1453 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamarco.com/
- Phone: 3035345855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno & Jean-Philippe Failyau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining for parties up to 35 guests for seated events and up to 50 for standing receptions. Full restaurant buyouts are available for parties up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702
A word from Osteria Marco
Osteria Marco is a very social, artisan-style pizzeria in the heart of Larimer Square. The exposed brick dining room is lined with bottles from our exclusively Italian wine list, which features nearly one hundred labels priced under fifty dollars per bottle. We roast the lamb, pork and beef for our panini right in the dining room and craft the cheeses and charcuterie from or salumi bar in house. Osteria Marco has all the amenities of a fine-dining establishment--excellent service, beautiful food, fabulous surroundings--but priced for the more casual, social diner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Osteria Marco - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Osteria Marco reviews from OpenTable diners
307 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (209)notable wine list (141)good for groups (110)neighborhood gem (108)special occasion (103)romantic (85)hot spot (84)great for outdoor dining (56)great for lunch (56)vibrant bar scene (42)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Vacationmamaalt58Dined on 10/27/2014We came upon this restaurant and LOVED it. Food, atmosphere - everything was perfect for what we wanted.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014The food was so good. Started with the cheese and meat appetizer and it was delicious. The prosciutto pizza was great. Our sever was very knowledgeable with the menu. Everything about this restaurant was fantastic. I left saying "Wow." Would highly recommend eating at Osteria Marco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is limitedC2computerVIPDined on 10/25/2014I had high hopes for this restaurant, especially with all the food listed on the website... only problem is the menu is much smaller and in my opinion, too small and not enough selection. The salads we ordered were very basic, didn't taste homemade for dressings, eggplant parm we split and was good but nothing out of this world. I work hard for my paycheck everyday so when I spend a chunk of money on sub par food I feel the need to let others know, just too many better restaurants in the area to spend my $ here.
- Great downtown eaterybsharpDined on 10/24/2014The food here is incredible and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braised short ribFairDined on 10/24/2014I ordered the braised short rib and it was horrible, including the Risotto. All I could taste was salt. I ate 2 bites and that was all I could handle. MY husband had a pizza, which was good and my beet salad was good. I don't know that I would go back because of my entrée.Special Features:
- AwesomeDeliciousdishDined on 10/23/2014I've been here several times, and Osteria Marco never disappoints!Special Features:
- A great place for a loud groupEscapeWyoDined on 10/22/2014Loud, affordable Italian restaurant with lots of activity going around all the time. Waiters are kept busy by full tables. The beef risotto dinner and pizza tasted like it had been dredged in salt and then salted again just to make sure. Cut back by half on the salt and the food flavor will come through. It wasn't inedible, just that both dishes were enough to ensure that we probably won't be coming back soon since there are so many other better choices right in the vicinity.Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Now I didn't order anything crazy-Caesar salad and marg pizza. It was ok. My mom had eggplant parm and loved it. I say it was fine, prob won't suggest it to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I choose Osteria Marco whenever I have a special occasion (and because I love it). The menu is diverse enough to please anyone I bring with me. The service is exceptional. Everything about Osteria Marco keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014I was hoping for more out of a Larimer Square restaurant, especially since my experiences at others in that block have been superb. As the review title indicates, I'd rate most everything as average. The hostess wasn't overly enthused (never smiled), the waitress didn't introduce herself to us and was elusive, the butternut squash pizza that someone at our table ordered was pretty bad (pools of butter(?) and hardly any squash), and another pizza was partially burnt. I will say that the place was "cute," but there are much better choices in the area!Special Features:
- Over RatedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014TOOOO noisy, TOOO crowded (tables on top of each other). Small portions - nothing extra, not even bread I won't be back!
- Pleasant SurprisePeak14115Dined on 10/18/2014In town for the Rock and Roll running event we needed a place for dinner and one that could accommodate a wheelchair. They were ready for us at reservation time and can accommodate wheelchairs even though the dining area is downstairs. Very pleasant staff, nice ambiance. Not romantic but certainly not a sports bar. Very interesting menu and everything we had was quite good. It was interesting in another way - only one pasta dish! For carb loading runners we were taken aback but had a good meal anyway. Check out the menu before you go. Also a very good wine selection. Definitely a great dining experience, especially with a small group so you can share the wide variety of interesting dishes. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Definitely a great place for groups, large or small. The noise level is very loud compared to other restaurants. The food was phenomenal. Our meal: (1) Chef's Assortments - Cheeses; (2) Prosciutto Pizza; (3) Rabbit; (4) Panna Cotta; (5) Wine and Cocktails. Serves was on point and our waiter was very informative about the dishes. The best part, our entire dining experiences was under $100. Definitely would recommend Osteria and we will be coming back.Special Features:
- Biz LunchCharlieBrownDined on 10/14/2014I have only been there for business lunches - it does serve that purpose very well. I particularly like the salads (personal preference).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY DisappointedwineandfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Osteria Marco many times, but this time was REALLY bad! We go our pizza before the drinks. I actually had to send my martini back because it was soooo salty from the brine on the olives, it was undrinkable. The butternut squash pizza had NO butternut squash. It was soaked in cheese, and again soooo salty. the salads were good. the waitress had a TERRIBLE attitude and made the whole experience really painful! I would never return!Special Features:
- Good date nightdatenightDined on 10/11/2014Food is great, ambiance is perfect for a lively night, but not overwhelming, and the price is reasonable for what you are getting. Good for a date night where you want to really eat well and go for the bottle of wine to relax with.Special Features:
- Wish we would have lovedDNutritionista303Dined on 10/11/2014So many have recommended so we were looking forward to our first time at the restaurant for my birthday dinner. Great wines at, the hostesses were amazing- but our server was monotone and not helpful and the food was sub par. The bistro tender was cold and although the sauce was incredible- it couldn't make up for a cold steak. The risotto tasted sour and neither my husband or I could eat it- and that's rare! We usually love everything and I hate negative reviews.Special Features:
- Great Larimar Square ChoiceDenverPippinDined on 10/11/2014I very much enjoyed all aspects of dinner at Osteria Marco -- this was my 2nd timing here. I love the cozy, warm atmosphere of the dining room. The staff is efficient and knowledgeable. The food is very good. The stand outs for us were the grilled artichoke and the huge portion of delicious mussels. While a restaurant favorite, we did not like the calamari -- we found it overly breaded and the seasonings unbalanced. The meat and cheese platters are yummy --- altho probably overpriced for the portion. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as a Larimar Square dining choice.Special Features:
- good dinnerdonna9391Dined on 10/10/2014everything was good, fun night. My only complaint is that the restaurant is so loud.i understand that most of the noise cannot be helped since it is downstairs. This was my second visit to Denver and second time to the restaurant, would probably go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian place!MarcVIPDined on 10/9/2014Looks a *lot* bigger on the inside - you go downstairs into an very large dining room with wine-bottle lined and Italy themed walls. The food is excellent, particularly the pizzas - the fig and goat cheese pizza I had was not only delicious but not too heavy. Noise levels are high but you can still hear your date, and it's a good first (or second or third) date place. The only problem I had with the restuarant was that it's quite heavy on pizzas and sandwiches - many of your more typical Italian foods (lasagne, etc.) are missing. Not a bad thing, necessarily, just a little unexpected. But in terms of delicious food, reasonable price, and cute location, Osteria Marco is excellent.Special Features:
- Really goodRaybeauxDined on 10/9/2014Everything's great here. House made burrata is Delish. Keep in mind they don't do much pasta at all. We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn AroundmidwestfoodieDined on 10/5/2014We made a reservation for 7:00 pm and were seated right away. The waitress was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We ordered wine, appetizers, salads and main entrees. The cheese board took an inordinately long time to arrive as did the dinner salads. To their credit, they did apologize and offer free dessert and comped the salads. The food was delicious - we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingLiveToEatVIPDined on 10/3/2014We spent the last night of our honeymoon dinning at Osteria Marco. Our waiter served us complimentary prosecco, recommended delicious choices for dinner, and was very attentive to our needs. I would recommend this restaurant for your special occasion.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our first time dining at Osteria Marco. Our waitress had great recommendations for us and all of our food was very good. The only issue for us was how loud it was. We were sitting at a two top table with a two tap table on either side of us, so we felt like we were dining with other people. We like having a little space while dining and we like to speak to one another without having to yell. The food is very good, but we likely won't dine here again based on how crowded and noisy it was.
- JimROpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Wonderful food and service. Quaint. Outstanding value. Pizza crust was wonderful.Special Features:
- Not 5-star, but maybe 4kendrarelDined on 10/2/2014I expected a little bit more in regards to the food (and sampled quite a few things), but the setting is very nice. Wine was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!AnbuDined on 9/30/2014I love Osteria Marco. The food is consistently outstanding, the servers are knowledgable, engaging and professional. The wine list is fantastic. If you are in Denver and you have not been there you have to go. If yu are visiting Denver make sure this restaurant is on your list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAfh1249Dined on 9/28/2014Our first dining experience here was wonderful. Food quality has definitely declined. The short rib though flavored well was dry. The cream of asparagus soup was salty and thin. Wine list is excellent. This will be our last dining experience here.Special Features:
- SeafoodSnoodiefoodieDined on 9/28/2014My table got calamari as our starter and we all felt it was either undercooked or old, and I love raw seafood when it's fresh. I then got the shrimp salad and I had two shrimp that I felt were undercooked as well. My friends pizza was too doughy in the middle, but he still enjoyed it. Growing up in Charleston SC, where quality food is a standard, I can totally see the potential for this place being a foodie hotspot. All that's needed is to work on the cook time of dishes. The ambiance is awesome! Waitstaff is very informed and positive! This might just be a personal east coast preference but I always think it's a good idea to serve seafood dishes with a lemon slice. I'll definently be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as I rememberMagooVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and often recommended it to friends and clients. My fiancé and I were less than impressed when we dined last. The bartender wasn't friendly, didn't smile and was very busy. We were seated at our reservation time, but our server seemed weeded and wasn't very conversational. We ordered apps and decided to not stay for dinner. Overall the restaurant was noisy, more so than I remember, and the staff seemed less than excited to be there. We may try it again as the food is always great, but not sure when.Special Features:
- Love it heredrinkandspoonDined on 9/27/2014Osteria Marco is great and very well priced. I love that I can get a delicious appetizer, pizza, and cocktails here for under 60$. I highly recommend this spot to everyone!Special Features:
- Lucky recommendationAnnieHDined on 9/26/2014One of my patients recommended Osteria Marco and I'm glad she did!! The food was wonderful and it didn't break the bank!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elimcriticDined on 9/23/2014Wonderful spot amidst all the Larimer Street action. Great preparation of uncomplicated options. Maybe the best Manhattan ever!Special Features:
- Greatluv2dineDined on 9/23/2014Service was great, food was delicious--I had pizza and SO had the rabbit--both delicious. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food...busy!TyGuyDined on 9/23/2014Went on a Tuesday night and it was packed. Tables are a little too close together but it's still a great ambiance.Special Features:
- This is the place for pulled pork!foodchickDined on 9/20/2014The food was outstanding, the presentations appealing, and the service was personal, professional and efficient. Thinly sliced, crispy fried green tomatoes with crispy Prosciutto and Ricotta were topped with a unique salsa verde producing a medley of balanced flavors and the all-important crunch factor. We paired the house-made Burrata and Bresaola producing a match made in heaven. Most importantly for me was the pulled pork, boasting a perfect texture and a deep but lively flavor, giving my palette just what is was yearning for. The apple sugo with the short ribs was no less a perfect pairing, and the deconstructed grapefruit cocktail was refreshing. The small outdoor dining area was preferred over the large, dark, indoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love osteria marco!pipereatsVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Denver. Always delicious, great for a group to share salads and pizzas. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Just RightUessDined on 9/18/2014We loved our food. We told our server that we were in a hurry to get to a play, and she moved things right along. We even had time for dessert. Very accommodating and professional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing wine list!Blkdog71Dined on 9/18/2014These guys are wine experts. The food is amazing and service couldn't be better - not too much, just enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Larimer Square restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014This has become our favorite Larimer Square place to eat. Everything is delicious, especially the homemade burrata- best I've ever had. They also have a great selection of Italian wines by the glass. All reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.