6602 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: 3232970100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Osteria Mozza
Osteria Mozza is the Michelin Starred upscale sibling to the adjacent Pizzeria Mozza, both the brainchild of partners Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich. Anchored by Nancy's massive Mozzarella bar, the soaring Osteria provides a sophisticated but lively environment to enjoy a menu inspired by her dazzling work with Mozzarella and other fresh cheeses and Batali's exploits throughout Italy. The all-Italian wine list continues the tradition by offering bottlings from the country's finest producers with a focus on Piedmont, Friuli and Tuscany.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Osteria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Osteria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (206)special occasion (174)notable wine list (153)hot spot (117)romantic (105)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (54)vibrant bar scene (48)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- GoodfoodchaserGdfdchaserDined on 10/28/2014Amazing food, service and experience, did not want it to end. The grilled octopus was the best I had, will go back every chance I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria Mozza is a GREAT restaurantJillianDined on 10/27/2014Osteria Mozza is one of those rare restaurants that takes dining very seriously. Professionalism and excellence abound, from the people taking reservations, to the hosts, the wait staff, and of course the Chef and his kitchen staff, who create intensely delicious and wonderful dishes. The feel of this place is like New York at its most elegant. But for all its elegance and professionalism, Osteria is also one of the most friendly restaurants. Everyone is helpful, courteous, smart, and they all possess a sparkling sense of humor. Every dish is outrageously scrumptious! Top quality ingredients, lovingly prepared, with flavors to satisfy one and all. Osteria Mozza is a lively and beautiful place, and a most rewarding dining experience!Special Features:
- Extraordinary Service & Food!FoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2014My first time here, finally tables available! I will just begin by saying that Ricky our waiter was beyond amazing. I rarely mention waiters in my reviews but this gentleman was amazingly entertaining, attentive and knowledgeable! Most of the food was delicious and the rest was really good. The bottle of wine we had was nothing short of amazing. Of course you get to pay top dollar here but it becomes quite apparent why once spending some quality time in this establishment. HIGHLY recommended for special occasions or if you just have a lot of cash to throw around ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedAnnaDined on 10/25/2014We were looking forward to eating here but weren't that impressed. We had to wait 45 minutes for our table when we had a reservation. Only when my husband asked about our table, were we then seated. the rest of the service was great though. The food was good but my beef was burnt on the edges and the quail was bland. I think you're better off eating everything except the mains. Disappointing since next door is really excellent.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Ate at the cheese bar. Food was solid everything was well preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014We were put in a room in the back ~ not main room which was happening and fun. We are fairly young (30's), hip couple and we were put in back with old people. If you want quiet, romantic dinner, it would be lovely but we were looking for more exciting, fun night. Ambiance in main dining area was great ~ not where we were though. My husband asked to get us moved and they couldn't do it. I would have rather sat at the bar ~ should have. That said, the food was very good. Our server was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST. EXPERIENCE. EVER.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014We arrived early for our reservations so we sat at the bar while we waited. The service and ambiance was so amazing that we decided to sit at the bar for dinner. We felt like we were the only people in the restaurant - the service was so impeccable. Little attention to every detail. And the food was out of this world. The octopus was tender, the pasta cooked to perfection and the fish was extremely fresh. I can't say enough great things about this place. It was the highlight of our trip to LA and I hope to go back very soon.Special Features:
- Great meal as alwaysRCollinsDined on 10/23/2014Always a very enjoyable dining experience at Osteria Mozza. Just wish they had a downtown LA location! Looking forward to dinner again very soon.Special Features:
- Mozza MozzaDyingForMoreMozzaDined on 10/22/2014This is my best friend restaurant in Los Angeles! My fave pastas are the orecchiette served in a rich dark brown sauce among bits of sausage and the raviolo a true dream of an egg encased within a single large ravioli. The salad of radicchio and fennel is almost unspeakably delightful stacked as it is in lasagna like layers accompanied by a perfectly balanced anchovy date dressing. Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, disappointing serviceHelloDined on 10/22/2014The food is incredible. The pastas were probably the best I've ever had outside Italy. But the service was incredibly disappointing. We were seated almost 15 minutes late, which isn't a huge deal but then we sat for almost 10 minutes and no one came by to offer water or even menus! Several servers were walking by and looking at/checking on tables but no one stopped at ours. We stopped someone and asked if we could have some menus and they were surprised that no one had come by. When our server finally did come, there was no apology - he was just frantic and quickly took us through the menu. Thankfully the food was so good it made up for the poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJSimDined on 10/21/2014As much as I tried to find something wrong with the place (I'm not a fan of Batali's big ego), I could not. The place excelled at everything. It is a beautiful place, the staff is polished and attentive, and the food is fresh and spot on. It was a unique and memorable experience, worth every penny. As much as I didn't want to be, I'm hooked. It's like an Italian Spago, before Spago "updated" and lost it's soul.Special Features:
- Service should match the food!TakeMeSomewhereNiceVIPDined on 10/21/2014Osteria Mozza is one of my favorites. Food is always spectacular.....but when you come to a fine dinning restaurant like this, you expect a certain caliber of service, and on this occasion, Osteria Mozza failed abysmally. Our server made us feel as though we were not worth his time (Even though our bill was close to $500.00). The bad mood of the waiter put us all in a bad mood, but once the food came we all perked up! The food was the only thing that saved the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love/HatefinickyDined on 10/19/2014The ambiance was gorgeous, but we got seated facing the glaring lights of a gas station from across the street--kinda ruined the atmosphere for us. The first three items, the grilled octopus, a mozzarella crostini with Swiss chard and bacon, and a pasta filled with celery root in a chanterelle sauce, were sublime. We were in heaven. Then the recommended duck main course arrived: the skin was nice and crisp, but the meat was mushy and to our disbelief, over-the-top salty. We sent it back. It was too late to order another entree, so we moved onto dessert, the Bombolini, four perfectly round donut holes--$10. We knew it was going to be expensive. Some items were worth it, others bordered on the ridiculous.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceSherryDined on 10/18/2014Our group was very satisfied and pleased with our dining experience at Osteria Mozza. Every meal course was exceptional, the service and attention we received was outstanding, even the vallet car service was prompt and courteous. Oh, what a night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Of CourseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This is a very good, though fairly expensive, high-end Italian restaurant. The highlight is the pasta bar. They do everything well, but the pastas are what you'll remember. They recommend a three course approach (antipasti, pasta, main), but again, you could just order the pastas and be utterly content.Special Features:
- Lived up to the hypethrine13Dined on 10/15/2014This place has been on our list forever and we finally went for my husband's birthday right after a two week trip to Italy. We wanted to see how the food and wine compared to everything we had on our trip. It was beyond delicious and authentic but with a definite extra flare of creativity and complexity. While it's a pricey menu, it's not the kind of place where you'll leave feeling hungry or deprived. We loved the vibe - felt special but not pretentious in any way. Like you could go on a whim for a weeknight dinner or for a special occasion and be happy either way. Loved it, we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyKyongVIPDined on 10/13/2014Food is good, but hope it shoud be more authentic italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014It feels like an expense account restaurant. Go next door to Pizzeria La Mozza, so much better.
- Victim of its successgargantuaVIPDined on 10/11/2014This will be the last time I will sponsor this restaurant. Overbooked, unable to keep a reservation. Had to wait almost an hour to be seated despite confirmed reservation. Food was unimpressive: bland burrata, squid ink pasta tasteless. Should not appear on Jonathan Gold's list this year, and definitely is no longer on my list...
- wonderful food and experiencefoodiefromLBDined on 10/7/2014This is easily a $100 per person place so special occasions only. However, the food was out of this world. The fig starter was fabulous and the braised short rib was super tender.Special Features:
- Excellent!AfoodloverDined on 10/6/2014This was probably the best Italian food I have ever had. It was fantastic from start to finish and the service was extraordinary!Special Features:
- Food mediocreM3V8Dined on 10/6/2014The pig trotter - the sauce was too sour. The calf brain ravioli - can't taste the calf's brain. The pork shank - too salty.Special Features:
- Noisy, but food and service A+JenLucDined on 10/5/2014This was our 2nd visit to Osteria Mozza and it did not disappoint. Service is impeccable: attentive but not hovering, knowledgeable, cheerful but not cloying. Food is outstanding. We had the pig trotter, a burrata plate, tagliatelle with oxtail ragu, mushroom ravioli, quail wrapped in pancetta, and the veal, each course as good as the last, matched with a lovely Barolo wine. Desserts excellent too: not overly "deconstructed," as in many other fine dining places, just simply but exquisitely prepared. Only ding is the noise level. It's an energetic vibe by design but can be hard to hear. We plan to visit more often anyway because the food and service are so extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated!RanzaDined on 10/4/2014It seemed good from reading other reviews but the food was average, way over priced in my opinion. The place looks cozy but as we were the last reservations at 10pm (table was delayed for another 20 minutes) we felt "rushed". Especially when the lights were turned up, the romantic ambience was changed, music was switched to some hard rock and turned up louder. The bar staff was uninterested and unfriendly. The waiter however was very pleasant and friendly. Overall I would not recommend this place at all, especially if you are looking for a romantic dinner date - go elsewhere!
- greatAvsharma6688Dined on 10/4/2014Great place, highly recommended.. especially the mozzarella bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlhambrafoodieDined on 10/4/2014We had our anniversary dinner at Osteria Mozza and were not disappointed. Delicious. Those squid ink noodles were divine.The figs! The raviolo! The mozzarella! The Quail and Veal were melt in your mouth good. Be adventurous here and you won't be disappointed. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- DisappointedNIKIVIPDined on 10/4/2014We waited an hour for our second course. I don't know if the waiter forgot to put in our order for the main course or the kitchen was slow. The manager said "oh remember it's Saturday night!" Which I thought was a very lame excuse. There were lots of extra personel walking around the floor of the restaurant, but they needed the help in the kitchen. The customers on either side of us were served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Italian man at Osteria MozzaMagiaDined on 10/3/2014Very poor food taste. Americanized fake italian restaurant. I felt bad in the night after dinner at Mozza. Wishy-washy cocktail, antipasti were decent, but pasta sauce extremely poor. Doesn't worth the expensive check.
- DELICIOUSkmmillerDined on 9/30/2014We celebrated a girlfriends 60th and it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- m2thecDined on 9/29/2014So overrated. So overpriced. So loud. Never again.
- billchinVIPDined on 9/28/2014a very good server and excellent food. I had the grilled quail with creamed corn and sage. My wife had a sausage ragu and pasta. both were excellent. had a simple butter lettuce salad with cheese, walnuts and bacon that was excellent as well as the burrata cheese sampler.Special Features:
- They were out of everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I've been there many times, and usually love it. But, they were out of their best known appetizers, entrees, desert, and even bread by 9pm. How do you run out of bread? And, how do you run out of everything so early? The food we did order was delicious, but the overall experience was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great DinnerTinaDined on 9/27/2014Went here on a recommendation by a friend. It was great! The food was some of the best Italian food I've had in a long time. The service was also great. It was out first time so we asked for recommendations and the they were spot on. We took our own wine - corkage was $30, 2 glasses of their least expense wine would have been $32 and who knows if we would have liked it. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food EpiphanyLeCritiqueDined on 9/27/2014Food for the Gods. Excellent service, and the food is beyond compare. Exceeded my expectations of what a Michelin star restaurant should be. Must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreyLadyDined on 9/26/2014The evening began with a yummy cocktail, Sicilian Highball, at the bar from the helpful bartender. Incredible mozzarella bar selections, savory pasta (the Sweet Corn Cappellacci were little bundles of goodness) and perfectly prepared fish and meats, with spot-on suggestions from the server. Our entire party of four was completely sated and happy with dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Cuisine & ServiceFinickyFoodieDined on 9/26/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival. The server and sommelier were attentive and recommended food and wine pairings. The food, wine, and cocktails were served expediently. This restaurant also is frequented by pleasant patrons; we had an entire conversation with the table next to us. The food was excellent. Top notch. The only critique is regarding the fact that we felt rushed to leave, but our reservation was early at 5:45 PM. Therefore, I suggest patrons view the menu prior to arriving to facilitate the process of deciding what to eat. Order quickly, so you can take your time enjoying the meal. This restaurant is very popular, so make reservations a few days in advance. Bon appétit!Special Features:
- Incredibly rich, decadenterinx3Dined on 9/25/2014The food, the service, and ambience were amazing. Some of the best pasta dishes I've ever had and the desserts were truly inventive. Also, get the rabbit!Special Features:
- Nrice31lovesitalianDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful menu and service. Had a great dinner while visiting from the east coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Delicious, perfect for our anniversary dinner. Our waiter was great with wonderful recommendations for food/wine but then mysteriously disappeared after we got our coffee at the end of the meal and so another one had to bring our check.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Food was beyond amazing, service could have been a bit better as far as the bartender who waited on us prior to eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.