6361 Walker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamarzano.com/
- Phone: (703) 313-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday: 11 am to 10 pm
Friday: 11 am to 11 pm
Saturday: 4pm to 11pm
Sundays: 4pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Carmine Marzano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater office parties, work functions and private events. Just give us a call and we'll hook you up!
- Entertainment: Live DJ entertainment every Friday night!
- Special Events: We host wine tastings, wine dinners, cooking classes and more! Just give us a call or visit our website at www.osteriamarzano.com for more information under the "Events" tab.
- Public Transit: We are closest to the Springfield Metro Station (Blue line). There is a shuttle that runs between the metro station and Metro Park (our development), Monday through Friday, every 15 minutes. The closest bus stop to the restaurant is the one in front of the "6363 building," on Walker lane.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You are welcome to park on either the street or the free covered parking garage directly behind our office building!
A word from Osteria Marzano
We invite you to taste the best that Italy has to offer! Watch our vibrant chefs create delicious meals made to order while enjoying warm, welcoming service in a comfortable, upscale, modern Italian setting that features a full dining room, extensive 40-seat bar area and outdoor patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Osteria Marzano - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Osteria Marzano reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (38)notable wine list (22)good for groups (22)romantic (20)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Consistently special!WileyCoyoteDined on 7/26/2014Another great dining experience here. The seafood risotto was terrific. And we were thrilled that chef Carmine came to our table for a quick chat. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals. With specials like this it is tough to try the regular menu. Fantastic!Special Features:
- We always share becauseIansladiessocialDined on 7/25/2014We can't make up our minds and we want to try a little of everything. Dinner was very good and dessert was awesome!Special Features:
- Osteria Marzano - omm omm good!AidanDined on 7/20/2014We love this restaurant and enjoy sharing the experience with friends. They are always impressed. You will be, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDeeDeePDined on 7/20/2014We were really looking forward to trying this restaurant but our high expectations were left at the door. The reception was poor, and they acted as if we were nothing them. The waiter hardly spoke and never brought me a refill. The food was boring and very rich. We must have used a half bottle of salt amongst all our meals because the taste was so bland. We will not be returning! So disappointing!.
- yum yum yumanitaDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is a neighborhood gem. We love the ever changing menu, the friendly staff, and of course the delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good MealJPK2011Dined on 7/19/2014My meal was very good. Service was outstanding. My server was great. The food was prepared just how I ordered it. It also did not take long for my food to come out. The bread that was brought to the table was very good and went well with the pesto dipping oil. I was never ignored, but at the same time I was not pestered. I will go back again. It is a nice place to go to if you are in the Kingstowne area and want a bit more upscale experience instead of going to a casual chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Found it in an office building!DesignLadyDined on 7/15/2014We couldn't believe there was a 'real' restaurant (not just a deli) on the ground floor of an office building in a new office park. It truly is a gem. I understand it is a chef owned operation and not a 'chain'. Very nice pastas and grand combinations for salads and sides. There was a large group in the private dining room while there this last time and there was no residual noise or delay in our service. That says a lot for a place the doesn't get bogged down with special events. Always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish, tastymonsieurmecDined on 7/11/2014Very stylishly decorated. Interesting menu. Food was excellently prepared. Sophisticated venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDoubleDDined on 7/6/2014Food is amazing. Not a romantic place though. Tables are small and close together. No privacySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fine placemargaretDined on 6/30/2014I've been here for dinner and for lunch and enjoyed both meals. The menu has an excellent variety. Having enjoyed dinner there, I was eager to take our guests to lunch there. We all thought our food was delicious and the service was fine. I worry that because it's not on the beaten path that they're not getting as many diners as they'll need to stay in business. It's worth going out of your way to eat there.Special Features:
- DaveDined on 6/29/2014The Gnocchi special was awesome! Carmine and his chefs are constantly turning out great food! Julia and Marasol are the best too!Special Features:
- Unexpected gem in AlexandriaShayLoDined on 6/28/2014Excellent branzino in lemon caper sauce with grilled broccolini. Enjoyed the special of the day, gnocchi, as well. Portions pretty generous for fine dining. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten so much of their awesome soft bread beforehand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OM ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to OM and it was very good. Only issue I has was the pasta dish ordered by my daughter only had 4 shrimp and they were not very large. I consider at least six acceptable. On the other hand my veal chop was excellent. There were many dishes on the menu I wanted to try so we will return.Special Features:
- Disappointingly average..RussVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very nice modern facilities.. food was very average though. I had the osso bucco but there was no taste to it. Suspect it was pre-cooked and then steamed before serving. My wife had the salmon ravioli. Again disappointing b/c it was smothered in sauce. I'm not sure what Tom Sietsma sees in this establishment. Good wine list though.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Food and service were excellent. Just enough time was allowed between courses so we did not feel rushed but didn't feel as though we had to wait for our food. Maryna was very sweet, attentive but not overly so-just right. An elderly member of our group had dined for lunch here a few days earlier and had struck up quite a conversation with her server that day. When she asked if Marasol was working during our dinner, we were so impressed when Marasol came to our table not once but three times. She was so kind and made our friend feel like a million bucks. I must say I don't think I've had a better Caesar salad and loved the presentation. I had the sea bass and it was delicious. Loved that the brocolini was grilled. Very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/23/2014Family dinner out to celebrate our daughter's graduation from HS. OM accommodated our need for an early dinner and quick service. Food was great, the specials were ordered and we found them well presented, delicious and bountiful in size. Pizza was especially good, nice thin crust and charred just right from the wood fired oven. Service was good too, our waiter/bartender was knowledgeable of the menu and food preparations as well as the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service sub parCelesteVIPDined on 6/19/2014Our Server Was Just...Slow. It Took A Long Time To Get Our Check So That We Could Leave. Also Our Server Didn't Really Understand Certain Diet RestrictionS. This Place Is Only WorTh It IF You Live Nearby.Special Features:
- Beautiful Restaurant - OK FoodDinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Four of us went for dinner on Father's Day. Each ordering a different dish. Nobody was particularly thrilled with their dinner. It could be summed up by our forgetting the leftovers at the table and not wanting to go back for them as soon as we left the restaurant.
- Overpriced!ChuckVIPDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant is in the middle of nowhere and charges DC prices. Food was average. No connection to our favorite restaurant Luigi's which recently closed. Prices are too high.
- always good except one timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/14/2014We love having this restaurant in near where we live. Love the food and service. Only Saturday night when we ordered the rice balls they were cold inside. Not impressive. Otherwise very happy with the placeSpecial Features:
- Good food, but...mellen215Dined on 6/13/2014We have been here several times and have to say that the food and the service is always good. However, we have never been able to enjoy the evening as a quiet romantic dinner. The tables are much too close together and no conversations are private. The DJ is a nice touch, but he should play more dinner music rather than disco and techno dance music. I'm sure we will return for the food, but it will not be our first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall Dining ExperienceWestAlexDinerVIPDined on 6/11/2014Booked a table at Osteria Marzano for a 25th Birthday celebration dinner for my daughter. We were seated right away and enjoyed several great appetizers, including the Tuna Tartar and veal vitello tonnato. All of our dinners were equally good including two of the specials, seared tuna and the risotto. Service was prompt without being overly attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service you're out of hereLindaGVIPDined on 6/9/20143 times there and 2 out of 3 is horrible service...............forget about it! No people there and long wait for food and totally missing service even though we were the only people there............need I say more
- Always terrific!WileyCoyoteDined on 6/7/2014Tried a few pasta dishes for the first time and OMG-they were fantastic. Consistently exceptional Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexandriajscVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great as always. Food is consistently unique and amazing. Try the specials - can't go wrong.Special Features:
- EmptyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014We were one of three tables in the restaurant on a Fri. lunch. I think the city emptied out as it was a nice day to take off. The $10 lunch combo (soup or pasta and salad) I ordered. The agnoletti with veal was good but a tad oversauced. My friend had the mezzeluna stuffed with zucca with a butter/sage sauce. Delicious. The salad portion was small. Given the price and quality, I thought this was a "steal" and I'll definitely go back. Ordered the sea bass stuffed ravioli last time for dinner and they were worth the long drive to get to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside dining was relaxingshelfordDined on 5/31/2014The food was amazing. My family of loved all of their entrees - including the Caprese salad and calamari we shared. The key is finding where to park and enter with this tucked away place. It is in a newly developed office park and the sign to turn in is very small and the only signage we could find beyond the parking garage was the 2 hour parking signs. We took a chance and entered into the office building and it was on the same floor to the right. Very modern. We chose to eat outside and we almost felt like we were at our own private restaurant. It was very relaxing and I will definitely be taking my family here again soon. Lots to choice from and is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- DisappointingDatslibDined on 5/29/2014I had the zuppa di pesce, which was so-so ($29). I would have liked to have had some fish in the dish and a tastier broth, and the calamari was chewy. My partner had the veal parmigiana ($25), which was very disappointing. The veal was tough and had an "old" taste, like it had been in the freezer far too long. To the restaurant's credit, the dish was not put on the bill after we complained.
- InconsistentThadVIPDined on 5/24/2014We want to love this place because of the location. The service is usually good and the ambiance is attractively modern. However, the tables for two are NARROW and very close to the guests seated at the next tables, so that no privacy is possible. The food looks pretty on the plate but over 4 meals it has been consistently under seasoned. And finally, on our most recent visit the sauce for my veal piccata was tasteless and watery...clearly no butter was used to thicken it, which is the normal preparation. Two of us had one inexpensive bottle of wine, we split a pasta dish as an app, and had one entree each - the bill before tip was $103, which is way too much given the significant kitchen errors. This was our 4th try and we won't be back.Special Features:
- Definitely worth finding (use map).MMilesMDined on 5/24/2014This is our family's new favorite in northern VA. Excellent service, menu, food, service and decor. (Carlyle just got bumped.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd timekljhnDined on 5/18/2014Still delicious, good service, with hot food hot and cold served cold. Very accommodating service, salads were fresh and crisp. Food was very tasty. Easy to park and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Osteria is right across the road from where we live, but even if it wasn't I would make it a point to go again. The food was very good, our server was friendly and attentive, and the restaurant has an enjoyable atmosphere. The only downside of Osteria is that the tables are fairly close together, so you have no choice hearing the conversations around you. Still, it was quiet enough my wife and I could carry on a conversation without talking too loud.Special Features:
- Littlered000013Dined on 5/17/2014There are enough selections that every person could find something to eat. The prices aren't that bad. The desserts were alright, nothing that wowed.Special Features:
- Slow and awkward serviceVeggieloverDined on 5/17/2014We were seated at an unstable table. After several requests to have it fixed, we were told to trade tables with a couple sitting in another room. Not sure why that couple got stuck with the wobbly table! After that, we waited a long time to even get the server's attention. Our waitress was efficient but not exactly friendly. I felt like I was annoying her. The food was very good, however, with generous portions. The Nutella pizza was good but not that special.
- great food, mediocre serviceMimaDined on 5/16/2014This was my third visit to Marzanos. The food continues to be excellent, but the service spotty. This time I was with 3 women friends. When the table next to ours was occupied by 2 couples, the server's attention went to them. They got their drinks and dinner well before us. They were checked on during the meal. We were not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor ChallengedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014The calameri was inconsistent - many pieces were pretty chewy while others were tender. Overall it lacked flavor. The pasta and duck ragu was nice but lacked any flavor - very bland. My wife's risotto special (scallops) was fine but uninspired. The biggest sin was the travesty they called strawberry shortcake. If you are going to serve something so far from what people would expect by the name you should warn them. This was two dense dry pieces of something that resembled coffee cake with some whipped creme and strawberries in between. We did not eat half of it. Finally, I am used to paying a premium when buying wine by the glass but the pour of pinot grigio I got for $12 was almost a crime - I felt ripped off.
- Great Mother's DayMrsolaraDined on 5/11/2014Took my girlfriend there on Mother's Day. They were great to accommodate my late arrival and the food and service were outstanding. We had a magnificent time together. Wholeheartedly recommend it!Special Features:
- Osteria Rates my 5 Star Rating!PSUDanoVIPDined on 5/10/2014I seldom issue a 5-star rating, but this gem hidden in an office building definitely has rated it! From the food to the service to the ambiance, this is a great place. I chose the Veal Scaloppini and was not disappointed--a generous portion with a nice side of pasta. My wife chose lobster ravioli and was stuffed. They were out of a reasonably priced Tuscan that I chose from the wine list and they upgraded me to a better bottle at the original price. I highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphere, great food!CarolK63Dined on 5/10/2014I love the feel of Osteria Marzano. They have a vibrant bar scene for happy hour, with amazing margaritas, great wine selection and wonderful, tasty food. The almond crusted halibut served with haricots verts and risotto was delicious! Our waiter was pleasant, attentive and very knowledgeable about the food and made excellent suggestions. Can't wait to dine at Osteria Marzano again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go back againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dinner on Saturday night, our third time there. The waiter was professional and efficient and kept the dinner moving along nicely. Drinks and appetizers appeared quickly, and we were allowed to enjoy them and the plates cleared before dinner was brought. Dinner was hot and a good portion on all the entree's ordered. All the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.