Osteria La Buca
5210 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Osteria La Buca
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osterialabuca.com/
- Phone: (323) 462-1900
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm -10:30pm;
Friday: 6:00 - 11:00pm;
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Pasta Room is available for chef's tasting menus for parties up to ten. Our upstairs dining room can hold up to 36 people for a seated dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Jackie x
A word from Osteria La Buca
Osteria la Buca is located on Melrose Ave, two blocks East of Paramount Studios on the edge of Hollywood. We celebrate the gift that is Southern California produce and grass roots Italian cooking. We have a focused list of Italian and California wines and offer a full bar specializing in boutique spirits from around the world. All of our pastas are prepared on premise daily. We represent handmade, local and farm fresh traditions. We welcome all to gather around our tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Osteria La Buca - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Osteria La Buca reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (60)romantic (28)good for groups (21)special occasion (21)hot spot (18)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good food; nice vibe; too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/23/2014Very nice place with tasty food, though small portions (the bread was laughably so). The burrata salad was very nice. The gnocchi sauce was better than the gnocchi themselves. The gluten-free pasta was fair (a bit overcooked and thin tasting). The service was very good. The noise level was a bit too high to talk, thanks to the loud music level. We didn't get to see the upstairs dining area, which others have lauded. A very good choice for dinner in Hollywood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigeaterVIPDined on 11/22/2014The food and service were outstanding. Our waitress went out of her way to make of feel very welcome and very attentive throughout our entire dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014The food is delicious!! We always make a point of stopping into Osteria La Buca for dinner when travelling from Australia! The staff are so welcoming and the scene is very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food!!!bebeDined on 11/5/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Everything we order is simply amazing. The ricotta croquettes, brussel sprouts, short rib ravioli, pork meatballs, and the tagliatelle bolognese are our absolute favorites. We will be back soon to have some pizza we were eying from a table nearby. You can't miss with anything on the menu. The restaurant is beautiful too.Special Features:
- Always Love La BucabrydogDined on 11/4/2014Great italian joint -- fancy and foodie-friendly, but not ridiculously expensive, and classic enough to satisfy normal folks like me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Restaurant!5courseVIPDined on 11/3/2014Honestly, every meal there is nothing below stellar. Great food, great drinks and great staff. Thank you!Special Features:
- LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVETheLADinerDined on 11/3/2014It's like falling back in love every time I come to Osteria La Buca! I think I've tried just about every item on the menu by now; you just can't go wrong. When does that ever happen at a restaurant? My recent favorites are: The Grilled Escarole Salad, Pappardelle Bolognese, The Sopressata Pizza, The Chicken Parmigiana, White Beans (side), and any of the desserts...I even love their coffee, and I almost forgot their cocktails are off the charts delicious! Buon appetito!Special Features:
- GREAT CHICKEN PARMOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Pretty big portion so I ate half and took half home! But AMAZING!Special Features:
- Entertaining GuestsMontecitoDined on 10/25/2014This was a perfect eclectic/foodie place to take business guests. It is a trendy and fun place to dine and drink. No need to throw on the black tie or gown. Just put on a good pair of jeans and a shirt and enjoy. The staff were attentive, informed, friendly and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- osteria la bucaanneDined on 10/22/2014I was at osteria la buca twice last week. I went on wednesday with girlfriends and liked it so much, that i got my hubby to go back with me on friday night. the pizza is as good as mozza. the pasta dishes are amazing, we loved the bolognese. their chichen parm is perfect.Special Features:
- Delicious!SweetloveVIPDined on 10/21/2014We had a great dinner here. We had the roasted brussel sprouts, which were fantastic, and I had their pasta w/ lamb dish with their gluten free pasta, which was excellent. Not a lot of restaurants can get the gluten free pasta right, and this was completely delicious. Cute, cozy little spot. Our waiter was great.
- Great SpotBigPDined on 10/10/2014Addicted to the vibe and the food! Perfect ambiance for a great date night. Food is made superbly, just that added little touch and flair. Nothing over the top and ridiculous, just really, really good. Price point is on target and portions are welcomingly appropriate in size to fill your belly with some shared bites for your table, a sampling of everybody's dish is recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in LA !FrankieDDined on 10/9/2014The food is absolutely delicious Italian fare in a modern setting. The staff is attentive and the bartender Wes is one of the best in LA.Special Features:
- Such a great restaurantSupernovaLADined on 10/7/2014This is my go to restaurant for absolutely delicious food, at a price that fits the quality. The service is impeccable. I love coming here with friends from out of town, family... it's just always the best pick. The fact that they rotate their ingredients according to what is in season is attractive to me, and the dishes are wholesome, inventive and perfect portions. Can't say enough good things about Osteria La Buca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014This is a real neighborhood gem. I have been here many times with my husband and friends. Food has always been good. Fresh pasta is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialbatmanDined on 9/22/2014We were stuck in traffic, called that we would be late and miss our reservation time. Not only were we reassured that there would be no problem, we were seated in a few minutes even though they were packed. Food was excellent. Service was unbeatable. The upstairs room is a gem (and we could use our own ipod music there.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodWellFedTravelerDined on 9/20/2014We had a great time here. It's an attractive, fun space. The noise level is high but we were still able to converse easily. The food is very good -- authentic Italian and Italian-American mostly. The wine list is small but good and the corkage policy (one bottle free for every bottle purchased off their list) is fair. It ended up being 60 bucks a person, all included, which seems high for what is really a very casual restaurant. But that's the only complaint. Oh, and the valet parking was overwhelmed -- long wait for cars.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiancebjpwhollywoodDined on 9/19/2014While outside of the edge of the Melrose restaurant scene, Osteria had great food, outstanding service all in a really unique and interesting setting. Went there on a first date and wasn't disappointed by anything. The staff was great and wait staff exceptional. Interesting food options both for apps and entres. I'm a sucker for homemade pasta and both my date and I really enjoyed to food, great wine and the high ceiling romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- heavenly pastaeastsidefoodieDined on 9/17/2014The best pasta I have ever had. I'm Italian and I've had my grandmother's homemade, handmade pasta. Don't tell Grzandma, but La Buca's pasta is even better and f that's saying something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014This restaurant has to be one of the best we have been to in Los Angeles. The food and service is second to none! Very unique dishes prepared to perfection. A delightful experience that should be shared by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Happy We Went There!ChowhoundVIPDined on 9/15/2014I was first introduced to La Buca by friends last year and have been back a half dozen times since. It's New York brick and glass with a less than glamorous view of a City Health Services building across the street, but I can't think of another negative. The food is always wonderfully light but delicious, the ingredients are fresh (the night I was there the lamb pasta wasn't available because the chef wasn't happy with the quality of the lamb), the drinks are well made and the service is great. If you're near Paramount and you're hungry, this is the place. Plus they've always got great music playing! Go!Special Features:
- EFoodmanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We were upstairs in the pasta making room and had it all to ourselves. This led to a wonderful ambiance and didn't detract an iota from the attentiveness of the service. We were delighted with the server's recommendations (and her wonderful personality)...the brussel sprouts were to die for, and between us we had an assortment of homemade pasta dishes that were all excellent. We didn't follow her suggestions on desert selection and as a consequence had a very average apple crisp. we're looking forward to coming coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyTheMadTasterDined on 9/7/2014Driving up to the restaurant, one really doesn't know what to expect. The neighborhood is not a shiny new dime and the unassuming facade does not forewarn of the treasures inside. Once inside, the place really shows itself. There is a sense of quality here. The service is perfect. It is comfortable, confident and courteous - from the server to the runners and bussers. It was instantly comfortable to be there. The food is a rare and delicate find. The burrata was simple but mouth-watering but the star of the night was the short rib ravioli which made me wonder why I've wasted so many meals eating other foods... Will definitely return. Much love to this place.Special Features:
- High HopesappljuiceVIPDined on 9/7/2014Finding them on yelp, I had high hopes. Cool decor, friendly staff, but a two flies harassed my friend and I all night and even though I made mention of the room upstairs being too warm, and fanned myself with the menu, the air didn't kick on for about 30 minutes (until about 12 other diners joined us in the space). The dungeness crab pasta dish I ordered was...okay, but just lacking an actual yummy taste. My friend ordered the pasta with a fried egg and pancetta... she nibbled at it for some time, but it was just..."meh." We both were thinking we should have just had more traditional spaghetti and meatballs or chicken parm.
- Service top notch, food disappointsnginlaDined on 9/5/2014Good stuff: friendly and attentive staff, nice settings, loud but energetic and fun, great cocktails, amazing zucchini flower and meatball appetizers, good salted caramel dessert. Meh stuff: all four diners found the food in general bland and tasteless. Except for the above-mentioned dishes, everything seemed like it lacked salt or any kind of seasoning or distinctive taste. You could taste the base ingredient but not much else. A pizza with prosciutto and egg in the center just tasted bready, no flavor from the prosciutto or other seasonings except around the egg. Carbonara had no taste either, even though it was covered in sauce. Desserts weren't great. Would go back, but we will try protein dishes instead of pizza and pasta next time.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant!iamericagibsonDined on 9/2/2014The ambiance and service is top notch. Everyone who works there is so friendly and helpful. Try the Rigatoni, Spaghetti Nero and Short Rib Ravioli—all are incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOutandaboutDined on 8/31/2014Came here with two ladies that are in their 70's. The portions were perfect, favors terrific and the service prompt but not cloying. We had an early(of course) reservation so the nouse level was fine for them until we left and the place was now packed. Much easier to hear in here versus his NY restuarants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the way gemLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 8/30/2014Charming and romantic, but vibrant, Italian restaurant, out of the hectic Hollywood center. All homemade pasta, and all outstanding. The NY Steak was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Great watermelon and heirloom tomato salad. Very friendly and expert service. A very enjoyable experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hand-made pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Great service and great food. We asked our server's recommendations and discovered some new great dishes! The pasta is all made by hand here, and cooked al dente like it should be. Nero Spaghetti - The squid-ink spaghetti was great (nice bite) and a little spicy which was nice. They did not skimp on the seafood! Fusilli Cecci - A new dish for me and a great summertime meal. The fusilli is mixed with spinach, chickpeas and walnuts in a light lemon/garlic sauce and just enough cheese to make it slightly gooey, but not too much. Definitely the winner of the night. Dessert was tiramisu and butterscotch budino, both of which were good, although I think there was a bit too much salt in the salted caramel topping.Special Features:
- A FavoriteTimEDined on 8/27/2014Fantastic food and service but conversation is always a challenge because the noise level is almost extreme.Special Features:
- Yummy in my Tummy!MonikaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Make reservation - Use opentable. Garlic Bread - Nicely toasted with Mozzarella cheese and a hit of fresh Basil leaves. Comes in 3 piece. Crispy Cauliflower - Best part was it comes baked and not deep fried. Still have the crispiness with flavors. Cast iron baked zuca - AMAZING. Its looks like lasagna. Has all veggies and smothered with cheese. Very flavorful and yummy!! Its a small dish so if you are really hungry try something else too. Tiramisu - MUST TRY!!!! Its soft and smooth and so falvourful! Will melt in your mouth! Staff was very nice and service was good! The only problem I had was, getting a seat right away because they were running full. But I am 9 mo pregnant so have very low patience. Can't stand for too long :)Special Features:
- SimpleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I ordered a bolognese with rigatoni, a play on one if the menu items. So, great service. Pasta is made fresh, sauce reduction great, pretty darn good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but "eh" service.DontworrybehappyDined on 8/17/2014Let me first say that I love this place! It's a great spot with tasty food and a wonderful ambiance. My only issue with OLB is the service. This isn't an isolated issue but something I've experienced every time I've come here. I'm not sure what the root of the issue stems from but the service is slow and disappointing. The staff is good... when you can get ahold of them. The food is great! I think I've tasted just about everything on the menu and have never been let down. Interesting dishes, price is good, and the drinks are on par as well. Good for groups, a romantic dinner with your wife, or just a night out after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner spotBigscroogeDined on 8/14/2014This was a first date pick. Online reviews convinced me this place was the right choice. The food was great. Service was prompt. Bar and bartender were fun after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DiscoverysmagicDined on 8/10/2014I was headed to an event on Melrose Ave and decided to look over some Open Table reviews. Osteria LA Buca popped up with a LOT of great reviews so I checked the menu and it looked pretty amazing. They opened at 5pm and I booked a table for two. I got there about ten minutes before opening and the hostess opened the door saying "Come on in and have a seat. No reason to stand outside." Immediately after that we were surrounded by the folks working there treating us like family. At that point, I was so very happy about the choice, but it got better. I had an astounding salad with cheese, fresh tomato and seared peaches. WOW. They also make all their pasta on site and we both had it. Just amazing ! Truly a great find !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I drove by it so many times...JobibVIPDined on 8/1/2014We live right in Larchmont Village and somehow never stopped here. The design of the space is modern and airy. Very cool vibe. The service outstanding and the food is amazing. We take our two young boys with us, and while they don't have a kids menu (which they need), they are very accommodating and make something special for them. We highly recommend Osteria La Buca.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014The food is really the star of the show here. Tables and chairs could be more comfortable, this is not their strong suit. Street parking at lunch is not great, found that we had to jump up in the middle, run and feed the meter. Extremely busy intersection and you need to be careful when you park. It's a narrow street, so, you have to wait for traffic to clear to avoid opening your door to exit the driver's side otherwise you might get run over by a car or a cyclists. Only offer valet parking at night. We were there for lunch, I'm sure the place would have been cuter in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 421 reviews are from the Osteria La Buca reviews archive.
- One of my Faves!MmfoodieDined on 7/27/2014I love this place. It's in my neighborhood and so I go there every couple of weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Dining ExperiencepopepickDined on 7/27/2014Had a small group dinner here on Sunday evening, and everything about the experience was exceptional. The food, the drink, the service, the atmosphere, all were first rate. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Like ItalyShankabelaDined on 7/26/2014We have dined at Osteria La Buca several times and have never been disappointed. We have taken several friends there and they all love it, including and Italian friend who says Osteria La Buca reminds him of Rome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.