6361 Walker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamarzano.com/
- Phone: 7033139700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Wednesday: 11 am to 10 pm
Thursday and Friday: 11 am to 11 pm
Saturday: 4pm to 11pm
Sundays: 4pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Carmine Marzano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will begin catering about one month after our opening day (mid July)! Please stay tuned for more details to come..
- Special Events: Osteria Marzano will be hosting many special events, whether its a celebrity appearance or live entertainment! There will not be any events scheduled until after our grand opening. All dates and events will be posted on our website.
- Public Transit: We are closest to the Springfield Metro Station (Blue line). There is a shuttle that runs between the metro station and Metro Park (our development), Monday through Friday, every 15 minutes. The closest bus stop to the restaurant is the one in front of the "6363 building," on Walker lane.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You are welcome to park on either the street or the covered parking garage directly behind our office building!
A word from Osteria Marzano
We invite you to taste the best that Italy has to offer! Watch our vibrant chefs create delicious meals made to order while enjoying warm, welcoming service in a comfortable, upscale, modern Italian setting that features a full dining room, extensive 40-seat bar area and outdoor patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria Marzano reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (51)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (26)notable wine list (22)romantic (21)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- DelightfulRockfishFanDined on 8/26/2014We dined on the patio at dusk, which unlike the restaurant was quiet. Swordfish special was superb. Wine list is below the quality of the menu.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurprisePolohattDined on 8/20/2014This was the first time. I friend asked me to go there to try out a new place... I was not expecting much - the restaurant is not in a main area, in fact it's tucked away in an office/medical area. WOW was I surprised. From entering a beautifully appointed establishment, to a great menu with a very nice and approachable wine list, to very well done service. 4 out of 5 stars. Definitely going back! I had Chicken Picatta with a side of spaghetti - both were OUTSTANDING! Outdoor seating is available, as well as a fire place for cooler night dining. Definitely a MUST go! And I'll be returning often. See you there!Special Features:
- Tasty ItalianStargazerDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I decided to celebrate it being Friday by having lunch at Osteria Marzano. It is a sleekly styled restaurant in a large office park. There is definitely a European modern style to the decor. There is a large menu with a lot of choices in all categories, appetizers, pasta,pizza,panini, full entrees to desserts. There weren't any daily specials on the day we visited. I liked the Fish panini I got. Good sized, good bread, tasty tomato and black olive sauce with salad and Italian vegetables. The meatball panini my wife got was similar. Shared a nutella pizza for dessert. It was enough for four people! Total tab with tip was close to $40Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014We have dined at Osteria Marzano several times and each time the food, service, and overall experience has been wonderful! This time our server was Marisola and she was delightful! Everyone in our party had fish, 3 had the Dorada special served over house made pasta prepared with herbs, olive oil, and lemon it was simple and delicious!! 1 person had the Branzino and said it was equally as yummy! The wine list is diverse and reasonable. Portions are quite ample so no appetizers or desserts were needed. We will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekHappyDinerDined on 8/13/2014Ordered off the restaurant week menu. Great selections, big menu, good portions! Great value! Our favorites were the veal piccata and tuna. Delicious! Caesar salad is always good, and mussels appetizer was the size of a meal! Tiramisu was a favorite for dessert. Only recommendation is that with that big beautiful bar, please add a specialty cocktail menu! You'd make so much business that way! I really wanted a raspberry or pomegranate martini, but all they could offer was some raspberry stoli vodka in a martini glass. Three shots of vodka, no thanks. Get some specialty liqueurs like st. Germaine or pomegranate liquer. A specialty drink menu, even a small one, would take you guys up a big notch to match your delicious menu! We'll be back!Special Features:
- II Buon gusto!SharVIPDined on 8/12/2014What a great addition o the Kingstown neighborhood. It is a wonderful place to go with friends for happy hour, homemade pizza or pasta, or a really delicious full course meal! Plenty of parking and no hassles with traffic! You can sit outside however there is not much of a view...but they did the best they could with nice landscaping. We had the daily fish special and the veal piccata...both were delicious! My favorite is the prosciutto and cheese plates or mussels in ginger cream sauce appetizers. You will be delighted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Mega-HitPutzeeDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed the first night of Restaurant Week at Osteria Marzano and they hit it out of the park with an extensive menu - each of our party selected different things so that we could share/taste numerous dishes during each course - and all were perfectly divine! In fact, too much food to consume at one sitting, so each of us took food home. Server Kaylyn W. was fabulous as well, timing deliveries quite nicely, removing excess plates, etc. Would highly recommend this restaurant once again.Special Features:
- Disappointedh82cookDined on 8/9/2014Really liked this restaurant the first time. This was our second visit. The food was good but nothing special. Noise was awful thanks to a group seated next to us who talked very loudly. Made it difficult for our table to 4 to hear each other. No one was seated outside when we arrived so didn't even think to ask for a table outside. Would have been nice to have been given the option as it was much quieter outside.
- Nice birthday dinnerKingstowneGuyDined on 8/3/2014Extremely accommodating if our birthday plans. Nice table around the right corner from the front door. No foot traffic. Perfect. We has lots if pasta and chicken Marsala. All were great. Salads were even better -- to include caprese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but could be betterHoss2112Dined on 8/2/2014We were pleasantly greeted and sat right away. Decor is nice, upscale. Waitress arrived immediately and asked what we would like to drink. After stating we hadn't had a chance to look, I asked for water and drink for the kids. She returned, asked again but didn't bring water for the whole table. She was trying to be efficient with all the order taking, but could give you more space and not rush you. We ordered the meatball and cheese platter. No one explained anything about the assortment of cheeses. Some good, some tasteless. Meatball was outstanding. The table next to us received all new clean utensils, we did not. We had ravioli and a steak and pasta for the kids. It was good, but not sure I'd drive out of the way again.
- Reviews Are Right OnSoutherngent67VIPDined on 8/1/2014First time after numerous recommendations. Might be hard to find for some, but sure folks in Kingstown know where this new & upcoming restaurant is located. Marisol was excellent server with nice attention and detailing/explaining dishes - many excellent choices. Wine list is broad with array of fairly priced wines. First time I've ever seen a $150 bottle available by the glass at $44 if you're dying to try something of that class. Portions are large and even 1/2 salad portion can be split. Only complaint is typical in new restaurants - hard surfaces and openess make talk a challenge during early hours of vibrant bar.Special Features:
- Great Customer Service!!!DinewStyleDined on 7/29/2014This is a great restaurant with excellent customer service.Special Features:
- Consistently special!WileyCoyoteDined on 7/26/2014Another great dining experience here. The seafood risotto was terrific. And we were thrilled that chef Carmine came to our table for a quick chat. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals. With specials like this it is tough to try the regular menu. Fantastic!Special Features:
- We always share becauseIansladiessocialDined on 7/25/2014We can't make up our minds and we want to try a little of everything. Dinner was very good and dessert was awesome!Special Features:
- Osteria Marzano - omm omm good!AidanDined on 7/20/2014We love this restaurant and enjoy sharing the experience with friends. They are always impressed. You will be, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDeeDeePDined on 7/20/2014We were really looking forward to trying this restaurant but our high expectations were left at the door. The reception was poor, and they acted as if we were nothing them. The waiter hardly spoke and never brought me a refill. The food was boring and very rich. We must have used a half bottle of salt amongst all our meals because the taste was so bland. We will not be returning! So disappointing!.
- yum yum yumanitaDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is a neighborhood gem. We love the ever changing menu, the friendly staff, and of course the delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good MealJPK2011Dined on 7/19/2014My meal was very good. Service was outstanding. My server was great. The food was prepared just how I ordered it. It also did not take long for my food to come out. The bread that was brought to the table was very good and went well with the pesto dipping oil. I was never ignored, but at the same time I was not pestered. I will go back again. It is a nice place to go to if you are in the Kingstowne area and want a bit more upscale experience instead of going to a casual chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Found it in an office building!DesignLadyDined on 7/15/2014We couldn't believe there was a 'real' restaurant (not just a deli) on the ground floor of an office building in a new office park. It truly is a gem. I understand it is a chef owned operation and not a 'chain'. Very nice pastas and grand combinations for salads and sides. There was a large group in the private dining room while there this last time and there was no residual noise or delay in our service. That says a lot for a place the doesn't get bogged down with special events. Always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish, tastymonsieurmecDined on 7/11/2014Very stylishly decorated. Interesting menu. Food was excellently prepared. Sophisticated venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDoubleDDined on 7/6/2014Food is amazing. Not a romantic place though. Tables are small and close together. No privacySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fine placemargaretDined on 6/30/2014I've been here for dinner and for lunch and enjoyed both meals. The menu has an excellent variety. Having enjoyed dinner there, I was eager to take our guests to lunch there. We all thought our food was delicious and the service was fine. I worry that because it's not on the beaten path that they're not getting as many diners as they'll need to stay in business. It's worth going out of your way to eat there.Special Features:
- DaveDined on 6/29/2014The Gnocchi special was awesome! Carmine and his chefs are constantly turning out great food! Julia and Marasol are the best too!Special Features:
- Unexpected gem in AlexandriaShayLoDined on 6/28/2014Excellent branzino in lemon caper sauce with grilled broccolini. Enjoyed the special of the day, gnocchi, as well. Portions pretty generous for fine dining. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten so much of their awesome soft bread beforehand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OM ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to OM and it was very good. Only issue I has was the pasta dish ordered by my daughter only had 4 shrimp and they were not very large. I consider at least six acceptable. On the other hand my veal chop was excellent. There were many dishes on the menu I wanted to try so we will return.Special Features:
- Disappointingly average..RussVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very nice modern facilities.. food was very average though. I had the osso bucco but there was no taste to it. Suspect it was pre-cooked and then steamed before serving. My wife had the salmon ravioli. Again disappointing b/c it was smothered in sauce. I'm not sure what Tom Sietsma sees in this establishment. Good wine list though.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Food and service were excellent. Just enough time was allowed between courses so we did not feel rushed but didn't feel as though we had to wait for our food. Maryna was very sweet, attentive but not overly so-just right. An elderly member of our group had dined for lunch here a few days earlier and had struck up quite a conversation with her server that day. When she asked if Marasol was working during our dinner, we were so impressed when Marasol came to our table not once but three times. She was so kind and made our friend feel like a million bucks. I must say I don't think I've had a better Caesar salad and loved the presentation. I had the sea bass and it was delicious. Loved that the brocolini was grilled. Very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/23/2014Family dinner out to celebrate our daughter's graduation from HS. OM accommodated our need for an early dinner and quick service. Food was great, the specials were ordered and we found them well presented, delicious and bountiful in size. Pizza was especially good, nice thin crust and charred just right from the wood fired oven. Service was good too, our waiter/bartender was knowledgeable of the menu and food preparations as well as the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service sub parCelesteVIPDined on 6/19/2014Our Server Was Just...Slow. It Took A Long Time To Get Our Check So That We Could Leave. Also Our Server Didn't Really Understand Certain Diet RestrictionS. This Place Is Only WorTh It IF You Live Nearby.Special Features:
- Beautiful Restaurant - OK FoodDinerDined on 6/15/2014Four of us went for dinner on Father's Day. Each ordering a different dish. Nobody was particularly thrilled with their dinner. It could be summed up by our forgetting the leftovers at the table and not wanting to go back for them as soon as we left the restaurant.
- Overpriced!ChuckDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant is in the middle of nowhere and charges DC prices. Food was average. No connection to our favorite restaurant Luigi's which recently closed. Prices are too high.
- always good except one timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/14/2014We love having this restaurant in near where we live. Love the food and service. Only Saturday night when we ordered the rice balls they were cold inside. Not impressive. Otherwise very happy with the placeSpecial Features:
- Good food, but...mellen215Dined on 6/13/2014We have been here several times and have to say that the food and the service is always good. However, we have never been able to enjoy the evening as a quiet romantic dinner. The tables are much too close together and no conversations are private. The DJ is a nice touch, but he should play more dinner music rather than disco and techno dance music. I'm sure we will return for the food, but it will not be our first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall Dining ExperienceWestAlexDinerDined on 6/11/2014Booked a table at Osteria Marzano for a 25th Birthday celebration dinner for my daughter. We were seated right away and enjoyed several great appetizers, including the Tuna Tartar and veal vitello tonnato. All of our dinners were equally good including two of the specials, seared tuna and the risotto. Service was prompt without being overly attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service you're out of hereLindaGVIPDined on 6/9/20143 times there and 2 out of 3 is horrible service...............forget about it! No people there and long wait for food and totally missing service even though we were the only people there............need I say more
- Always terrific!WileyCoyoteDined on 6/7/2014Tried a few pasta dishes for the first time and OMG-they were fantastic. Consistently exceptional Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexandriajscVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great as always. Food is consistently unique and amazing. Try the specials - can't go wrong.Special Features:
- EmptyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014We were one of three tables in the restaurant on a Fri. lunch. I think the city emptied out as it was a nice day to take off. The $10 lunch combo (soup or pasta and salad) I ordered. The agnoletti with veal was good but a tad oversauced. My friend had the mezzeluna stuffed with zucca with a butter/sage sauce. Delicious. The salad portion was small. Given the price and quality, I thought this was a "steal" and I'll definitely go back. Ordered the sea bass stuffed ravioli last time for dinner and they were worth the long drive to get to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside dining was relaxingshelfordDined on 5/31/2014The food was amazing. My family of loved all of their entrees - including the Caprese salad and calamari we shared. The key is finding where to park and enter with this tucked away place. It is in a newly developed office park and the sign to turn in is very small and the only signage we could find beyond the parking garage was the 2 hour parking signs. We took a chance and entered into the office building and it was on the same floor to the right. Very modern. We chose to eat outside and we almost felt like we were at our own private restaurant. It was very relaxing and I will definitely be taking my family here again soon. Lots to choice from and is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- DisappointingDatslibDined on 5/29/2014I had the zuppa di pesce, which was so-so ($29). I would have liked to have had some fish in the dish and a tastier broth, and the calamari was chewy. My partner had the veal parmigiana ($25), which was very disappointing. The veal was tough and had an "old" taste, like it had been in the freezer far too long. To the restaurant's credit, the dish was not put on the bill after we complained.