Osteria Morini - New York
218 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Osteria Morini - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamorini.com/
- Phone: 2129658777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5pm - 11:00pm; Thursday-Saturday: 5pm - 12:00am; Sunday 5pm - 11:00pm Interim Menu Served Everyday from 3:30 - 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael White
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: We are serving a 4-course pre fix menu for Monday February 13th and Tuesday February 14th in recognition of Valentine's Day. It is $75 per person with a choice of appetizer, pasta, entree, and dessert from our regular dinner menu. We will also be offering specials that can also be included in the price-fixed menu. We will not be offering an a la carte dinner menu on these dates.
A word from Osteria Morini - New York
Osteria Morini - New York is a authentic rustic Italian restaurant by acclaimed and award winning Chef Michael White and the Altamarea Group. In Italian, “osteria” means a place where the owner “hosts” guests, and at Osteria Morini - New York Chef White continues this tradition of hospitality, transforming his first downtown restaurant into an authentic, old-world osteria with soulful food from the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria Morini - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (144)neighborhood gem (108)good for groups (72)hot spot (54)special occasion (52)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (41)romantic (34)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (22)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Authentic Tuscan food!ChefInTemeculaDined on 10/15/2014Great food. A little loud for my taste. But I can definitely get past the noise to enjoy the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RafaelDined on 10/14/2014This is an outstanding Italian restaurant in SOHO. The Stracci and Torcia are exceptional.Special Features:
- great findmaganetVIPDined on 10/12/2014Loved this restaurant - great antipasti plates and pastas. Don't forget the tiramisu is just divine!Special Features:
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014we absolutely LOVED osteria morini!! service was fantastic and the food superb!! it made our 1 year anniversary that much more special :)Special Features:
- Best Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014did a few reviews of the restaurant so we tried three of their most recommended dishes - Polpettini, Cappelletti, and PetronianaThe Polpettini - meatballs - were to die for as was the Cappelletti, which my wife and I believe was the best Italian pasta we have ever eaten. The Petroniana (veal cutlets ) was large portion of veal perfectly prepared. The three dishes and two bourbons cost $98, a bargain for such a great meal wherever you are and a miracle in NYCSpecial Features:
- Must tryNYCvisitorVIPDined on 10/11/2014Really extraordinary food and very reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014After a first amazing visit here I found nothing to recommend this time. Very unhappy.
- Perfect PastasrichieDined on 10/10/2014Atmosphere and decor are a recreation of old time Italian restaurants. But the cooking is modern and excellent. We stuck to apps and pastas as our main courses due to a late lunch elsewhere so se did not sample the main courses but the house-made pastas were uniformly excellent and creative. Our server was well-informed and very helpful. We will be back to delve deeper into the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!NYCgirlVIPDined on 10/4/2014I recently came to Osteria Morini for dinner with my boyfriend. Upon entering, we were greeted and brought to our table. The table unfortunately was placed in front of the kitchen door.. We didn't exactly like the loudness and the people running in and out, so we asked a passing waitress if it was possible to be seated at another table. She went to ask the maitre d' who came over and told us we could be moved over to a quieter table. We thanked her and tried to explain the loudness and she kind of just responded with, "Okay." I thought that was a little rude, but regardless we liked our new table and, more importantly, the food was excellent. Our waitress could have been a little friendlier though. Like the maitre d', she was rude.Special Features:
- Great italianpokeyanneDined on 10/3/2014My friends treated me to Osteria Morini for my birthday and we had a great time. Our server was professional and helpful. The food was excellent. We shared the arugula salad and crostini and the seafood antipasto to start and we each had pasta dishes for main course that were delicious. We had red wine and some cocktails with dinner. Overall, it was a very nice experience and I highly recommend it if you're a fan of pasta and wine.Special Features:
- azucarDined on 10/2/2014The food was delicious! Wish I could have eaten more.Service was great. I will definitely be back. The atmosphere was great. - not too loud. It was very quaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great experienceevadivaDined on 9/29/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. I really appreciated the efforts made by the staff to accommodate my special requests made via open table. I was pleasantly surprised that we were not rushed either! I will definitely be going back. This is a great restaurant for so many different crowds like young professionals, couples, and older diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osterini Morini does not disappointwinelvrDined on 9/28/2014What can I say? This was our second meal here and it was just as good as the first. Service is wonderful - attentive and knowledgeable. We started with the "Mare", a marinated seafood salad that was delicious and generous enough to share. We followed with "Stracci", ribbon pasta covered in beautiful rich sauce full of mushroomy goodness! The pasta was fresh and melt-in-your-mouth. We followed that with the "Grigliata Mista di Carne". The selections on this plate were so diverse but equally delicious and prepared to perfection. We opted for a cheese as dessert and were not disappointed. Our waiter suggested a delicious wine that was well within our budget and they made sure our glasses were never empty! Fabulous meal, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E collect first visitnathbeckVIPDined on 9/27/2014First rate crostinis and 3 different excellent pasta with very nice service. Will add to our regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experiencefun2eatDined on 9/27/2014We had a 6 pm reservation on Saturday that we were running late for. Called ahead and the hostess said no problem, we'll hold your table. Arrived around 6:20 and seated immediately. Nice start. Our waitress Nicole came over, warmly greeted us, made some drink recommendations and told us to relax. It's getting better. We started with a cheese and meat platter, followed by calamari, grilled octopus and salad to share. While all were very good, the grilled octopus is probably the best I've had. The entrees were pasta and veal - incredible. Too bad we couldn't stay for dessert. The service and food make this the new favorite in Soho!Special Features:
- ExcellentSuseVIPDined on 9/26/2014We eat out often. This is the best fresh handmade pasta I have ever had. And the sauces were different than the normal Italian. Even though it was busy and loud our waiter was attentive friendly and helpful. Save room for the flavorful gelatos!Special Features:
- splendid dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Food was excellent. Decor was trendy. Ambiance was excellent. Not your typical Italian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceBobbyDined on 9/25/2014Food superb, wine list excellent, service attentive and very pleasant. We loved this spit.Special Features:
- DisappointedSweetbiteDined on 9/24/2014We had high hopes for this restaurant, and the service did not disappoint, but the gritty and old clams in our pasta con vongole (which we sent back), and the unevenly cooked pasta in the staff's highly recommended cappelletti were very disappointing. The tortellini in brodo were just plain tough. The brodetto was nicely presented(sans clams, per our informed request), and the shellfish therein were ok, but the broth did not excite. Fortunately, the selection of Italian wines (which we were able to taste before purchasing), and the focaccia, softened our annoyance at a distinctly disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Good food, good service...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I think I might have my expectations a little high - not completely wowed as I imagined I would have been after reading the reviews. That being said, food was good, the whole table enjoyed all of theirs. The service was very accommodating as one of our guests was very late. Overall very enjoyable but something was a little lacking.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJohnKVIPDined on 9/14/2014Osteria Morini is a great restaurant in the Soho neighborhood downtown New York. It was recommended by our hotel concierge and it certainly lived up to her description. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent food, Good service. A bit of sound proofing would make this a totally satisfying experienceSpecial Features:
- Swede2Dined on 9/10/2014This restaurant is a nice place to drop in when you're around Lafayette. Quick service, lots of people at the bar and good italian food. The wine list was long and we Lazio we picked was excellent with our food.Special Features:
- Great food, service needs a wake upSteakloverDined on 9/8/2014The menu offers fun variety and great portions to try many things for sharing. I loved the trout crostini, the antica Ragu and the peppers and onions were delicious. The service was slow. Even though we made a reservation we were immediately seated by the bathroom. I was so offended as the restaurant was 50% empty at 7 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 9/6/2014Food was very good, menu had many choices to suit any mood (as long as you're up for Italian, and if you've chosen this place, you are) and there were choices at several price points. However, I guess we're not used to NY portions and prices. At a similar type resto here in Boston, my partner and I can share a salad, pasta and main, and leave quite satisfied. We ordered a bit more than that here, and left eager for dessert. Food was very good, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLoverVIPDined on 9/6/2014Brunch was a very specific menu, make sure to check it out before arriving.
- great italianNatashaDined on 9/6/2014wonderful Italian food, straight ahead, you get what you order, no nonsense. Quite possibly the best prosciutto I have ever had, and that includes in Italy!Special Features:
- My favorite Restaurant in NYCerniezapDined on 9/2/2014I love the place, everyone is very nice and good service. The food? Well, you could be sitting in a restaurant in Emilia-Romagna! Great!Special Features:
- Pasta from HeavenchillgunasDined on 9/1/2014Maybe the best pasta I've ever had. It was utterly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodFrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Michael White's hand is evident on the menu and on the plate. Delicious meal, great evening. We enjoyed macaroni with pork sausage and kale, fish stew and veal. Would go back in a heart beat.Special Features:
- MichaelVIPDined on 8/29/2014I love this place. Great food, great service. Really nice people that want to please. Going back next week so we can introduce to some friends.Special Features:
- MandBVIPDined on 8/28/2014We shared 3 crostini -- all of which were excellent -- and 3 from the meat/cheese selection -- all of those excellent as well. In particular, the parmagiano "gelato" was fabulous as was the Squacquerone cheese (complemented by wonderful bread. These six dishes were rich, filling and delicious, leaving room only to share a pasta dish -- also amazingly delicious. Can't wait to go back to taste some more amazing dishes. We've had Lambrusco several times before and hadn't particularly liked them, but since this is a specialty of Osteria Morini we tried again and order the special of the day thanks to the suggestion of our waiter -- it was great!Special Features:
- GreatST13VIPDined on 8/27/2014Just all around good italian food. Not fancy, but everything was on point, tasted great even after accommodating gluten allergies. would def go backSpecial Features:
- DottyMDined on 8/26/2014I was excited to bring a friend from out of town. based on the reviews . Was expecting higher level of food quality for the hype. food was okay and the plates themselves for dinner were small kind of felt like we were out for lunch the meatball app was just okay. was hoping for AMAZING FRESH PASTA but instead mine was ok but nothing special when leaving at 730.. the bar looked fun ,suggest for two people go eat at the bar... as it was this casual kind of rest. think I would have enjoyed it more if we sat at the bar and ate..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodFoodFanDined on 8/25/2014The food was incredible, the ambiance was vibrant - a fantastic restaurant, the only drawback is that the waiters try to rush you out in order to turn over the table and that's a turn off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014I do not live in NY, but every time I visit, this is the restaurant I want to go to. I will eat all the cheese they have to offer! The entrees are excellent. My favorite is the polletto. The best restaurant in New York!Special Features:
- Yummy but stuffyFoodieDeeNYCVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was really good, however the portions were pretty small. Wouldn't recommend if you're looking for an Italian restaurant with large bowls of pasta. The hostess was also pretty rude. She gave us a hard time when we were waiting in the bar area. Everywhere we tried to find room to stand she said we needed to move -- the bar area is way to small I guess... Overall the pastas were delicious. We cleaned our plates (although as I mentioned, the portions are pretty small). I might go back, maybe with a date instead of a group of friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014fun. great food. excellent service. bread and butter was amazing.Special Features:
- A must go...SFEaterDined on 8/22/2014Back in town and first thing, headed straight to OM for dinner. Brought coworker from Nashville....loved it as well. Relaxed atmosphere with folks from all ages and neighborhoods. Consistently good!Special Features:
- Consistently good food.msbnyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Osteria Morini has one of the best pasta dishes in New York City: garganelli with peas, prosciutto & truffle butter. Their lasagnetti is also a beautiful dish. Meatballs and calamari are a must for starters. I love this place for brunch and for dinner. Have not had a single disappointing dish here. Fantastic food & great location & good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.