6602 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: 3232970100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Osteria Mozza
Osteria Mozza is the Michelin Starred upscale sibling to the adjacent Pizzeria Mozza, both the brainchild of partners Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich. Anchored by Nancy's massive Mozzarella bar, the soaring Osteria provides a sophisticated but lively environment to enjoy a menu inspired by her dazzling work with Mozzarella and other fresh cheeses and Batali's exploits throughout Italy. The all-Italian wine list continues the tradition by offering bottlings from the country's finest producers with a focus on Piedmont, Friuli and Tuscany.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Osteria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Osteria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (198)special occasion (160)notable wine list (135)hot spot (111)romantic (91)good for groups (56)neighborhood gem (52)vibrant bar scene (42)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- billchinVIPDined on 9/28/2014a very good server and excellent food. I had the grilled quail with creamed corn and sage. My wife had a sausage ragu and pasta. both were excellent. had a simple butter lettuce salad with cheese, walnuts and bacon that was excellent as well as the burrata cheese sampler.Special Features:
- They were out of everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I've been there many times, and usually love it. But, they were out of their best known appetizers, entrees, desert, and even bread by 9pm. How do you run out of bread? And, how do you run out of everything so early? The food we did order was delicious, but the overall experience was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great DinnerTinaDined on 9/27/2014Went here on a recommendation by a friend. It was great! The food was some of the best Italian food I've had in a long time. The service was also great. It was out first time so we asked for recommendations and the they were spot on. We took our own wine - corkage was $30, 2 glasses of their least expense wine would have been $32 and who knows if we would have liked it. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food EpiphanyLeCritiqueDined on 9/27/2014Food for the Gods. Excellent service, and the food is beyond compare. Exceeded my expectations of what a Michelin star restaurant should be. Must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreyLadyDined on 9/26/2014The evening began with a yummy cocktail, Sicilian Highball, at the bar from the helpful bartender. Incredible mozzarella bar selections, savory pasta (the Sweet Corn Cappellacci were little bundles of goodness) and perfectly prepared fish and meats, with spot-on suggestions from the server. Our entire party of four was completely sated and happy with dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Cuisine & ServiceFinickyFoodieDined on 9/26/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival. The server and sommelier were attentive and recommended food and wine pairings. The food, wine, and cocktails were served expediently. This restaurant also is frequented by pleasant patrons; we had an entire conversation with the table next to us. The food was excellent. Top notch. The only critique is regarding the fact that we felt rushed to leave, but our reservation was early at 5:45 PM. Therefore, I suggest patrons view the menu prior to arriving to facilitate the process of deciding what to eat. Order quickly, so you can take your time enjoying the meal. This restaurant is very popular, so make reservations a few days in advance. Bon appétit!Special Features:
- Incredibly rich, decadenterinx3Dined on 9/25/2014The food, the service, and ambience were amazing. Some of the best pasta dishes I've ever had and the desserts were truly inventive. Also, get the rabbit!Special Features:
- Nrice31lovesitalianDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful menu and service. Had a great dinner while visiting from the east coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Delicious, perfect for our anniversary dinner. Our waiter was great with wonderful recommendations for food/wine but then mysteriously disappeared after we got our coffee at the end of the meal and so another one had to bring our check.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Food was beyond amazing, service could have been a bit better as far as the bartender who waited on us prior to eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!AllieinLAVIPDined on 9/19/2014Lives up to the expectations. Started with a Gordon's Cup at the bar. Fresh muddled cucumber with gin and lime. They patiently waited for my party to arrive, get settled and order a cocktail before seating us. Ordered the grilled octopus, buricotta with braised artichoke, oricchiette and leg of lamb. All outstanding. The service is incredible.Special Features:
- special night special placerajnitiDined on 9/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our friend's birthday at Osteria Mozza. It was our first time there and we had such a great night filled with delectable food and heavenly red wine. I look forward to visiting the osteria mozza again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Wonderful food! Would recommend to anyone. Pasta was delicious and so was the fig appetizer. Great restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom086Dined on 9/14/2014This was our second visit, had to ask that a waiter be sent over to our table after a several minute wait, all wait staff seemed young, enthusiastic and very knowledgable of menu items and wines. Food as always was excellent, beautifully plated and very tasty. The prices were not out of line with comparable restaurants. We are seniors so the noise level was a bit high for our taste. Overall it was a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceNimrodical1Dined on 9/14/2014The food and service were absolutely amazing! It was a great night except that there was a heat wave during our visit and the restaurant was very warm inside. We were told that the AC was on its most powerful setting. The parties seated near us were also complaining. It's not pleasant to try to enjoy a $250.00 meal while sweating. The food and service was the tops, the AC was the pits. As long as you visit on a day when the forecast is for under 90 degrees you should be okay.Special Features:
- Always fantasticrobinVIPDined on 9/13/2014I think the restaurant just keeps getting better. The food is amazing, and service is elegant.Special Features:
- great food but very loudformerbritDined on 9/12/2014Food was great. I have lived in Rome and the pasta was on par with restaurants there. We were seated promptly for an 8.30 reservation which was a pleasant surprise. Service was attentive. Portion size reasonable other than the main course of fish which was the smallest serving I have ever seen! However, the biggest issue here was the sound level. The waitress tried to explain the "specials" but it was impossible to hear what she was saying. Its unfortunate that so many "hip" restaurants in LA have no soundproofing. Our ears were ringing when we left as if we had been to a rock concert.Special Features:
- Five Star ExperienceJoJoDined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I came to celebrate my birthday. The service was excellent and attentive. Staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. The menu was creative and food was tasty and complex. We had a great time from the minute we walked in until the minute we paid the check. We ordered something from every part of the menu, cocktails, wine list, dessert and after dinner drinks. We arrived 15 minutes prior to our reservation and were seated immediately. It was a fun experience and I can't wait it return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attysshDined on 9/11/2014Always a great dining experience at Osteria Mozza! Tried the squid ink pasta (beware: it's cold but amazing!) for the first time along with other favorites like the mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the best!LissDavVIPDined on 9/9/2014This had to have been one of the best experiences we've had all year. Every bite was amazing. Mario took wonderful care of us. The Ricotta & Egg Raviolo (which a form of was just demonstrated on Masterchef) is our new favorite Primi. Love the cranberry relish in the Bufala Mozzarella. Can't say enough about this divine establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine by our rules!JSpaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Mario' and company's food is always good. I arrived as a party of 2 with our third 8 minutes in trail. Staff would not seat me, banished to the bar. Told, this is our "policy." Well my "policy" is that I'd like to sit at the table I reserved and order my first of 2 bottles of wine. Was particularly irritating since it was a Tuesday night and the place was enjoy. BTW the mark up on the wine list is steep..... say 5 time retail.Special Features:
- It's all about the food.BillDined on 9/7/2014Amazing food! Every course was outstanding. Of course the burrata was unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!welive2eatDined on 9/5/2014Fabulous menu, deep (and $$) wine list! A very inventive menu had our party of four struggling to make decisions about our meal! We finally figured it all out, with some helpful tips from our excellent server, and enjoyed every single bite. Definitely worth a trip, a wait, whatever. The bar was also busy, with diners as well as bar patrons. Only issues here were the noise level, which was at a pretty high buzz the whole time. I couldn't always hear everyone, and we were only a party of four. And one of us, who has spent many years working in restaurants and kitchens himself, was put off by a persistent smoky odor. Nevertheless, it was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's always Mozza.expectdelaysDined on 9/4/2014Having gone to the restaurant for years now, it remains one of the best higher-end options in all of Los Angeles. My wife and I reserve it for special occasions, and it never fails to impress. Even though the service was a little "off" this time around (had to wait an extra 15 minutes for our table, waiter was a little slow with the drinks), the food and atmosphere were stellar. I recommend going with family/friends who like to share food, because you're going to want to try everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MozzaMikeDined on 9/4/2014Osteria Mozza provided a great dining experience. Food was especially good, nice presentation, great flavors. Great service and overall ambiance.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantnewbyDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I and our two friends really enjoyed the food especially the dessert. The lamb chops are quite delicious as is the quail. We also had the Bombalino for dessert and can see why a lot of other people who have rated this restaurant always talk about the dessert.Special Features:
- Food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Highly recommended by my close friend, went there for our 23rd anniversary. We ordered more than enough to have fair evaluation but non of their dishes really hit our expectations. Sorry.Special Features:
- LA VistorBostonsuburbsVIPDined on 8/31/2014A friend of mine recommended Osteria Mozza and we were so glad we went. The menu is well laid out giving us a chance to choose a variety of items to share. The highlight was a delicate pasta dish with fresh corn which melted in your mouth. We also chose one of the Burrata options and the steak. Elegant but hip atmosphere with caring staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the foodmmonetDined on 8/29/2014Event though I made a reservation we had to wait for 35 min to be seated. I definitely would return to try more deserts, my favorite is bomboliny. Service was friendly and compromising.Special Features:
- Orchiette!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Best Orchiette with sausage was amazing! The caprese was perfect! The service was super! Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Segregation in FULL effectSegregationDined on 8/28/2014Let's just say that I have been to Osteria Mozza numerous times over the years and I must say that the service has definitely declined. Wait! Before we get in the whole service deal, let me start off with how we were segregated by race and was seated in the "Asian" section of the restaurant. Yes, you heard me right. SEGREGATED. I'm usually oblivious to such thing when I go to places but there was no doubt in my mind that it happened. If it wasn't for my bf's birthday, I would've definitely questioned the seating arrangement. One of the couples (non-Asian) even requested to be seated elsewhere and Osteria sat another Asian couple to the same table. I don't know Osteria, but seating FIVE Asian parties on the same side of the restaurant just dSpecial Features:
- Food was excellentluv2eatDined on 8/28/2014We had an excellent dinner, it was my sister Birthday and wanted to take her to Mozza for her special day, she loved it.Special Features:
- I don't get it.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014I love great food and enjoy event dining but either I went on an off night or it's the emperors new clothes.Special Features:
- Good food -service unspectacularalisonlaVIPDined on 8/25/2014We have been several times. The food was fine , the Burrata bar orders were great. Pasta was good -not as amazing as when they first opened. The waiter was nice , and prompt at first , but then got two big tables nearby & ignored us after that. I was not offered a second glass of wine & nobody checked on us after receiving our second courses. My friend who ordered the duck wasn't told that it came with nothing on the side -no vegetables or anything & no sides were suggested to be ordered. Disappointed in the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful evening good food attentive staff and interesting wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/23/2014kitchen was very slow; we waited 20 min from finishing our first course to the second course arriving at our table. coffee was never served w/our dessert and i noticed it happened to the table beside us
- Some slippage?JJEFFDined on 8/22/2014We've been here maybe 10-15 times and count Mozza among our top five in LA. Anniversary dinner on Friday night and something was off. 35 minute wait for a table despite arriving timely and then we were seated amidst two busing stations in the sort of antechamber and next to a gaggle of privileged teenage girls. Server and sommelier were characteristically excellent but one of our dishes (butter lettuce salad) failed to excite and a second (quail) just wasn't cooked and had to go back. We were surprised as all previous experiences have been near perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozza - a Safe Harbor for Fine FoodIntlFoodFanDined on 8/22/2014Mozza continues to provide its diners with delicious food, often innovative, accompanied by primarily Italian wines from a comprehensive and well-organized carta dei vini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but...WineandvistasVIPDined on 8/21/2014Surprisingly, during our meal the wait staff were engaged in personal conversations with each other, both behind us and in front of us. Far cry from the professionalsm we experiened at Spago. Also, it seemed like we waited a very long time to receive our first course (a cheese dish). This place just didn't seem to have that "something special" element about it, although the food was good.
- Not impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014It's so difficult to get a reservation here and once we finally dined here, I was not impressed. The food was very "meat-heavy" and the service was just okay. There is a central "mozzarella bar" where cooking takes place and the entire restaurant smelled like a greasy diner. While there was some talent coming out of the kitchen, it's not somewhere I'd return.Special Features: