6602 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: 3232970100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Osteria Mozza
Osteria Mozza is the Michelin Starred upscale sibling to the adjacent Pizzeria Mozza, both the brainchild of partners Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich. Anchored by Nancy's massive Mozzarella bar, the soaring Osteria provides a sophisticated but lively environment to enjoy a menu inspired by her dazzling work with Mozzarella and other fresh cheeses and Batali's exploits throughout Italy. The all-Italian wine list continues the tradition by offering bottlings from the country's finest producers with a focus on Piedmont, Friuli and Tuscany.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Osteria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Osteria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
277 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (194)special occasion (163)notable wine list (143)hot spot (110)romantic (97)good for groups (57)neighborhood gem (51)vibrant bar scene (44)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Love/HatefinickyDined on 10/19/2014The ambiance was gorgeous, but we got seated facing the glaring lights of a gas station from across the street--kinda ruined the atmosphere for us. The first three items, the grilled octopus, a mozzarella crostini with Swiss chard and bacon, and a pasta filled with celery root in a chanterelle sauce, were sublime. We were in heaven. Then the recommended duck main course arrived: the skin was nice and crisp, but the meat was mushy and to our disbelief, over-the-top salty. We sent it back. It was too late to order another entree, so we moved onto dessert, the Bombolini, four perfectly round donut holes--$10. We knew it was going to be expensive. Some items were worth it, others bordered on the ridiculous.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Our group was very satisfied and pleased with our dining experience at Osteria Mozza. Every meal course was exceptional, the service and attention we received was outstanding, even the vallet car service was prompt and courteous. Oh, what a night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hypethrine13Dined on 10/15/2014This place has been on our list forever and we finally went for my husband's birthday right after a two week trip to Italy. We wanted to see how the food and wine compared to everything we had on our trip. It was beyond delicious and authentic but with a definite extra flare of creativity and complexity. While it's a pricey menu, it's not the kind of place where you'll leave feeling hungry or deprived. We loved the vibe - felt special but not pretentious in any way. Like you could go on a whim for a weeknight dinner or for a special occasion and be happy either way. Loved it, we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyKyongVIPDined on 10/13/2014Food is good, but hope it shoud be more authentic italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014It feels like an expense account restaurant. Go next door to Pizzeria La Mozza, so much better.
- Victim of its successgargantuaVIPDined on 10/11/2014This will be the last time I will sponsor this restaurant. Overbooked, unable to keep a reservation. Had to wait almost an hour to be seated despite confirmed reservation. Food was unimpressive: bland burrata, squid ink pasta tasteless. Should not appear on Jonathan Gold's list this year, and definitely is no longer on my list...
- wonderful food and experiencefoodiefromLBDined on 10/7/2014This is easily a $100 per person place so special occasions only. However, the food was out of this world. The fig starter was fabulous and the braised short rib was super tender.Special Features:
- Excellent!AfoodloverDined on 10/6/2014This was probably the best Italian food I have ever had. It was fantastic from start to finish and the service was extraordinary!Special Features:
- Food mediocreM3V8Dined on 10/6/2014The pig trotter - the sauce was too sour. The calf brain ravioli - can't taste the calf's brain. The pork shank - too salty.Special Features:
- Noisy, but food and service A+JenLucDined on 10/5/2014This was our 2nd visit to Osteria Mozza and it did not disappoint. Service is impeccable: attentive but not hovering, knowledgeable, cheerful but not cloying. Food is outstanding. We had the pig trotter, a burrata plate, tagliatelle with oxtail ragu, mushroom ravioli, quail wrapped in pancetta, and the veal, each course as good as the last, matched with a lovely Barolo wine. Desserts excellent too: not overly "deconstructed," as in many other fine dining places, just simply but exquisitely prepared. Only ding is the noise level. It's an energetic vibe by design but can be hard to hear. We plan to visit more often anyway because the food and service are so extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated!RanzaDined on 10/4/2014It seemed good from reading other reviews but the food was average, way over priced in my opinion. The place looks cozy but as we were the last reservations at 10pm (table was delayed for another 20 minutes) we felt "rushed". Especially when the lights were turned up, the romantic ambience was changed, music was switched to some hard rock and turned up louder. The bar staff was uninterested and unfriendly. The waiter however was very pleasant and friendly. Overall I would not recommend this place at all, especially if you are looking for a romantic dinner date - go elsewhere!
- greatAvsharma6688Dined on 10/4/2014Great place, highly recommended.. especially the mozzarella bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlhambrafoodieDined on 10/4/2014We had our anniversary dinner at Osteria Mozza and were not disappointed. Delicious. Those squid ink noodles were divine.The figs! The raviolo! The mozzarella! The Quail and Veal were melt in your mouth good. Be adventurous here and you won't be disappointed. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- DisappointedNIKIVIPDined on 10/4/2014We waited an hour for our second course. I don't know if the waiter forgot to put in our order for the main course or the kitchen was slow. The manager said "oh remember it's Saturday night!" Which I thought was a very lame excuse. There were lots of extra personel walking around the floor of the restaurant, but they needed the help in the kitchen. The customers on either side of us were served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Italian man at Osteria MozzaMagiaDined on 10/3/2014Very poor food taste. Americanized fake italian restaurant. I felt bad in the night after dinner at Mozza. Wishy-washy cocktail, antipasti were decent, but pasta sauce extremely poor. Doesn't worth the expensive check.
- DELICIOUSkmmillerDined on 9/30/2014We celebrated a girlfriends 60th and it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- m2thecDined on 9/29/2014So overrated. So overpriced. So loud. Never again.
- billchinVIPDined on 9/28/2014a very good server and excellent food. I had the grilled quail with creamed corn and sage. My wife had a sausage ragu and pasta. both were excellent. had a simple butter lettuce salad with cheese, walnuts and bacon that was excellent as well as the burrata cheese sampler.Special Features:
- They were out of everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I've been there many times, and usually love it. But, they were out of their best known appetizers, entrees, desert, and even bread by 9pm. How do you run out of bread? And, how do you run out of everything so early? The food we did order was delicious, but the overall experience was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great DinnerTinaDined on 9/27/2014Went here on a recommendation by a friend. It was great! The food was some of the best Italian food I've had in a long time. The service was also great. It was out first time so we asked for recommendations and the they were spot on. We took our own wine - corkage was $30, 2 glasses of their least expense wine would have been $32 and who knows if we would have liked it. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food EpiphanyLeCritiqueDined on 9/27/2014Food for the Gods. Excellent service, and the food is beyond compare. Exceeded my expectations of what a Michelin star restaurant should be. Must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreyLadyDined on 9/26/2014The evening began with a yummy cocktail, Sicilian Highball, at the bar from the helpful bartender. Incredible mozzarella bar selections, savory pasta (the Sweet Corn Cappellacci were little bundles of goodness) and perfectly prepared fish and meats, with spot-on suggestions from the server. Our entire party of four was completely sated and happy with dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Cuisine & ServiceFinickyFoodieDined on 9/26/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival. The server and sommelier were attentive and recommended food and wine pairings. The food, wine, and cocktails were served expediently. This restaurant also is frequented by pleasant patrons; we had an entire conversation with the table next to us. The food was excellent. Top notch. The only critique is regarding the fact that we felt rushed to leave, but our reservation was early at 5:45 PM. Therefore, I suggest patrons view the menu prior to arriving to facilitate the process of deciding what to eat. Order quickly, so you can take your time enjoying the meal. This restaurant is very popular, so make reservations a few days in advance. Bon appétit!Special Features:
- Incredibly rich, decadenterinx3Dined on 9/25/2014The food, the service, and ambience were amazing. Some of the best pasta dishes I've ever had and the desserts were truly inventive. Also, get the rabbit!Special Features:
- Nrice31lovesitalianDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful menu and service. Had a great dinner while visiting from the east coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Delicious, perfect for our anniversary dinner. Our waiter was great with wonderful recommendations for food/wine but then mysteriously disappeared after we got our coffee at the end of the meal and so another one had to bring our check.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Food was beyond amazing, service could have been a bit better as far as the bartender who waited on us prior to eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!AllieinLAVIPDined on 9/19/2014Lives up to the expectations. Started with a Gordon's Cup at the bar. Fresh muddled cucumber with gin and lime. They patiently waited for my party to arrive, get settled and order a cocktail before seating us. Ordered the grilled octopus, buricotta with braised artichoke, oricchiette and leg of lamb. All outstanding. The service is incredible.Special Features:
- special night special placerajnitiDined on 9/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our friend's birthday at Osteria Mozza. It was our first time there and we had such a great night filled with delectable food and heavenly red wine. I look forward to visiting the osteria mozza again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Wonderful food! Would recommend to anyone. Pasta was delicious and so was the fig appetizer. Great restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom086Dined on 9/14/2014This was our second visit, had to ask that a waiter be sent over to our table after a several minute wait, all wait staff seemed young, enthusiastic and very knowledgable of menu items and wines. Food as always was excellent, beautifully plated and very tasty. The prices were not out of line with comparable restaurants. We are seniors so the noise level was a bit high for our taste. Overall it was a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceNimrodical1Dined on 9/14/2014The food and service were absolutely amazing! It was a great night except that there was a heat wave during our visit and the restaurant was very warm inside. We were told that the AC was on its most powerful setting. The parties seated near us were also complaining. It's not pleasant to try to enjoy a $250.00 meal while sweating. The food and service was the tops, the AC was the pits. As long as you visit on a day when the forecast is for under 90 degrees you should be okay.Special Features:
- Always fantasticrobinVIPDined on 9/13/2014I think the restaurant just keeps getting better. The food is amazing, and service is elegant.Special Features:
- great food but very loudformerbritDined on 9/12/2014Food was great. I have lived in Rome and the pasta was on par with restaurants there. We were seated promptly for an 8.30 reservation which was a pleasant surprise. Service was attentive. Portion size reasonable other than the main course of fish which was the smallest serving I have ever seen! However, the biggest issue here was the sound level. The waitress tried to explain the "specials" but it was impossible to hear what she was saying. Its unfortunate that so many "hip" restaurants in LA have no soundproofing. Our ears were ringing when we left as if we had been to a rock concert.Special Features:
- Five Star ExperienceJoJoDined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I came to celebrate my birthday. The service was excellent and attentive. Staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. The menu was creative and food was tasty and complex. We had a great time from the minute we walked in until the minute we paid the check. We ordered something from every part of the menu, cocktails, wine list, dessert and after dinner drinks. We arrived 15 minutes prior to our reservation and were seated immediately. It was a fun experience and I can't wait it return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attysshDined on 9/11/2014Always a great dining experience at Osteria Mozza! Tried the squid ink pasta (beware: it's cold but amazing!) for the first time along with other favorites like the mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the best!LissDavVIPDined on 9/9/2014This had to have been one of the best experiences we've had all year. Every bite was amazing. Mario took wonderful care of us. The Ricotta & Egg Raviolo (which a form of was just demonstrated on Masterchef) is our new favorite Primi. Love the cranberry relish in the Bufala Mozzarella. Can't say enough about this divine establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine by our rules!JSpaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Mario' and company's food is always good. I arrived as a party of 2 with our third 8 minutes in trail. Staff would not seat me, banished to the bar. Told, this is our "policy." Well my "policy" is that I'd like to sit at the table I reserved and order my first of 2 bottles of wine. Was particularly irritating since it was a Tuesday night and the place was enjoy. BTW the mark up on the wine list is steep..... say 5 time retail.Special Features:
- It's all about the food.BillDined on 9/7/2014Amazing food! Every course was outstanding. Of course the burrata was unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!welive2eatDined on 9/5/2014Fabulous menu, deep (and $$) wine list! A very inventive menu had our party of four struggling to make decisions about our meal! We finally figured it all out, with some helpful tips from our excellent server, and enjoyed every single bite. Definitely worth a trip, a wait, whatever. The bar was also busy, with diners as well as bar patrons. Only issues here were the noise level, which was at a pretty high buzz the whole time. I couldn't always hear everyone, and we were only a party of four. And one of us, who has spent many years working in restaurants and kitchens himself, was put off by a persistent smoky odor. Nevertheless, it was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.