Osteria D' Assisi
58 S. Federal Place
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Osteria D' Assisi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteriadassisi.net/
- Phone: 5059865858
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Cristian Pontiggia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Party platters available for pick up along with drop off catering for events!
- Private Party Facilities: We have 3 different private areas for groups of all sizes. We can do weddings, anniversary parties, business meetings, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, etc...
- Private Party Contact: General Manager: John Cuviello 5059865858
- Entertainment: Music on the patio provided by local musicians all summer.
- Special Events: Large adjacent parking lot or nearby public park for tented outdoor events of any kind. Fully licensed & bonded for outdoor events. Please contact us for details.
A word from Osteria D' Assisi
Osteria d'Assisi was opened in 1995, in a renovated home in the historic downtown district of Santa Fe. The restaurant is named after the city of Santa Fe's patron saint, Saint Francis, who was born in the town of Assisi in Italy. Italian h'osteria's are known for their authentic cuisine served in a homelike, warm & friendly atmosphere. The Osteria d'Assisi features regional Italian cuisine, utilizing the time honored Mediterranean approach to preparing food with olive oil and fresh ingredients. Our menu includes fresh seafood, locally grazed beef, veal and lamb, house made pasta, fresh bread baked daily, gourmet pizza and creative desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Osteria D' Assisi - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Osteria D' Assisi reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (33)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (13)good for groups (8)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- AmazingHammerDined on 9/11/2014The food from start to finish was wonderful and the wine list was amazing also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Southwest and Northern ItalyKenANDNancyDined on 9/10/2014So glad to find a lovely and delicious Italian restaurant in a city known for its Southwest cuisine. Great service, great ambience, both indoors and out, and dinner was delicious. in our annual "pilgrimage" to SF we will hit this place every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!SilverGypsyDined on 9/9/2014What a delightful and delicious evening! The food was extraordinary! Any place in the world this restaurant would certainly earn three stars! Our waiter, Pietro, was without a doubt the very best one could ask for . . . only to be matched by the food and wine he served. Since I lived in Italy, I have not had such a delicious and fun dinner! What a treat. Many thanks to all concerned . . . We all look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not great !DadaDined on 9/4/2014Unfortunately the service and attentiveness was sub par and below what we have come to expect at this neighborhood restaurant. The menu choices were very good, and the presentation was nice, just nothing exceptional about the food itself.Special Features:
- Good for business lunchinternettieVIPDined on 9/4/2014The restaurant was not very busy on a Thursday in early September, so we were able to have a table away from others for a business discussion. One person ordered the special chicken pasta with salad -- a lunch special which is a good price deal. The other person ordered the eggplant main dish which is stunningly presented as a small tower of eggplant -- very good taste. The bread was not remarkable -- I seem to recall that the bread was tastier other times I visited. Desserts were wonderful! A lemon meringue pie was faultless. The chocolate cake with caramel sauce looked divine and my friend ate it all with relish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great Sunday night dinner. Veal was very tender and ravioli was great!Special Features:
- A Must Visit in Sana FeJandLinABQDined on 8/27/2014Santa Fe has so many restaurants to choose from. If you are looking for an authentic Italian experience don't miss this gem. The food and service are consistently good which is why the locals return time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The ravioli was really good. Our server was excellent. We will definitely go back.
- Husband's pre-birthday dinnerbettyboop123Dined on 8/24/2014We came to the restaurant to celebrate my husband's upcoming birthday, wanting a special experience. As a starter, we had ordered the beef carpaccio, but as it was served, we saw that it was carpaccio made with proscuitto, which we did not expect. The lamb loin was excellent. The waiters could have been a bit more observant. We got the carpaccio but had neither bread nor butter, nor did we have oil or salt/pepper on the table. Room for improvement!Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/19/2014WE HAVE DINED THERE MANY TIMES THE FOOD AND SERVICE IS ALWAYS EXCELLENT. OUR RESERVATION WAS FOR 8:30 MADE ON OPEN TABLE IF THE TIME WAS NOT GOOD FOR THE KITCHEN THEY COULD HAVE NOTIFIIED AND WE WOULD HAVE COME EARLIER THE WAITER WAS VERY APPOLOGETIC SO WE CAN NOT BLAME HIM WE FELT RUSHED. NO MANAGEMENT WAS PRESENT WHEN WE LEFT AT 9:40Special Features:
- unfortunate experiencelfswDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I had a great meal at Osteria in May and brought friends to dine with us in August. This time we waited over an hour for our entrees and when the food arrived all entrée's were inedible!! Manager did comp the entrée's but such a disappointing experience! The upsides are a beautiful resturant and excellent service. Not sure we will try it again!Special Features:
- Tasty ItalianlovesfinediningDined on 8/16/2014The most important thing about any restaurant is whether the food is tasty. This definitely was. And for an Italian restaurant, it's important to offer authenticity -- which this place also does. Limoncello made in house. Yay! Nice selection of pasta dishes as well as meat and fish entrees. Definitely on my list of places to which I will return in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- 1 of best we've been to in Santa FeChazDined on 8/14/2014Over the years we have sampled many, many restaurants in Santa Fe, and this is one of the best. Very Italian, but traditional, not foodied up. I had the best Caesar Salad I've ever had (but no anchovies, alas) and ditto the Osso Bucco. The others in our party raved, particularly about the Tomato basil soup. We were going to a performance, so no time for desert. The Wine list is excellent, with many that I knew, instead of so many that pride themselves on wines no one has ever heard of, good though they might be. The service was excellent and attentive. We can't wait to get back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Overall just ok. But the special had too much rosemary
- Superb food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014We recently celebrated a special occasion here with my brother. The beet salad was not only tasty, but large enough for the three of us to share. We enjoyed the lamb loin and the lamb loin special - ample servings, perfectly prepared. Our server was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. One dessert was, again, enough for the three of us to share. We have enjoyed meals at this restaurant in the past; never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Another great dinner at OsteriaSantaFeForeverVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always dependable service, food and atmosphere. Why spend more at overpriced Santa Fe restaurants (i.e. Geronimo's, the Compound) when Osteria always delivers. Brittany was an exceptional server and knew every item, including specials, very well. The outdoor patio was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria Is the Real DealkeepitsimpleVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have a number of Italian restaurants in Santa Fe, but Osteria is really the only one that is truly Italian - owned by Lino who brings his chef from Italy to prepare the real thing. Not an extensive menu but every inch of it is authtentic, all the way down to the after dinner house-made Limoncello. A really nice room plus great outdoor tables in warm weather. And the clientele is, mostly, well-dressed knowledgeable diners who add a note of class to the evening.Special Features:
- Always a treat!TucsontasterVIPDined on 8/8/2014We've been coming here for about three years and have never had a meal that wasn't top of the line. We especially like the fact that this restaurant has its own private parking lot in the evenings - a rarity near the Santa Fe plaza.Special Features:
- Bad NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was so slow we left after ordering drinks. Did not stay for a meal.
- FantasticrichDined on 7/29/2014We travel to Santa Fe, just to go to this restaurant! Need I say more?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014The courtyard was lovely and the food was very good. It felt like we were back in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at best!ChiefDined on 7/22/2014Osteria D' Assisi has been around a long time, and it's about time the management takes action on 2 fronts. Quality of food served, and servers. First off the food.. Mediocre at best. Their Caesar Salad is still the best in the region but that's as far as it goes. The other dishes sampled fell far below standards. Second the servers... typical of Santa Fe, Loud, in your face, obnoxious and a major distraction to a night out. The Community College is starting a class on front room restaurant service and many of Santa Fe's restaurant would be well served by sending their wait staff for some much needed training. You don't get you monies worth at Osteria D' Assisi, so my recommendation is to pass on this one.
- WonderfulBorninndDined on 7/22/2014Everything was perfect, start to finish. Beet/watermelon salad was beautiful and tasty. Mushroom pizza was flavorful, light, with delicious crust.Special Features:
- DianeDianeDined on 7/22/2014When we arrived we were seated by the manager whom I would give 4 stars to. However our waitress was in a huge hurry and forgot to tell us the specials. I told her I didn't eat meat and the only fish was tuna which I didn't feel like. When I asked her if a pasta could be served with anything other than cream sauce she said no, but suggested I order it with shrimp, insisting the pink sauce was very light. I just barely ate as my husband said it was very rich. As we were leaving I noticed that on a Board the specials were listed and halibut as well as tomato basil soup were on it. The manager was very distressed and wanted to know who our waitress was and did she mention the specials.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.SharonDined on 7/22/2014I would definitely eat here again. The noise level was a little high but it was very busy and energized. Our server selected a fabulous cabernet for us and gave excellent feedback regarding our food choices. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We stumbled on this restaurant while looking for an Italian place to celebrate a birthday, have celebrated here ever since. No matter who our server is we have excellent service and amazing food. We always try the specials and have not been disappointed. Dining inside or outside the experience is a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyjjacDined on 7/4/2014A really fine destination for a broad range of Italian cuisine. The finest red sauce we have yet experiencedSpecial Features:
- neveragainDined on 7/4/2014Food was very sub-par. With AC outlet at our feed, it was most uncomfortable to be there because of the much too cold air.Special Features:
- ABQ DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Great choice eating here..........amazing food! Loved our food, wine, cocktails, dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningTomBDined on 6/16/2014We were in Santa Fe for a couple of day get away on our anniversary and had a wonderful evening at this restaurant. Food was very good, well prepared, service was excellent, and even though the restaurant was pretty full, my wife and I were able to comfortably converse. Will definitely go back, next time in town.Special Features:
- SpecialSpecialDined on 6/16/2014Excellent food, pleasant ambiance, although we missed Pietro.Special Features:
- First time in NMPCSkierVIPDined on 6/13/2014We went to Osteria on our last night in Santa Fe. What a pleasant surprise. The entire staff is gracious, helpful, and highly competent. And the food was outstanding. One of the specials the night we were there was cioppino. It was one of the best I've had in North America. Another special, my wife's choice, was homemade pasta with blue crab from the Chesapeake. Another outstanding choice. If you get a chance you should go to this restaurant.Special Features:
- TiwiTiwiDined on 6/10/2014If you don't have a special relationship with the waiter, the big guy then you get ignored.Apperantly, customers who know these waiters are special, so if you're a first timer tou too may be ignored. Food was good, I don't drink alcohol, but he broyght me s glass of prosecco anyway. Once again, no attention to detail.http://alibi.com/link/10618
- 79annDined on 6/9/2014The food was excellent and the waiter was good and had helpful suggestions. However, I was disappointed in the noise level and choice of table we were given. The kitchen staff was talking in loud voices about tv programs and miscellaneous topics and basically killed any atmosphere that was to be had. We did dine early and the place was pretty empty. I wish they had been more attentive to putting us at a table away from the noise of the kitchen staff. I am not sure that we will return based on that experience!
- CocoDined on 6/7/2014Food and service were good. The menu is pretty much the same every time we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ManagementJorgeRamDined on 6/7/2014The owner was not friendly. The least he could have done is acknowledge a hello. I did not feel comfortable with this attitude. I would not go back to this place simply because of the owner's attitude. The waitress, Carol, was excellent.Special Features:
- Our Farewell to SantaFeShannaKDined on 6/6/2014For our last night in Santafe we wanted a place not too touristy that locals went to as well. Osteria d'Assisi was a great choice. Sitting on their front patio we first enjoyed some of the best calamari I've ever eaten followed by a seafood taglioni that my husband and I split. It was great! Pistachio sorbet completed a delightful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Santa Fe RestaurantgreathouseDined on 5/31/2014The food is quite good. One of Santa Fe's better restaurants.Special Features:
- RachaelRachaelDined on 5/30/2014Service was outstanding!! The restruraunt itself was stunning on the inside and out. We ordered the gazpacho, osso bucco, and seafood paperdelle. All excellent. There is also an extensive wine list with excellent choices from various regions. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in Santa FeMavenDined on 5/27/2014Santa Fe isn't known for Italian cuisine, but this little gem is an exception. Ambiance is great; food is scrumptious!Special Features: