6602 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: 3232970100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Osteria Mozza
Osteria Mozza is the Michelin Starred upscale sibling to the adjacent Pizzeria Mozza, both the brainchild of partners Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich. Anchored by Nancy's massive Mozzarella bar, the soaring Osteria provides a sophisticated but lively environment to enjoy a menu inspired by her dazzling work with Mozzarella and other fresh cheeses and Batali's exploits throughout Italy. The all-Italian wine list continues the tradition by offering bottlings from the country's finest producers with a focus on Piedmont, Friuli and Tuscany.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Osteria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Osteria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (192)special occasion (159)notable wine list (127)hot spot (107)romantic (89)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Highly recommended by my close friend, went there for our 23rd anniversary. We ordered more than enough to have fair evaluation but non of their dishes really hit our expectations. Sorry.Special Features:
- LA VistorOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014A friend of mine recommended Osteria Mozza and we were so glad we went. The menu is well laid out giving us a chance to choose a variety of items to share. The highlight was a delicate pasta dish with fresh corn which melted in your mouth. We also chose one of the Burrata options and the steak. Elegant but hip atmosphere with caring staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the foodmmonetDined on 8/29/2014Event though I made a reservation we had to wait for 35 min to be seated. I definitely would return to try more deserts, my favorite is bomboliny. Service was friendly and compromising.Special Features:
- Orchiette!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Best Orchiette with sausage was amazing! The caprese was perfect! The service was super! Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Segregation in FULL effectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Let's just say that I have been to Osteria Mozza numerous times over the years and I must say that the service has definitely declined. Wait! Before we get in the whole service deal, let me start off with how we were segregated by race and was seated in the "Asian" section of the restaurant. Yes, you heard me right. SEGREGATED. I'm usually oblivious to such thing when I go to places but there was no doubt in my mind that it happened. If it wasn't for my bf's birthday, I would've definitely questioned the seating arrangement. One of the couples (non-Asian) even requested to be seated elsewhere and Osteria sat another Asian couple to the same table. I don't know Osteria, but seating FIVE Asian parties on the same side of the restaurant just dSpecial Features:
- Food was excellentluv2eatDined on 8/28/2014We had an excellent dinner, it was my sister Birthday and wanted to take her to Mozza for her special day, she loved it.Special Features:
- I don't get it.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014I love great food and enjoy event dining but either I went on an off night or it's the emperors new clothes.Special Features:
- Good food -service unspectacularalisonlaVIPDined on 8/25/2014We have been several times. The food was fine , the Burrata bar orders were great. Pasta was good -not as amazing as when they first opened. The waiter was nice , and prompt at first , but then got two big tables nearby & ignored us after that. I was not offered a second glass of wine & nobody checked on us after receiving our second courses. My friend who ordered the duck wasn't told that it came with nothing on the side -no vegetables or anything & no sides were suggested to be ordered. Disappointed in the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful evening good food attentive staff and interesting wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/23/2014kitchen was very slow; we waited 20 min from finishing our first course to the second course arriving at our table. coffee was never served w/our dessert and i noticed it happened to the table beside us
- Some slippage?JJEFFDined on 8/22/2014We've been here maybe 10-15 times and count Mozza among our top five in LA. Anniversary dinner on Friday night and something was off. 35 minute wait for a table despite arriving timely and then we were seated amidst two busing stations in the sort of antechamber and next to a gaggle of privileged teenage girls. Server and sommelier were characteristically excellent but one of our dishes (butter lettuce salad) failed to excite and a second (quail) just wasn't cooked and had to go back. We were surprised as all previous experiences have been near perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozza - a Safe Harbor for Fine FoodIntlFoodFanDined on 8/22/2014Mozza continues to provide its diners with delicious food, often innovative, accompanied by primarily Italian wines from a comprehensive and well-organized carta dei vini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but...WineandvistasVIPDined on 8/21/2014Surprisingly, during our meal the wait staff were engaged in personal conversations with each other, both behind us and in front of us. Far cry from the professionalsm we experiened at Spago. Also, it seemed like we waited a very long time to receive our first course (a cheese dish). This place just didn't seem to have that "something special" element about it, although the food was good.
- Not impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014It's so difficult to get a reservation here and once we finally dined here, I was not impressed. The food was very "meat-heavy" and the service was just okay. There is a central "mozzarella bar" where cooking takes place and the entire restaurant smelled like a greasy diner. While there was some talent coming out of the kitchen, it's not somewhere I'd return.Special Features:
- lifeisgoodDined on 8/18/2014Excellent food, great energy, good service....never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Mozza should be on the must list for every foodie in LA. The room is beautiful, the pasta melts in your mouth and the cheese course is a must! We had the caprese - amazing little fresh tomatoes from the garden, and buffalo mozzarella to die for!Special Features:
- Do not waste your money!kimikins25Dined on 8/17/2014Everything about this place leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The service was probably the worst I have ever experienced and the management seems to have no clue. Our meal lasted almost 3 hrs. and in that time we could not get waters refilled, drinks took over a half hour to come, They forgot dishes that we ordered and had a attitude when we said something & 2 of the dishes we ordered we actually inedible. A manager finally came over to try and right things but really it was 2 little 2 late.
- top 20 in Los AngeleswinendinemeDined on 8/17/2014I found this restaurant on a top 20 restaurant to try in Los Angeles. We were very impressed with the food, drinks, decor and staff. Our server was knowledgeable and had great recommendations. I would definitely recommend this place to someone visiting the LA region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculous wait...Jenni9733Dined on 8/17/2014Almost a 3 hours at dinner because there was such a ridiculous lag time between courses. Unacceptable. Would not return especially when the food was less than spectacular and the service is average at best. The restaurant was short staffed, was their excuse, but that's not my problem. For what is is, I think it's expensive and there is better food elsewhere in town for the price. The chairs are horribly uncomfortable!
- Jro6Dined on 8/17/2014The Saturday warm Mozzarella special is a must to order. It is warm, creamy on the inside topped with infused olive oil, leeks and garlic bread that is to die for. The pasta handmade dish are flavors are paired very well without overcomplicating the dishes. We ordered things to share. Without even asking our dishes were split up and served to us individually. The staff was extremely professional. If searching for a criticism it would be that the mozzarella dish with mint and artichokes was not as compelling as the others and that the wait staff could be more friendly. One does expect a certain decorum in fine dining, however the heart of this restaurant is the comfort food of Italy, which could be better emulated by the staff.Special Features:
- Good Quality, but needs updateFoodseekerDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to Osteria Mozza once a year for the past 4 years with the same group of friends. And all of us agree that the dessert and main dish has changed a whole lot. It needs some updating. The starter and mozzarella selection looks the same as well, but there are a lot of choices - it makes up 2 whole pages of selection. I would still recommend coming here for good atmosphere and service once you are at the table. I can't promise what kind of reception you will receive (my experience has varied from host to host).Special Features:
- Neighborhood stapleJginlaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Over and over again, OM wins. The food is delicious, service wonderful, ambience welcoming and the best drink ever (Gordon's Cup). We love it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverestimatedRaniaVIPDined on 8/12/2014We recently had a dinner at osteria mozza because we read great reviews ,but we were overall disappointed especially by the food . The food was just ok, nothing speciall and definitely not worthy of the 3 chefs that are related to the restaurant. The place was crowded and we had to wait at least 30 minutes to be seated. The service was good ,but at the end of the night the bill had many mistakes, which were corrected afterwards.
- Best Italian Ever!LuvGoodFoodDined on 8/10/2014My husband & I had the greatest evening at Osteria Mozza. The service & ambiance were perfect. Out meals were delicious. Every bite was incredible! Best Italian we have ever tasted! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodDrhyde00Dined on 8/10/2014First and foremost, the food here is amazing. We each started with an offering from the mozzarella bar as our appetizer (highly recommend the leeks vinaigrette). The pastas served as our main course. Cooked to perfection! The restaurant was a bit noisy, so dont go there for a quiet romantic evening.Special Features:
- Delish!aspenVIPDined on 8/9/2014It was a busy Saturday night, and although we had a bit of a wait and weren't seated until 30 minutes after our reservation time, our drinks at the bar were delicious and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. The duck was a major hit at our table as was the burrata, the prosciutto, the wine, the goat cheese pasta, and the short ribs. A warm environment and lively restaurant that feels more like New York than LA, which in this reviewers opinion is a huge compliment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salty and not goodmhksuccessDined on 8/9/2014I ordered the oxtail ragu for second course and was over salted than got the leg of lamb which was not edible was chewy and tasted like eating straight salt they took it back and gave me short rib which was super average. My wife got the duck was nothing special. The bill was high. The only thing good was my waiter when he had a minute to come to our table because they are understaffed. I will never go back too many good places to go and spend so much $.
- Consistently Great!NativeDined on 8/9/2014First review, after fourth dinner at Osteria Mozza. Warm and attentive service, high quality food expertly prepared and served in a fun and comfortable atmosphere. What more could you ask for? The main bar and dining room can be noisy on a busy night. We were seated in a room toward the back which was much quieter and allowed for easy conversation with our friends. If you're with a group, you may want to request a table at the back when making your reservation; otherwise the main dining room is fun and lively. I'm looking forward to going back here again soon!Special Features:
- consistently goodbonein1980Dined on 8/8/2014one of the few consistently good restaurants in the area with a high level of professionalism, courtesy, and attention to quality. Noisy, but not headache inducing like many other contemporary restaurants.Special Features:
- Always good!wino2Dined on 8/7/2014It has been awhile since being back, and I still think it is one of the best restaurants in LA. Yummy food, and great wine list. Noise level was a little loud, but it was bearable. Happy to always have a good reason to go back.Special Features:
- Great ServiceDWestDined on 8/5/2014Overall, we had an amazing time. Food was A+, service was incredible. Definitely recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Amazing MealalohagourmetVIPDined on 8/5/2014My first, and usually last, meal when I'm in Los Angeles. Miss the pasta flight though 5-courses of pasta bliss. A few good options for specials if you sit at the bar. Fantastic dinner at the mozza bar. I skipped all my favorites and tried 5 new dishes, all fantastic. Lots of salads and small plates, skipped the dessert but by the time I walked next door- wound up getting the butterscotch budino at their quick serve "deli". So glad I did!Special Features:
- A tad pricey but great quality foodJDCLDined on 8/3/2014Hubby and I went with another couple and the noise level was just right for cheerful banter through the evening. Our waiter was fantastic. We were on a schedule to leave in time for a show and he kept us on track- super efficient, food recommendations spot on and very down to earth while maintaining professionalism. All plates came with an explanation from all waitstaff who were equally knowledgeable. Fine dining without pretentiousness. And now I understand what the big to-do is about LaBrea Bakery bread! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceScottyg310VIPDined on 8/2/2014Very solid meal, appetizers were the highlight - burrata was amazing. Entrees solid. Disappointed couldn't order pizza from pizzeria next doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but not greatDMBgalVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was my first time to Mozza and I had high expectations. Service was good and our server did not seem annoyed that we took our time eating & choosing dishes from the menu. The wine list was overwhelming but the sommelier was very helpful. burrata (imported from Italy) was bitter but still decent. Short ribs were phenomenal. The dessert menu was underwhelming. The restaurant is very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely as alwaysmarlinVIPDined on 7/31/2014Excellent food (though slightly overpriced) and wonderful atmosphere. Dim yet bustling, and very romantic. Perfect for a small party and a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014My sister and I went for her birthday. We shared the buratta special and goat cheese ravioli. She had the leg of lamb and I had the short rib. For dessert we shared the chocolate flourless cake and the poached peach/blueberries with hazelnut honey cake and corn gelato. Everything was amazing but I have to say as a huge ravioli fan, this had to have been the best I'd ever had. Perfection! The service was out of this world. From the hostess to our waiter to the bus staff. Also appreciated that the manager took the time to come over and say hello. I plan to return many times/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but.....dinealotDined on 7/31/2014Food and wine were outstanding but the attitude was right out of L.A. Story's L'Idiot. We arrived a little late because of traffic and were immediately told that we would have to vacate the table in 90 min. That was our greeting on entering. We ignored that directive and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPad0077Dined on 7/30/2014Everything was amazing! We started our meal with 3 selections from Nancy Silverton's Mozzarella Bar. Followed by two of my favorite dishes; Orecchiette with sausage & swiss char and the delicate Butternut Squash Mezzelune with Amaretti. Our main course favorites are Duck Al Mattonewith pear mustard & sweet corn, Pan Roasted Pork Loin with fagioli all a Castellucciana and Pan Roasted Fluke with insalata di faro & yogurt. As if we had ant more room left, we indulged in the Bombolini huckleberry marmellata & lemon mascarpone. The flavor combination is balanced perfectly and not to be missed. We can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Wine Way Too ExpensivelovetotasteDined on 7/27/2014We were shocked at the prices of the wine and did not think they offered value. The food was good, but not good enough.