Osteria Morini DC
301 Water Street SE
Washington, DC 20003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Osteria Morini DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteriamorini.com/
- Phone: 2024840660x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30am-3pm
Dinner: Sunday 5pm-9pm
Monday through Thursday 5pm-10pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm-11pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-2:30pm
Happy Hour at the bar: Monday through Friday 4pm-7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Adler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Osteria Morini DC
Osteria Morini pays homage to the casual and rustic cuisine and ambiance of the Emilia-Romagna region of Northern Italy. Osteria Morini is a casual Italian restaurant from Chef Michael White. In Italian, “osteria” means a place where the owner “hosts” guests, and at Osteria Morini, Chef White continues this tradition of hospitality, transforming his first Washington, D.C. restaurant into an authentic, old-world osteria with soulful food from the Emilia-Romagna region of Northern Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Osteria Morini DC - Best Restaurants in Navy Yard ›
Osteria Morini DC reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (208)scenic view (202)fit for foodies (169)neighborhood gem (113)special occasion (111)romantic (72)notable wine list (66)great for lunch (63)good for groups (62)great for brunch (51)hot spot (43)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Don't miss the ricotta pancakesSuitelifeVIPDined on 8/31/2014Returned to OM for a second visit, this time it was brunch, after having a delightful lunch here in March 2014. Ricotta pancakes with homemade raspberry jam is what you should order. Very moist. No syrup needed!! The four of us also shared a quite nice pastry basket. Great view of the Anacostia River. Recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014as usual the food was fabulous. the lasagna was spectacular -- light and the thinnest pasta sheets imaginable. the bass special with summer tomatoes and vinaigrette and chilis was amazing. so were the short ribs. and the chocolate budino with salted caramel was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great meal and location.DCDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Morini has one of the best locations in the city for outdoor dining, on the Anacostia at Yards Park. Dinner for two at sun down was a wonderful way to try Morini, especially when a band was playing in the park. We split 5 dishes, all very good. Recommend the grilled octopus with lentils and fish special,of the day. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Great Food, Better Service NeededJLS46VIPDined on 8/27/2014This place has an excellent menu, and while not every dish delivered, several of them were fantastic. Unfortunately the service was lackluster. The staff did not seem very experienced or professional, and was not nearly attentive enough. While they were friendly, they did not seem particularly concerned about our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!DCdinerDined on 8/27/2014We have been looking forward to trying Osteria Morini for a while one and chose to go there for my husband's birthday. The service was slow and lacked attention. The food was mediocre at best. I had the Bronzino. It was dry and tasteless. The gnocchi that my husband ordered was hard and also lacked flavor. Others in our party were also unimpressed with their choices. So sadly, this restaurant just did not live up to the hype. There are many great restaurants in DC. Unfortunately, Osterio Morini is not one of them. We will not be back!
- Idyllic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We ate outside, and everything was perfect: the view, the food, the ambiance. The service was slow, though there were few people there. It's a large restaurant and there's music playing, so it can be noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, erratic serviceCjurgVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent. Server recommended an excellent white wine to start. And our party very much enjoyed the burrata and octopus starters and the pasta special. Service was very friendly, but erratic. Took more than an hour to order. then we had very long waits followed by a rush of courses, clearing one course before we were done eating it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Our family of four adults loved our evening. The Sommelier and wait staff were wonderfully attentive without smothering. All dishes were delicious (and beyond), and they easily accommodated the vegetarians among us. One of the best run restaurants we've experienced in recent memory.Special Features:
- HalMcDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful restaurant with outstanding food and well informed server. Very pleasant atmosphere. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotDerhoffVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our monthly lunch group of judges and lawyers enjoyed a very pleasant lunch. We enjoyed the paninis and I especially liked the delightful insalata mista. Service was fine and probably because of weather, the restaurant had a fairly small number of diners at lunch that day, so it was not noisy. All in all, a very fine occasion and our group agreed that it was an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Great lunch time venue!LunchnVegasVIPDined on 8/21/2014Fitatta and grilled veggie chibatta to share; a perfect light lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting, good foodUnderwhelmedOnHDined on 8/20/2014I would definitely go back to Morini, if for nothing else but the atmosphere. The large windows opening onto the waterfront and the high ceiling are complimented by an intrinsic warmth. The food was good, though not mindblowing - but it is nice to have a decent new Italian place in the District. The burrata was delicious, and I enjoyed my gnocchi. I think my review would have been more positive had our service been better - the manager was a little brusque and our server seemed rushed and mostly inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealPaterFamiliasVIPDined on 8/20/2014Excellent throughout. From antipasta to desserts, the quality was high.Special Features:
- A-1 Return VisitStillwantNYCstyledeliVIPDined on 8/20/2014After having lunch here in April, I brought back 5 friends to check out the waterfront area (Washington Navy Yard) and try out Osteria Morini. Food was excellent. We especially liked the bruschetta with their "famous" parmigiana "gelato", smoked trout and beet "spreads". We has to ask for extra bread to eat up all the spreads...which we did not want to leave! Desserts were delicious...lemon meringue pie, tiramisu, and chocolate budino...all were inventive presentations and delicious (the 6 of us split them with an amply sized bite for each of us). I'm even more impressed by the service in part because I got confused & left two tips (cash & charge). I called the next day & the manager made it very easy for me to cancel the charged tip.Special Features:
- Run - don't walkUnusualVIPDined on 8/19/2014Stellar service. Insanely creative and hand made food that exemplifies outstanding culinary standards and skills! Everyone here is on their game and very welcoming! This quiet neighborhood place will soon be as packed as Mintwood! Get in while you can and get to know the staff and heavenly plates that this kitchen is creating because if you miss this.... your friends will leave you and make their own way there!Special Features:
- Nice option in SESpaGirl54VIPDined on 8/19/2014The kale salad is excellent. Large tender leaves, prosciutto and pecorino cheese. Large portions tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osterio Morini for weekend brunchfoodieatheartDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant has a good selection of salads, paninni breakfast items and appetizers. Everything was good and fresh. Service was a little slow and the restaurant was not crowded. The hostess noticed us sitting for a while and offered to bring some bread. Pork loin panino was very good and the panzanella salad was also very good. We skipped dessert but noticed several folks ordering the trio of ice cream or sorbets. The view of the river is lovely and the restaurant has a young fresh vibe.Special Features:
- Brunch Gem in The YardsEnjoyLexFoodDined on 8/17/2014Osteria Morini is a gem among the The Yards new restaurant scene. The brunch menu is small but enticing, eliciting difficult choices among the appetizers, Panini and pastas. The Bloody Mare is exceptional and the Battilardo Di Affettati (Cured meat and cheese board) a treat (let the chef choose). The view of The Yards Park and Anacostia River is perfect for Sunday brunch. Try the pasta, the Panini, the pastry basket, the deserts... try whatever peaks your interest. All our food was delicious and the service impeccable. We are going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EyetalianConsigliareVIPDined on 8/17/2014Seems to be a miss match between what this place is trying to be - No sense of Italian cooking or ambiance. Playing American, 60's R&B, open "sports bar" with TVs, Just because they call it Italian doesn't make it so. Unfortunately just another, wooden table, loud, somewhat pricey, place serving same food with different names. How does a grilled ham and cheese become "porchetta panino"? How does kale, prosciutto, with a bit of goat cheese become "panzanella"? No resemblance other than toasted bread. The staff seems somewhere between bored and grumpy.Special Features:
- Amazing Italian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Definitely coming back to this restaurant! One of the best Italian restaurants I've been to including restaurants in Florence, Rome and Venice. We ordered grilled octopus and meatballs as appetizers and meat ragu tagliatelle pasta and grilled sea bass as our main entres. Just amazing! Highly recommend! Our server Nyema was awesome too. It's a bit pricey but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Beautiful view. Long windows overlooking the water. Front of restaurant freezing cold, back of the restaurant hot and stuffy. Lots of servers, but not great service. Took 40 minutes to get salad. Food forgettable.
- curtmanDined on 8/16/2014excellent dining experience, pasta dishes were delicious as was the rib-eye steak a unique and well priced wine listSpecial Features:
- Goes Perfectly with a Baseball GameGoyoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Osteria Morini is worth going out of your way for. The food is fantastic, the service good, and the outdoor dining area is as good as it gets. We have been a couple of times in conjunction with visits to Nationals Park, both before and after games, and it is a perfect accompaniment to such an outing. The food has been consistently excellent, from the plentiful meat & cheese platters, through excellent pasta dishes to grilled meat entrees. (we haven't yet had room for dessert.) One thing that I would advise is to not wait for next time to try an enticing dish as the menu changes.Special Features:
- Probably the best Italian in townjejimelDined on 8/15/2014Amazing food! We only had the pasta but it was totally worth it. It The was perfectly cooked al dente. I loved it when we asked for extra cheese and they brought us all the types Macungie our dishes. The wine selection is quite extensive and a little overwhelming. The staff was very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodFanDined on 8/15/2014We ate outside on a Friday night, which meant that we got to hear the Friday night concert at Yards Park. So much fun!! The food was great and so was the selection!!Special Features:
- A beautiful evening....DFDCVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was excellent - starting with chacuterie and crostini and sharing a pasta (which was too much food but we didn't know). The prosciutto was especially good and the crostini subtle and flavorful. The pasta dish - with sea urchin - was perfectly prepared. The service was excellent, being outside on the water was lovely, just a beautiful evening... I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioLJoBeanDined on 8/14/2014I enjoyed a lovely dinner on the Osteria Morini patio the other night, we were a party of 6. The weather was perfect and the food and drink were quite tasty. The sommelier is extremely friendly and helpful and our server was equally accommodating to a large group who wanted to try everything on the menu. Great recommendations! Will definitely return here for a special night with friends, at least as long as the weather holds!Special Features:
- GaryDined on 8/14/2014Second time here and was wonderful both times. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost like ItalyKenC45Dined on 8/13/2014Having just returned from Naples and Rome, we used that experiences as a benchmark. The pasta Is just as good as anything we had on that trip. It was cooked just right, and did not drown in the sauce. The entrées were limited in scope. There could could have been more choices of fish and meat. The wine menu should've had a few more bottles that were more reasonably priced. We had to change our table from inside to outside, because the music was just too loud. Next time we will limit our dinner to salad and pasta, close our eyes, and pretend we are in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian foodJulieVIPDined on 8/13/2014The dishes here are yummy and inventive. Waterfront view is fantastic, too.Special Features:
- Superb. High marks for everything.Jim0924Dined on 8/12/2014Lovely glass-walled yet cozy restaurant with views of the Anacostia River. Nice even on a rainy day. My dining companion and I shared eight small dishes. We're sill thinking back fondly on the crostini trio, the gramigna, the gnocchi, and the polpettine. The casarecce nero was pretty amazing, too. You won't go wrong with any of them. The house wines are surprisingly good and well matched to the food. Couldn't eat much dessert after all that, but we did have two of the house-made sorbets, the strawberry prosecco and the blueberry limoncello, which were sublime. Both the waitress who served us and the Assistant Manager who stopped by the table later were friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Wonderful. Five stars across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morimiNickBDined on 8/11/2014Food was very good, service wad very good. Ambience was terrible, noise level was very high. Prices were high for what we got.Special Features:
- New York Transplant in SW DCDLR1VIPDined on 8/11/2014I had a RW lunch at Morini so the price was right and it was very quiet. I can't comment on the normal scene in the evenings at this restaurant. The food and service were both excellent. The standard dinner menu is quite pricey -- not suited for many unless sit is a special occasion. You could get a salad and pasta for a reasonable price from the dinner menu, but not a secundo/entree.Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotKTAnnDined on 8/10/2014I went for brunch with a small group and had a great time. They have three unique bloody marys to pick from along with a mini mimosa bar they can bring to your table. The charcuterie plate was wonderful and the ricotta pancakes were delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant for a lazy Sunday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbTommy13VIPDined on 8/4/2014My 3d visit in 2 months. It has become my favorite Italian restaurant. The food is delectable. The friend who I invited completely and thoroughly enjoyed the combinations, smells, and taste of our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- closeneighborDined on 8/4/2014Our lunch was terrific - Would be helpful to either add carpet or something to address sound problems maybe drappery in the ceiling. Food and service were excellent, very creative and a treat in a new section of DC. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- don't miss short ribs & budinoCaffaVIPDined on 8/2/2014had a lovely meal on Sat night for my birthday. don't miss the budino and short ribs, and the pasta is awesome too!
- Great FoodpopeyeDined on 8/2/2014We were going to a Nats game so had little time. The spuma de mortadella was delicious. Have to remember for next game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bountiful Brunch feeds the soulCarenVIPDined on 8/2/2014The poached egg dish was delicious, but STOP THE PRESS....the rustic hearty brunch cool entrée of smoked salmon, sliced fingerling potatoes, baby eggplants, sliced caper berries, purslane, wedges of soft boiled eggs and roe was hands down...the most gorgeous, tasty and memorable item we have had in a long long time. We became Michael White fans on trips to Manhattan...excited to see the restaurant as we are moving into the "hood". This was a good news follow up to an early dinner one evening. Also, don't dare miss the crostinis...you will be so so sorry. The smoked trout, beets and goat cheese and the Parmesan "gelato"...my mouth is watering and then rosemary crème fraiche, stracciatella, and sweet corn gelatos..a scoop of each...aaahhhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around good placeItalian4foodDined on 8/1/2014True northern Italian food and wine. Having spent time in the north I'm happy to have found a restaurant serving my wife's favorites. Fresh made pasta is always a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.