and a superb customer service, James is a great host! AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montana ;)GoldhagensDined on 7/26/2013Management was fabulous! And food was good and they care truly about customers and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not extraordinaryTravelingFam007VIPDined on 7/18/2013Food was good - a little limited in selection choices. Perfect choice if you are tired and just want to stay in the hotel.Special Features:
- Great!MarcDined on 5/26/2013Made my second trip to Osushi with a small group of friends for my girlfriend's birthday. The sushi and service were very good, and we always stop in when we visit Boston. If you take the T there, just get off on the Copley green line stop and your a stones throw away. The manager went to a local bakery to pick up a cake for the birthday party and brought it out with a candle when it was time for dessert. They went out of their way for me and it was greatly appreciated. I love the place!Special Features:
- Great place for sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2013the menu is not as extensive as Haru but the quality of the sashimi is second to none. If you love high quality sushi, this is the place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a causal date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Overall this restaurant was great! The service was great, the music, and mood overall was very calm and pleasant. great for a causal date night. the food was very fresh, and delicious, a bit pricey but defiantly worth the expense. ;)would defiantly go back to eat here when I am visiting the Boston area. Plus it is located in a great area where there is stuff to do after dinner, like shop or grab some desert;FYI: The Cheese Cake Factory is not too far from the restaurant. Best area for a date night*Special Features:
- Thank you for your kind services.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013We could enjoy great meal and drinking Sake at this restaurant. Thank you for your kindly and friendly services.Special Features:
- Only wish they had noodles/riceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013Only wish they had noodles/rice on the menu as sides However, the sushi was excellent....the sake mojitos were as well. The waiter was very patient and helpful with recommendations.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2013The food was excellent! The appetizers (in particular, the octopus dumplings and mussels) were delicious. The sushi was tasty as well.Special Features:
- Underwhelming Sushi ExperienceArynVIPDined on 3/30/2013I love sushi, but this place was not spectacular, though it had gotten excellent reviews. The food was fine, but it was not cheap and it was nothing special. Try Oishii if you are looking for excellent sushi.
- Our daughter gave us a grouponOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013Our daughter gave us a groupon for this restaurant which I was hesitant to use. However, this was an excellent restaurant! Not a fan of sushi, they had other choices. We had sweet potato tempera for an appetizer and vegetable and shrimp tempera for a main course. Both were axcellent, cooked to perfection. The service was also superb.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner at Osushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013We enjoyed our dinner at Osushi. The best part of the experience was actually the lesson in Sake we were given by our waiter who was very knowledgeable about it and even got to try a sample of a different type than we had purchased.
- This sushi here was just "ok".JonnyDined on 3/3/2013This sushi here was just "ok". Some was better than other but overall it was less than good. The seaweed salad was great, but we also got 3 miniscule oysters for 9.00 which we also felt wasn't worth it. The place was empty on a Saturday night and we could not get over how disinterested the waitress was in us! She came by when we called to her, and I don't believe cared at all how our dining experience was. The Apple Saki was outstanding! Crisp, sweet, really good! So all-in-all it was a fairly poor meal overall, at a pretty premium price, but at least the saki was good! :) I would NOT recommend it to a friend.
- We decided to go here basedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013We decided to go here based on the reviews and due to the 45 minute wait at Douzo. What a find!!! The food was wonderful, the service was impeccable. It's a sliver of a room but it only enhances the ambiance. I feel like we stumbled upon a secret. Really enjoyed it and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very good sushi. Expensive,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Very good sushi. Expensive, smaller pieces, more like what you get in Japan. Excellent saki list. BPWSpecial Features:
- good experience. sushi wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/16/2013good experience. sushi was pretty good, service was good. tiny little restaurant but no complaints.
- Osushi is located in CoplyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013Osushi is located in Coply Place Mall. I was a bit hesitant to go to a "mall" sushi restaurant, but we felt like staying close to the hotel, so it was worth a try. We primarily got sushi, which all tasted very fresh. We enjoyed every delectable bite. I ordered a salad as well. The salad was fantastic! It contained very fresh ingredients, and nutritious greens (not just iceburg which so many sushi restaurants serve). And, it was a decent size, not the tiny bowls. I highly recommend their food. Plus, service was friendly and prompt. The reason for the 4 stars, not 5, is that it seems a bit pricey for our entree order, which is the same as we usually get at restaurants. We ordered the Sushi for 2 platter, which normally contains more.Special Features:
- Great place w/ great sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Great place w/ great sushi. Not too expensive and definitely worth it on a date. Stay away from the sake, too expensive. Instead spend more money on Sushi.Special Features:
- Overpriced, ok food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/11/2013Poor, slow, careless service. The place was empty but the waitress still couldn't get it right or bother with us. We forgot about our entree, (a katsu pork that was HORRIBLE and tough) because they had cleared our table of everything, and then left us sitting. I waved someone down and instead of the check they brought the entree. It was weird. Sashimi was only ok. Maki was pretty good. We had a travelzoo half price coupon. I would have been really angry if we had spent $80 on that meal.
- Fantastic lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2013There was a Groupon and we thought, what the heck, might as well try a restaurant we've never tried before. I am so glad I did, because this place is now officially my new favorite sushi restaurant. The waitress went out of her way to help us with our Groupon since I stupidly did not read the fine prints that it was for dinner and we were there during lunch. She was extremely attentive and gave great recommendations on the spicy tempura shrimp appetizer and the rainbow roll. Best I've tasted. The decor and furnishing seem a bit outdated and worn and the actual restaurant is the size of a living room, but I would go here just for the food and the service. AMAZING on those two!Special Features:
- Great Sushi- Slow ServiceXavierVIPDined on 2/6/2013Went here with a work colleague and though the food was outstanding the speed of the service was more reminiscent of a French restaurant. So if you can get the menu online, call ahead of time and place your order so hopefully the timing would better for you than it did for us.Special Features:
- Have severe allergies, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/4/2013Have severe allergies, and they accomodated my needs very carefully. I would recommend to others!Special Features:
- Food was good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2013Food was good but not great. Prices are high and not justified. The place is attempting to be upscale but it's almost like sitting in the mall corridor.
- Convenient if you're in theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/31/2013Convenient if you're in the Copley/Back Bay area, nice, relaxing atmosphere in spite of being in a mall next to the Westin, nice clean sushi and rolls, but nothing especially creative (that we saw, anyway). Good place to meet up with a friend after work when you want decent sushi and attentive service but the focus is on the visit rather than the food.
- Food is great. Mussels, edamamerebeccaiVIPDined on 1/31/2013Food is great. Mussels, edamame and popcorn shrimp are great for kids. Sushi rolls are a limited but what they have is delicious.Special Features:
- Waiters are not attentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013Waiters are not attentive, but the sushi is good so we put up with the bad service.
- Wouldn't pay full priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Good food but the prices are very high. The lights from the mall detracted from the atmosphere as well. I woundn't pay full price for this experience.