2657 Portage Bay East #8
Davis, CA 95616Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://osteriafasulo.com/
- Phone: 5307581324
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
A word from Osteria Fasulo
Osteria Fasulo offers an imaginative selection of authentic and contemporary Italian specialties that change and compliment with our four seasons. Its dishes are prepared using only the finest and the freshest ingredients from traditional and contemporary Italian recipes. Osteria Fasulo's mission is to consistently provide the highest quality of Italian food and service to our guests Our top priority will always be our guests — who should always expect exceptional food, outstanding service and always a warm welcome from the Fasulo’sContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Osteria Fasulo - Best Restaurants in Davis ›
Osteria Fasulo reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (32)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (25)romantic (21)notable wine list (19)good for groups (13)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- One of a kind placeFoodloverDined on 9/13/2014Incredible food sat outside on patio and loved the meal. Food recommendations we loved. Quail superb, gnocchi with shrimp, tiger prawns, incredible mussel and clam appetizer. The service was top notch. Fastest 3 hour most fun evening we have had in a long time. Delicious wines by the glass too. Don't miss eating outdoors it felt like Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in DavisNiallVIPDined on 9/12/2014Whenever we have a special occasion Osteria Fasulo is our choice to celebrate. The food is addicting.Special Features:
- Sweet little placeIcemanVIPDined on 9/9/2014Tucked away in a courtyard. Great food with attention to details. Service by Matteo was attentive and wonderful. Relaxing getaway for lunch. Will need to come back for other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great Dinner, AgainNiallVIPDined on 9/4/2014I am always excited to go to Osteria Fasulo because I know the food will be great! The service is always excellent.Special Features:
- New Favorite restaurantbrunchbunchDined on 8/16/2014Osteria Fasulo is a great find. They use fresh, seasonal, local (much of it out of their own garden) produce. The menu changes as the seasons advance. I have been to restaurants like this where the dishes are creative but don't really work. I have to congratulate the chef on creating flavor combinations that go so well together. All the dishes were bright and flavorful. The night was warm and there was plentiful seating in the outdoor area. We had live violin music to keep us entertained (a little too loud) and a beautiful view of the garden. All in all, a delightful surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDrSteve51Dined on 8/15/2014I am very excited that they accommodated my wife's Gluten and dairy free needs. She was provided with many choices that were freshly prepared. My meal was also prefectly prepared and presented. Will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only for special occasionsKatydidDined on 8/13/2014While the food and service were good to excellent, I found it a bit pricey for regular dining.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dining experienceSueFDined on 8/4/2014Highly recommended, the food, service and ambiance are all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osterio Fasula1Bob1Dined on 8/2/2014Always a wonderful experience...The entrees and small plates are innovative and very well prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Always goodDavisdinerDined on 7/31/2014I have eaten at Osteria Fasulo many times and i'm always happy with the food. Our waitress was so helpful and friendly as well, which added to the enjoyment of the dining experience.Special Features:
- Davis' hidden Italian treasureCiaosterDined on 7/23/2014Dining at Leonardo Fasulo's osteria is like escaping to Italy - it offers the most authentic fine Italian dining experience in the area. My wife and I should know - we lived in Italy for five years during the 80's. Over the years, we have tried nearly all of the Italian restaurants in the Sacramento area and the Osteria Fasulo is by far our favorite. We always go there for special occasions. The food is excellent - both in preparation and presentation. The waitstaff is courteous and professional. The decor features original artwork by Mr Fasulo as well as photos of his family. The Italian operas softly playing in the background are just right. The final touch is a brief visit to each table by Mr Fasulo - in true Italian fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch fine dinningLVGoodFoodDined on 6/30/2014My friend and I make a point to dine at Osteria Fasulo at least once a year. The outdoor setting is peacefully quiet making a nice setting for a relaxing paced dinner over good conversation. The wait staff knows how to uncork a bottle of wine. This may sound trivial but so many wait staff don't know how to do this, that it is a pleasure to see it done well. The food was wonderful, both taste and presentation. All around a very good dinning experience.Special Features:
- Quality winsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2014Special for the day has been consistently outstanding; carefully prepared food with appetizing presentation and excellent taste.Special Features:
- Adorable ambianceCaliFoodie27Dined on 6/20/2014Went to celebrate my birthday and was not disappointed! Beautiful dining room, very romantic. And the food was phenomenal. The scallops appetizer was so delicious! As was the asparagus ravioli. With a generous portion of tiramisu for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food if you have hrs to spareHojayDined on 6/18/2014Went to OF for a casual dinner. The restaurant was empty. Ambiance and waiter was great. Food excellent. But what can I say when it takes 2.5 hours to bring the main course to our table. Very disappointed with this level of service. Fortunately, we had no other plans that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Food … So Good!dimojoDined on 6/15/2014We took two hours to enjoy lunch al fresco. Good food, good ambience, good service. What more could one ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DavisamritaDined on 5/30/2014This is a rare restaurant in Davis. The taste is absolutely good. It is unusual in Davis, and it is not strange if this restaurant is in SF, LA etc. Though it may be a little bit expensive, you can have great dishes there.Special Features:
- The following 298 reviews are from the Osteria Fasulo reviews archive.
- UniqueIcemanVIPDined on 5/22/2014Summer seating in the courtyard. Charming little place. Great friendly food and service. Very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good food, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014The food was amazing, but our waitress, Showy, was horrible. My friends and I decided to try this place for my birthday. Showy was extremely rude and very insincere throughout our entire dining experience at Osteria Fasulo. When our food came, she served our food so rudely, basically just throwing the plates down and leaving. I observed how Showy treated the other guests, and she was rather pleasant with them. Despite her rudeness, my friends and I remained polite towards her. Additionally, when one of my friends told Showy that we were celebrating my birthday, the waitress just rolled her eyes at us and left.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/14/2014We have eaten many times at this osteria. The food has always been well prepared and tasty. The service is excellent. We would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Leonardo'sBillDined on 5/13/2014I have been going to this place for years and have never had a bad meal. The service is great and the food is exceptional. A bit out of the way but a great find.Special Features:
- One of my worst dining experiencesunhappyDined on 5/11/2014We booked a table for May 11, having checked the website and seeing no mention of a dinner consisting of anything other than their regular menu. We arrived to find them offering only a pre-fixe with no mention of price and only limited dinner choices. The dinners were uninspired and overpriced, with servings being small and plain, for a cost of $60 apiece. I have rarely been to a restaurant serving such poorly prepared, overpriced offerings.
- Mothers Day BrunchDinningOutDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife here for Brunch on Mothers Day. The meal was very good and the portions were just right for us older patrons. Patricia was our server and did a good job. We go to this place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A secret gemthegoodlifeDined on 5/11/2014Hidden within a garden is this delightful, quiet patio, outstanding restaurant. The service is excellent but the food is authentic and delicious. The spinach lasagna is the best.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceTuffDoggiesDined on 5/3/2014The food was delightful and delicious and the service was excellent. I highly recommend Osteria Fasulo to celebrate special occasions or to just have an awesome dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the pricey side2DJSDined on 5/2/2014Food has been prepared well, lasagna Bolognese was a bit too salty for me this time. noticed many folks bringing their own wine since the 20.00 corkage fee must be more palatable then the wine prices. Service was good but seemed to blow a bit of smoke rather the deem themselves not knowledgeable on some subjectsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnsieVIPDined on 5/1/2014We love the Osteria Fasulo. It has wonderful food, a charming setting, and one of the prettiest patios in the greater Sacramento area. We will certainly be back. But this was the one time when the service was just awful. It took two and a half hours to serve three people. It was a very warm day--in the mid-90s--and we waited endlessly. They were not crowded--three or four tables altogether. We were tired and cranky by the time we left, despite the spring flowers all around us and the wonderful food. As I say, this was unusual, and we will certainly give them another chance. But this should not have happened.Special Features:
- Love this place, but please...JLCCaVIPDined on 4/23/2014Let me start by saying I love this place. But one server, at lunch on a beautiful day, just won't cut it. He was literally running, and his anxiety was obvious (and contagious). It's been this way lately, so come on...this should be a nice relaxed place to have lunch; give your server a break!Special Features:
- Pricey for brunchjackDined on 4/20/2014This restaurant has a good chef, but the menu selections were all pricey, especially for brunch in Davis ( fine for NYC or SF). The restaurant was sparsely filled when normally should have been busy at this time. I think this supports my comment on pricey is valid. I think that if the restauraant had more of a choice in menu, reflecting an more economic choice, they could improve their business. that is not to say that they should lower their standard of quality food, but serve dishes that are not so costly in addition to their gourmet choices. their service was slow- long time to wait for your meal and long time for server to bring food and later the bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2014Was hoping that the restaurant would be worth the extra price for a special occasion but the service was very spotty and it took forever to get our entries, when the main course arrived the meat was over cooked. Even a simple cup of coffee took forever and it was so weak we did not even drink it. The kitchen does not seem able to handle a practically empty restaurant. On a positive note the mussels and broth were very tasty. My son's steak was cooked perfectly but $40 a bit steep.Special Features:
- srodskiVIPDined on 3/25/2014Hard to find but worth it when you arrive. Excellent every time! Whenever we are in northern California we will make every effort to visit.Special Features:
- Osteria Fasulo1Bob1Dined on 3/22/2014Osteria Fasulo is a great place. The food is superb - classic Italian in a California setting. In the spring and summer, the outdoor dining is delightful. I have also had some great lunch meetings at Osteria Fasulo's. BEST Italian restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimmy's AnniversaryJimmyDined on 3/21/2014Osteria Fasulo is our romantic special occasion place. It is great to sit outside and enjoy the courtyard which is both quiet and serene. The food prices are expensive for the market and the portions about average, but nonetheless we enjoy the quality of the food. Unfortunately, the serenity often includes the service. They are polite but about 1/2 as attentive as they should be. Since we've found this to be true in Italy as well, I guess it comes with the territory. Also, they forgot to include all of our leftovers, too which was a disappointment when we got home.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemsaminaDined on 3/17/2014Tucked away where you don't expect to find a restaurant there lies one of high quality. Perhaps the ambience is a little dated, but the food quality is superb. We started with the clams and mussels appetizer, followed by a light salad sitting in a parmesan nest. Then a pistachio nut crusted salmon over a bed of green beans that was to die for! Dessert was shared and delighted everyone's taste buds, crepes with a light lemon filling and strawberry sauce. A spoon of meringue with a strawberry topping was given at the end of the meal. A nice bottle of wine was shared as well. Waiter staff very pleasant too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow servicembehjh96Dined on 3/15/2014The food was good, but not outstanding. The room felt cramped, service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right now this is the bestStellaDined on 3/14/2014Right now this is the best restaurant in Davis. The menu changes seasonally but more important it's an inventive menu that clearly reflects the interesting and eclectic tastes of the chef. The presentation is also interesting and careful without being precious. Service is exceptional- once again attentive without being cloying. Wonderful wine list.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnererinclaire5Dined on 3/10/2014We celebrate all our special occasions here because they know how to make your night special. Plus the food is always exquisite. We never order the same dish twice because we can't wait to try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was greatnicknameDined on 3/4/2014When we got there we informed the server that only had an hour and a half. He seemed to understand and advised against one dish because it would take a long time to prepare. The food when it got there was great but each course took longer than it should have. The main course had a long delay. When we got it, it was hot and very good but we only had 10 min. to eat it. Then we had to beg for the check and were given the wrong one. The place is so small that they probably do not have a wine expert, but the server had very little knowledge of what we were asking about. He did not offer to get someone else to help, just said that the owner picked good wines for the list so it must be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Authentic Italian DiningGfood9Dined on 3/1/2014We enjoyed our first visit very much. The decor and seating are pleasant and comfortable. We greatly enjoyed the antipasto, the wine, and our entrees. My husband had lasagna and I had black and white dungeness crab pasta. Our concerns were primarily the music: it was too loud and too banal. Some current Italian music, like Ennio Moricone, would have been preferable to the radio muzak that was played. Secondarily, our friends ordered the steak which was full of gristle although well grilled. The wine list was light on Italian reds but the white wine list was comprehensive. The service was slow but given the quality of the food, not excessively so. This is not a place for large parties as it is small. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you want the best.....annieRDined on 2/25/2014Osteria Fasulo always delivers. The food is absolutely fabulous. I like to go with several people and order several different things to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.