Osteria Ciceri e Tria
106 Victoria St.,
Toronto, ON M5C 3G7Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Osteria Ciceri e Tria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriacicerietria.com/
- Phone: 4169550258
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm -10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luca Stracquadino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Be prepared for the tiny dishes on the Osteria's always-changing menu to bombard your table Barese-style.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Manager 8888915116
A word from Osteria Ciceri e Tria
AUS'TER'EE'AH CHEE'CHE'REE EH TREE'AH—once you learn how to say it, you might be interested to know what it means. First, an osteria is a traditional Italian tavern, a gathering place where locals and visitors alike can drop in on a whim, unwind with a glass (or two) of wine, find out the day's gossip, talk (or shout) sports, and have a bite to eat of whatever the host, or oste, has decided to prepare for the day. Second, Ciceri e Tria is a typical Pugliese dish made up of chickpeas (ciceri), a bit of broth, and homemade pasta (that's the tria). Be prepared for the tiny dishes on the Osteria's always-changing menu to bombard your table Barese-style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria Ciceri e Tria reviews from OpenTable diners
- PretentioustoflynnDined on 11/7/2013I will start by saying that the food was delicious. That is about all good that I can say. I went for lunch with my mom. Looking at the menu we both thought the spaghetti vongole looked nice. When we were ordering, my mom asked to have a short pasta substituted for the spaghetti as she finds it hard to eat. The waitress paused and said she would ask if the chef would be willing to make the change. She came back to the table and said that this time they would be willing to accomodate but not to ask for it the next time. Now I get that they put the dishes together for a reason, but really get over yourselves! This was a $16 pasta dish! Given that Terroni is a family friendly chain, I expected better service and a less snobby attitude!
- Great casual ItaliankariDined on 11/4/2013Very charming and comfortable dining with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for meeting someoneClausDined on 10/28/2013great place to get together with someone. It be for a business mtg or a private evening. Nice food, nice ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large family group nearby,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2013Large family group nearby, with a number of small children on a Friday night made it quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to dial it upphgfDined on 10/10/2013While service was friendly and relatively attentive, food was below average. Calamari was dry and tasteless. Pasta was starchy
- outstanding food & service -pathdwellerDined on 9/9/2013great venue for client entertaining; superb food and service - totally recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on a whimNYCdinerDined on 8/24/2013The ambiance was mellow being that it was an early dinner. The diners were a mixed bunch: couples and families. Our waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. The serving staff were polite and not too in your face all the time. There were a grumpy mom and daughter sitting on the table next to us. They had an issue with their waiter not ours but our waiter actually took the time to help address their needs. That was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's up here?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2013For lunch, They seated us in the sister restaurant in the same space saying it is now the same menu. We wanted to be in the osteria side ... There were no set menu choices like our previous lunches at osteria. I asked about the soup. Waiter said it was too hot for soup ... They used to feature cold soups at osteria. Food was fine but put off by the restaurant change. Not sure if temporary or permanent. But we won't go back for lunch.
- Special lunchMarcCDined on 8/15/2013We love to lunch their when we have business downtown Nd time for an extended lunch. The food is honest, abundant and tasty. A you h expensive but not overly so. Always look forward to being thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Positive ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2013Our experience at this establishment was a positive one, however, if you are in a hurry I don't suggest you chose this place for lunch. My friend and I shared an appetizer and one meal and it took 45 minutes for our food to arrive. I was on a lunch break and had to eat very quickly and leave. Lastly, it is extremely loud during lunch which made it extremely difficult to enjoy our conversation. All of that being said, the food was amazing (as well as the wine). I have already made lunch plans with another friend to go back and enjoy their wine list a little more. I will definitely try eating there again when I have more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious innovative yet classicRachelDined on 8/8/2013Fresh seasonal Italian food done with a lot of care. Sharing plates great, amazing starters, pasta and fish. More special than the average Terroni joint. Our waiter was perfect - helpful non-intrusive and charming, great music on the speakers but not loud. Ask for a window booth if you are four or less. Also lots of long communal tables for larger parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food! Service was greatVAB1Dined on 8/7/2013Good food! Service was great as well. Would definitely go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We used to come here beforeflametwin1Dined on 8/6/2013We used to come here before the theatre and just loved it. Our meal this week was good but not great. Pleasant service and they did not bug us to leave when we were the only ones left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria Wanna BeTopogigioDined on 8/2/2013We should have known that the evening would be a bust when we were seated next to a large group who seemed to occupy all the wait staffs attention We were seated for 10 minutes before some one bothered to offer us some water The pasta I ordered was over cooked: the anchovies were MIA and the rapini was so soft it turned into a purée upon contact with my tongue We decided to try the grilled branzino : at $32 it is the most expensive menu item Charred on the outside and overcooked on the inside We had to ask for lemon wedges! Come on , who serves grilled fish without offering a grilled or fresh lemon wedge? I suggest that they change the name of the place to Cafeteria Ciceri e Tria
- Just fantasticjkwhytiesDined on 7/29/2013Great atmosphere, wonderful service, incredible food. Absolutely fantastic. No complaints whatsoever. If you like quality food, eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/22/2013When we arrived we were informed that only the La Bettola menu was available for lunch, and that the Osteria Ciceri menu for dinner. Since we had booked Ciceri and were looking forward to having a panzerotto for lunch, it was very disappointing. If that is the new policy, the websites for the restaurants should be updated to reflect that! The pizza I had was good, but my companion did not like her pasta dish. Overall, a disappointment this time and last, don't plan to go back.
- Mid-week delight!ETorontoisVIPDined on 7/18/2013Lovely dinner date, perfect spot at one of the two window seats. Delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Horrific PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2013Had arranged a business lunch and a quiet table. Got one, although the restaurant itself is pretty noisy. The service was good, but we did feel a bit rushed. Prices over the top I think, but authentic Italian.Special Features:
- Disappointing PastaAbruzzeseDined on 7/12/2013Special effort to get to this restaurant only to be disappointed with a dry, tasteless pasta dish.
- Excellent Google Street View findgiacomoDined on 6/8/2013Dinner before theatre at the Elgin: I literally walked the Google street view guy around the corner and found this. The flight of appetizers held many wonderful surprises, the Orechietti with radichio was new to me although the server said it was a traditional dish - a little too al dente for my taste but good peasant food. I had the bisteck and enjoyed the presentation when it came - it was just the right amount, not too much, and my mouth is watering at the memory as I write this. Dessert raspberry gelato was VERY raspberry. Service was attentive without being over solicitous. Altogether a good find and one to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialty menu and a fab diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2013Specialty menu and a fab dining experience. Great for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food no felxibilitylovetoeatVIPDined on 5/4/2013early dinner so not many people in....we started on the Osteria side but having seen the menu my wife wanted a pizza from the other side....but they wouldn't accommodate ( wouldn't do substitutions either) so we moved to the bar there and had a great meal...i had the pappardelle duck ragu which was great ..we then went to a showI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2013Good wine selections and the bread was excellent, but I did find my main course lacking in flavour. For a mushroom pasta, I was hoping for something with more mushroom flavour. To their credit, though, the noodles were made fresh, which is always a good sign. I would go back and try another dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- stay away. overpriced. below avg.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2013Sea bass overcooked. Unimaginative presentation. Impatient older server.
- Great ItalianGreatcityVIPDined on 4/19/2013High quality well prepared Italian. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Terrific but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Great meal, terrific calamari, best gnocchi I've ever eaten. Only complaint was noise level, just so loud that we were shouting across the table at each other. This becomes intrusive vs. fun but depends what you're looking for.
- Not great experienceNancyVIPDined on 4/13/2013Very disappointing. My soup was as thick as hummus and the service was slow with a side of attitude. Mentioned out of the gate we were going to a 8pm show and still had no main course by 730. When we inquired we got attitude and saw waitress mocking our panic with one of the cooks. It was very noisy and there was the craziest circus-like music being played. Sorry not a fan of this place.
- Dinner with the ParentsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013Went for dinner with my parents for the first time to Osteria Ciceri e Tria when they came to visit. Really upbeat and fun atmosphere when we went. The pasta sauce was delicious and the meat was fall-off-the-bone juicy. Looking forward to go back again with friends.Special Features:
- Osteria Cic.e.Tria:Servizio zero!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2013I was excited about this restaurant after Toronto Life gave it an eye-browing raising three stars (this is very uncommon for this type of resto). I consider myself a serious gourmand, and although I understand those three stars aren't Michelin, I still hold Toronto restaurants at a certain standard when it comes to service. It just wasn't there and on a Tuesday night, they dining room was empty, just our group of 10 and a couple other dueces. It made the whole experience a bit bland. Although, the food WAS good -- not 3 star-great, but good.Special Features:
- Earth Hour Participant!mwongDined on 3/23/2013As we had previously dined at Osteria Ciceri e Tria last year for Earth Hour, we were hoping they would be participating in Earth Hour again this year! We were definitely not disappointed when they did indeed turn out the lights at exactly 8:30pm! The food and ambience was great. The service was a bit slow, but it may have something to do with the lack of lighting available to the staff. One recommendation would be that they provided some more candles at the tables, so we could read the menus better. We asked for this, but apparently they didn't have any more candles.Special Features:
- Great food through and through.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2013I've been to Osteria Ciceri e Tria a few times, and each time has been a consistently great experience. The food and wine is divine, and I especially love (and recommend) the Branzino for two! I'd highly recommend this restaurant as a great small groups as well as a great date location! On this particular visit, the service was a bit slow but definitely not a deal-breaker in my books.Special Features:
- Great food and service, pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013Great food and service, pleasant room. Don't usually complain about this, but wine is way overpriced.Special Features:
- The food is absolutely excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/15/2013The food is absolutely excellent. Service was also very good.Special Features:
- Food not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013Good place if you are looking for action. Sat at a long table with other people. Would rather have my own table. Food was not good and portions were very small. My kids left the restaurant hungry.Special Features:
- Great SpotMourvedreDined on 2/22/2013I usually come to Osteria Ciceri e Tria for lunch with colleagues, friends and business contacts. Good atmosphere, good service, lovely food. I really appreciate that every time I go there are at least one or two delicious, creative fish + salad dishes on the menu, and that is what I usually order. Reasonably priced. Great spot. I must come back for dinner sometime.Special Features:
- Good, solid lunch place. LotsTTRKVIPDined on 2/20/2013Good, solid lunch place. Lots of food options and casual atmosphere
- Excellent but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Overall a very good restaurant but the portions are small and way too expensive for the amount you are getting.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013We went to this restaurant for Valentine's Day and had a great time. The food was delicious, especially the white bean and potato stew (antipasto). My wife had the lamb and I had the beef tenderloin with some potatoes on the side (thanks to our server for providing that). The location itself is really nice, a few steps from the queen stop subway. The inside decor was vibrant, rustic, & modern. The space was smaller, but didn't feel cramped. The staff were all very friendly; casual but professional. Overall we had a great time and will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- It was a busy night that IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It was a busy night that I and my partner went. Our reservation was put on the big table, together with other strangers. So the spot was tight. The width of the table was wide, so it made our conversation very difficult to communicate without raising the voice. However, the food and the service were great. The price was reasonable.Special Features:
- Definitely try the appetizerRaconDined on 2/9/2013Definitely try the appetizer tasting menu: it included a nice hearty soup, calamari, a delicious beef and parm salad and a delicious risotto and cheese stick. We had a group of 10 and it was pretty easy to get a reservation for that amount of people. The gnocchi one of the best I've ever had! So light and delicious. Other dishes that were ordered were also all delicious! Definitely recommend the ravioli also. Just be aware that the sea bass comes as the entire fish, not just a fillet. Desserts were all fantastic :)Special Features: