Osteria I Nonni
981 sibley memorial hwy
Lilydale, MN 55118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Osteria I Nonni
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.inonnirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6519051081x7
- Hours of Operation:
Dinning Room Begins Service at 5:00pm Monday-Saturday Bar Opens at 4:00pm Monday-Friday 5:00pm Saturday Reduced Price Wine and Drinks 4:00pm-6:00pm Monday-Friday With Limited Appetizer Menu Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Walter Buffalo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining events for up to forty guests available in our wine cellar.
- Private Party Contact: Tom 6519051081x7
A word from Osteria I Nonni
Osteria I Nonni, the Twin Cities premiere Italian fine dining destination has been recognized by Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine's editors and readers as the top Italian table in the region seven years running. Our cuisine is contemporary and innovative focusing on central and southern traditions. Specialties include fresh seafood, house-made pastas, local and organic ingredients as well as desserts made from scratch. Our menu changes five times annually to offer the freshest most seasonal dishes possible. I Nonni's wine program has been nationally recognized with over five hundred labels gathered from Italy's finest wine artisans. Our bar offers twenty fine wines by the glass as well as grappa, amaro and other Italian distillates that highlight a deep, superb selection of spirits, aperitivi and cocktails. I Nonni's intimate setting makes it the perfect dining experience for special occasions as well as everyday enjoyment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria I Nonni reviews from OpenTable diners
- I love this restaurant! TheJipatroVIPDined on 7/5/2013I love this restaurant! The food is wonderful, and so it the staff. They are extremely accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food served well. ASnickDined on 6/21/2013Great food served well. A true Italian dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013Our favorite place in the twin cities - we love this restaurantSpecial Features:
- I am not a foodie and don'tFamilyTreksDined on 5/31/2013I am not a foodie and don't go out to restaurants of this caliber often. The food was very good, they served good portions, and best of all, service was very friendly and not at all pretentious, which is something I hate in upscale restaurants.Special Features:
- For Special OccasionsoxvalDined on 5/31/2013Great place for special occasions. Pricey - - but you get what you pay for.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressedpalpayDined on 5/25/2013All four of us were unimpressed. It was apparent from the start that our waitress wasn't happy or just didn't want to be there. The food was average and the steak my friend chose had a lot of fat in it and was very expensive. The bread was good but we all expected more. My wife likes everything and rarely voices her displeasure but was quick to tell me that we will never go back which I already knew. Our friends said they will not return either.
- A top 10 meal of all time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013My wife and I have been to Euope several times. I consider I Nonni one of our 10 top meals ever.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2013We had their tasting menu. The only reason we didn't go 5 stars on food is that we tried something new, the pan fried crab, which we've never had before and didn't really care for it. That may be all on us though as we really didn't know how to eat it and the texture was not to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High noise level lessens the wholeBerky64VIPDined on 5/18/2013Food is great, although I would rate Parma and Campiello higher. Service was excellent! The space is big, echoey and creates an unlovely ambience. We had to shout to hear each other. The outside dining area is lovely, but we were told that it gets impossibly buggy in the summer.Special Features:
- There were two for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013There were two for dinner. One person's meal was almost inedible. The other meal was excellent. The service, however, was universally very poor. The waitress was barely civil and would disappear for prolonged periods of time. The wait between our salad and our main course was ridiculously long. We would not go there again.
- Italian done exceptionally wellpapakumaDined on 5/14/2013Looking for pizza and pasta? This is not the place. This is nouvelle cuisine in Italy done exceptionally well. The flavors are so well blended and prepared and the presentation is magnificent to say nothing about the exquisite Italian wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasting tuesdaypiekhamDined on 5/14/2013Menu for tasting Tuesday was ok. Regular menu was much better. If you go and have never tried the menu good selection but if this is Not your first time there and want to get a good deal just do their regular tasting menu for only $6 more. Waitress was much more engaging to other tables but was very quiet towards ours. If i come back with the same group of people would just suggest the regular tasting menu selection instead and with that you don't really have to schedule for a specific night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something changed -OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2013We haven't eaten here since last summer and were extremely disappointed. Our first 2 choices of wines ($50 plus) were not available. They server finally suggested something they actually had in the restaurant. Our salads were very nice, but that was the only nice part. Our entres were very bland -- the gnocchi with tomato sauce tasted like something out of a can. Honestly, no seasoning. I love gnocchi and was very surprised. The lasagne tasted like goulash with ground sausage. Not as described. The desserts sounded good but after getting tricked into thinking the main menu would be good we decided to skip our usual cappuccino and dessert. We won't be back for a while-- And we plan to check the blogs for reviews before we return.
- First time will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2013Wonderful drinks and food! My wife and I enjoyed the different menu options and the tasting menu was a great dealSpecial Features:
- Lovely evening!StarvingDined on 5/10/2013We brought out of town friends here from Nashville. They mentioned they don't have good Italian restaurants there. I Nonni was wonderful! Our server was attentive and didn't rush us. The food was delicious from appetizers to dessert. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Great service dissapointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2013The restaurant entrance was hidden which made it hard to find. However once we were inside the restaurant, it was very nice. We enjoyed the decor and lighting. The service was hospitable and one of the best parts of our experience. Our server had trouble answering a few questions, yet overall very pleasant. The food was the problem. The cuts of meat (pork and steak) were cheap. The amount of gristle and fat was not acceptable for money we paid for the entrees. In addition, everything was coated in pepper. There was no mention of pepper on the menu for either of the dishes we ordered. I would not recommend this establishment to my friends or family. The food was unsatisfying and practicably inedible.
- I Nonni is consistently excellentAlidDined on 5/4/2013They have a great chef who is making some of the most delicious and innovative charcuterie around. Everything this guy does is absolutely delish. The wines at iNonni are FAntastic, probably one of the biggest selections of Italian wines in the US. The prices are actually very reasonable, given the quality of the experience. The staff and management are very kindly, professional, and are very well educated about the food and wines that are served. I Nonni isn't really what I would call a hip restaurant - and that's what I like about it - no gimmicks. They are just doing really, really good food, wine, and service, and they are keeping it pretty classic and classy. So, you should go! Go to I Nonni!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food at IOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2013The service and food at I Nonni is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Osteria Nonni is a good place, but it's place is little far and as far as I recognize, nowhere close to any landmark. The service is lovely, however the portions are very small and quiet frankly, a bit pricey than what its worth. Nonetheless, it is a nice experience.Special Features:
- everything was great but weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2013everything was great but we keep coming back for the wonderful calamari appetizerSpecial Features:
- Expecting a lot and getting less.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013The food preparation was far too trendy and rich in seasonings. I hate to need a dictionary to order. The noise level when the dining room became full was not conducive to conversatioon.
- Another great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013An elegant restaurant with gormet food competitively priced.Special Features:
- Osteria I Nonni is our "goOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2013Osteria I Nonni is our "go to" place for special celebrations and world class food.Special Features:
- Our fifth or sixth visit here.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2013Our fifth or sixth visit here. Food was salty. The "crudo" platter was not enjoyable to anyone of our party of four. Service seemed marginal. Hostess actually said to us. "your guy-zez table is this way" (guy-zez?). Server recommended an obscure $80 bottle of wine as her only recommendation ( I'm a sommelier and that's not how one does it!). Found wine list unnecessarily awkward and very pricey. If your going to comprise a list of esoteric wines...perhaps write easy descriptions and don't overprice based on believing the customers are clueless. The dining room is loud and unappealing. Service seemed judgrmemtal & unfriendly - unseasoned female server who didn't like interacting with us in a professional manner. Disjointed place.
- My husband and I celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/8/2013My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary dinner here and it was delightful. They greeted us and congratulated us upon our arrival which set the stage. they made us feel very special the entire evening and of course the food was outstanding. Thank you.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013This was our first time at I Nonni. It's a beautiful restaurant. The wine list was terrific. The most memorable dish was the gnocchi and sausage, which was truly outstanding. The cheesecake was unusually good. The food is expensive, but overall a very nice experience.Special Features:
- First time for my wife andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013First time for my wife and I - server didn't seem to care. I asked for recommendations and told everything's good. I asked follow up questions and felt like I was talking to a wall. We had a booth that overlooked the main dining room but was on a main walk way making it feel very chaotic. Food was good but nothing extraordinary given the price. Will not go back and i will tell my friends.Special Features:
- Buon Appetito!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013We had a very nice time dining there. It really did remind us of meals in Italy!Special Features:
- The overall dining experienceMelMelDined on 3/29/2013The overall dining experience was outstanding. The ambiance was lovely with warm flattering lighting and just enough of a buzz without being too loud. The service was spot-on. Our server, Matthew, made great recommendations for our wine, appetizer and entrees. He was knowledgeable without being overbearing. The presentation was good, the food was delicious and the portions were large.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/28/2013Consistently a great experience -- in my mind the true mark of a great restaurant. Warm and welcoming staff, excellent bar service, menu that varies seasonally with new items yet retains some favorites, quality food presented professionally and always delicious! Make it your go-to for Italian cuisine anytime--we have for years. Never disappoints. And one of the most wonderful (maybe the best) Italian wine lists in the Twin Cities. Enjoy!Special Features:
- I Nonni only gets better.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013I Nonni only gets better. We eat here several times a year, and we've never been disappointed. Wonderful food, a great wine selection and good wine advice. Our server was impeccable, just attentive enough, kept a nice pace, and was very helpful. An excellent experience all around.Special Features:
- The food was perfectly preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013The food was perfectly prepared and served timely.....calimari is best in city and the ossobucco e risotto was special and found nowhere else....one would have to go to new york where we originated from and with great Italian cuisine to find as good....this is a special place. Very few NY restaurants would be in their league.Special Features:
- Two friends of mine from theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2013Two friends of mine from the west coast were in town and I they wanted to take me to dinner. I wanted to impress them with a great local dinning experience because they are used to excellent restaurants in San Francisco and Seattle. I knew I Nonni was good but I wanted the impression of someone with high expectations. Well they were very impressed with the food and service and said when they come back they want to eat there again. Enough said.Special Features:
- Wow! Can't think of a betterFoodrusVIPDined on 3/23/2013Wow! Can't think of a better way to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary. As always the food, wine and service were fantastic. Get the tasting menu along with the wine pairings and you'll leave with a smile. Hopefully the patio will open soon.Special Features:
- Osteria I Nonni is our go-toRobertoDined on 3/22/2013Osteria I Nonni is our go-to restaurant for special occasions. It lived up to our expectations once again last week when we took our sister-in-law for dinner. As is my custom, I had the three course degustazione menu. Jay, our favorite waiter, was unavailable, but the restaurant's manager filled in admirably as sommelier for the evening, recommending a wine from Mt. Etna in Sicily which all three of our party found delicious.Special Features:
- Limited menu. Food OK. nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2013Limited menu. Food OK. nothing exciting about the place for the prices.
- Osteria I Nonni is the bestmaclDined on 3/20/2013Osteria I Nonni is the best restaurant in the Twin Cities. We try and go monthly because we love it so much. The seafood stew is the best dish i have ever had.Special Features:
- I Nonni is consistently oneGRH1Dined on 3/19/2013I Nonni is consistently one of the best restaurants in the MSP metro area. Tonight we had the Tuesday tasting menu and the 6 of us would all give an outstanding review.Special Features:
- Expensive, too expensive.EpicuriousVIPDined on 3/15/2013Expensive, too expensive. Discovered that one of the members in our party had ordered a $20 glass of wine, but not until we got the bill. I don't like surprises when I get my bill. We have eaten at I Nonni many times, but this meal was the most expensive we've ever had there and we didn't have anything exceptional. And another thing, you have to fight your way through the bar crowd to make it to the desk to be seated and to get out when you leave. Although we've eaten at I Nonni's many times, this last time convinced me it was time to eliminate it from our list.
- A little over priced. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2013A little over priced. Very nice experience but have had others that were more unique and not as costly.Special Features: