Osteria Cucina Toscana
3277 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Osteria Cucina Toscana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteriasf.com/
- Phone: (415) 771-5030
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Sa 5:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: Su 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Gina Ghorbani 4152971776
- Entertainment: Osteria features "Acoustic Bistro" every Monday night with host KC Turner. KC has presented 3 new Singer/Songwriter acts each week since February 2012. Our kitchen opens for dinner at 5PM and closes at 9:30PM. The music begins at 7PM and ends at 10PM. Reservations are highly recommended!
- Cross Street: Presidio
- Public Transit: Osteria is one block north of the 1- California MUNI Bus Stop on the corner of California Street and Presidio Ave. Take the "Inbound to Downtown" if you"re coming west of Presidio Ave. Take the "Outbound to the Richmond" east of Presidio Ave.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: All parking (neighborhood and metered) is free after 6PM.
A word from Osteria Cucina Toscana
An "Osteria" is traditionally a gathering place or tavern and Osteria Cucina Toscana certainly lives up to this meaning with the casual atmosphere and consistency of food/service. Family owned for over twenty years, we bring a taste of Northern Italy to San Francisco"s Presidio Heights neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria Cucina Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (15)kid-friendly (11)romantic (9)special occasion (8)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- DisappointedForagerDined on 11/16/2014This has long been one our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Our recent visit, however, was a big disappointment. The food was not up to former standards, and the service was also poor. We're hoping for a rebound!
- Outstanding Food & ServiceOsteriaFan25Dined on 11/9/2014My guests couldn't stop raving about the food and the desserts are made on site, not from another provider. Service is prompt and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendyVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is a cozy and inviting restaurant. Our server was friendly and very helpful. The food and wine selection was good. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria Cucina ToscanaLiveSushiBarDined on 11/6/2014This experience was a disappointment. We had a 5:30 dinner reservation and told our server that we had a 7PM film to go to. Service was very slow and disinterested. People who came in after we did, were served before us. When our entrees finally arrived we had about 15 minutes to gulp them down and pay the bill. Will not go there again.Special Features:
- Surly waiter, mediocre foodAbbysmomDined on 10/25/2014We were so disappointed by the food, but from the very start, we could tell that the waiter wasn't a happy person. Waiting for 2 more guests to arrive, and the first guests in the restaurant, we asked what the specials were for the evening and he said he was too busy to tell us and would wait until we were all there. We were the only ones there! How busy could he be? Several of us ordered the calamari and we felt it was pretty tasteless. Won't be back.
- Food is excellentNYBORNDined on 10/23/2014We have been eating at Osteria for many years now. Our daughters are adults and we first brought them here in baby carriers. The food is always excellent. The service is always spotty. Never so bad that we would not return, but bad enough at times to make you wonder why they can't improve. The hostess has the social skills of a mechanic, but not bad enough to walk away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lady Somerset Reports:LadySomersetVIPDined on 10/23/2014Always a pleasure to visit this neighborhood gem. Food cooked to order, always tasty and fresh. This particular evening meatballs were on the menu; absolutely delicious. Caprese salad, enough for two to share was extremely fresh and delicious. Many dishes to choose from. As always the service was friendly and attentive. A delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014The real star is the food here and it's unfortunate that the service leaves something to be desired. It usually takes a while to be noticed when you enter the restaurant and once seated a fair amount of time to be served. The staff in general is pretty gruff and not particularly friendly. The time to receive food orders has been very variable with sometimes very slow and other times quick likely due to the small kitchen. The wine list is also not very good and doesn't have a good selection. Bringing your own is an option but corkage is a little high at $19. If it wasn't for the food which is a fairly good value for the quality, we would likely not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014I want to like Osteria because it is in my neighborhood but the décor and ambience are so so out of date/touch. Feels like a morgue in there. Food is well below average especially given the competition (garibaldis) across the street. Service is great but every other part of the restaurant is a total pass.
- One of Our FavoritesnvboundDined on 10/11/2014Cozy, innovative selections, and excellent service always make a visit to Osteria Cucina Toscana a delight! We've been coming for years and never fail to leave without raving about our evening and anxious to return.Special Features:
- We will dine here againAltamareaDined on 10/1/2014We received a warm welcome and were immediately seated. The waiter had lots of personality and was attentive. Our salads (a salad of the day and a house salad) were absolutely delicious. My spinach tagliarini with shrimp was every bit as good as I'd hoped, and my husband enjoyed his calamari steak, although it was breaded, which he hadn't expected. We finished by sharing a bowl of sorbet that was just right, flavorful but not too sweet.Special Features:
- SusanLVIPDined on 9/29/2014Osteria is always good - very reliable, friendly service, and great to diner before lecture at SFJCC.Special Features:
- Nice evening, great foodradcaljdDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I enjoyed our 12th wedding anniversary at Osteria. We ate at the restaurant the second evening after we were married and have returned for special occasions over the years. The food has remained first-class, the service is great (five star but with a feeling that everyone is family). We highly recommend this restaurant. One caveat, the seating is limited so reservations help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/21/2014food is very good, nice environment with low noise and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJLHoDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful restaurant. Delicious food and service. A bit noisey, but I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy!UcsbmomVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is a very warm restaurant with people that care about your dining experience. They take their time in getting their food right, and it shows. I had an amazing freshly made pasta dish, with chicken, leeks, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, in an incredibly light cream sauce. Excellent! We will be going back!Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Osteria Cucina Toscana reviews archive.
- WineloverVIPDined on 7/6/2014The food was pretty good but the service was very weak. Everyone was friendly but it was just very slow. We continuously had to ask for things...water, dessert menus, check, etc...I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014This restaurant was chosen by my dinner companion. It is a very pleasant neighborhood restaurant with many regular customers. I had a delicious eggplant Parmigiana and my guest had prosciutto and melon followed by artichoke with shrimp. We were both well pleased with our dinner. And I would go there again for the eggplant Parmigiana!Special Features:
- Osteria Cucina Toscana was great!adulticeskaterVIPDined on 6/22/2014One Sunday evening my husband and I did not feel like cooking, so we went to a neighborhood gem that we had not been to in quite a while--Osteria Cucina Toscana. What a delight! Warm, friendly service that felt like we were going home for a home-cooked Italian dinner. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere so congenial--lots of family groups, and the hostess seemed to know them all. Will definitely return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful surpriseRickInMillValleyDined on 6/19/2014I once lived in Italy as a student, and this restaurant's "Cucina Toscana" was something of a homecoming. Great hospitality, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014While the good is important, the great service and comfortable environment are key. Osteria consistently excels in all of these. Nothing better than a great meal with a glass of wine, finished off with their amazing tiramisu. I've never found better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014excellent homemade pasta and veal parma. was also very good. Dessert just so so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodaew4Dined on 6/13/2014This is a great neighborhood spot. Its more casual dining and looks a little like the place used to be a laundromat that was turned into an italian restaurant in the late 90's. It doesn't have a hip SF vibe. There were old couples and even a few kids, but mostly groups of 4-6 adults in their late 30's - 60's enjoying wonderful food and wine. The service was fine. Nothing fancy but we never had to wait around for anyone. We had the shrimp pasta and spinach gnocchi and a few glasses of wine and it was $65. We'll definitely come here again for the food. Delicious.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemCathieVIPDined on 6/9/2014Great food, fresh vegetables, the best veal and calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CALEBDined on 6/6/2014Excellent food surpassed only by the personal consideration given by hostess and wait staff for the preferences and schedule of each individual diner. A wonderful place in every way.Special Features:
- Not returningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/3/2014Food was good but not equal to the price. Must be the change in ownership ormanagementSpecial Features:
- Nothing specialDrummerDined on 5/29/2014I assumed that it would be a good place for a romantic dinner from the few photos I saw online. Not so. The evening we went was a Thursday, but it was full and noisy. Tables are placed so close that I felt that the people next to us were at our table. My friend enjoyed his risotto; but my chicken was dry. The arugula salad was so so. The cheese was good. Service was the best. Too bad the food didn't equal the service.
- We had a great time at OsteriaDEdwardMusicDined on 5/19/2014We went to Osteria to see my friend, Jenna Lavoie sing at the Monday night Acoustic Bistro event. I wasn't sure what to expect from the restaurant but As it turns out the food and wine list was excellent! I would definitely come back just for the dining experience aloneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK if you are in the neighborhoodkknevadaVIPDined on 5/17/2014This place is clearly a neighborhood favorite but I don't know that I would go out of my way to go there if I wasn't in the neighborhood already. Very nice people and some interesting Italian wines, but not a stand-out.Special Features:
- Not goodjake1Dined on 5/12/2014Not very good food for the prices. Maybe we ordered wrong but the salad was lame, with dressing served on the site.....risotto was served in the wrong kind of plate. Seriously mediocre food. I'll never go here again. Ever.Special Features:
- GinnieleeVIPDined on 5/9/2014This is our go to place. We love to bring friends. We love Gina and staff always welcoming!Special Features:
- So-SoLelyDined on 5/9/2014I remember having very good meals at Osteria, but we were disappointed with our latest visit. The food took a very long time to come, was lukewarm, and every dish came at a different time for each of the five of us. The food was fair at best. I hope they improve because the atmosphere is warm and inviting and the location is fabulous.
- predictable delicious Italian foodMarinManDined on 5/7/2014All of our selections were brought to the table, either appropriately cold or hot. The server was abler to make adjustments for dietary issues with no fuss. Unobtrusive service. Good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place.DASLDined on 4/26/2014The restaurant has good food. It is not the best food, but the menu offers a nice variety of items from which to choose. The seating is a little tight but it works. We dined on a Saturday evening at 6:00 after making reservations a week in advance. There were a few empty tables when we arrived, but the restaurant was filled by 7:00. Our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great goodKimmyVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great service and good food. Love my fresh clam liguine. Great special salad bursts and agrular. My daughter loved tortilini with prosciutto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the gnocchi!!!lisottafDined on 4/24/2014So hard to find light gnocchi - these guys have been serving great food for years.....love going back!Special Features:
- Food was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014We were not impressive with food. Other than Muscles appetizer which was really outstanding, all entries were Average, that included veal picatta, calamari steak and Bolognese lasagna. Roasted Chicken dish was outstanding. We consider this to be a nice neighborhood restaurant, but not a culinary destination. Sitting in the small alcove facing the blank wall was also not a winner.
- Great little placeDeepap19Dined on 4/18/2014We told our server we were going to a show and he brought our food out quickly so that we could enjoy our dinner before we headed out. Great service and I would go there again for sure.Special Features:
- Acoustic BistroEmilyFanDined on 4/14/2014Ate here because of the every- Monday Acoustic Bistro. Went to see Emily Elbert. The food was good. The service was okay. Really need one more server but it isn't too bad. Good size venue for this type of music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This definitely our go toGinnieleeVIPDined on 4/11/2014This definitely our go to restaurant in the neighborhood. We are always welcome with open arms. You never can miss with the food.Special Features: