Osteria D' Assisi
58 S. Federal Place
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Osteria D' Assisi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteriadassisi.net/
- Phone: 5059865858x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Cristian Pontiggia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Party platters available for pick up along with drop off catering for events!
- Private Party Facilities: We have 3 different private areas for groups of all sizes. We can do weddings, anniversary parties, business meetings, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, etc...
- Private Party Contact: General Manager: Colin Pharr 5059865858x
- Special Events: Large adjacent parking lot or nearby public park for tented outdoor events of any kind. Fully licensed & bonded for outdoor events. Please contact us for details.
A word from Osteria D' Assisi
Osteria d'Assisi was opened in 1995, in a renovated home in the historic downtown district of Santa Fe. The restaurant is named after the city of Santa Fe's patron saint, Saint Francis, who was born in the town of Assisi in Italy. Italian h'osteria's are known for their authentic cuisine served in a homelike, warm & friendly atmosphere. The Osteria d'Assisi features regional Italian cuisine, utilizing the time honored Mediterranean approach to preparing food with olive oil and fresh ingredients. Our menu includes fresh seafood, locally grazed beef, veal and lamb, house made pasta, fresh bread baked daily, gourmet pizza and creative desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Osteria D' Assisi - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Osteria D' Assisi reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)great for outdoor dining (37)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (32)romantic (25)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (13)good for groups (11)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Joanie HOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014My plate was too large a portion. Enough to share. Red meat sauce was perfection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu-Wine List Reboot4warnedis4armedDined on 10/24/2014Seems that bottles of wine have taken a bit of a leap in price, nothing under $39. Caesar great as usual. A few new items for the season, above average wait staff. Food here is not as consistent as one would hope but somehow it always warrants another visit, more right than wrong and that really superb caesar...Special Features:
- One of the bestBillDined on 10/24/2014One of the top 5 in Santa Fe for many years. The mushroom ravolli is absolutely the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- honeybear1Dined on 10/23/2014The special of the night was a disaster but we were not charged for it. The other meals were excellent, could have been hotterSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Food and service excellent as usual. Noise level in the front dining room intolerable as usual.Special Features:
- Thank you, AmyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2014Last time we were at the Osteria we had such terrible service we swore we would never come back. But after being given a gift certificate we decided to give it another try. We were seated promptly and shortly after the entire room was filled so we were a bit nervous that service would lag. Amy stepped right up and provided prompt service to all. We ordered an expensive bottle of wine and she treated it like it was her baby. Double decanting it as it did need to breathe. The food was just what we wanted. Guess we will put the Osteria back on our list.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner and serviceBonBonDined on 10/9/2014The lamb was prepared very rare, as specified. The pork tenderloin special with black truffle Demi-glaze was outstanding. Not unreasonably priced for such a good meal. Tho it is fairly noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S L O W ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Reservation at 7:30. Seated at the bar for 10 minutes beforea server arrived. Waited another 10 minutes for a table. Waited at the table 25 minutes before server arrived. Server told us about the specials, took our order and that was it. Others cleared the plates, checked on us, took a second wine order, and even delivered and rang up the check.Special Features:
- Best ofUncleDined on 9/30/2014In my opinion this is Santa Fe's BEST. Authentic Italian, owned and operated by native northern Italy brothers. Have been going there for more than 15 years and never disappointed. Very good wine at reasonable prices, wonderful specials always changing and special requests usually available.Special Features:
- DisappointingColoradoWineGuyDined on 9/27/2014OpenTable only offered 8PM seating; arriving @7:30PM for cocktails; many empty tables? The "by glass wine list" has the varietal and price, but no producer. How can the prices reflect accurately the offered wine which constantly changes? Caesar salad was crisp, tasty dressing, croutons were too hard for me to chew. Service was pleasant, slow, and apologetic for slow presentation of food and wine. The chicken and pasta special looked great; wife was unable to eat tough, overcooked chicken. Veal ravioli had rich, yummy mushroom cream sauce, ravioli were not even a la dente… undercooked by any standard. When an owner/manager started yelling at waitstaff and barkeeper 30 feet away, we decided enough was enough and left without dessert.
- This is Italy without the airfareWINEANDDINEGIRLDined on 9/27/2014We've spent plenty of time in Italy, and keep returning for the food and wine. Now we can save the long flight and spend an evening at L'Osteria. Of course the room is charming (what isn't in SF?), but what really made us feel like we were somewhere in Tuscany was the quality of the food and the sweet service - Pietro is like your favorite Italian uncle. Spaghetti Bolognese is by far the best I've had: spicy and rich with tender beef. Spinach fettuccini had a hint of heat that brought the dish alive. Uncle Pietro brought us some of his delicious homemade butter beans and a side of fresh roasted chile. That kind of special touch echoes our experiences in Italy, where one feels like they are a welcome guest at the owner's villa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HauserDined on 9/27/2014Nice old building gives it a unique ambience. The food was awesome. The deserts were good. When I return to Santa Fe, I am definitely going back. They have there own parking lot. Within walking distance from most of the hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodLouAnnDined on 9/26/2014We have come to Osteria many times over the years and we have never been disappointed!!! It is true authentic Italian Food.Special Features:
- AmazingHammerDined on 9/11/2014The food from start to finish was wonderful and the wine list was amazing also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Southwest and Northern ItalyKenANDNancyDined on 9/10/2014So glad to find a lovely and delicious Italian restaurant in a city known for its Southwest cuisine. Great service, great ambience, both indoors and out, and dinner was delicious. in our annual "pilgrimage" to SF we will hit this place every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!SilverGypsyDined on 9/9/2014What a delightful and delicious evening! The food was extraordinary! Any place in the world this restaurant would certainly earn three stars! Our waiter, Pietro, was without a doubt the very best one could ask for . . . only to be matched by the food and wine he served. Since I lived in Italy, I have not had such a delicious and fun dinner! What a treat. Many thanks to all concerned . . . We all look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not great !DadaDined on 9/4/2014Unfortunately the service and attentiveness was sub par and below what we have come to expect at this neighborhood restaurant. The menu choices were very good, and the presentation was nice, just nothing exceptional about the food itself.Special Features:
- Good for business lunchinternettieVIPDined on 9/4/2014The restaurant was not very busy on a Thursday in early September, so we were able to have a table away from others for a business discussion. One person ordered the special chicken pasta with salad -- a lunch special which is a good price deal. The other person ordered the eggplant main dish which is stunningly presented as a small tower of eggplant -- very good taste. The bread was not remarkable -- I seem to recall that the bread was tastier other times I visited. Desserts were wonderful! A lemon meringue pie was faultless. The chocolate cake with caramel sauce looked divine and my friend ate it all with relish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great Sunday night dinner. Veal was very tender and ravioli was great!Special Features:
- Wonderful in every wayGusandWatsonDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I ate here while on vacation. Every part of the dining experience was wonderful. I had the Linguine di Mare and it was the best Linguine and Clams I have ever had! My wife had the Ravioli di Patate, which she really enjoyed. The dessert was wonderful and the Martini was excellent. We dined outside and the atmosphere was very relaxing. Our waitress was excellent. We will definitely dine here the next time we are in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- A Must Visit in Sana FeJandLinABQDined on 8/27/2014Santa Fe has so many restaurants to choose from. If you are looking for an authentic Italian experience don't miss this gem. The food and service are consistently good which is why the locals return time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The ravioli was really good. Our server was excellent. We will definitely go back.
- Husband's pre-birthday dinnerbettyboop123Dined on 8/24/2014We came to the restaurant to celebrate my husband's upcoming birthday, wanting a special experience. As a starter, we had ordered the beef carpaccio, but as it was served, we saw that it was carpaccio made with proscuitto, which we did not expect. The lamb loin was excellent. The waiters could have been a bit more observant. We got the carpaccio but had neither bread nor butter, nor did we have oil or salt/pepper on the table. Room for improvement!Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/19/2014WE HAVE DINED THERE MANY TIMES THE FOOD AND SERVICE IS ALWAYS EXCELLENT. OUR RESERVATION WAS FOR 8:30 MADE ON OPEN TABLE IF THE TIME WAS NOT GOOD FOR THE KITCHEN THEY COULD HAVE NOTIFIIED AND WE WOULD HAVE COME EARLIER THE WAITER WAS VERY APPOLOGETIC SO WE CAN NOT BLAME HIM WE FELT RUSHED. NO MANAGEMENT WAS PRESENT WHEN WE LEFT AT 9:40Special Features:
- unfortunate experiencelfswDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I had a great meal at Osteria in May and brought friends to dine with us in August. This time we waited over an hour for our entrees and when the food arrived all entrée's were inedible!! Manager did comp the entrée's but such a disappointing experience! The upsides are a beautiful resturant and excellent service. Not sure we will try it again!Special Features:
- Tasty ItalianlovesfinediningDined on 8/16/2014The most important thing about any restaurant is whether the food is tasty. This definitely was. And for an Italian restaurant, it's important to offer authenticity -- which this place also does. Limoncello made in house. Yay! Nice selection of pasta dishes as well as meat and fish entrees. Definitely on my list of places to which I will return in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- 1 of best we've been to in Santa FeChazDined on 8/14/2014Over the years we have sampled many, many restaurants in Santa Fe, and this is one of the best. Very Italian, but traditional, not foodied up. I had the best Caesar Salad I've ever had (but no anchovies, alas) and ditto the Osso Bucco. The others in our party raved, particularly about the Tomato basil soup. We were going to a performance, so no time for desert. The Wine list is excellent, with many that I knew, instead of so many that pride themselves on wines no one has ever heard of, good though they might be. The service was excellent and attentive. We can't wait to get back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Overall just ok. But the special had too much rosemary
- Superb food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014We recently celebrated a special occasion here with my brother. The beet salad was not only tasty, but large enough for the three of us to share. We enjoyed the lamb loin and the lamb loin special - ample servings, perfectly prepared. Our server was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. One dessert was, again, enough for the three of us to share. We have enjoyed meals at this restaurant in the past; never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Another great dinner at OsteriaSantaFeForeverVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always dependable service, food and atmosphere. Why spend more at overpriced Santa Fe restaurants (i.e. Geronimo's, the Compound) when Osteria always delivers. Brittany was an exceptional server and knew every item, including specials, very well. The outdoor patio was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria Is the Real DealkeepitsimpleVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have a number of Italian restaurants in Santa Fe, but Osteria is really the only one that is truly Italian - owned by Lino who brings his chef from Italy to prepare the real thing. Not an extensive menu but every inch of it is authtentic, all the way down to the after dinner house-made Limoncello. A really nice room plus great outdoor tables in warm weather. And the clientele is, mostly, well-dressed knowledgeable diners who add a note of class to the evening.Special Features:
- Always a treat!TucsontasterVIPDined on 8/8/2014We've been coming here for about three years and have never had a meal that wasn't top of the line. We especially like the fact that this restaurant has its own private parking lot in the evenings - a rarity near the Santa Fe plaza.Special Features:
- Bad NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was so slow we left after ordering drinks. Did not stay for a meal.
- FantasticrichDined on 7/29/2014We travel to Santa Fe, just to go to this restaurant! Need I say more?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014The courtyard was lovely and the food was very good. It felt like we were back in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at best!ChiefDined on 7/22/2014Osteria D' Assisi has been around a long time, and it's about time the management takes action on 2 fronts. Quality of food served, and servers. First off the food.. Mediocre at best. Their Caesar Salad is still the best in the region but that's as far as it goes. The other dishes sampled fell far below standards. Second the servers... typical of Santa Fe, Loud, in your face, obnoxious and a major distraction to a night out. The Community College is starting a class on front room restaurant service and many of Santa Fe's restaurant would be well served by sending their wait staff for some much needed training. You don't get you monies worth at Osteria D' Assisi, so my recommendation is to pass on this one.
- WonderfulBorninndDined on 7/22/2014Everything was perfect, start to finish. Beet/watermelon salad was beautiful and tasty. Mushroom pizza was flavorful, light, with delicious crust.Special Features:
- DianeDianeDined on 7/22/2014When we arrived we were seated by the manager whom I would give 4 stars to. However our waitress was in a huge hurry and forgot to tell us the specials. I told her I didn't eat meat and the only fish was tuna which I didn't feel like. When I asked her if a pasta could be served with anything other than cream sauce she said no, but suggested I order it with shrimp, insisting the pink sauce was very light. I just barely ate as my husband said it was very rich. As we were leaving I noticed that on a Board the specials were listed and halibut as well as tomato basil soup were on it. The manager was very distressed and wanted to know who our waitress was and did she mention the specials.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.SharonDined on 7/22/2014I would definitely eat here again. The noise level was a little high but it was very busy and energized. Our server selected a fabulous cabernet for us and gave excellent feedback regarding our food choices. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We stumbled on this restaurant while looking for an Italian place to celebrate a birthday, have celebrated here ever since. No matter who our server is we have excellent service and amazing food. We always try the specials and have not been disappointed. Dining inside or outside the experience is a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.