Osteria Morini - New Jersey
107 Morristown Road (Route 202 N)
Bernardsville, NJ 07924Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Osteria Morini - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamorininj.com/
- Phone: (908) 221-0040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Knevals
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pretty much anything that the guest would imagine; from only food to a full event outdoor, to a special meal cooked by Chef in your own home.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer semi-private parties during the week and private parties on the weekends for lunch. We also offer full buyouts of the restaurant. In addition, contact Francois for any catering inquires.
- Private Party Contact: Gerardo Giorgio 9082210040x
A word from Osteria Morini - New Jersey
Osteria Morini, first introduced in 2010 to New York’s Soho neighborhood, was conceived from Chef Michael White’s dream to bring the same soulful cuisine and convivial spirit of Italy’s Emilia-Romagna region to the United States. After making our original home in Soho, in downtown Manhattan we thought it was time to share the love with the Garden State. Chef Michael White and the Altamarea Group have always made a commitment to bring top quality food from New York to New Jersey. That commitment has been reaffirmed by bringing the highly acclaimed Soho restaurant, Osteria Morini, to Bernardsville, New Jersey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria Morini - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (13)great for lunch (11)romantic (6)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Very nice.collegetuitionDined on 11/11/2014First time that I had been here. Excellent service. Good menu. Food quality consistently excellent. On this night, I was in the mood for their spinach lasagna. It was done perfectly. It was light in texture, with a perfect balance of pasta with the other ingredients. Not heavy at all. Cooked perfectly and excellent portion size (not too big or small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Lunch at Osteria MoriniOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/9/2014Four of went for lunch/brunch on Sunday 11/9/14. The ladies had Frittata's and the gentlemen had pasta weeds with a sausage ragu. Fantastic. The brunch table for $15 per person had a really interesting selection of breads, meats and cheeses, fruit etc. Great choice for lunch. Looked at the dinner menu and it also had some tempting dishes. Will try dinner in the future.Special Features:
- Worth the searchJoeyBagadonuts49Dined on 10/30/2014First time diners. This was a fall back restaurant when our 1st choice was booked up. It should have been our 1st! A classic Italian eatery; warm, relaxed and easy going. The wait staff was attentive, knowledgeable and, in our case, patient. The 3 course Porchetta special was fantastic! The Prosciutto/Mortadella meatballs (appetizer) would make any Italian grandmother cry; they were THAT good. The portions were perfect. We left quite satisfied but not, ...well, you know what happens with Italian food, particularly good pasta... Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. The wine helped inflate the bottom line a bit. Definitely worth the effort to find it. We will most assuredly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014Great place for lunch, very quite and the chef special was a pasta with butternut squash it was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBedford4eDined on 10/19/2014While it is difficult to find this eatery the first time (hidden behind a pharmacy) it is well wort the exploration. The highly recommended meatball appy meatball appy met expectations (and the sauce was very tasty) and the assortment of pastas our table ordered were fantastic! The fish and short rib entrees were terrific ! Now the crispy veal cutlet was a disappointment. The veal itself was pounded thin and tender but it didn't look nor taste crispy and the parm topping needed another minute under the broiler. Visually, the dish looked awful. The underlying greens were fresh and not over cooked. So overall very goodSpecial Features:
- A safe betNocookingplzDined on 10/16/2014Usually good food and service. A casual place nearby that is very reliable when it comes to food and service. The cheese and salami sampler is a very good deal.Special Features:
- Disappointed!debbieVIPDined on 10/16/2014The name "Michael White" brought me here, but will not bring me back. I have eaten at all of his NY restaurants, but this one is not even close to my other dining experiences. Inexperienced waiter who was unfamiliar with the menu. His lack of experience was evident. The "crispy" veal was awful - tough and chewy veal, and the congealed slice of cheese on top was very unappealing. It also rendered the veal anything but "crispy". Physically the room has a rustic, casual appeal, but the service and food were a turn off for me.
- Osteria Morini...a must dineBigLouDined on 9/25/2014Wine list was fantastic and the service was very knowledgeable and attentive. Special requests were honored and very well prepared. I entertained clients, but would come back personally to have dinner with family or friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fdbmadisonDined on 9/14/2014We were a family group celebrating our 60th anniversary. We dined late afternoon on Sunday. All were pleased.Special Features:
- Don't sit near the kitchenFionaNJDined on 9/5/2014For a recent late-summer lunch, although there were many empty tables, we were seated near the open kitchen. The noise from (presumably) the ventilating system was so loud we could barely hear each other speak. On the way out, we noted that the noise was much less obnoxious closer to the door. Other than that and less-than-attentive service, the place is very nice--homey country Italian decor and very imaginative menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic!drCC2VIPDined on 8/31/2014If you are Italian and understand authentic cuisine, this is it! The staff is incredible. The best service around. Top that with excellent food and an incredible wine list - you have a gem of a restaurant! Highly recommended!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendFood4thoughtDined on 8/27/2014We have dined often at Osteria Morini and it never disappoints. We enjoy the chef's seasonal specials, but often turn to our old favorites. Dishes to be sampled include the meatballs, pasta bolanase(spelling?) and other made on site pastas. The manager and wait staff are exceptional! We highly recommend Osteria Morini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BJMADined on 8/24/2014We received a gift certificate over a year ago and finally got a chance to go. I have been unable to get a reservation on a Friday or Saturday night, so went on a Sunday evening. I guess this speaks to the popularity of the restaurant. I was hoping for outdoor seating as it was a beautiful day, but there wasn’t any. No big deal though as the restaurant is very casual and nice. Both the food and service were excellent and we will definitely go back when we get a chance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLchiafulloVIPDined on 8/24/2014Stopped in for a quick lunch, not knowing beforehand that they were actually open for lunch. I had a great meal (rigatoni with a deconstructed carbonara sauce), and the service was terrific. Was not very crowded, so chef provided a complimentary board of meats, fresh parmigiano, some crostini, etc. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey but goodRitzVIPDined on 8/10/2014Food is overall good. Nothing over the top but good for a casual dinner close to home. Service is prompt and attentive. I would go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the pasta hereKellyIVIPDined on 7/24/2014It is great to find a place that takes care to give each dish it's own personality instead of smothering everything in red sauce. If you want an amazing experience, order the pasta sampler and try three favorites. Also a great wine list.Special Features:
- The following 301 reviews are from the Osteria Morini - New Jersey reviews archive.
- Fresh Yet NostalgicSofieDined on 7/20/2014You won me with your Lasagna: made the way I remember having it when I went to Italy. Some people might get annoyed that the dishes are labeled in Italian, but when they have a taste they'll know it's fresh and authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta DishesRobinDined on 7/17/2014Past Sampler is great for group dining or if you'd like to try a variety of the pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LillyDined on 7/13/2014It was a great branch, excellent food, good services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulJMac17Dined on 7/10/2014We are never disappointed by the food and service at Osteria Morini. The dishes are basic, simple and delicious, with fresh, top quality ingredients expertly prepared. The wine list is very good. The service is courteous and friendly. We enjoyed the mussels/clams appetizer, the Branzino (EXCELLENT!), the swordfish and the lamb. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentBillBVIPDined on 6/26/2014This is my 5th visit and again the meal and service was excellent. To start, the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese plate was a good portion and very very good. I went with a pasta this time and the SPAGHETTI ALLA VONGOLE was very tasty. Not an over-sized portion but it allows room for dessert!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expectedMikeFVIPDined on 6/15/2014Very good food......average service......small place......very open......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014The pasta and entrees and salads were excellent. My daughter and I spit the Tomahawk Ribeye which was very good. The pastas were amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS EXCELLENT!TomKVIPDined on 5/22/2014Osteria never disappoints. Vibrant atmosphere, excellent food, and consistently great service. Certainly one of the top restaurants in Northern New Jersey.Special Features:
- Fabulous Mother's Day BrunchAndersonValleyDined on 5/11/2014This our best brunch ever! The entrees and desert were great, but the "table" was out of this world with fresh oysters, clams, tuna, squid, smoked salmon,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Sunday Brunch!hungrybikersDined on 5/4/2014Upon recommmendations from friends, we tried the Sunday Brunch after church and LOVED IT! Excellent buffet selection for only $10.00! We had great service and left feeling satisfied and full of healthy food! We will definitely return for brunch, lunch or dinner soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemBbdjjdVIPDined on 4/28/2014Heard about this place from a friend, and since we were in the neighborhood, we tried it. We found it to have a nice decor, good service and yummy food. The pastas were very fresh and tasty, as were the salads. We had the butter lettuce, and the daily special salad, both of which were two of the best salads we have had in a while. would tell anyone to come and try this spot.Special Features:
- Authentic "taste" of Emilia-RomagnaEDUARDO44Dined on 4/27/2014Having lived in Bologna for several years ...This is the only restaurant in NJ that for me truly captures some of the Authentic cuisine and flavors of the remarkable "Emilia" region. Osteria Morini typifies the Emilia-Romagna cuisine ..."Symphonies of flavor that will explode on your palate" Signiore Lambertini (Restaurateur, Bologna). Chef White and his team have brought a credible "taste" of this tradition to NJ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentCyreneDined on 4/20/2014I have had lunch and dinner at Osteria Morini in Soho numerous times and dined at Marea in Manhattan. I have a reservation for Ristorante Morini in NYC because I'm such a big fan of Michael White. So taking my mother, who lives in NJ, to Osteria Morini in NJ for Easter brunch was a natural choice but a major disappointment. Pasta was overcooked and I had to add salt to give the dish some flavor. A sausage patty was undercooked and when returned came back rare inside although blackened on the outside. My mother is a connoisseur of tiramisu and found hers unsatisfactory. The cappuccino tasted like milk with a dash of coffee. Service, however, was good and the waiter didn't charge for the sausage because it went uneaten. Won't return
- Overpriced...even for BernardsvilleaDubDined on 4/13/2014Bad service, cant understand "Hispanic" staff...nothing Italian about this place
- A little gem in an odd spotJenGCDined on 4/2/2014Next to a CVS, you would never know that they had a great wine list and yummy food. We had a cheese/meat/veg app and I had pasta for dinner. Took my team out to a nice dinner and we had a lovely time. The service took a little time. While we ordered bottled still water, they refilled us with tap w/o asking. Not a big deal, but it's the little things. Like I said - very nice place and good food. I like little surprises like that in odd locations. This place met that.Special Features:
- Over the river and through the woodlilchezyDined on 3/14/2014The trip from Summit is soooo worth the yummiest meatballs I've ever had. The food is lovely and not fussy. The service is very friendly and appropriate. Great spot.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in New JerseyNAB12Dined on 3/9/2014Osteria Morini is hands down the best restaurant in New Jersey! We had the best meal ever and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Energetictodie4VIPDined on 3/6/2014Outstanding energy...and Michael White's menu plus Kevin's cooking/execution make for a five-star experience every time. Three different pastas, shrimp and tomato, gnocci with butternut squash and sage brown butter sauce and sauusage "weeds", oh and finish with the simplest, but oh so wonderful, vanilla gealto with hot espresso poured over top!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch delightPaulDined on 3/2/2014Meeting several friends, the restaurant was happy to put together a large table, give us all the time we needed They created share plates for all the desserts, filled water twice as often as they asked about drink refills. Very agreeable in every respectSpecial Features:
- Consistent and specialdnamomVIPDined on 2/18/2014Fantastic food, great vibe and special team. Never a bad meal or experience. Bravo. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperienceTomKVIPDined on 2/16/2014Osteria never disappoints - consistently very good food and nice service, in a upbeat and attractive atmosphere. One of our very favorite restaurants in northern New Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide Range of ChoicesSuperBowlDinerDined on 2/2/2014Wonderful time to be at this restaurant - Super Bowl gametime, so noise level down. Very easy to converse with fellow diners and staff. Choices for everything from first to last course diverse - all were good. Wine list good, but initial choice was unavailable. Price is high, but food measures up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchChristopherDined on 1/31/2014Excellent business lunch on Friday! Food and service were excellent... I will be going back for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delizioso!JavaDasherDined on 1/27/2014Dinner for two - opted to split a pasta as the appetizer. Ordered the Garganelli, based on another reviewer's comments. It was fantastic - truffle butter, mushrooms, and prosciutto really jazz up the penne pasta. For the main course, chose the Branzino and the Salmone. Both were prepared and presented exceptionally well, tasty, and the accompanying sides perfecty matched the fish. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.