1453 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamarco.com/
- Phone: 3035345855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno & Jean-Philippe Failyau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining for parties up to 35 guests for seated events and up to 50 for standing receptions. Full restaurant buyouts are available for parties up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702
A word from Osteria Marco
Osteria Marco is a very social, artisan-style pizzeria in the heart of Larimer Square. The exposed brick dining room is lined with bottles from our exclusively Italian wine list, which features nearly one hundred labels priced under fifty dollars per bottle. We roast the lamb, pork and beef for our panini right in the dining room and craft the cheeses and charcuterie from or salumi bar in house. Osteria Marco has all the amenities of a fine-dining establishment--excellent service, beautiful food, fabulous surroundings--but priced for the more casual, social diner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Osteria Marco - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Osteria Marco reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (184)notable wine list (140)special occasion (128)romantic (108)neighborhood gem (108)good for groups (105)hot spot (86)great for lunch (69)great for outdoor dining (57)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (27)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (7)Show More
- love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Great little italian place in the heart of denver. Everything on the menu is delicious. Fantastic feel to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family outingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I visited the restaurant on a Saturday night with a party of 7. The service was outstanding and so was the quality of the food.I will return on my next visit to Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was grumpyNMNativeDined on 8/30/2014Osteria Marco was recommended by a friend -he said it was the best pizza ever!! We made a reservation for a late night dinner while in town. The food was pretty good - I'll give them that. But when our pizza came and it was not what we ordered, the waitress actually came to our table to explain that she had not made a mistake and even showed me the paper she had written our order on. I asked if perhaps she could have misunderstood the order since it was quite loud in the restaurant. She refused to take the blame and even invited us to leave the restaurant if we weren't happy. Wow! We weren't even that angry and a simple apology would have been enough to get us back on track. Too bad the delicious dinner was ruined by a grumpy wait person.Special Features:
- Classy casualMuffinDined on 8/29/2014We were seated timely and upon arrival greeted with champagne for our anniversary celebration. Our water Ben was very friendly and attentive. We felt like anyone could enjoy an evening there, having been seated next to two couples but close to a fsmily with younger children. Our meal options were perfectly portioned and demonstrated great care and taste.:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but cold.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The food was very good and the service was fine as well. The air conditioning was set very low and it was very uncomfortable. I strongly suggest bringing a jacket or sweater. We did like the feel of the restaurant and the wine that we selected was very good at the suggestion of our server. It was a little pricey but I guess for downtown Denver it was pretty typical. We were able to find close parking and then a short walk to the restaurant. Net time we'll use the valet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Unfortunately our experience here was really disappointing. The food was amazing and the portion sizes were generous, great wine list as well. The staff, however, ruined what would have been a great experience. The only friendly employee was the girl who greeted us. The service at the bar was slow (waited 10 minutes just for a drink menu) and every interaction thereafter made us feel like we just weren't welcome. Rude, disinterested, snotty waitstaff who offered zero recommendations and could care less if we enjoyed our meal. I likely won't be back just based on how negative the whole experience was. Which is a shame since the food is really spectacular.Special Features:
- All was quite good!LovetoeatDined on 8/25/2014The tomato and basil soup is the best I have ever had. The pork was excellent and plentiful and the chocolate dessert was wonderful. My husband's dinner of Caesar salad, lamb meatballs and bread pudding was also superb. We will go back.Special Features:
- Dinner outmakesreservationsDined on 8/24/2014Great atmosphere - friendly, attentive staff and great food. Very enjoyable place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekBowWowDined on 8/24/2014I asked for water, 3 empty glasses came then warm water arrived. Had to ask for ice. I ordered the pulled pork. I was very salty. Ordered coffee at the end and it arrived cold. Hot coffee finally arrived after 10 minutes later. Waitress told us they brewed individual pots of regular and decaf for each patron
- Never disappointsJ4abrahamDined on 8/24/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Denver, always great food, service and drinks!Special Features:
- Great snacks.. Pizza eh..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The appetizers and small plates are good, but when it comes to their pizza you can do better for the hype. The pizza concept and variation of their pies are good, but use an over abundance of mozzarella and ends up weakening the structure of the slice. The cell definition of the crust is good, and the taste of pizza is fine, but the rigidity of the slice is that of a string when held out straight. Also very noisy even if placed into a corner table to the point where the server had to come next to each of us to hear out order. She even said sorry.
- Burrata!BcappsDined on 8/22/2014Definitely give this restaurant a try! Especially the burrata and ciccioli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fooddiningout2Dined on 8/22/2014Appetizers are awesome I would recommend ordering lots to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014had a great experience. Food was incredible. Homemade tonic made for a terrific G&T and the staff was amazing. Will definitely re-visit this location next time in Denver!Special Features:
- Fantastic AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014My boyfriend and I were welcome, even though we stopped by like 30 minutes early. Our waitress gave us each a glass of prosecco on the house because I had written on my reservation that it was our anniversary. We started with the meat and cheese plate, which was excellent. We added the burrata, which was the star of the plate. My boyfriend ordered a shrimp pizza with a bacon marmalade, and it was some of the best pizza I've ever had. Crisp crust, good cheese ration, nice plump shimp. My short rib was solid, but there was a lot of sweetness on the plate. The acidity and bitterness from the salad on top helped, but there was an overwhelming sweetness between the apple and cornbread and carrots. It was still a solid meal :)Special Features:
- Interesting ItalianMemoDined on 8/12/2014We tried Osteria's for the first time on a Tuesday evening. While it took the hostess a bit to seat us and admitting she had forgotten about us, the place overall was good. We tried the chefs assortment for the meats and cheeses, it's worth a try if you're a foodie of meats and cheeses. My favorite was the chicken parm panini, I believe it to be a must try. I'dSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria DenverMiamiQVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great place! Excellent food, service- just all-around great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!swissmiss007VIPDined on 8/8/2014We joined another couple for dinner here and were very happy with our choice of restaurant. Two of us ordered the lamb meatballs with polenta. We both agreed it was an outstanding dish and I would certainly go back just to have that dish again! The two guys ordered pizzas and found them excellent as well. The restaurant has a great wine list with many excellent, reasonably priced choices. That is definitely a plus as we are often annoyed at restaurants with mostly expensive, overpriced wine choices. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the caesar salad. It was good, but not great like all the other things that we ordered. Overall, we really loved this spot and we will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Family VisitChachaDined on 8/8/2014I had family come in from out of town and brought them to Osteria Marco. They have traveled extensively and loved this restaurant. It reminded them of meals in Europe and we enjoyed our evening together. Great place to bring anyone to impress.Special Features:
- Osteria MarcoJennWDined on 8/7/2014As ALWAYS Osteria Marco exceeds expectations. They are my "go-to" :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurrattaMonkeyfufuDined on 8/3/2014The burratta was and is the best thing on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a late lunchLuvRetirementVIPDined on 8/2/2014We wandered up too late to sit outside (our preference), but thoroughly enjoyed our spot in the lower level dining room. We shared a Caesar Salad and a margherita Pizza, which was perfect for lunch. Our server recommended the Carparzo Brunello which went perfectly with our meal. She was very nice and gave us all the time we needed. Definitely will return when next we are in Denver.Special Features:
- CidmacDined on 7/31/2014We had great food. The staff got us to a table immediately. Our server was excellent and had great knowledge of the food. The noise level was quite loud, so I wouldn't recommend it for a quiet romantic place but it would be fun for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodDianneDined on 7/29/2014We ate at Osteria Marco twice in the few days we were in Denver, if that tells you anything! The menu is not extensive, but what they do, they do beautifully. My husband and I have been having a love affair with Italy these past several years, and this is the closest place to a real Italian restaurant that we've found in the states. We were particularly enchanted with the Kale Quinoa salad, which is better than any description I can give it, and the Crab Fonduta. The fig pizza was also excellent.Special Features:
- Limited Menu & Pricey WinesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Wines a bit pricey and menu somewhat limited for entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely happyMrfixitDined on 7/27/2014The mussels are a must. Server was helpful with wine selection and prompt every time. The food was delivered to the table by a drone disguised as a young woman but everything was so good it didn't matter. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Believe the HypeJazzyJaybirdDined on 7/26/2014Wow! I had heard so many good things about OM that I feared my expectations couldn't be met. There was no need to worry as this place is just fantastic. Upon arrival for our 9pm reservation, we saw one table open outside and asked for it as the weather was nice and they cheerfully accommodated the request. Our waiter was very helpful without being overbearing. She helped us select a few things to share as we wanted to keep it light that late in the evening. We split the Burrata, Lamb Meatballs & Rabbit. All were brilliant with the freshest ingredients imaginable presented in simple but elegant way. Ambiance was more relaxed than inside where things were louder and more hectic. Made for great dinner conversation as never felt rushed. Bravo!Special Features:
- jimanddiVIPDined on 7/26/2014The best night and loved our wine service! Mr. David was full of so much knowledgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeajbauer29VIPDined on 7/26/2014We've dined here a couple times and each time I wonder why we don't return sooner! The food is delicious. Most recently I had the seasonal smoked corn salad with shrimp and it was amazing. Tasted like summer. Hubs had the mushroom pizza which is always delicious. I love their seasonal bruschettas too. You just can't go wrong here. Great house wine as well.Special Features:
- Great Spot!ToryDined on 7/25/2014I wanted to give this restaurant a 5* rating but there were one or two things that weren't GREAT and so I had to bump it down to a 4*. Most notably was probably the cesear salad, which may seem trivial, but if you're an italian restaurant this selection should at least be passable, it was not. Having said that, most everything else we had was outstanding and I high highly recommend this spot and will definitely go back. Additionally, our waiter was VERY knowledgable about the menu, etc. and attentive. Overall I LOVED this spot!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014This is the 5th time I have been to osteria Marco and everytime I leave even more amazed. The food is legit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect downtown lunch spotOceanP123Dined on 7/22/2014The doting service, fresh ingredients, and comfortable downstairs decor made Osterio Marco a fine choice for a recent downtown lunch catch up with a longtime friend. Its Larimer Street location make it super convenient and the big pig hanging overhead makes it simple to find. A strong recommend for visitor and local foodies who would like to add a quality restaurant to their roster of reliable local eateries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The RabbitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014The rabbit dish was really good. Never had it before and is something worth trying. The price point is really good for all of their dishes. If you are looking for pasta dishes, this isn't the place or their specialty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerZazaDined on 7/19/2014I had my birthday dinner at Osteria Marco. The food was great and so was the ambiance, however, I wish the waiters didn't look so rushed and impatient. It may have been because it was busy that night, but still, my friends and I noticed, but overall, we had a great time. I would definitely recommend looking into the fixed menu which comes to about $25 per person for a three course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a good choiceDawnRDined on 7/19/2014Good food and knowledgeable staff make this a solid choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Good service!Gr8DinnerSpotDined on 7/18/2014Took our friends here for dinner. They really enjoyed the food and experience.Special Features:
- Go hungry!!SunbeamDined on 7/17/2014Amazing place. We couldn't stop ordering. The most amazing pizza. Mmmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSummerandbrettDined on 7/16/2014I always get the lamb meatballs and they never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Promising but disappointingAmyBVIPDined on 7/15/2014We had a group of 7 for lunch. We made reservations. We were sat quickly but sat for a long time before we saw any wait staff. We gave drink orders and were ready to give food orders but weren't asked. We all work during the day so don't have all afternoon to lazily eat lunch. The food was mediocre. Turkey Panini was promising but the meat was cold. Some had the short rib Panini and they thought that was good.Special Features:
- Up to the recommendationYummavenDined on 7/14/2014Excellent and fun dining. Exciting menu with a well informed and helpful staff. The rabbit was very unique and well worth ordering. Share so you can try more options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.