3650 5th Ave Ste 103
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.origanorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (619) 295-9590
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm -9:30pm
Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Closed for Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Osteria Origano
Serving Hillcrest's tastiest Italian cuisine and wood-fire pizza. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner we have something delicious for you any time of day.Continued
Happy Hour daily Monday-Friday 5:00-7:00pm come and join us!
Happy Hour daily Monday-Friday 5:00-7:00pm come and join us!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria Origano reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- loved the food! was theredianeVIPDined on 3/17/2013loved the food! was there on a Sunday night and the place was all but empty. waitstaff, given the few tables to manage could have been more attentive, but the food made up for the service.
- The service was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013The service was terrible. THe food was mediocre. Overall, it has great potential and maybe we caught them on a bad night, but will give another chance due to the previous reviews.
- Fine meal with one exceptionzipporahVIPDined on 2/18/2013With the exception of one spectacularly grit-filled mushroom (that simply refused to rinse free regardless of the amount of water consumed) our meal was wonderful. The cioppino is one of the best I've had in San Diego. My companion's steak was cooked precisely as ordered and seasoned well.Special Features:
- first time will not be the last!teenVIPDined on 2/18/2013our frist time dining here was excellent. we ate rather early since we had to get to a flight so it was rather quiet in the restaurant. the treat this monday night was 1/2 price appys. wine & beer and pizza -- we did it all! we will go back for pasta since we hear it is great as well. service was great - very attentive. small cozy dining atmosphere. a great addition to hillcrest.Special Features:
- a great spot for a casualSDNative92118VIPDined on 2/17/2013a great spot for a casual dinner, food was well presented; service was good. Reasonably priced, great wine listSpecial Features:
- Energetic, hip neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Energetic, hip neighborhood restaurant. Sophisticated Italian menu. Service friendly and excellent. Be sure to try the bruschetta.Special Features:
- Great pizza...but on thisROXIEDINESVIPDined on 2/12/2013Great pizza...but on this Tuesday night it was dead. Manager was rude. Waiter was extremely accommodating and courteous. Manager should take notes from him.
- February 11, 2013 SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/9/2013February 11, 2013 Saturday night dinner for two and nothing was amiss. Seafood over pasta properly prepared and presented. Prosecco split a bargain at $8.00. Staff attentive and knowledgable. Free parking a bonus in this neighborhood. Put this restaurant on your short list even if you don't live downtown. Free parking makes regular visits a joy.
- Rustic and homey feel, will returnLex4reelVIPDined on 2/9/2013This was our first time here, we were celebrating my Dad's b-day. The restaurant is very rustic & cute. We had a wonderful server and all of the food choices we made were delicious. Everyone was really pleased. The bruschetta appetizer is a must. I like that the restaurant is not huge, so it feels very welcoming and homey. We will definitely return. I am curious to try their brunch too!Special Features:
- Went there during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013Went there during restaurant week...nice variety of options and food was quite good across the board. Our waitress was outstanding and my wife and I enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant. I will return.
- We had reservations at 6:30OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013We had reservations at 6:30 on a Friday evening. We were seated promptly, and noted that there were only a few other patrons in the restaurant. In the beginning, the service was excellent, and it appears that this restaurant employs a team approach for servers, as we were waited on by 2 female and 1 male server. However, as the restaurant got busier, and all tables were full, the service took a nose dive. I was finished w/my main course for a while before any server came over to clear my plate, and get our selections for the dessert course. My husband ordered the tiramisu, which arrived rather quickly. However, I ordered the dessert martini, which I had to ask for, after my husband had finished his dessert. The dessert martini was mediocre.Special Features:
- We found the restaurant duringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2013We found the restaurant during restaurant-week and we were very very pleased The food choices were many and we ordered a variety of items, including vegetarian choices, and every thing was superb. The decor and ambiance were interesting and inviting. This restaurant offers brunch specials, outdoor (street) dining and more, and we will most definitely be back to try it all.Special Features:
- Food was very good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/12/2013Food was very good and service was exemplary. I was very happy with the Cioppino I had. Will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Great food and wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013We loved the food and the service at this Restaurant! Marco the waiter was very helpful with our selections. The Spinach Salad was divine, as was the Pork Osso Bucco and the Seafood Cioppino, and the suggested wine pairings. The Happy Hour wines suggested were very flabby and subpar, however, hence the 4+ rather than 5 star overall rating.Special Features:
- Nice small neighborhood restaurantsnook12VIPDined on 12/24/2012Nice small neighborhood restaurant with good service and very good food. They usually have a few really good specials tooSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurant.DoreenVIPDined on 12/24/2012Great neighborhood restaurant. Fairly small in size but they do have outside dining as the weather allows. Food was terrific as was our waitress who also was the manager. I would definitely recommend you give this place a try!Special Features: