6602 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: (323) 297-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Osteria Mozza
Osteria Mozza is the Michelin Starred upscale sibling to the adjacent Pizzeria Mozza, both the brainchild of partners Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich. Anchored by Nancy's massive Mozzarella bar, the soaring Osteria provides a sophisticated but lively environment to enjoy a menu inspired by her dazzling work with Mozzarella and other fresh cheeses and Batali's exploits throughout Italy. The all-Italian wine list continues the tradition by offering bottlings from the country's finest producers with a focus on Piedmont, Friuli and Tuscany.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Osteria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Osteria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (215)special occasion (179)notable wine list (154)hot spot (116)romantic (106)good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (54)vibrant bar scene (53)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Service with a capital "S"harboDined on 11/23/2014A truly elegant and sophisticated dining experience. Excellent array of menu selections and total professionalism from the service staff. No matter the occasion, this restaurant will reestablish one's confidence in fine dining in L.A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic LA Italian with a modern vibewisechoicesDined on 11/21/2014Osteria Mozza always delivers! Solid food, great service, great wine and ambiance. Have never been disappointed. The only thing I'd like to note is that at a later reservation you may not get your 1st entree of your choice. This happened to us both times we were there. They ran out of the pork loin and the rack of lamb. Otherwise everything is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We booked Osteria Mozza in Los Angeles via opentable.com (trying the website for the first time) for a recent family trip to LA. There were 7 of us and were seated at a round table a few tables from the entrance. It was our first time to eat at the LA location (we have eaten at the one in Singapore many times) and were excited to be at the origin, so to speak. One of our party could not make it so we waited for a short time while the table was reset for 6. Since we were familiar with the menu, ordering was fairly quick. Our waiter was very attentive and brought out the courses in groups of three. The food was excellent as expected. I have to say that perhaps the desserts were better executed here. :) All in all we enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellent servicefortheloveoffoodDined on 11/20/2014While the location of the restaurant seems out of place, it's high end food and high end service and excellent ambiance make up for the location by far. Originally conceived as a mozzarella bar the final restaurant offers much more than just mozzarella with great vegetarian and meat lover dishes to choose from. It can be anywhere from a 1-3 course meal and the service was top notch. The pizzeria mozza next door is also great but you will find more space between the tables and even better service at this slightly more expensive osteria mozza. I can highly suggesy the grilled beef tagliata which the waiter said was one of their most popular dishes as well. We celebrated a birthday and were treated with a scoop of delicious gelato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014amazing amazing food... went last night with my fiancé for our two year anniversary. the staff was very friendly and the food was amazing... we had the crispy pig trotter, bufala mozzarella for appetizer... cedar smoked sea trout and grilled beef tagliata for main course and the piccolo budding do cioccolato for dessert... everything tasted so good... can't stop thinking about it. can't wait to return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014Great food, great service. Waitress was friendly, knowledgable and helpful. One of the best dinners we have enjoyed. Only minor problem, even early (5:45) on a Tuesday evening, the valet service slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anxious to go backHoppyDined on 11/16/2014Unfortunately our reservation on Sunday evening was at 5:00 PM and we had theater tickets with a 6:30 curtain. We just didn't have enough time to fully enjoy and appreciate what I am certain is a great dining experience. Upon entering I informed the captain that we were pressed for time and he suggested ordering appetizers, Primi and Segundi at the same time. The wait staff was directed to help us make the best use of our limited time and did so with charm, grace and professionalism. No question we will return for the full experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbXXXXDined on 11/14/2014The food was fantastic. How do they do such wonderful things with pasta? The pasta was so good, we were tempted to gobble it all up, but then we decided to take some of it home. That way, we could look forward to having it the next day. Better even than the food, the service was very thoughtful. We waited half an hour for friends to show up. We were seated and the staff was very friendly, bringing bread and drinks, updating us on whether our guests had been sighted and asking us whether we wanted to order something while we waited. It turns out, our friends had the date wrong! Too bad for them. I must commend the staff for showing patience and concern. We never once felt rushed. If you prefer to dine like a grown up in a place where you can actually talk to your dinner companions, ask to be seated in the back room (if it is not being used for a private function). It's quieter than the front room but not stuffy. Osteria Mozza is definitely the best restaurant in Los Angeles and one of the best in the United States. As my mother (age 102) would say, ``When you go there, you are going OUT!''Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedJustinVIPDined on 11/13/2014I've always heard so much about this popular spot and had been meaning to check it out for a very long time. Maybe I expected too much? The restaurant is very nice, they have a huge wine list that actually verges overwhelming, and the atmosphere is pleasing. Unfortunately, the service is very stale and stuffy. The food is good, but didn't just blow me away, and the portions are quite small for the price. I'm afraid this is one of those places I've checked off my list of places to try... and that's where it ends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinersDined on 11/13/2014The place is loud that I have we cannot hear each other. The food is good. The desert is not what I expected, but I will come back to try another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAbbyDined on 11/12/2014Portions are small, which is perfect because you can try a lot of different things. The menu is incredible and extensive, so go hungry. The pasta is ridiculous and I mean that in a good way. OMG. Just thinking about it makes me want to be back there. Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014Expected the food to be much better due to critic's reviews. I was looking forward to the burrata cheese but the flavor was overpowered by the vinegar in other ingredients. Did not like the mussel broth. Bread came late. Ordered the gnudi (very good) and an additional veggie dish of spinach. The waitperson never told us there was spinach in the gnudi dish nor was it mentioned on the menu. It became a redundant dish. Other than that, service was excellent. I like Pizzeria Mozza much better. If I return, I'll go there.Special Features:
- Great all-aroundLeopottDined on 11/11/2014The food is fantastic. Be sure to try something from the mozzarella bar too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Exciting MealJBriggsDined on 11/10/2014My wife and I returned here for a second time and were simply blown away by the quality of food and service. The available drinks are not standard, and are instead incredibly interesting and tasty! A must go!Special Features:
- Service...second to none! Food wow!JPLawDined on 11/10/2014First let me say the service, as soon as you walk in the door, is second to none. We were greeted promptly and taken to our table immediately. Although we were running late for our reservations (would definitely recommend reservations) we still had our table. All members of the wait staff were amazing, from getting drinks from the bar to pairing a wine with our dinner, couldn't ask for better service. Next, the food is amazing! We ordered steamed mussels and Burricotta as antipasti, delicious! For dinner the Guinea Hen Crostone, Grilled Beef Tagliata, and Duck Al Mattone, all 3 dishes were amazing and cooked perfectly. Desert we had Bombolini, Apple Borsellino, and Biscotti Misti, all paired with liquors to enhance the experience!Special Features:
- Superb Service. Sensational Supper.MaxedOutVIPDined on 11/9/2014The team at this establishment is simply top notch! Friendly, knowledgable, outgoing and experienced. We set a dinner to celebrate something special for our family and the management took note and went beyond the extra mile, which made everyone smile for the entire next day! The food is on its own level. You MUST start with the mozzarella sampler. Next, the brussel sprouts salad is a nice follow up. The pastas cannot be missed! The butternut squash ravioli is the best this side of Rome and compliments any meal. If you're into fish the snapper is beyond. The lamb is pretty outstanding as well. Wrap up with dessert of choice and you're amore! Thank you, Osteria Mozza for an incredible evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justxjessVIPDined on 11/9/2014The last time I went I had an amazing time and mind blowing dishes. This time, it was very lackluster. The only thing that was good was the octopus (which I ordered last time) and the pasta. I would say pasta is the way to go. Usually at higher end restaurants I've noticed that the appetizers are the way to go, but this rest it seems like entrees is the star. Will definitely go again for the ambiance and pasta.Special Features:
- loved itbigred55Dined on 11/9/2014We came for the first time to celebrate my husband's birthday. We got there early (5:20) and were first seated in a small side room. Ordered drinks and were enjoying the cozy ambiance, until a family came in with a baby..uh oh. When the baby started fussing, we asked for another table and kudos to staff for promptly moving us into the main dining room. From that point, we had a fabulous evening. For appetizers we shared the calf's brain ravioli and pasta with lamb ragu. Both delicious. For entrees we ordered the veal and the red snapper with mussels and both were roll-your-eyes good. For dessert we shared the olive oil cake and ice cream. Perfect. Everything: food, decor, staff contributed to a delightful evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service but decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014I've been to every one of Nancy Silverton's/Mario Batali's restaurants multiple times. The food here is good albeit pricey. The portion size is perfect. I found a crab shell in my squid ink, uni, crab and jalapeño pasta. I received an apology but nothing else which was surprising from a restaurant of this caliber. The service was friendly but slow. I had to request a refill of wine for my guests and we had a long wait for our server to take our order. The restaurant is beautiful but the tables are tiny and the plates are unnecessarily large. Our party of four had trouble shuffling our wine glasses around hole managing all our antipasti and mozzarella bar plates. It's a restaurant worth going to but I don't give it a strong recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- socal4nowDined on 11/7/2014earsplitting noise, but the food is very good. I don't think they like the noise level but what are you going to do? The place is packed but there is real attention to detail when it comes to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/6/2014Impeccable service. Delicious food. An awesome night all around. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully DeliciousTheDudeDined on 11/5/2014Been wanting to eat at Osteria Mozza for a couple years & finally went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our server Kenneth was incredibly attentive & helpful in making our menu selections. We started with the burrata, bacon and carmelized shallots dish from the Mozzarella Bar and it was packed with flavor. There were many items on the Primi menu that sounded good. I went with the first one that caught my eye, tagliatelle with oxtail ragu, and I was glad I did. I had a couple bites of the wife's pancetta-wrapped quail and it was equally tasty. We finished the night off with a trio of cannolis and couldn't have been happier. As a bonus, they were cranking Tom Petty in the bar for most of our visit. Now we have to try the Pizzeria.Special Features:
- Worth the HypeBryanVIPDined on 11/4/2014Service was great. The vibe of the place was high energy and exciting but very classy. Food was so good (red snapper with beans, tomatoes and oregano; salami salad; veal breast wrapped in pork belly). Recommended wines by the glass were spot on. Worth the hype if you're in the mood to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and incentive dishesAliciaDined on 11/2/2014Enjoyed our dining experience very much. Loved the brussel sproutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end prices for OK foodLilouDined on 10/31/2014I found the food so so for the price range, some good, some just OK; for a high end restaurant, a bit disappointing. The bread not very good. The fried potatoes were just OK, some not fully cooked and some dry, probably because they fry them in large pieces. The mozzarella with some "tapenade" like; this dish was good. The farfalle with clams was fairly well cooked but drowned into a heavy sauce that took the pleasure away. The cheese ravioli were nice. The apple borsellino was quite nice. We a small pitcher (250ml) that the server recommended; it tasted like one of those cheap $5 wine bottle and they charge you about $20 for a 1/3 of it. You might find a dish you like, just don't go there for a special event like us (wedding anniversary).
- Below my expectaionsAmrdiningDined on 10/30/2014All in all it was bellow my expectations and even if they have Michelin stars that doesn't mean that we shouldn't know or understand what are we eating. Wasn't bad at all actually it was very good food but I wouldnt go back there soonSpecial Features:
- Mozza before HalloweenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Been here 3 times before, this was the best experience of the fourThere is a literal buzz when you walk in and that is soothing. We were here on Oct 30 which happened to be a Thursday before Halloween. Considering how long this place had been open it still feels as though it's a new, hip spot in LA. Considering how close it is to Providence that's saying something. The food was outstanding as always (Duck Al mattone was the main course) and the mozzarella bar never disappoints. Ralph was our server and he was great- knowledgeable, attentive and very personable. He didn't recommend the most expensive items, rather he took into account what what we preferred and how it paired each course. Yes it's a bit pricey for Italian food, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightSerenitySageDined on 10/30/2014I went with my partner for our anniversary. The wine list is impressive. We ordered an appetizer from the mozzarella bar which was delightful. Our entrees were delicious and the desserts were divine. One thing I would critique: I understand that this is an Italian restaurant, but I would have appreciated if the menu would have more English on it. My partner and I spent the first 10 minutes of the evening googling menu items on our phones trying to figure out what to order. I appreciate the haute couture of having menus in the language of the food genre, but for simplicity's sake, a translation in small print below would not have been amiss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodfoodchaserGdfdchaserDined on 10/28/2014Amazing food, service and experience, did not want it to end. The grilled octopus was the best I had, will go back every chance I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria Mozza is a GREAT restaurantJillianDined on 10/27/2014Osteria Mozza is one of those rare restaurants that takes dining very seriously. Professionalism and excellence abound, from the people taking reservations, to the hosts, the wait staff, and of course the Chef and his kitchen staff, who create intensely delicious and wonderful dishes. The feel of this place is like New York at its most elegant. But for all its elegance and professionalism, Osteria is also one of the most friendly restaurants. Everyone is helpful, courteous, smart, and they all possess a sparkling sense of humor. Every dish is outrageously scrumptious! Top quality ingredients, lovingly prepared, with flavors to satisfy one and all. Osteria Mozza is a lively and beautiful place, and a most rewarding dining experience!Special Features:
- Extraordinary Service & Food!FoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2014My first time here, finally tables available! I will just begin by saying that Ricky our waiter was beyond amazing. I rarely mention waiters in my reviews but this gentleman was amazingly entertaining, attentive and knowledgeable! Most of the food was delicious and the rest was really good. The bottle of wine we had was nothing short of amazing. Of course you get to pay top dollar here but it becomes quite apparent why once spending some quality time in this establishment. HIGHLY recommended for special occasions or if you just have a lot of cash to throw around ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedAnnaVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were looking forward to eating here but weren't that impressed. We had to wait 45 minutes for our table when we had a reservation. Only when my husband asked about our table, were we then seated. the rest of the service was great though. The food was good but my beef was burnt on the edges and the quail was bland. I think you're better off eating everything except the mains. Disappointing since next door is really excellent.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Ate at the cheese bar. Food was solid everything was well preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiesRusDined on 10/24/2014We were put in a room in the back ~ not main room which was happening and fun. We are fairly young (30's), hip couple and we were put in back with old people. If you want quiet, romantic dinner, it would be lovely but we were looking for more exciting, fun night. Ambiance in main dining area was great ~ not where we were though. My husband asked to get us moved and they couldn't do it. I would have rather sat at the bar ~ should have. That said, the food was very good. Our server was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST. EXPERIENCE. EVER.CeeKayDined on 10/23/2014We arrived early for our reservations so we sat at the bar while we waited. The service and ambiance was so amazing that we decided to sit at the bar for dinner. We felt like we were the only people in the restaurant - the service was so impeccable. Little attention to every detail. And the food was out of this world. The octopus was tender, the pasta cooked to perfection and the fish was extremely fresh. I can't say enough great things about this place. It was the highlight of our trip to LA and I hope to go back very soon.Special Features:
- Great meal as alwaysRCollinsDined on 10/23/2014Always a very enjoyable dining experience at Osteria Mozza. Just wish they had a downtown LA location! Looking forward to dinner again very soon.Special Features:
- Mozza MozzaDyingForMoreMozzaDined on 10/22/2014This is my best friend restaurant in Los Angeles! My fave pastas are the orecchiette served in a rich dark brown sauce among bits of sausage and the raviolo a true dream of an egg encased within a single large ravioli. The salad of radicchio and fennel is almost unspeakably delightful stacked as it is in lasagna like layers accompanied by a perfectly balanced anchovy date dressing. Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, disappointing serviceHelloDined on 10/22/2014The food is incredible. The pastas were probably the best I've ever had outside Italy. But the service was incredibly disappointing. We were seated almost 15 minutes late, which isn't a huge deal but then we sat for almost 10 minutes and no one came by to offer water or even menus! Several servers were walking by and looking at/checking on tables but no one stopped at ours. We stopped someone and asked if we could have some menus and they were surprised that no one had come by. When our server finally did come, there was no apology - he was just frantic and quickly took us through the menu. Thankfully the food was so good it made up for the poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJSimDined on 10/21/2014As much as I tried to find something wrong with the place (I'm not a fan of Batali's big ego), I could not. The place excelled at everything. It is a beautiful place, the staff is polished and attentive, and the food is fresh and spot on. It was a unique and memorable experience, worth every penny. As much as I didn't want to be, I'm hooked. It's like an Italian Spago, before Spago "updated" and lost it's soul.Special Features:
- Service should match the food!TakeMeSomewhereNiceVIPDined on 10/21/2014Osteria Mozza is one of my favorites. Food is always spectacular.....but when you come to a fine dinning restaurant like this, you expect a certain caliber of service, and on this occasion, Osteria Mozza failed abysmally. Our server made us feel as though we were not worth his time (Even though our bill was close to $500.00). The bad mood of the waiter put us all in a bad mood, but once the food came we all perked up! The food was the only thing that saved the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.