11285 Hwy 1
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956Neighborhood:
Point Reyes Station
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriastellina.com/
- Phone: 4156639988x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Every day: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM;
Dinner: Every evening: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
There is no penalty to cancel a reservation at any time. We want to make sure you call us in case your plans have changed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Christian Caiazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater off site functions, encompassing West Marin & Sonoma County, for up to 150 people. Stellina caters weddings, conferences, rehearsal dinners and many other types of functions.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful back room of the restaurant is ideal for small groups looking for great local cuisine in a private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Giorgio Notari 4156639988x
- Entertainment: Tuesday nights at Stellina is Local's Night (November through April)
featuring live music from local musicians
A word from Osteria Stellina
Located in the picturesque West Marin town of Point Reyes Station, Osteria Stellina offers a delicious, intimate, farm-to-table dining experience. Known for our local and seasonal cuisine, we strive to showcase the bounty of West Marin on every plate. Our ingredients are sourced from the surrounding regions many farmers, ranchers, and fisherman; each dish reads like a sophisticated blue plate special, comprised of what's close and plentiful on a given day. The result is a creative, clean, farm fresh menu we like to call "Point Reyes Italian". Osteria Stellina's daily lunch and dinner menus include house made pastas and bread, organic salads and soups, pizzas, sustainable meats and seafood, an array of satisfying desserts, and a carefully edited and affordable wine list featuring local vineyards and Italian favorites. Local beer is on tap and additional beers are available by the bottle. The restaurant's gracious dining room is ideal for diners of all ages and any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Osteria Stellina - Best Restaurants in Point Reyes Station ›
Osteria Stellina reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (31)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (19)romantic (14)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (10)great for brunch (7)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Local mindedLouisaDined on 9/13/2014Salads are as fresh picked as can be! Mussels were cooked perfectly with peppers, pancetta and a delicious broth (sopped it up with the yummy bread). We tried 3 different pastas. All were very tasty, but cooked a bit too "al dente". The lamb ragu was the best, though the buccatini with clams was excellent as well. Very attentive and upbeat service, even on a busy Sat. nite. We had 8pm reservations and arrived too early. They seated us within minutes and seemed happy to accomodate. That felt really nice. Will go back to try other dishes with their really fresh & local ingredients.Special Features:
- tutto bene except for my pastacinziaDined on 9/7/2014We are a San Francisco family and whenever we come to Pt Reyes we make a point of dining at Stellina. We love the ambiance, friendliness and great food. This last visit I came up with 2 sisters from out of town. We dined on the cannelli bean&green salad and the green salad, which were both excellent, a really terrific potato/arugula pizza--really really good-- and I had the bean and green penne, which sounded luscious. Unfortunately, it was a disappointment. Very dry and not terribly flavorful. I didnt even finish it. Most uncharacteristic of me. I mention this because I love Stellina and I want it to succeed going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great home cooked styleArtAsArtVIPDined on 9/7/2014It always feels like we've gone to a good friend's for a meal, one who values local quality fresh food and knows how to prepare it. It isn't pretentious or precious. The salads are always good to great, very fresh lettuces and raw vegetables. The bucatini with clams is simple and tasty, the right proportions of garlic, parsley. Orecchiette with broccoli rabe and lamb (I think, can't remember for sure) -- the components are allowed to be themselves and are not smothered with any kind of sauce. We tried a strawberry shortcake with lemon curd that was pretty short on fruit and heavy on shortcake. Wouldn't order that dessert again. The service was always reasonably attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful LambPeeWeeVIPDined on 9/6/2014What a great meal! Our group enjoyed all that we ordered. The octopus in tomatos, fig and goat cheese salad (GREAT), burrata, lamb chops and brisket. THe service was excellent - Phillippo was the best and gave great suggestions! Can't wait for goat to arrive on the menu!Special Features:
- Good food but so-so serviceDakesaxDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I enjoyed our food--I especially like the unique mussels I had as an appetizer. But the the service was slow and the server seemed to give much more attention to the young ladies at the table next to us.Special Features:
- Every flavor point!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Never fails to please. The most important thing in any restaurant is the food, and it is excellent. The,check hit every flavor point possible, there were so many delightful levels of flavor that I (and my three companions) savored every last morsel. The front of the house was fantastic, too - I had made an error in booking (I booked for 2 instead of 4 people on one of their busiest weekends), and they still found a way to accommodate us! Will return again and again...Special Features:
- GuyPVIPDined on 8/31/2014Noisy, packed but the food was outstanding... A great surprise! We will come back!Special Features:
- Isabel415VIPDined on 8/31/2014Stellina's is always perfect. Never, ever disappointed.Special Features:
- some stuff very good, some oksaazVIPDined on 8/29/2014The service was great. The oysters were just average which is a surprise given the sources of oysters nearby. The tomato mozzarella salad was great. The clam pasta was very good. The sirloin steak was average. The chocolate cake was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- way way too loud/noisypaulieDined on 8/29/2014To expand on this theme.. way way way too loud. Ears ringing upon leaving. Sorry.
