Osteria Morini DC
301 Water Street SE
Washington, DC 20003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Osteria Morini DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteriamorini.com/
- Phone: 2024840660x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30am-3pm
Dinner: Sunday 5pm-9pm
Monday through Thursday 5pm-10pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm-11pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-2:30pm
Happy Hour at the bar: Monday through Friday 4pm-7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Adler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Osteria Morini DC
Osteria Morini pays homage to the casual and rustic cuisine and ambiance of the Emilia-Romagna region of Northern Italy. Osteria Morini is a casual Italian restaurant from Chef Michael White. In Italian, “osteria” means a place where the owner “hosts” guests, and at Osteria Morini, Chef White continues this tradition of hospitality, transforming his first Washington, D.C. restaurant into an authentic, old-world osteria with soulful food from the Emilia-Romagna region of Northern Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Osteria Morini DC - Best Restaurants in Navy Yard ›
Osteria Morini DC reviews from OpenTable diners
296 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (210)scenic view (185)fit for foodies (167)neighborhood gem (112)special occasion (110)romantic (73)good for groups (72)great for lunch (65)notable wine list (64)hot spot (53)great for brunch (47)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Super brunchPleasedVIPDined on 9/21/2014Excellent place for Sunday brunch. Great view of the river, efficient service, and wonderful food. The ricotta pancakes are sensational - a "must have."Special Features:
- Second time isn't a charmOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014I went to Morini when it first opened and had a memorable meal that had me sending colleagues and friends down to the Navy Yard for dinner. I was thrilled when friends suggested going on a Tuesday night. The food was still very good, but the service was lack luster, at best, and given that there was almost no one there, it was surprising. One thing that I thought was a nice touch on my first outing was how they handled leftovers. Once they left the table they went to the coat check. I was given a tag to claim them at the end of the evening. No so this time. They have the food down and a location that is great . . . don't forget the service!Special Features:
- Tasted like ItalySeeFoodDietDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I were looking for a place to go for a bite after the Nats game to celebrate our anniversary. I was intrigued by the look of the food in the photos on their website. It looked like dishes you'd actually get in Italy. Sure enough, the food actually tasted like something you'd get in Italy. Seriously, the tagliatelle brought me right back to my childhood summers spent in Europe. I would go back in a heart beat for the food. The only thing I wasn't happy about was having to wait even though we made a reservation. That is a huge pet peeve of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southernfoodiesVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had decent food for our group of six: good steak, lasagne was so-so, delicious capelletti, fantastic grilled asparagus. The service was SLOW, because it was a post-game Nats crowd. Our water was refilled once. It was a long time until the first course came, and a long time to wait for the main course. I loved this place last time we dined, but it will be a while until we come back.Special Features:
- Always Excellent!AlexfoodieDined on 9/9/2014Without a doubt, one of the best dining experiences I've had in DC! Attentive service and perfectly prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, needs some workNeighborVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food was very good, however the service was slow and inattentive. We had to ask for our waiter to order drinks, then to get our drinks, then to order our food...and the restaurant was not crowded. Either the bar and kitchen are too slow or there is not enough staff, or both. These are things that can be fixed, and I hope they will work on it. The location is great, with views of the Anacostia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and delightfulrk6901Dined on 9/7/2014I don't usually go Italian for brunch, but this was the perfect place. Happened in on the most beautiful day, so the usually gorgeous view was stunning. Good bloody marys. Nice option for mimosas - buy a bottle of prosecco, mix and match small carafes of juices. A-mazing ricotta pancakes. And my friends' picks seemed equally delicious.Special Features:
- Food, Italian; Ambiance, NOTIlCuocoDined on 9/6/2014While both antipasti and pietanze are acceptable recreations of Italian standards, the noise level in the restaurant detracts from an Italian dining experience. The branzino was delicious, the brodetto outstanding. The prosecco-enhanced sorbetto to is far below the Italian standard. Evenings here, based on two visits, are more the US bar, happy-hour scene than the typical Italian osteria. (For the past fifteen years, I have spent about half the year in Italy and have a pretty good feel for Italian dining from the top to bottom of the Boot.) Don't go if you want to have a quiet, conversational evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningSammyDVIPDined on 9/3/2014My husband and I took my mom, who was visiting, out to dinner here for our special night out. The experience was lovely. We sat outside overlooking the Yards Park and the Anacostia River - for those who haven't yet visited that beautiful area - it's time to make the trip. And with places like Osteria Morini to enjoy a lovely meal at, it's a wonderful way to spend an evening and sunset. Everything we ordered was divine, from the trio of crostini spreads to the shared pastas and mixed grill - we will definitely be going back for other special occasions.Special Features:
- Don't miss the ricotta pancakesSuitelifeVIPDined on 8/31/2014Returned to OM for a second visit, this time it was brunch, after having a delightful lunch here in March 2014. Ricotta pancakes with homemade raspberry jam is what you should order. Very moist. No syrup needed!! The four of us also shared a quite nice pastry basket. Great view of the Anacostia River. Recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014as usual the food was fabulous. the lasagna was spectacular -- light and the thinnest pasta sheets imaginable. the bass special with summer tomatoes and vinaigrette and chilis was amazing. so were the short ribs. and the chocolate budino with salted caramel was wonderful.Special Features:
- Good food/setting/attentive staffG2G8RDined on 8/29/2014We scored - great location for an outdoor concert on the Potomac - made for an exceptional experience. Somewhat pricey yet our dishes were quite well prepared. Our wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable of the menu items - therefore quite helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and location.DCDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Morini has one of the best locations in the city for outdoor dining, on the Anacostia at Yards Park. Dinner for two at sun down was a wonderful way to try Morini, especially when a band was playing in the park. We split 5 dishes, all very good. Recommend the grilled octopus with lentils and fish special,of the day. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Capitol Riverfront GemAnItalianExperienceDined on 8/29/2014The ambiance is amazing! The food is authentic and scrumptious!!Special Features:
- Delicious pastakylebutlerDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I went to Osteria Morini for dinner and we each had a pasta dish. They were both terrific, nice and fresh and flavorful.Special Features:
- Great Food, Better Service NeededJLS46VIPDined on 8/27/2014This place has an excellent menu, and while not every dish delivered, several of them were fantastic. Unfortunately the service was lackluster. The staff did not seem very experienced or professional, and was not nearly attentive enough. While they were friendly, they did not seem particularly concerned about our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!DCdinerDined on 8/27/2014We have been looking forward to trying Osteria Morini for a while one and chose to go there for my husband's birthday. The service was slow and lacked attention. The food was mediocre at best. I had the Bronzino. It was dry and tasteless. The gnocchi that my husband ordered was hard and also lacked flavor. Others in our party were also unimpressed with their choices. So sadly, this restaurant just did not live up to the hype. There are many great restaurants in DC. Unfortunately, Osterio Morini is not one of them. We will not be back!
- Idyllic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We ate outside, and everything was perfect: the view, the food, the ambiance. The service was slow, though there were few people there. It's a large restaurant and there's music playing, so it can be noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, erratic serviceCjurgVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent. Server recommended an excellent white wine to start. And our party very much enjoyed the burrata and octopus starters and the pasta special. Service was very friendly, but erratic. Took more than an hour to order. then we had very long waits followed by a rush of courses, clearing one course before we were done eating it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Our family of four adults loved our evening. The Sommelier and wait staff were wonderfully attentive without smothering. All dishes were delicious (and beyond), and they easily accommodated the vegetarians among us. One of the best run restaurants we've experienced in recent memory.Special Features:
- HalMcDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful restaurant with outstanding food and well informed server. Very pleasant atmosphere. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotDerhoffVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our monthly lunch group of judges and lawyers enjoyed a very pleasant lunch. We enjoyed the paninis and I especially liked the delightful insalata mista. Service was fine and probably because of weather, the restaurant had a fairly small number of diners at lunch that day, so it was not noisy. All in all, a very fine occasion and our group agreed that it was an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Great lunch time venue!LunchnVegasVIPDined on 8/21/2014Fitatta and grilled veggie chibatta to share; a perfect light lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting, good foodUnderwhelmedOnHDined on 8/20/2014I would definitely go back to Morini, if for nothing else but the atmosphere. The large windows opening onto the waterfront and the high ceiling are complimented by an intrinsic warmth. The food was good, though not mindblowing - but it is nice to have a decent new Italian place in the District. The burrata was delicious, and I enjoyed my gnocchi. I think my review would have been more positive had our service been better - the manager was a little brusque and our server seemed rushed and mostly inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealPaterFamiliasVIPDined on 8/20/2014Excellent throughout. From antipasta to desserts, the quality was high.Special Features:
- A-1 Return VisitStillwantNYCstyledeliVIPDined on 8/20/2014After having lunch here in April, I brought back 5 friends to check out the waterfront area (Washington Navy Yard) and try out Osteria Morini. Food was excellent. We especially liked the bruschetta with their "famous" parmigiana "gelato", smoked trout and beet "spreads". We has to ask for extra bread to eat up all the spreads...which we did not want to leave! Desserts were delicious...lemon meringue pie, tiramisu, and chocolate budino...all were inventive presentations and delicious (the 6 of us split them with an amply sized bite for each of us). I'm even more impressed by the service in part because I got confused & left two tips (cash & charge). I called the next day & the manager made it very easy for me to cancel the charged tip.Special Features:
- Run - don't walkUnusualVIPDined on 8/19/2014Stellar service. Insanely creative and hand made food that exemplifies outstanding culinary standards and skills! Everyone here is on their game and very welcoming! This quiet neighborhood place will soon be as packed as Mintwood! Get in while you can and get to know the staff and heavenly plates that this kitchen is creating because if you miss this.... your friends will leave you and make their own way there!Special Features:
- Nice option in SESpaGirl54VIPDined on 8/19/2014The kale salad is excellent. Large tender leaves, prosciutto and pecorino cheese. Large portions tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osterio Morini for weekend brunchfoodieatheartDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant has a good selection of salads, paninni breakfast items and appetizers. Everything was good and fresh. Service was a little slow and the restaurant was not crowded. The hostess noticed us sitting for a while and offered to bring some bread. Pork loin panino was very good and the panzanella salad was also very good. We skipped dessert but noticed several folks ordering the trio of ice cream or sorbets. The view of the river is lovely and the restaurant has a young fresh vibe.Special Features:
- Brunch Gem in The YardsEnjoyLexFoodDined on 8/17/2014Osteria Morini is a gem among the The Yards new restaurant scene. The brunch menu is small but enticing, eliciting difficult choices among the appetizers, Panini and pastas. The Bloody Mare is exceptional and the Battilardo Di Affettati (Cured meat and cheese board) a treat (let the chef choose). The view of The Yards Park and Anacostia River is perfect for Sunday brunch. Try the pasta, the Panini, the pastry basket, the deserts... try whatever peaks your interest. All our food was delicious and the service impeccable. We are going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EyetalianConsigliareVIPDined on 8/17/2014Seems to be a miss match between what this place is trying to be - No sense of Italian cooking or ambiance. Playing American, 60's R&B, open "sports bar" with TVs, Just because they call it Italian doesn't make it so. Unfortunately just another, wooden table, loud, somewhat pricey, place serving same food with different names. How does a grilled ham and cheese become "porchetta panino"? How does kale, prosciutto, with a bit of goat cheese become "panzanella"? No resemblance other than toasted bread. The staff seems somewhere between bored and grumpy.Special Features:
- Amazing Italian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Definitely coming back to this restaurant! One of the best Italian restaurants I've been to including restaurants in Florence, Rome and Venice. We ordered grilled octopus and meatballs as appetizers and meat ragu tagliatelle pasta and grilled sea bass as our main entres. Just amazing! Highly recommend! Our server Nyema was awesome too. It's a bit pricey but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Beautiful view. Long windows overlooking the water. Front of restaurant freezing cold, back of the restaurant hot and stuffy. Lots of servers, but not great service. Took 40 minutes to get salad. Food forgettable.
- curtmanDined on 8/16/2014excellent dining experience, pasta dishes were delicious as was the rib-eye steak a unique and well priced wine listSpecial Features:
- Goes Perfectly with a Baseball GameGoyoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Osteria Morini is worth going out of your way for. The food is fantastic, the service good, and the outdoor dining area is as good as it gets. We have been a couple of times in conjunction with visits to Nationals Park, both before and after games, and it is a perfect accompaniment to such an outing. The food has been consistently excellent, from the plentiful meat & cheese platters, through excellent pasta dishes to grilled meat entrees. (we haven't yet had room for dessert.) One thing that I would advise is to not wait for next time to try an enticing dish as the menu changes.Special Features:
- Probably the best Italian in townjejimelDined on 8/15/2014Amazing food! We only had the pasta but it was totally worth it. It The was perfectly cooked al dente. I loved it when we asked for extra cheese and they brought us all the types Macungie our dishes. The wine selection is quite extensive and a little overwhelming. The staff was very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodFanDined on 8/15/2014We ate outside on a Friday night, which meant that we got to hear the Friday night concert at Yards Park. So much fun!! The food was great and so was the selection!!Special Features:
- A beautiful evening....DFDCVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was excellent - starting with chacuterie and crostini and sharing a pasta (which was too much food but we didn't know). The prosciutto was especially good and the crostini subtle and flavorful. The pasta dish - with sea urchin - was perfectly prepared. The service was excellent, being outside on the water was lovely, just a beautiful evening... I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioLJoBeanDined on 8/14/2014I enjoyed a lovely dinner on the Osteria Morini patio the other night, we were a party of 6. The weather was perfect and the food and drink were quite tasty. The sommelier is extremely friendly and helpful and our server was equally accommodating to a large group who wanted to try everything on the menu. Great recommendations! Will definitely return here for a special night with friends, at least as long as the weather holds!Special Features:
- GaryDined on 8/14/2014Second time here and was wonderful both times. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.