1125 Military Cutoff Road
Wilmington, NC 28405Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteria-cicchetti.com/
- Phone: (910) 256-7476
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mark Lawson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Osteria Cicchetti has one large private dining room that seats 40-55 people. Private parties are offered a 3-course banquet menu that includes soup or salad, choice of entree, coffee and dessert. Customized options are also available. Excellent location for social events and larger corporate functions. Minimum guest count required.
- Private Party Contact: Todd McCullough 9102567476x
A word from Osteria Cicchetti
For Wilmington's best in Italian food and drink visit Osteria Cicchetti. Brick oven pizza, traditional Northern Italian pastas, an antipasto bar featuring Italian formaggi and salumi, as well as house specialties, are served in an atmosphere reminiscent of the Tuscan countryside. Pair your meal with a carafe from our Italian wine bar. Open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Osteria Cicchetti - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Osteria Cicchetti reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (24)romantic (18)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good visit with excellent service!Amara22Dined on 11/21/2014My Mom and I were visiting from out of state. We had a nice table near the kitchen and an attentive waiter that looked a bit like Thor. My blueberry Lemon Martini was lovely. My Mom enjoyed her house Pinot Noir. My Veal Piccata was tasty, but slightly tough. My Mom's eggplant pasta dish was delicious. The bread was additive. I had the cannolis- OK, but I won't repeat. Overall, fun atmosphere. Good menu. The restaurant was super cold when the front door was opened. I would return in a minute, if I was local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My family and I went to the Osteria Cicchetti for the first time recently. The food, service and the atmosphere was exceptional. The menu was so hard to choose from. They even offer a dinner special that added to the difficulty in choosing, because everything sounded delicious. We have definitely found a new favorite restaraunt in Wilmington.Special Features:
- My go to resturantMygo2Dined on 11/8/2014It's always been consistent! Great food, service! I especially like the pasta dishes! Once had their swordfish special & it was delicious! Never eat swordfish that was tender but cooked, seasoned just right! Never been disappointed with a meal! Love the O.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retiredretiredDined on 11/4/2014everything was excellent......................as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LetsEatDined on 11/3/2014We had heard good things but were somewhat disappointed in our first visit. We did have a very good (and inexpensive!) wine with dinner. The calamari was a little chewy. My pasta was bland but DH's flounder with caper berries was delish. We finished with the bread pudding which was interesting with the cinnamon ice cream but definitely not exceptional. Service was great! We may give it another try but not anytime soon.
- Delicious!!FoeyDined on 11/2/2014Brought new friends to the OC that just moved to the area. Made a WOW impression! All our meals were great! My husband and I loved the shrimp francaise and the bread pudding w cinnamon ice cream was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good on all levelsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014There's something for everyone, yet, the menu is not overwhelming. Prepared to order, staff knowledgeable about food and wines. Portions are generous so there's usually enough for lunch at home another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at the OC!CajunQueenDined on 11/1/2014We had another great dinner at the OC on Saturday night! Our party ordered the soprano pizza, the gnocchi and sausage and the fish special and it was all delicious!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Food is always good, fresh and hot. Excellent service too. Prices are very reasonable making this a wonderful family dining experience.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood ItalainbobrudDined on 10/10/2014This is a great place to end up for almost any occasion. The Italian fare is very good, the servers are pleasant and efficient and the atmosphere is appealing. It can get a little noisy, especially if you're seated in the back rooms and especially if next to a large party. Good place.Special Features:
- Long time favorite..Won't be backKateVIPDined on 10/3/2014We love OC. Has been a long time favorite for a relatively quick but yummy Friday night dinner. The food is consistently good. The problem is the service. The last two times we have had poor servers. Last night was beyond poor though. Our waitress had an attitude, even roong her eyes when my dad needed more time to decide what he wanted. Several condescending remarks continued, until the final straw came when my parents both complained their coffees were cold. Her response, "that happens when you put too much milk in it."
- Good until I got the mainMarkVIPDined on 10/1/2014The restaurant has a nice design and the waitstaff was attentive. Ordered a romaine salad which was fresh and well done. Also got the veal parm. The veal had been cooked well done and as a result was quite tough. The taste was okay but the main was ruined. My guest ordered the lasagna and seemed pleased.
- Great DinnerMomsFavDined on 10/1/2014My 93 year old Mom loves the pizza, as the whole family does. Early family dinner so she could enjoy her fav. Always good meal no matter what is ordered.Special Features:
- Entrees average.TheatreLoverDined on 9/27/2014I had snapper and wife had chicken/pasta meal. Snapper relatively tasteless and pasta very, very, very salty. The cheese cake with raspberry topping was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised and delighted!PadreDavideDined on 9/15/2014I started with the fried calamari and immediately fell in love. No one has made it as well since my grandmother made it for our family celebrations of Christmas Eve. The Scallops with spinach/ricotta gnocchi in a lemon cream sauce was a triumph. I ended with a great cup of coffee and the cannoli. It was an overall outstanding experience of Italian cuisine. I'll be back! Fr. Davide ChiantellaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific serviceAlexwilmingtonDined on 9/13/2014This time we were there for an early Saturday supper pre movie. I requested a nice table for our friend's anniversary and got a great comfortable table near the open kitchen where we could watch the preparation area but not be so close as to be "involved" with the activity. Actually nicest and most roomy table yet. Server was very attentive and accomodated special requests for menu variations. Able to carry out normal level conversations. We may do this again at the same time. Food was great and anitpasti was well presented and delicious.Special Features:
- Not a good experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Ate here on a busy Friday night, but the noise level was intolerable. The tables are squashed so close together there is barely room to squeeze in without knocking into the table next to you. I literally had to yell across the 2 top so my dining partner could hear me and finally gave up completely on trying to have a conversation. The food is mediocre at best...Not exactly a pleasant dining experience for sure! There are much better Italian restaurants in Wilmington and certainly much quieter and more relaxing, enjoyable places to eat - places where you are able to enjoy those you came to share an evening with!
- Group DinnerClydeDined on 9/8/2014We had great service, and the food was excellent! What more does one need for a group of 10? Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!FrequentGuestDined on 9/6/2014The food was great as usual...everything we try here is consistently exceptional! Great Ambiance as well and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Food, Friends, FunLC0929Dined on 9/5/2014Five people comfortable shared four dinners. Everything went perfectly well. We shared three awesome desserts - Italian cheesecake is fabulous, cannoli was great and the chocolate/vanilla layered cake-like dessert was scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 123abcDined on 9/2/2014The salad had not been brought to us and they had our meal served. first they brought the incorrect choice for me. they returned our meals and served our salad then she brought back the correct dinner but just kept the other meal hot. I don't understand the rush. it was a Tuesday evening. not a lot of patrons and I was a little bit disappointed with that. I've had other meals at this restaurant and was pleased. they should not rush with the dinner order especially if you haven't finished with your appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OC delivered as alwaysASM1125Dined on 8/31/2014We brought some out of town guests to celebrate my parents anniversary. Everyone raved about the food, drinks and service. Best martini in town!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!jennifer0410Dined on 8/31/2014I've gone to Osteria Cicchetti twice and had great food both times. This night we ordered the fried mozzarella app, lasagna and al pesto. My husband couldn't get over how amazing the lasagna was and enjoyed it came with a nice creamy sauce (more like vodka sauce than marinara) to balance the spiciness of the sausage. The portion was large, and it wasn't your run-of-the-mill lasagna. The al pesto pasta did not disappoint either. My only slight complaint is the place can be quite loud on a crowded night, and the tables are close together. However, it is dim and has nice decor so it definitely has a romantic vibe. Once you get over being so close to your fellow diners, it is a wonderful place for a night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMimiDined on 8/30/2014We have always enjoyed dining at "OC"! The menu selections are great, the food delicious and the service is just right - not hovering! I wish it weren't so noisy but the food makes it worth the noise and much better energy than a stuffy quiet place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodloveyDined on 8/30/2014The food was great. They gave the children the option of ordering half portions of the foods they ordered Great service. Our server returned frequently to see if we needed anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food At The BeachAnthonyVIPDined on 8/29/2014A friend of ours recommend this restaurant and we were not disappointed. Wife started off with a chocolate martini a little to sweet for my taste, I settled for a dirty Martini. We had fried artichokes for an app - was wonderful (could have had this as only the meal and I would have been satisfied). Wife's entre was penne bolognese had a taste not bad, I had salmon with side of spaghetti both were great. Would recommend this to anyone visiting the Wilmington area.Special Features:
- Pleasant eve with wife and friendsRColaDined on 8/29/2014Good food, nice house wine, good service, reasonable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brightchildDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent! Large quantities for the price - could easily make 2 meals out of order. Food temperature was great. Wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly. When our food was brought to the table it was wonderful that the wait staff was attentive. One thing we all noticed was that reaching across the table was not done. Kudos!!! The wait staff brought the food to your side and placed it on the table. We did not have to ask for refills. The desserts were absolutely heavenly. The lighting was a little low but other than that, great experience!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding SpecialswaterlilyDined on 8/16/2014The evening specials at Osteria are always outstanding.Special Features:
- excellentLC0929Dined on 8/8/2014Two couples, four delicious meals with wine. You couldn't have asked for a better evening in a nearby gem.Special Features:
- Always awesome-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We have never had a bad experience at the OC. The food, wait staff and atmosphere is always top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria CicchettiMikeDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful rustic atmosphere, excellent italian food, super wait staff. We love the ambiance. Quiet to the point of almost feeling private. Perfect after a day at the beech to simply reflect on the wonders and beauty of the ocean. We don't miss the restaurant when we come to Wilmington.Special Features:
- A great selectionKellyDined on 8/7/2014We went as a family of 4 and all ordered something different. Food was good portions are huge. We took a doggy bag home and had enough for another dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 555 reviews are from the Osteria Cicchetti reviews archive.
- Italian at its bestpickyeaterVIPDined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed this restaurant's food and service so much that we visited it twice during our four day stay in Wrightsville Beach. This is not your ordinary Italian restaurant. You will NOT have mundane, over-sauced, chain-restaurant food. Instead, every dish has a true Italian touch. We began one night with the appetizer special of chorizo (oh so wonderful and smokey) and umbria (sharp cheese). On our other visit we enjoyed meatballs - WOW. They are hand formed and delightfully spiced. From the pasta to the seafood entrees - each was obviously freshly prepared and had a chef's special touch. And then there is the white chocolate bread pudding with glazed bananas - Oh My!!!! If you are looking for real Italian while at the beach, this is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food! Great service!dys1Dined on 7/24/2014As always, our meal was exceptional, the portions huge, the prices very good for quality and portion of food, service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSail2thereDined on 7/23/2014We had a simply fabulous meal. I had the Shrimp Franchese; it was superb. My husband and son had veal and chicken Parm. They had huge portions,and both couldn't resist eating the entire portion. Our service was better than our previous visit. Our only suggestion would be to find ways to lower the noise level. Energetic is such a polite way to describe it. We love to go when @ Wrightsville Beach. This time we set outside and enjoyed this frat food with conversation.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014All was great! Wine was good, appetizers too. The restaurant has very good kitchen and the food is very close the the real Italian cousine.Special Features:
- DelightfulfinedinerDined on 7/19/2014I dined with three other people and we all enjoyed the appetizers, main courses and deserts. The noise level made it hard to converse at times. I would like to return at a less busy time to see if that helps with the noise issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Yearly TreatSilentFoodieDined on 7/18/2014We come once a year when at the beach. Inviting atmosphere. Creative appetizers. Delicious food. Super friendly staff. Wish we could bring it home with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit darkAV8RDined on 7/15/2014The food was good, our waitress was not very attentative- she offered extra cheese, went to get the cheese, but then stopped to chit chat with another waitress while I sat there waiting. The room lighting was too low, several folks were using their smart phone flashlights to read the menu. Aside from these concerns, my wife and I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.