- Great, but not as usual this timeNicelyDined on 8/24/2014Food here is fantastic. It's a destination for sure after a jaunt to Pt Reyes. We've been here before, so either the operations has slipped or the Labor Day crush overwhelmed them, but the bus service was off. Funny how the small things add up quickly. Still love it tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to Our TasteJohnDined on 8/23/2014Reading other reviews it appears there is a wide range of satisfaction. We fall into the group that did not enjoy the food. We both had pasta dishes and found them to be incredibly bland. As others have pointed out there isn't any salt, pepper, or cheese on the tables to try to salvage the meal. I initially thought the cook had forgotten the broth entirely. Perhaps we were both unlucky in our choice of meals, but you would think pasta dishes in an Italian restaurant would be a safe bet. We will not be returning to try again. We didn't appreciate the hostess telling us while leading us to the table that we would have to hurry up since we were 15 minutes late to our reservation. It was loud and uncomfortably warm inside as well.
- Fine Dining Italian StyleyumintumDined on 8/22/2014Delicious food, superb service, lovely setting. Every dish was mouth watering with flavour and taste. Left feeling full and satisfied with every mouthful from appetizer to dessert. Great atmosphere and servers were friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Could Be Bettergood4uDined on 8/22/2014Although the food was good and the service solicitous, the room was very warm and became hotter throughout our meal. This did negatively impact our experience at dinner. Small special touches would add to the meal, like the first bread basket being gratis instead of charging for it, or, offering a small bite for each diner of a unique chef pate, or? The wait staff are knowledgeable and helpful without hovering. We may or may not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good meal courteously servedSantaCruzanDinersDined on 8/20/2014Server was great, extremely helpful and engaging without being overbearing or intrusive. Food was delicious and substantial and the wine was delightful. A fine evening for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pt Reyes Dining ExperienceJoeDineVIPDined on 8/6/2014This is our second very good dining experience at Osteria Stellina. The food was very good and so was the service. It is one very busy restaurant, even at mid week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven qualityLuvsfoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had had a superb lunch at Stellina in 2013 but were disappointed during a recent Saturday night dinner visit. The food was not as carefully prepared as in our previous meal and the service was horrendous. The waitress arrived at our table shortly after we were seated, hurriedly took our drinks order, came back very quickly for our dinner order and then disappeared for the remainder of the evening. It's nice to get food in a timely manner but this dinner was downright rushed, with the server placing dinner plates on the table before several of our guests had finished their salads. There was a charge for bread, the parmesan cheese that was requested was miniscule, and the salads were not dressed well. The noise level was very high.
- totally satisfiedjimmygoDined on 7/31/2014We made reservations here based on the recommendation of friends, and we were definitely not disappointed. The servers were warm and attentive, the food was delicious, and the bill was very reasonable. The salads were especially good; we had the summer squash salad, with thinly sliced squash, lemon, and mint, and the arugula salad with fantastic figs and goat cheese. We will definitely return next time we're in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014As always the staff is friendly and professional. The food is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite places anywhereTYDVCADined on 7/29/2014We dined here two nights in a row while staying nearby and both times everything was perfect. Enjoyed cannellini with greens, beet salad w arugula, fig salad, lamb w polenta and greens, and salmon. Have been here at least once a year since it opened (we are not local) and always impressed.Special Features:
- Just ok this timedinerDined on 7/27/2014I was there a year ago and had a great meal and service. Looked forward to my return. While food was good, my dining partner did not get cheese on his pasta which resulting in him looking for salt, which was not available. The cheese added the salt that would finish the dish off making it excellent instead of just ok. I found the service to be pressed - like a diner and the intention was to move us along quickly even tho there were tables open.Special Features:
- Bistro food in Point ReyesSuzeChewsDined on 7/22/2014We had local oysters, a mixed green salad, a bottle of delicious pinot noir, chicken with polenta, and the brisket. Service was cursory (lots of people serving you, no rapport with our waiter at all), prices reasonable, food very good. My husband wasn't a fan of the tomatoey 'gravy' on the brisket, but my chicken was delicious, and the polenta was creamy and addictive. The place was very busy from 7-9, and hot hot hot. There were two fans going, but it didn't touch the heat in the room. We were sweaty, but couldn't imagine how the kitchen staff was faring!Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinner!chefsniteoffDined on 7/19/2014My husband surprised me with a birthday weekend in Pt Reyes and one of the highlights was our dinner at Stellina. The food was very fresh, well prepared and delicious and service was great as was the wine. We've been there a couple of times before and it seems the food gets better each time. The only (very minor) complaints we had were the noise level, it was difficult to carry on a conversation while the dining room was packed and with no A/C and an open kitchen it did get pretty warm. BUT, that will not deter us from returning - soon I hope!Special Features:
- NorthstarVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was absolutely magnificent; the service was not. I know that Point Reyes is supposed to be laid back West Marin, but the lackadaisical attitude of the staff is unfortunate for a Michelin and Zagat well recommended restaurant. Other than taking our order, the appearance of the waiter was to stop by occasionally and ask "how was that?" I poured my own wine, which I don't mind, but my daughter thinks is absolutely gauche. Had to ask for refill on coffee; ask for the check, and try hopelessly to get the attention of the hostess to come pick it up with the credit card. With such wonderful food, this place needs a drillmaster to shape up the staff.Special Features:
- Perfection in Point Reyes StationAliceVIPDined on 7/13/2014Really good Italian food in Point Reyes station -- we shared the rack of lamb and it was perfectly cooked and perfectly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for meat eatersOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014I had dinner with my husband and a friend of ours this past weekend. They loved the food, and we all had a great time. I'm a vegetarian, and I had a cheese pizza. I would like to see more interesting entrees for vegetarians. My friends' farro, corn and herb salad, which functioned as a base for the seared salmon would be a good beginning for a more complex vegetarian entree. The vegetarian pasta is mostly pasta, but my husband's pasta with ragù had a generous complement of ragù. The potato and fennel soup was amazing, though. Thank you for that!Special Features:
- Fantastic food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014Perfect for foodies. The wine list was very good. We don't usually order dessert but we did here because we wanted to keep eating! It did not dissapoint- bread pudding amazing!Special Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 7/4/2014Food was really good. I wish I had tried pizza, it looked great. Service was not greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local menu fit for a foodieCowgirlDined on 6/25/2014Point Reyes Station is a great little village near the beautiful National Seashore. Stellina is a treat after a day of horse riding and shopping in this wonderful place. The menu features local Tomales oysters, always a favorite, but also some more unusual dishes (roasted bone marrow with lemon and capers), great local salmon and farm raised meats. The service is friendly but a little slow. Nice to have a big selection of wines by the glass, so we can all have of choice of pairings. Very good and interesting dessert menu too.Special Features:
- Ostelleria StellinamogalDined on 6/21/2014This is lovely place to dine amidst the high level energy that has become Point Reyes Station on weekends. We were seated next to the windows, so the noise level was quite tolerable. The food and service are memorably superior. We three were tempted by and completely satisfied with the oyster pizza, the rabbit, and a pasta dish. The pecan brioche bread pudding literally topped off the evening with style and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacor1Dined on 6/20/2014The salads were fresh and interesting. The caramel budino with chocolate nibs was one of the most wonderful desserts I have ever had. The pizza was tasty, but not remarkable. We like to go to Stellina for lunch or dinner after enjoying Pt Reyes hiking, it is casual but the service is always good, and the food is delicious and varied, with something for all tastes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Salad was good, salmon was okay. Brisket had no depth.
- Respect for ingredientsKathysVIPDined on 6/18/2014Osteria Stellina procures interesting local ingredients and then treats them with respect. The results are delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Dear Open Table, our reservation, and the confirmation you sent to us, was for 6:45, but you sent the restaurant a reservation for 5:00. Needless to say, that caused some confusion, but the restaurant graciously accommodated us anyway, even though it was a busy Fathers' Day Sunday night. You might want to check for bugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attentive serviceClaudiaDined on 6/15/2014Lively and fun environment. Wish there were more vegetarian/vegan options but we had a wonderful time and our waiter made it all superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeSweetwaterloverDined on 6/14/2014I had a friend in from out of town and wanted to take her somewhere nice. As always Stellina did not disappoint. The food is excellent but I have to say, the service is what makes this place. They really know how to treat you like royalty here. We got the caprese salad, the sweet County Line melon salad, the Garganelle pasta, the salmon, poached shrimp, the caramel budino and the chocolate cake. Whew! Everything was perfect. The salmon blew my mind. The wines that our server recommended were delicious. My go to spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If in and around Pt. Reyes,BackinBCDined on 6/8/2014it's a must. Very casual and unassuming. We had two pasta dishes, both were delivered in a timely fashion and quite yummy! This was our only visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality experience for Foodiesbubble100Dined on 6/7/2014Fresh ingredients, creatively prepared and just very delicious especially the salads and the bread. Next will try the appetizers and main entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a casual settingKathysVIPDined on 6/4/2014Osteria Stellina is a delightful little place in a delightful little town. I very much appreciate their dedication to locally sourced ingredients prepared in simple and creative ways. Be sure to spring for the extra buck and a half for the wonderful bread and olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner at Point ReyesbillpVIPDined on 6/3/2014Excellent food and service at Point Reyes. Typical California casual atmosphere. Food was excellent and their attention to local and sustainable is to be commended. Lovely wine list and a great selection of local micro brews is also available. Wait staff was patient and attentive.Special Features: