11712 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osterialatini.com/
- Phone: 3108269222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday:5:30PM - 10:30PM
Sunday : 5:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: PAOLO PASIO
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: FROM 10 TO 100 PEOPLE PLEASE CONTACT 310-826-9222
A word from Osteria Latini
ONE OF THE ONLY 30 RESTAURANTS IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA TO BE QUALIFIED BY THE ITALIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. Nestled in the luxurious neighborhood of Brentwood, California, Osteria Latini offers a perfectly executed and eclectic array of Italian fusion cuisine. Head chef and owner Paolo Pasio brings his extensive knowledge from years as a restaurateur to this, his grandest achievement. His creations range from simple and divine to original and inventive, yet each one is sure to satisfy even the most discerning of tastes. Whether you begin your meal with one of many superb wines from their extensive wine list, end it with their famous homemade sorbet, or dive right in to one of their many mouth-watering appetizers and main courses, Osteria Latini always leaves its patrons with a feeling of jovial satisfaction.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria Latini reviews from OpenTable diners
- What a great restaurant. UnfortunatLindaVIPDined on 11/10/2013What a great restaurant. Unfortunately I learned that they are closing next week. What a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencenicknameVIPDined on 11/9/2013It was terrific. We loved the food and the service was very good Only glitch was that we called to change the reservation time and they didn't make note of the change; however, they found us a table right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentSadnessDined on 11/9/2013We had not been for several years, and only went because the friends we were meeting suggested it. What a profound disappointment. I had a steak entree described as "tagliata style"- instead, it was served covered in a bbq style sauce. It ruined a perfectly good piece of meat. Not being one to send back food barring epic problems, I ate a little and chalked it up to a poor choice. Figured I'd just eat extra dessert. My companions found their dishes to be acceptable - but not particularly good. Then, dessert. We ordered a lemon dessert and a chocolate dessert to share. Both were basically burnt. Totally out of character, we sent both back. Inedible. But for the delightful company, it was a waste of an evening. Won't be back again. So sad.
- Favorite gem is going away!1 boo hoeatOCLAVIPDined on 11/4/2013I love Osteria latini and just learned it has been sold.. It was a wonderful restautrant. great food, wonderful staff and great for all occasions... I shall miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findRMDdinesoutDined on 10/22/2013This is a small restaurant, so I would recommend making a reservation. The service and food were both great. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. It was quiet so we could actually have a nice conversation at the table. We got there early and were planning to have a glass of wine at the bar while we waited for the rest of our party. They do not have a bar Instead they just sat us at our table early while we waited. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ItalianMakojoshVespaDined on 10/17/2013Had a very good dinner in one of well-known upscale neighborhood. I liked the atmosphere of the dining area which has more of a private and secluded feeling. Met by friendly staffs, loved the food especially the risotto and the pasta! Would love to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement Party of 9 PeopleStuckyGDined on 10/12/2013Excellent service, held our reservation when our party was 20 minutes late, friendly and caring, made us all feel comfortable, great menu, and tasty Italian food. Really convenient that you can make reservations online and they call to confirm with you. Overall, just a terrific restaurant! If you drink wine and have maybe an appetizer or dessert, the average for our party of nine was $50/person. So just come prepared to spend about $100/couple if in a group. But the restaurant ambiance, food presentation, delicious tastes, and excellent service made it well worth it. Take a look at their website--detailed and right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around good foodDbrookmaVIPDined on 8/23/2013I was surprised to have a very good and memorable dinner. The chef / owner is interactive with the customer base and makes them feel at home and very welcome in his restaurant. The food is very good and the space is warm and homey. Being from Philadelphia, I find it hard to find good Italian food, and this was very good.Special Features:
- Very lovely place in Brentwood.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2013Very lovely place in Brentwood. Chef is on hand and very friendly. food is very tasty, as well as a great wine list. The tables, chairs and ambience is very pleasant. Note: Service 4 out of 5 because of the bussing service. Plates removed too quickly, and too many reach overs. Note: Food 4 out of 5 because it was a little light in flavor and seasoning. I order Beat salad and mushroom risotto. Both were very nice but light in flavor for Italian fair. Overall I will go back and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time is the charm.......ZCHANNELVIPDined on 8/18/2013I was looking for a quiet place with great cuisine. I found it in Osteria Latini. The branzino and Lake Superior whitefish were perfectly done and very delicious. We began with an heirloom tomato salad and the raw baby artichoke salad. We had a fantastic dining experience while eating healthy. Service was very prompt and accurate. The staff could not have been more helpful. No question that we will be back and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/5/2013Our party of four enjoyed an artichoke and endive salad as well as other appetizers, three different pasta dishes and a Chicken Milanaise. All were good although the Milanaise was a bit on the pale side (coating much better in the past). Service was very good. Cost was about $90 per couple for our party including four entrees, 3 appetizers, 3 drinks (wine).Special Features:
- Shel KOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/30/2013Had a really incredible meal - Branzino was among the best I have ever had and so was the Eggplant appetizer. Wait staff and Owner were very attentive and since we were celebrating someone's special anniversary, they kindly brought a tray of assorted (and excellent) desserts on the house. This was our 3rd visit there in the last year and it has gotten better each time. Will definitely go back and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Consistently great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/27/2013We love this neighborhood restaurant. In a neighborhood with some really good trendy restaurants, Osteria Latini stands out for its moderately priced but still excellent food served by friendly waiters with no pretense!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!EllieDined on 7/26/2013We had a delicious dinner and the service was wonderful. I had asked for a round table for my party of six when I made my reservaton and was deighted to find that they had honored my request. The artichoke salad and brandzino were perfection and all my guest enjoyed their meals as well.Special Features:
- Like being in ItalyslwdcwVIPDined on 7/25/2013It is a standout of authenticity in an area known for quality Italian fare. Their nightly specials are always outstanding and give the confidence that the kitchen knows what it is doing.Special Features:
- Excellent food prepared with careScottGVIPDined on 7/23/2013Osteria is one of our "go-to" regulars - when we want a great meal without a lot of pretensions or fuss we head here. There are always terrific daily specials but anything off the regular menu (there's a great salad with pears, chicken milanese and piccata that are superb) will satisfy even the most fussy diner. I can recommend Osteria without hesitation.Special Features:
- Osteria Latini is third inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013Osteria Latini is third in line of the other "Osterias" I like, Angelini Osteria - my favorite Italian restaurant in Los Angeles by far - and Osteria Mossa, but still very good food and a festive atmosphere. Saturday night was packed; not a single open table. I had a veal scaloppini with prosciutto that is a staple of good Italian cuisine that was very good. The calamari with just OK, with only rounds 0 - no whole quid - and a bland batter but a spinach salad was very good and the restaurant offered a nice lemon concoction as as an amuse de bouche which served as deessertSpecial Features:
- Three for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2013Hi: My friends and I had a splendid time at Osteria Latini. We appreciated being allowed to remain and chat for quite some time. The food was very nice, particularly the gnocchi and the artichoke salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAb food - weak a/cRKSSVIPDined on 6/29/2013I know it's Ca and everyone says open air is sufficient but really? Use the a/c-I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Father's Day Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013My family came here to celebrate Father's Day a night early, and it was perfect! The food was absolutely delicious, and there were so many choices. My dad is a vegetarian and he was able to choose from a variety of items that he could eat. The ambiance was great, even though the place is quite small, you don't really feel it. The service was a little slow- we had to ask to have our orders taken after sitting there for a while, but it was busy in the restaurant so not a big deal. Overall, had a lovely dinner at Osteria Latini and will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner for 4 on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2013We had dinner for 4 on a Saturday night. The restaurant is welcoming and lovely. Our waiter was outstanding. The food was variable. The Dover sole and osso bucco were great; the vegetable and turkey lasagna and the bone-in filet were so-so. There was a complimentary lemon dessert that was fabulous. The berry crumble was more like a berry muffin and somewhat dry. The cheesecake was only so-so. The chocolate mousse, served with sorbet, was outstanding.
- My new favorite Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2013This is the best vongole I have found in Los Angeles. And efficient and attentive staff. A cozy welcoming environment. I felt like I was back in Rome. Finally an Italian restaurant that's affordable and feels like Italy. I can't wait to go back here. I travel to Italy frequently on business so I have high standards for Italian food. And this restaurant exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a quiet lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/12/2013Great place for a quiet lunch with a friend on a weekday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from valet to servers, politeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2013from valet to servers, polite and helpful .............. it's a classy placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome hidden restaurantBheaterVIPDined on 6/6/2013To know this place is a gift.. This restaurant is on busy San Vincent's in the middle of Brentwood California. restaurant impressive.. Not large but found the food and service excellent. Dress is casual Los Angeles. the menu is complete and large wine list. The chef/ owner is very on top of things.. food is great with plenty plenty . The daily specials are wonderful and for sure a must try!!!Special Features:
- Great service, great food.Lb2vaDined on 5/14/2013First time guests. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The food was excellent, and the service was excellent. The branzino was moist and flavorable. The fish is brought to the table and shown to the guest before fileted and plated. The steak was served cooked as ordered, medium rare. The linguini was al dente, and the clams tender. When the wait staff learned we were there celebrating a birthday, they brought out a dessert plate for the birthday girl with a taste, a substantial taste, of a wonderful selection of desserts. A very nice surprise, and it delighted the recipient. We will return.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/2/2013We returned to Osteria Latini after a long break and were looking forward to a great experience. While the food didn't disappoint, the service was not great. The waiter and the hostess engaged in an ongoing conversation over an iPhone while we waited... The empty plates set on the table, the wine wasn't poured, the desert menus didn't show up for 10 minutes, etc. And they were not that busy. Not sure I will return...Special Features:
- It's a bit of a tight squeezeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013It's a bit of a tight squeeze but everyone is so friendly and happy to see you, it feels like a big hug!Special Features:
- I love Osteria Latini. ItAprilVIPDined on 4/6/2013I love Osteria Latini. It is one of my all time favorite restaurants. It's a total neighborhood gem. The food is wonderful as is the service/Special Features:
- Great experience! This greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Great experience! This great neighborhood restaurant really impressed me. We were seated promptly at our scheduled reservation time. The waiter was calm cool,professional and knowledgeable. As he opened and poured our bottle of wine he informed us of the specials. WE ordered the Chesapeake Clams appetizer which were fresh bountiful and amazing. My date ordered the Branzino(sea bass)pan seared whole then filleted and served with asparagus broccoli and garlic sauteed spinach which was brought to us in the pan to view before being filleted and served,superb! I ordered the pounded veal chop Marsala. Again perfectly prepared and served. Overall a great experience! I Highly recommend Osteria Latina!Special Features:
- One of my favorite ItalianSaraDined on 3/21/2013One of my favorite Italian restaurants in town. They made my birthday dinner very special, even with a custom cake. Love this restaurant. It's my neighborhood go-to for special nights.Special Features:
- The bone-rib eye (not on theDinerVIPDined on 3/20/2013The bone-rib eye (not on the menu) was excellent. The Calamari Fritti was tender and fresh. Items on the menu and service are always consistent and very good.Special Features:
- I was late to our four-womanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2013I was late to our four-woman birthday gathering. Merrick (sp), the server, was very patient and attentive. The food was excellent, as usual.Special Features:
- good food, very hospitable,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013good food, very hospitable, cute neighborhood placeSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food & Fab StaffVickiBVIPDined on 3/14/2013The food is excellent and the owner/chef and staff are friendly and professional. You can't ask for a better experience. There were 6 of us and we asked to have everything served family style so we could taste everything. They were very accommodating.Special Features:
- Food was good - portions areBUBBOVIPDined on 3/10/2013Food was good - portions are on the smaller size. Nice cannelini bean spread & olive spread, as well, to get you started. Very busy on a Sunday night.Special Features:
- Smallish, intimate room.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Smallish, intimate room. Kind of reminded me of one of the restaurant scenes from The Godfather!Parking is often a challenge in Brentwood.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner here!AndrewVIPDined on 3/3/2013We had a great dinner here! Great traditional italian food, good service, good wine, and a charming ambiance. What more could you want. Perfect neighborhood italian.Special Features:
- Brentwood Dinner Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2013Wonderful food and amazing quality. Good prices for the area and we will return. We were there when it wasSpecial Features:
- i have had a better experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013i have had a better experience there for dinner than lunch. We were the first to arrive for lunch. There was hard rock music playing very loud. When I asked the waiter if he could change the music he said "no, the music changes on its own." Then the next song was like mexican folk music. Then everyone in my party got their food and mine was sitting on the side in the back getting cold. The waiter proceeded to serve another table before he put my food on the plate. I ordered the sole with shellfish. I guess he was not counting on the fact that I knew that was my food back there. I didn't like the service and wont be back for lunch. My experience for dinner in the past was much better.