1453 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamarco.com/
- Phone: (303) 534-5855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno & Jean-Philippe Failyau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining for parties up to 35 guests for seated events and up to 50 for standing receptions. Full restaurant buyouts are available for parties up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702
A word from Osteria Marco
Osteria Marco is a very social, artisan-style pizzeria in the heart of Larimer Square. The exposed brick dining room is lined with bottles from our exclusively Italian wine list, which features nearly one hundred labels priced under fifty dollars per bottle. We roast the lamb, pork and beef for our panini right in the dining room and craft the cheeses and charcuterie from or salumi bar in house. Osteria Marco has all the amenities of a fine-dining establishment--excellent service, beautiful food, fabulous surroundings--but priced for the more casual, social diner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Osteria Marco - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Osteria Marco reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (211)notable wine list (146)good for groups (113)neighborhood gem (108)special occasion (103)hot spot (89)romantic (80)great for lunch (52)vibrant bar scene (47)great for outdoor dining (45)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food and excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I tried this place based upon the numerous positive reviews and were pleased with our decision. Overall, the food was good. We started with the Calamari, which was tasty; however, they overwhelmed it with a bunch of greens which didn't have much taste so we picked through the greens to locate the Calamari. My wife got the Short Ribs and the presentation was nice, but a fairly small portion. I tried the Shirt Ribs Panini which was good; however, again it came with a side of greens that had maybe a dripping of lemon juice, leaving it fairly bland and undesirable. The wine selection was great and our server was extremely friendly, upbeat and engaging. We will definitely go back but would like to see them reduce some of the focus on such bland greens, or improve the variety and choices of the greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good value for LarimerAJandMPJDined on 11/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great dinner celebrating my mother's 86th birthday dinner before the opera, with delicious pizza, steak (bistro tender) and short-ribs, as well as very tasty and generous specialty salads....the smaller salads were so large I can't imagine what the full size would be. The wine list was extensive, essentially all Italian, and thus a bit of a mystery to me. Our waiter, Brent, was outstanding and recommended an excellent bottle of Ruche, a grape I'd never heard of before. All in all, a great experience and a very reasonable price for the location. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexBVIPDined on 11/20/2014We actually set out looking specifically for pizza & wine for dinner, and found exactly what we were looking for at Osteria Marco. We ordered a bottle of wine to start, and then proceeded to get the chef's tasting for the cheese/meat. While the cheese/meat were good, I didn't particularly care for the bread/"chip" accompaniments. The bread seemed a bit hard, and the other was a bit on the greasy side. We ordered the Carne pizza, and asked for some red onion to be added. For some reason, the pizza showed up only a minute behind the charcuterie. They did take it away and make us a fresh one when the first course was complete. When the pizza arrived, it had mixed onion, red/white, though this was okay, just unexpected. The pizza itself was very good, and I wish we'd ordered two different pizzas. I really like the ambiance of this place, sort of feels a bit homey. Minus the one misstep, the service was friendly and helpful. I wish I lived in Denver so I could go back again. Perhaps next trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and easy casual diningwheatlesDined on 11/19/2014Met a girlfriend for dinner here and enjoyed salad and shared the ever delicious fig pizza. They serve true Italian specialties such as meats and breads and the pizza is crisp thin crust and full of fresh ingredients. Our server was friendly efficient and knowledgeable. She recommended very nice wines for each of us and made sure we never waited for anything. We arrived early and the place was quiet. By the time we left, it was crowded and boisterous: really fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, great foodNelsDined on 11/17/2014We loved the food at Osteria Marco, but the service was far less than friendly. We felt that because we weren't spending a small fortune that the server became quickly apathetic. Hopefully, a different server next time will allow for a more enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, great apps!foodlover22Dined on 11/14/2014I like the decor and feel of this restaurant. It was lively even late at night! The prosciutto and homemade burrata and grilled bread were my favorite things. Also the calamari and the salad it comes in had a delicious dressing on it, with a little kick from the fresno chilies. I want to come back here and get apps and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, in a zooJulysizlVIPDined on 11/14/2014Food was amazing, fresh and well prepared. Waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. Hostesses were rude and unfriendly but no biggie, when you only have to spend one minute of interaction with them. Noise level was almost unbearable as the place was packed out and tables are placed pretty close together. I felt as though we were in a college cafeteria with young 20 somethings surrounding us, several of which were highly intoxicated and I heard more of their loud conversations than my own! Lots and lots of people shoved into one big room and you could not move without hitting someone or getting hit yourself. I would defiantly recommend this restaurant as the food was exceptional although maybe stick to a week night or early weekend evening. Friday night at 7 pm is a zoo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larimer Square GemNickDined on 11/11/2014Been on several occasions and always great. Ambiance and food are hard to beat. Ask for a combo antipasti plate of cheese and meats. Great. The pizza is the best I have had in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFashionFoodieDined on 11/10/2014I come to Denver 2X a year for a work trip and ALWAYS eat here. We've tried other restaurants but none of them compare to the quality of food/price/menu/comfort of OM. It's my 3rd night in Denver and will be my 3rd night eating there!!!! Fresh Buratta is divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto buono!luvgr8fudDined on 11/8/2014After living in bella Napoli for 3 years, my wife and I love to find good Italian food. Osteria Marco did not disappoint. The pizza had us reminiscing of our time in Napoli. The steamed mussels tasted great. They were small, but that's to be expected this far inland. The arancini and brussels sprouts were excellent! Arancini w/pumpkin were a good twist on a classic staple of Italian street food. The short rib and red wine risotto was awesome too. All complete with raspberry ricotta cake, espresso, and a bottle of wine. Not a piece of food or drop of wine was left behind. Even with a packed restaurant, our service was excellent! Our glasses stayed full and they let us enjoy each course, which is important to Italian dining.Special Features:
- Great find!froggie1013VIPDined on 11/8/2014I was pleasantly surprised with our experience at Osteria Marco. The food surpassed expectation, especially the house made meats. My husband and I will definitely be back soon to enjoy another delicious meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014My mom said it was probably one of the best meals she ever had. The service was wonderful. Everything was really just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014We live and work in the suburbs and came downtown to celebrate a work anniversary lunch. The food was great...well thought out and prepared, not too fussy, just very well made. I always like to rate restaurants by their desserts, because that is the last impression I am left with after dining. The desserts were amazing - butterscotch bread pudding!!! We'll be back, it was worth the trip downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place to Rememberluv2eatDined on 11/6/2014I took my partner out for a birthday dinner to Osteria Marco, and it was fabulous! The ambiance was great; the atmosphere was fun, energetic and casual, yet the food was exquisite and elegant. We both enjoyed the fact that Osteria Marco offered a sophisticated dinning experience, that was also within our price point for a celebratory dinner. I'd say it's a great location for a special occasion, or for a casual dinning experience with friends. I ate the the Bistro Tender. All I can say is, oh my word, it was cooked to perfection! I'm still salivating at the thought of that veal! Two thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbieGDined on 11/6/2014Great food, great Larimer square atmosphere, too loud to be romantic, tables too close together as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dinner!gaylecellisDined on 11/5/2014This is a perfect pre-theatre spot. Four of us had appetizers and main courses and everything we tasted was fantastic. The portions are generous, and I also appreciate the fact that their wine mark-up is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paige25Birthday25Dined on 11/2/2014Went here for a friends birthday and loved it. Had the shredded pork special they do on Sunday's. Delicious. Everything we ordered was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceDoctorBillVIPDined on 11/1/2014One of the dining party had special dietary restrictions. The waiter was dismissive & in spite of our efforts to be clear the food ingredients were incorrect. A supervisor apologized & corrected the order. The waiter never apologized and instead conveyed the impression that he was correct and the dining party was at fault.
- JeepDined on 10/31/2014Not a gourmet restaurant, but an "Osteria". Just like Italy. Great Italian wine list. Reasonably priced for Larimer Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSubduedVIPDined on 10/30/2014Ideal in every way - great food, service, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multo BuonoChefForgioneDined on 10/28/2014great way to share food and eat in waves.....order some more if you wish for the second or third waveSpecial Features:
- Vacationmamaalt58Dined on 10/27/2014We came upon this restaurant and LOVED it. Food, atmosphere - everything was perfect for what we wanted.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014The food was so good. Started with the cheese and meat appetizer and it was delicious. The prosciutto pizza was great. Our sever was very knowledgeable with the menu. Everything about this restaurant was fantastic. I left saying "Wow." Would highly recommend eating at Osteria Marco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is limitedC2computerVIPDined on 10/25/2014I had high hopes for this restaurant, especially with all the food listed on the website... only problem is the menu is much smaller and in my opinion, too small and not enough selection. The salads we ordered were very basic, didn't taste homemade for dressings, eggplant parm we split and was good but nothing out of this world. I work hard for my paycheck everyday so when I spend a chunk of money on sub par food I feel the need to let others know, just too many better restaurants in the area to spend my $ here.
- Great downtown eaterybsharpDined on 10/24/2014The food here is incredible and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braised short ribFairDined on 10/24/2014I ordered the braised short rib and it was horrible, including the Risotto. All I could taste was salt. I ate 2 bites and that was all I could handle. MY husband had a pizza, which was good and my beet salad was good. I don't know that I would go back because of my entrée.Special Features:
- AwesomeDeliciousdishDined on 10/23/2014I've been here several times, and Osteria Marco never disappoints!Special Features:
- A great place for a loud groupEscapeWyoDined on 10/22/2014Loud, affordable Italian restaurant with lots of activity going around all the time. Waiters are kept busy by full tables. The beef risotto dinner and pizza tasted like it had been dredged in salt and then salted again just to make sure. Cut back by half on the salt and the food flavor will come through. It wasn't inedible, just that both dishes were enough to ensure that we probably won't be coming back soon since there are so many other better choices right in the vicinity.Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Now I didn't order anything crazy-Caesar salad and marg pizza. It was ok. My mom had eggplant parm and loved it. I say it was fine, prob won't suggest it to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I choose Osteria Marco whenever I have a special occasion (and because I love it). The menu is diverse enough to please anyone I bring with me. The service is exceptional. Everything about Osteria Marco keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014I was hoping for more out of a Larimer Square restaurant, especially since my experiences at others in that block have been superb. As the review title indicates, I'd rate most everything as average. The hostess wasn't overly enthused (never smiled), the waitress didn't introduce herself to us and was elusive, the butternut squash pizza that someone at our table ordered was pretty bad (pools of butter(?) and hardly any squash), and another pizza was partially burnt. I will say that the place was "cute," but there are much better choices in the area!Special Features:
- Over RatedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014TOOOO noisy, TOOO crowded (tables on top of each other). Small portions - nothing extra, not even bread I won't be back!
- Pleasant SurprisePeak14115Dined on 10/18/2014In town for the Rock and Roll running event we needed a place for dinner and one that could accommodate a wheelchair. They were ready for us at reservation time and can accommodate wheelchairs even though the dining area is downstairs. Very pleasant staff, nice ambiance. Not romantic but certainly not a sports bar. Very interesting menu and everything we had was quite good. It was interesting in another way - only one pasta dish! For carb loading runners we were taken aback but had a good meal anyway. Check out the menu before you go. Also a very good wine selection. Definitely a great dining experience, especially with a small group so you can share the wide variety of interesting dishes. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Definitely a great place for groups, large or small. The noise level is very loud compared to other restaurants. The food was phenomenal. Our meal: (1) Chef's Assortments - Cheeses; (2) Prosciutto Pizza; (3) Rabbit; (4) Panna Cotta; (5) Wine and Cocktails. Serves was on point and our waiter was very informative about the dishes. The best part, our entire dining experiences was under $100. Definitely would recommend Osteria and we will be coming back.Special Features:
- Biz LunchCharlieBrownDined on 10/14/2014I have only been there for business lunches - it does serve that purpose very well. I particularly like the salads (personal preference).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY DisappointedwineandfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Osteria Marco many times, but this time was REALLY bad! We go our pizza before the drinks. I actually had to send my martini back because it was soooo salty from the brine on the olives, it was undrinkable. The butternut squash pizza had NO butternut squash. It was soaked in cheese, and again soooo salty. the salads were good. the waitress had a TERRIBLE attitude and made the whole experience really painful! I would never return!Special Features:
- Good date nightdatenightDined on 10/11/2014Food is great, ambiance is perfect for a lively night, but not overwhelming, and the price is reasonable for what you are getting. Good for a date night where you want to really eat well and go for the bottle of wine to relax with.Special Features:
- Wish we would have lovedDNutritionista303Dined on 10/11/2014So many have recommended so we were looking forward to our first time at the restaurant for my birthday dinner. Great wines at, the hostesses were amazing- but our server was monotone and not helpful and the food was sub par. The bistro tender was cold and although the sauce was incredible- it couldn't make up for a cold steak. The risotto tasted sour and neither my husband or I could eat it- and that's rare! We usually love everything and I hate negative reviews.Special Features:
- Great Larimar Square ChoiceDenverPippinDined on 10/11/2014I very much enjoyed all aspects of dinner at Osteria Marco -- this was my 2nd timing here. I love the cozy, warm atmosphere of the dining room. The staff is efficient and knowledgeable. The food is very good. The stand outs for us were the grilled artichoke and the huge portion of delicious mussels. While a restaurant favorite, we did not like the calamari -- we found it overly breaded and the seasonings unbalanced. The meat and cheese platters are yummy --- altho probably overpriced for the portion. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as a Larimar Square dining choice.Special Features:
- good dinnerdonna9391Dined on 10/10/2014everything was good, fun night. My only complaint is that the restaurant is so loud.i understand that most of the noise cannot be helped since it is downstairs. This was my second visit to Denver and second time to the restaurant, would probably go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.