6361 Walker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamarzano.com/
- Phone: (703) 313-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Wednesday: 11 am to 10 pm
Thursday and Friday: 11 am to 11 pm
Saturday: 4pm to 11pm
Sundays: 4pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Carmine Marzano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will begin catering about one month after our opening day (mid July)! Please stay tuned for more details to come..
- Special Events: Osteria Marzano will be hosting many special events, whether its a celebrity appearance or live entertainment! There will not be any events scheduled until after our grand opening. All dates and events will be posted on our website.
- Public Transit: We are closest to the Springfield Metro Station (Blue line). There is a shuttle that runs between the metro station and Metro Park (our development), Monday through Friday, every 15 minutes. The closest bus stop to the restaurant is the one in front of the "6363 building," on Walker lane.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You are welcome to park on either the street or the covered parking garage directly behind our office building!
A word from Osteria Marzano
We invite you to taste the best that Italy has to offer! Watch our vibrant chefs create delicious meals made to order while enjoying warm, welcoming service in a comfortable, upscale, modern Italian setting that features a full dining room, extensive 40-seat bar area and outdoor patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Osteria Marzano - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Osteria Marzano reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (41)good for groups (22)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (18)romantic (18)great for lunch (14)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great Food and Nice DecorGordonGekkoVIPDined on 11/15/2014It's a bit tucked away near the Inova Healthplex business center area but it's a wonderful restaurant with sleek and modern decor. The food is very good with a good presentation. The skirt steak is delightful and savory. The salmon is also simply delectable. We will absolutely go back there and give the place high marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemgolferDined on 11/15/2014Word of mouth gets you here because you can't see it from the street and it is not advertised very well. Happy hour M-F is great with very good appetitizers and specials. Dinners on in the high moderate range, well presented, and very good. Seafood dishes are particularly done well. It must be doing something right, because it seems more crowded on each successive visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed and always leave satisified.IansladiessocialDined on 11/15/2014At times can be a bit a pricey, but always leave feeling it was worth it. Food is always good and enjoyable, as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodFoodieAtHeartDined on 11/8/2014The service was good but a little more attention would have been nice. The server did the best they could having so many large parties at once but that's what is expected on a Sat night. Food was good as well but nothing amazing for the price you pay. I had high hopes for this place but in the end prefer Bonefish or Walker's Grille.
- Awesome as alwaysDaveDined on 11/7/2014This is our favorite place in the DMV! It's like dining at grandmas. Except my gram never had Nutella Pizza!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlie62Dined on 11/1/2014We were most impressed with the excellent service and the Italian cuisine. This is our fourth time dining at Osteria Marzano, each time we dined here, we had an wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let location fool you!DCNativeinAlexVIPDined on 10/30/2014Don't miss this place just because this restaurant is in the ground floor of an off-the-beaten-path office building. This is some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Food to Die ForLizGVIPDined on 10/25/2014Carmine Marzano has got it happening at this place. I don't know how he manages to have such a big menu with so many well-done dishes. On our most recent visit, I had the seafood risotto, my husband had the quail. It was delicious. We have yet to have even a mediocre meal here. It is always outstanding. Don't miss the polpetta (meat balls) with ricotta cheese appetizer -- it is the best thing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Finally got to try this restaurant after receiving good recommendations from friends. The decor is very nice, although we went with a group and a round table would have been preferable for conversation rather than a long rectangular one. We were a bit surprised that a 20% tip was already added on, but the service was excellent. Next time I would order something different than the penne aka vodka or the meat filled ravioli, the pasta was good but I didn't like the flavor of the smoked salmon which was added. I felt it took away from the sauce, same for the meat filled ravioli. The tuna, salmon and oriata were enjoyed thoroughly by others. We will go again.Special Features:
- Memorable Anniversary DinnerDaveHDined on 10/20/2014Wonderful dinner for our 30th anniversary with great service by Mirasole and superb food. We loved the atmosphere and are excited to find a new special place to go for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!StargazerDined on 10/18/2014Tucked in a suburban office building is this wonderful restaurant. This was our second time there and it was again amazing. Italian done right!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in SpringfieldriomanDined on 10/12/2014The Osteria Marzano is one of my favorites. Try to avoid Friday or Saturday night as it does get crowded and a bit noisy. It has what a good restaurant should have: great service, great food, great specials. And it is close to my home. Be sure to call ahead to see if they have the "lobster ravioli". It is a special appetizer and is to die for. The tuna carpaccio is wonderful also. The entree specials vary. But try the scallop dishes and the sea bream if you get a chance. Everything is delightful. If you are alone and don't want a complete bottle of wine, get the "Bellini". It is made the correct way with peach nectar. A very good spot and highly recommended,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cena meravigliosa famigliaBimmertimVIPDined on 10/5/2014Our party of 8 (including toddler) could not have had a better time. We arrived in waves and kept early-arrivers happy with pizza and caprese. Even though there was a big party in the private room our service was attentive and quick. Our foodie family members raved about the risotto and homemade pasta. My veal chop was grilled just right and large enough for 2 and the Venison special was a huge hit. The bacon macaroni and cheese is about the best I have ever had and you will regret not trying it. Although not on the menu the chef whipped up amazing Rum Baba using his mother's recipe - this should totally be on the menu so ask for it if you go. All in all a memorable family dinner at a restaurant that knows the meaning of "Family".Special Features:
- Meatballs are the BEST!LizGVIPDined on 10/3/2014All of the food is great here...but the meatballs and ricotta cheese appetizer is one of the best things we've ever eaten anywhere. We order this as an appetizer to share every time we go here. All of the portions are large and delicious.Special Features:
- Vibrant setting...excellent foodRsquaredDined on 10/3/2014This was our first time to Osteria. We thought it would offer an intimate setting to celebrate our anniversary. Much to our surprise, it has a very vibrant atmosphere with excellent food. So, while it was a bit noisier than we expected, we'd still recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great DinnerJackDDined on 10/2/2014Thursday night @ 7 PM, quiet and not crowded. Service was excellent but not intrusive. Food and wine were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAnnieDined on 9/27/2014This place is FANTASTIC. The space is wonderful -- open, contemporary, elegant. The food is unbelievable. The VERY BEST in northern Virginia.Special Features:
- Great dinnertabrpDined on 9/26/2014So many neighbors had recommended Osteria Marzano that we finally tried it ourselves and were not disappointed. The food was delicious, the service prompt, and the server friendly but professional. I especially appreciated that the portion sizes were not huge but appropriate, I think, for the price. We had appetizers, salads, pasta, and dessert. We'll definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnersPutzeeDined on 9/24/2014On a drizzling Wednesday evening, Osteria Marzano was just the ticket to celebrate two September birthdays! Server Tara enticed us with divine specials, guided our wine and entrée selections superbly and was wonderfully attentive. Food selections were, as always, delicious and plentiful to the point of not allowing sufficient room for dessert. Another terrific dinner outing, suitable for birthday celebrations! We will be back :-)Special Features:
- Consistently goodPhilVIPDined on 9/20/2014We're eaten here a handful of times and the quality is always good. The only downside is it's a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Consistently greatEileenVIPDined on 9/13/2014We love eating here and bringing friends here. Wait staff is friendly and helpful and food and service are consistently greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We want to like this restaurantJKE9VIPDined on 9/12/2014With a lack of dining options in Springfield, we are tried to like this place. However, it has a way to go - specifically in the service department before I could recommend this place. We were brought two courses at the same time along with the bread and olive oil - the servers trying comically to fit everything on our tiny two-top and one with warts on his fingers touching the business end of my fork. We sat near the bar and the surly bar tender acted like we were completely putting him out with our request to change the channel on one if the TVs to the Nats game. Save the attitude! My husband had the gnocchi special -thought is was just OK (too much onion). I had the bronzino which was good, but the broccoli raab on the side was terrible.
- s.g.k. luvs omOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We love everything about this restaurant. It is our favorite for Italian cuisine. We have tried several different entrees and always been happy with our selections. The chefs' specials are always a good choice. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Cold foodCaptivaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been here many times, however, on Saturday night my husband and I both ordered the lasagna. It wasn't hot. We had to send it back to the kitchen to be heated up. This is usually not a problem in this restaurant. We were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a bargain!FoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Not easy to find but worth the trip. Excellent lunch for $10 plus tax and tip on special menu. Choice of Appetizer and entree...both good portions and flavorful. Ambience nice and service excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- LunchLive2eatVIPDined on 9/2/2014Lunch size portions were like dinner size, so order accordingly. Two of us split a salad to have with our entrees and still took a portion of our entrees home. However, the food did not disappoint! It was very quiet, but it may have been because it was during Labor Day week. I understand reservations are a must in the evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulRockfishFanDined on 8/26/2014We dined on the patio at dusk, which unlike the restaurant was quiet. Swordfish special was superb. Wine list is below the quality of the menu.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurprisePolohattDined on 8/20/2014This was the first time. I friend asked me to go there to try out a new place... I was not expecting much - the restaurant is not in a main area, in fact it's tucked away in an office/medical area. WOW was I surprised. From entering a beautifully appointed establishment, to a great menu with a very nice and approachable wine list, to very well done service. 4 out of 5 stars. Definitely going back! I had Chicken Picatta with a side of spaghetti - both were OUTSTANDING! Outdoor seating is available, as well as a fire place for cooler night dining. Definitely a MUST go! And I'll be returning often. See you there!Special Features:
- Great RecoveryDCN8tivVIPDined on 8/16/2014Sometimes it's important to acknowledge that sometimes something uncontrollable happens in the kitchen and the best way to judge the restaurant is by how they recover. Such was the case when we visited Osteria Marzano during Restaurant Week. Our meals arrived and were lovely in their presentation. My seafood dish was delicious, as always. My husband had ordered a steak salad which was lovely with perfectly cooked steak. But alas, that cut of steak can sometimes be a little chewy or tough and this one was. Even though the flavor was delicious, the server insisted that it be exchanged for another item. My husband said that the salmon replacement, personally (and quickly) delivered by the chef, was the best he ever had. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ItalianStargazerDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I decided to celebrate it being Friday by having lunch at Osteria Marzano. It is a sleekly styled restaurant in a large office park. There is definitely a European modern style to the decor. There is a large menu with a lot of choices in all categories, appetizers, pasta,pizza,panini, full entrees to desserts. There weren't any daily specials on the day we visited. I liked the Fish panini I got. Good sized, good bread, tasty tomato and black olive sauce with salad and Italian vegetables. The meatball panini my wife got was similar. Shared a nutella pizza for dessert. It was enough for four people! Total tab with tip was close to $40Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014We have dined at Osteria Marzano several times and each time the food, service, and overall experience has been wonderful! This time our server was Marisola and she was delightful! Everyone in our party had fish, 3 had the Dorada special served over house made pasta prepared with herbs, olive oil, and lemon it was simple and delicious!! 1 person had the Branzino and said it was equally as yummy! The wine list is diverse and reasonable. Portions are quite ample so no appetizers or desserts were needed. We will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekHappyDinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Ordered off the restaurant week menu. Great selections, big menu, good portions! Great value! Our favorites were the veal piccata and tuna. Delicious! Caesar salad is always good, and mussels appetizer was the size of a meal! Tiramisu was a favorite for dessert. Only recommendation is that with that big beautiful bar, please add a specialty cocktail menu! You'd make so much business that way! I really wanted a raspberry or pomegranate martini, but all they could offer was some raspberry stoli vodka in a martini glass. Three shots of vodka, no thanks. Get some specialty liqueurs like st. Germaine or pomegranate liquer. A specialty drink menu, even a small one, would take you guys up a big notch to match your delicious menu! We'll be back!Special Features:
- II Buon gusto!SharVIPDined on 8/12/2014What a great addition o the Kingstown neighborhood. It is a wonderful place to go with friends for happy hour, homemade pizza or pasta, or a really delicious full course meal! Plenty of parking and no hassles with traffic! You can sit outside however there is not much of a view...but they did the best they could with nice landscaping. We had the daily fish special and the veal piccata...both were delicious! My favorite is the prosciutto and cheese plates or mussels in ginger cream sauce appetizers. You will be delighted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Mega-HitPutzeeDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed the first night of Restaurant Week at Osteria Marzano and they hit it out of the park with an extensive menu - each of our party selected different things so that we could share/taste numerous dishes during each course - and all were perfectly divine! In fact, too much food to consume at one sitting, so each of us took food home. Server Kaylyn W. was fabulous as well, timing deliveries quite nicely, removing excess plates, etc. Would highly recommend this restaurant once again.Special Features:
- Disappointedh82cookDined on 8/9/2014Really liked this restaurant the first time. This was our second visit. The food was good but nothing special. Noise was awful thanks to a group seated next to us who talked very loudly. Made it difficult for our table to 4 to hear each other. No one was seated outside when we arrived so didn't even think to ask for a table outside. Would have been nice to have been given the option as it was much quieter outside.
- Nice birthday dinnerKingstowneGuyDined on 8/3/2014Extremely accommodating if our birthday plans. Nice table around the right corner from the front door. No foot traffic. Perfect. We has lots if pasta and chicken Marsala. All were great. Salads were even better -- to include caprese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but could be betterHoss2112Dined on 8/2/2014We were pleasantly greeted and sat right away. Decor is nice, upscale. Waitress arrived immediately and asked what we would like to drink. After stating we hadn't had a chance to look, I asked for water and drink for the kids. She returned, asked again but didn't bring water for the whole table. She was trying to be efficient with all the order taking, but could give you more space and not rush you. We ordered the meatball and cheese platter. No one explained anything about the assortment of cheeses. Some good, some tasteless. Meatball was outstanding. The table next to us received all new clean utensils, we did not. We had ravioli and a steak and pasta for the kids. It was good, but not sure I'd drive out of the way again.
- Reviews Are Right OnSoutherngent67VIPDined on 8/1/2014First time after numerous recommendations. Might be hard to find for some, but sure folks in Kingstown know where this new & upcoming restaurant is located. Marisol was excellent server with nice attention and detailing/explaining dishes - many excellent choices. Wine list is broad with array of fairly priced wines. First time I've ever seen a $150 bottle available by the glass at $44 if you're dying to try something of that class. Portions are large and even 1/2 salad portion can be split. Only complaint is typical in new restaurants - hard surfaces and openess make talk a challenge during early hours of vibrant bar.Special Features:
- Great Customer Service!!!DinewStyleDined on 7/29/2014This is a great restaurant with excellent customer service.Special Features:
- Consistently special!WileyCoyoteDined on 7/26/2014Another great dining experience here. The seafood risotto was terrific. And we were thrilled that chef Carmine came to our table for a quick chat. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals. With specials like this it is tough to try the regular menu. Fantastic!Special Features: