6602 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: 3232970100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Osteria Mozza
Osteria Mozza is the Michelin Starred upscale sibling to the adjacent Pizzeria Mozza, both the brainchild of partners Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich. Anchored by Nancy's massive Mozzarella bar, the soaring Osteria provides a sophisticated but lively environment to enjoy a menu inspired by her dazzling work with Mozzarella and other fresh cheeses and Batali's exploits throughout Italy. The all-Italian wine list continues the tradition by offering bottlings from the country's finest producers with a focus on Piedmont, Friuli and Tuscany.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Osteria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Osteria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (200)special occasion (159)notable wine list (129)hot spot (107)romantic (93)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (54)vibrant bar scene (44)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014The food and service were absolutely amazing! It was a great night except that there was a heat wave during our visit and the restaurant was very warm inside. We were told that the AC was on its most powerful setting. The parties seated near us were also complaining. It's not pleasant to try to enjoy a $250.00 meal while sweating. The food and service was the tops, the AC was the pits. As long as you visit on a day when the forecast is for under 90 degrees you should be okay.Special Features:
- Always fantasticrobinVIPDined on 9/13/2014I think the restaurant just keeps getting better. The food is amazing, and service is elegant.Special Features:
- great food but very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Food was great. I have lived in Rome and the pasta was on par with restaurants there. We were seated promptly for an 8.30 reservation which was a pleasant surprise. Service was attentive. Portion size reasonable other than the main course of fish which was the smallest serving I have ever seen! However, the biggest issue here was the sound level. The waitress tried to explain the "specials" but it was impossible to hear what she was saying. Its unfortunate that so many "hip" restaurants in LA have no soundproofing. Our ears were ringing when we left as if we had been to a rock concert.Special Features:
- Five Star ExperienceJoJoDined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I came to celebrate my birthday. The service was excellent and attentive. Staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. The menu was creative and food was tasty and complex. We had a great time from the minute we walked in until the minute we paid the check. We ordered something from every part of the menu, cocktails, wine list, dessert and after dinner drinks. We arrived 15 minutes prior to our reservation and were seated immediately. It was a fun experience and I can't wait it return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attysshDined on 9/11/2014Always a great dining experience at Osteria Mozza! Tried the squid ink pasta (beware: it's cold but amazing!) for the first time along with other favorites like the mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the best!LissDavVIPDined on 9/9/2014This had to have been one of the best experiences we've had all year. Every bite was amazing. Mario took wonderful care of us. The Ricotta & Egg Raviolo (which a form of was just demonstrated on Masterchef) is our new favorite Primi. Love the cranberry relish in the Bufala Mozzarella. Can't say enough about this divine establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine by our rules!JSpaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Mario' and company's food is always good. I arrived as a party of 2 with our third 8 minutes in trail. Staff would not seat me, banished to the bar. Told, this is our "policy." Well my "policy" is that I'd like to sit at the table I reserved and order my first of 2 bottles of wine. Was particularly irritating since it was a Tuesday night and the place was enjoy. BTW the mark up on the wine list is steep..... say 5 time retail.Special Features:
- It's all about the food.BillDined on 9/7/2014Amazing food! Every course was outstanding. Of course the burrata was unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!welive2eatDined on 9/5/2014Fabulous menu, deep (and $$) wine list! A very inventive menu had our party of four struggling to make decisions about our meal! We finally figured it all out, with some helpful tips from our excellent server, and enjoyed every single bite. Definitely worth a trip, a wait, whatever. The bar was also busy, with diners as well as bar patrons. Only issues here were the noise level, which was at a pretty high buzz the whole time. I couldn't always hear everyone, and we were only a party of four. And one of us, who has spent many years working in restaurants and kitchens himself, was put off by a persistent smoky odor. Nevertheless, it was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's always Mozza.expectdelaysDined on 9/4/2014Having gone to the restaurant for years now, it remains one of the best higher-end options in all of Los Angeles. My wife and I reserve it for special occasions, and it never fails to impress. Even though the service was a little "off" this time around (had to wait an extra 15 minutes for our table, waiter was a little slow with the drinks), the food and atmosphere were stellar. I recommend going with family/friends who like to share food, because you're going to want to try everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MozzaMikeDined on 9/4/2014Osteria Mozza provided a great dining experience. Food was especially good, nice presentation, great flavors. Great service and overall ambiance.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantnewbyDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I and our two friends really enjoyed the food especially the dessert. The lamb chops are quite delicious as is the quail. We also had the Bombalino for dessert and can see why a lot of other people who have rated this restaurant always talk about the dessert.Special Features:
- Food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Highly recommended by my close friend, went there for our 23rd anniversary. We ordered more than enough to have fair evaluation but non of their dishes really hit our expectations. Sorry.Special Features:
- LA VistorBostonsuburbsVIPDined on 8/31/2014A friend of mine recommended Osteria Mozza and we were so glad we went. The menu is well laid out giving us a chance to choose a variety of items to share. The highlight was a delicate pasta dish with fresh corn which melted in your mouth. We also chose one of the Burrata options and the steak. Elegant but hip atmosphere with caring staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the foodmmonetDined on 8/29/2014Event though I made a reservation we had to wait for 35 min to be seated. I definitely would return to try more deserts, my favorite is bomboliny. Service was friendly and compromising.Special Features:
- Orchiette!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Best Orchiette with sausage was amazing! The caprese was perfect! The service was super! Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Segregation in FULL effectSegregationDined on 8/28/2014Let's just say that I have been to Osteria Mozza numerous times over the years and I must say that the service has definitely declined. Wait! Before we get in the whole service deal, let me start off with how we were segregated by race and was seated in the "Asian" section of the restaurant. Yes, you heard me right. SEGREGATED. I'm usually oblivious to such thing when I go to places but there was no doubt in my mind that it happened. If it wasn't for my bf's birthday, I would've definitely questioned the seating arrangement. One of the couples (non-Asian) even requested to be seated elsewhere and Osteria sat another Asian couple to the same table. I don't know Osteria, but seating FIVE Asian parties on the same side of the restaurant just dSpecial Features:
- Food was excellentluv2eatDined on 8/28/2014We had an excellent dinner, it was my sister Birthday and wanted to take her to Mozza for her special day, she loved it.Special Features:
- I don't get it.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014I love great food and enjoy event dining but either I went on an off night or it's the emperors new clothes.Special Features:
- Good food -service unspectacularalisonlaVIPDined on 8/25/2014We have been several times. The food was fine , the Burrata bar orders were great. Pasta was good -not as amazing as when they first opened. The waiter was nice , and prompt at first , but then got two big tables nearby & ignored us after that. I was not offered a second glass of wine & nobody checked on us after receiving our second courses. My friend who ordered the duck wasn't told that it came with nothing on the side -no vegetables or anything & no sides were suggested to be ordered. Disappointed in the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful evening good food attentive staff and interesting wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/23/2014kitchen was very slow; we waited 20 min from finishing our first course to the second course arriving at our table. coffee was never served w/our dessert and i noticed it happened to the table beside us
- Some slippage?JJEFFDined on 8/22/2014We've been here maybe 10-15 times and count Mozza among our top five in LA. Anniversary dinner on Friday night and something was off. 35 minute wait for a table despite arriving timely and then we were seated amidst two busing stations in the sort of antechamber and next to a gaggle of privileged teenage girls. Server and sommelier were characteristically excellent but one of our dishes (butter lettuce salad) failed to excite and a second (quail) just wasn't cooked and had to go back. We were surprised as all previous experiences have been near perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozza - a Safe Harbor for Fine FoodIntlFoodFanDined on 8/22/2014Mozza continues to provide its diners with delicious food, often innovative, accompanied by primarily Italian wines from a comprehensive and well-organized carta dei vini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but...WineandvistasVIPDined on 8/21/2014Surprisingly, during our meal the wait staff were engaged in personal conversations with each other, both behind us and in front of us. Far cry from the professionalsm we experiened at Spago. Also, it seemed like we waited a very long time to receive our first course (a cheese dish). This place just didn't seem to have that "something special" element about it, although the food was good.
- Not impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014It's so difficult to get a reservation here and once we finally dined here, I was not impressed. The food was very "meat-heavy" and the service was just okay. There is a central "mozzarella bar" where cooking takes place and the entire restaurant smelled like a greasy diner. While there was some talent coming out of the kitchen, it's not somewhere I'd return.Special Features:
- lifeisgoodDined on 8/18/2014Excellent food, great energy, good service....never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Mozza should be on the must list for every foodie in LA. The room is beautiful, the pasta melts in your mouth and the cheese course is a must! We had the caprese - amazing little fresh tomatoes from the garden, and buffalo mozzarella to die for!Special Features:
- Do not waste your money!kimikins25Dined on 8/17/2014Everything about this place leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The service was probably the worst I have ever experienced and the management seems to have no clue. Our meal lasted almost 3 hrs. and in that time we could not get waters refilled, drinks took over a half hour to come, They forgot dishes that we ordered and had a attitude when we said something & 2 of the dishes we ordered we actually inedible. A manager finally came over to try and right things but really it was 2 little 2 late.
- top 20 in Los AngeleswinendinemeDined on 8/17/2014I found this restaurant on a top 20 restaurant to try in Los Angeles. We were very impressed with the food, drinks, decor and staff. Our server was knowledgeable and had great recommendations. I would definitely recommend this place to someone visiting the LA region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculous wait...Jenni9733Dined on 8/17/2014Almost a 3 hours at dinner because there was such a ridiculous lag time between courses. Unacceptable. Would not return especially when the food was less than spectacular and the service is average at best. The restaurant was short staffed, was their excuse, but that's not my problem. For what is is, I think it's expensive and there is better food elsewhere in town for the price. The chairs are horribly uncomfortable!
- Jro6Dined on 8/17/2014The Saturday warm Mozzarella special is a must to order. It is warm, creamy on the inside topped with infused olive oil, leeks and garlic bread that is to die for. The pasta handmade dish are flavors are paired very well without overcomplicating the dishes. We ordered things to share. Without even asking our dishes were split up and served to us individually. The staff was extremely professional. If searching for a criticism it would be that the mozzarella dish with mint and artichokes was not as compelling as the others and that the wait staff could be more friendly. One does expect a certain decorum in fine dining, however the heart of this restaurant is the comfort food of Italy, which could be better emulated by the staff.Special Features:
- Good Quality, but needs updateFoodseekerDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to Osteria Mozza once a year for the past 4 years with the same group of friends. And all of us agree that the dessert and main dish has changed a whole lot. It needs some updating. The starter and mozzarella selection looks the same as well, but there are a lot of choices - it makes up 2 whole pages of selection. I would still recommend coming here for good atmosphere and service once you are at the table. I can't promise what kind of reception you will receive (my experience has varied from host to host).Special Features:
- Neighborhood stapleJginlaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Over and over again, OM wins. The food is delicious, service wonderful, ambience welcoming and the best drink ever (Gordon's Cup). We love it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverestimatedRaniaVIPDined on 8/12/2014We recently had a dinner at osteria mozza because we read great reviews ,but we were overall disappointed especially by the food . The food was just ok, nothing speciall and definitely not worthy of the 3 chefs that are related to the restaurant. The place was crowded and we had to wait at least 30 minutes to be seated. The service was good ,but at the end of the night the bill had many mistakes, which were corrected afterwards.
- Best Italian Ever!LuvGoodFoodDined on 8/10/2014My husband & I had the greatest evening at Osteria Mozza. The service & ambiance were perfect. Out meals were delicious. Every bite was incredible! Best Italian we have ever tasted! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodDrhyde00Dined on 8/10/2014First and foremost, the food here is amazing. We each started with an offering from the mozzarella bar as our appetizer (highly recommend the leeks vinaigrette). The pastas served as our main course. Cooked to perfection! The restaurant was a bit noisy, so dont go there for a quiet romantic evening.Special Features:
- Delish!aspenVIPDined on 8/9/2014It was a busy Saturday night, and although we had a bit of a wait and weren't seated until 30 minutes after our reservation time, our drinks at the bar were delicious and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. The duck was a major hit at our table as was the burrata, the prosciutto, the wine, the goat cheese pasta, and the short ribs. A warm environment and lively restaurant that feels more like New York than LA, which in this reviewers opinion is a huge compliment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salty and not goodmhksuccessDined on 8/9/2014I ordered the oxtail ragu for second course and was over salted than got the leg of lamb which was not edible was chewy and tasted like eating straight salt they took it back and gave me short rib which was super average. My wife got the duck was nothing special. The bill was high. The only thing good was my waiter when he had a minute to come to our table because they are understaffed. I will never go back too many good places to go and spend so much $.
- Consistently Great!NativeDined on 8/9/2014First review, after fourth dinner at Osteria Mozza. Warm and attentive service, high quality food expertly prepared and served in a fun and comfortable atmosphere. What more could you ask for? The main bar and dining room can be noisy on a busy night. We were seated in a room toward the back which was much quieter and allowed for easy conversation with our friends. If you're with a group, you may want to request a table at the back when making your reservation; otherwise the main dining room is fun and lively. I'm looking forward to going back here again soon!Special Features: