Osteria Cicchetti - Monkey Junction
5104 S College Rd
Wilmington, NC 28412Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Osteria Cicchetti - Monkey Junction
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteria-cicchetti.com/
- Phone: 9103923490x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11am-3pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Osteria Cicchetti - Monkey Junction
Osteria Cicchetti’s second location to open soon. Brick oven pizza, traditional Northern Italian pastas, an antipasto bar featuring Italian formaggi and salumi, as well as house specialties, are served in an atmosphere reminiscent of the Tuscan countryside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Osteria Cicchetti - Monkey Junction - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Osteria Cicchetti - Monkey Junction reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (18)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Found it lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014I've heard so many compliments on this place that I finally tried it and found it lacking. The place was empty on a Tuesday evening yet we had extremely slow service. The only thing they brought quickly was the check at the end of the meal. The food was average, nothing notable other than my companions meal (lobster ravioli) had approximately four bites then it was gone. Based on my experience, I'm really not sure where all of the hype came from...Special Features:
- Consistently Good!TastyVIPDined on 10/22/2014OC was a perfect place for our Bible Study Group monthly dinner. We had a group of 14 .. they provided us with a setting in back dining room away from the main dining area. Food as always was terrific as was the service. Thanks to OC for a very nice evening with friends.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSerenaDined on 9/19/2014We enjoy dining at the OC every time we visit Kure Beach. The food is always very good from the pasta dishes to the fish and salads, not to me to mention the warm bread. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We were delighted when the Carolina Beach location opened making it more convenient.Special Features:
- FussypalateDined on 9/19/2014GREAT FOOD, GOOD WINE! SALMON DISH WAS AS GOOD AS IT GETS. CHICKEN MARSALA IS EXCELLENT. EGG PLANT IS WONDERFUL. WE have not had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Under StaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014Nobody greeted us as we entered until I walked around looking for somebody to great and seat us. I was told they were understaffed. Once seated we had OK service (not up to my expectations). The food was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressedlenagirl28Dined on 9/13/2014It was my first time in O.C and I was very impressed. The food was good and the atmosphere was great. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 9/6/2014Took my parents here for a night out. Laurel; our server was attentive, helpful and very friendly. The menu offered many choices, however my father and I selected the Zuppa Di Pesce, which came with generous portion of shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels and chunks of fish filet in a nice marinara sauce with pasta. My mother chose the Veal Parmigiana, which also had a generous portion of veal and a heap of spaghetti. My mother had a difficult time selecting a wine, and Laurel brought three samples of red wine to the table for her to try after she disliked her original wine order. We enjoyed our dinner at Osteria Cicchetti and will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRegularGuestDined on 8/31/2014Great Food. Always a good value. We always enjoy what is served. Value wine list also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our FavoriteABWelkerDined on 8/30/2014My husband always gets the same thing: spaghetti with meatballs only. On the other hand, I'm the exploring type and will try the specials most of the time. Okay, there's a problem, I can never remember what the special was, so I can never get it again. Oh well, keep exploring I guess.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBennyVIPDined on 8/28/2014I loved the recent experience at OC-II. The food and service were exemplary.Special Features:
- Very good food and xcellent servicefood42Dined on 8/16/2014Although the restaurant was moderately noisy, the food was very good in huge portions. The service was excellent with friendly and helpful staff. We will definitely return for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great FindjdigiovaDined on 8/10/2014Been there a few times now, food and service has been great every time. I would highly recommend it. Clams with red sauce, one of my favorite dishes was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKfoodloverVIPDined on 8/2/2014Used to love OC, but not so impressed lately. Portions are smaller and prices are higher. We had the scallops for 19$...5 small scallops served over corn and carrots...so not worth it. The last time I had that dish, it was over a mound of beautiful veggies. What happened? Server was very attentive and sweet. Didn't want to complain about the food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Great food, attentive service, and do not miss the desserts, especially the bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLSpartyDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food and service. Great atmosphere. There is a great variety of menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJLBHDined on 8/1/2014Easy to get a table by using the Open Table App. We wanted to go to the sister restaurant at Military Cut Off, but saw this one at Monkey Junction which was closer to where we were staying. We are so glad we did. It was easy to get a reservation; easy to find; staff was very polite; food was delicious/very tasty and flavorful (Risotto with asparagus and dried tomatoes and veal parmesan) and came in a timely manner. We will definitely return the next time we are in Wilmington. Nice to have a great restaurant you can count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentJustLikeMeDined on 7/24/2014This was my 4th visit to the restaurant. We brought friends from out of town with us. We wee all extremely pleased with the food and service. The lunch deals cannot be beat.Special Features:
- Very Nice Dining ExperienceTMC3Dined on 7/20/2014Wife and I had a great dining experience. We both took full advantage of the "Sunday Menu", which consisted of Veal Parm and a Pepperoni Pizza. Each meal was individually more than the two of us could have eaten in one seating itself. The desert that was included was a triple chocolate decedant flourless cake, that was out of this world.. The only regret I have is that I didn't take a page out of the MaryKay handbook and start with dessert first. This is a great place to eat and the service was impecable and we never went without, thanks to two servers that were obviously trained in providing quality customer service.. I would recommend this restaurant, and service... This would be the place I would choose my last meal from!Special Features:
- What a great dnner!ssadsdhtVIPDined on 7/5/2014Can't wait to return. From the appetizer to the special and simple grill, the dinner and service were excellent.Special Features:
- The following 48 reviews are from the Osteria Cicchetti - Monkey Junction reviews archive.
- Good Food, Fair ServiceOmnivoreDined on 6/28/2014The food was interesting and well prepared. The butter bean salad was unique and delicious. But the waitress had too many tables, and it was hard to get her attention. The entree was delivered to the table much too quickly, before we were even halfway finished with our salads. Still, it was a good value, and we would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for eats with friendsbaddingoDined on 6/21/2014Service good food very good prices excellent atmosphere chatty and friendly nice place for group of friends to get togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great Meal!ssadsdhtVIPDined on 6/20/2014One of our favorites. Every meal is wonderful. The wait staff is wonderful. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great time!MarkDined on 6/20/2014This was my second time here. I love visiting Carolina Beach and having dinner at Osteria. The food is very good and the service is awesome. I will be back the next time I visit Carolina Beach!Special Features:
- OC Version 2.0FlyRNDined on 6/20/2014Overall not bad. Good staff. Decent food but nothing great. Good local sourced Mozzarella backed by frozen chicken breast. The original location was a better experience overall. Will return with milder expectations.
- An Excellent RestaurantLoveItalianDined on 6/15/2014Our first visit to Osteria Cicchetti was memorable! The food and atmosphere were wonderful!! Our server was excellent, although she was covering a large number of tables which made her visits to our table a little less often than desired. This will be one of our neighborhood favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Father's Day!TurtlegirlDined on 6/15/2014Great meal! Great service! The eggplant parm appetizer was fantastic! The pear & walnut spinach salad was amazing. Three of us had flatbreads and they were awesome! Will definitely return again. Best meal in a long time!Special Features:
- Great staffSuperbVIPDined on 6/14/2014Hannah and Anthony were wonderful. I have never experienced such a friendly, seemingly happy, restaurant staff. The gentleman serving in the same room was also great, though I did not catch his name. We enjoyed the patio very much, but as storm clouds threatened, staff members came out to make sure we were moved inside before we got wet. Thanks for a great meal and a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Illusion of an authentic ItalianDinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014Save you money. Meats are prepared ahead of time & served with fresh pasta. Disappointing.....
- OC #2 Carries on TraditionBillDined on 5/31/2014Food was abundant and very good. Same menu as OC on Military Cutoff. Liked the outdoor seating. Someone took great care to minimize the evening sun glare with the landscaping's tree placement. Service was great, also same as at Military Cuttoff. Management seems to carry over the good food/good service culture and standards from one store to the next. Means a great meal there is no accident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedKarenDined on 5/30/2014not my best visit, I have been to this location 3 times now and I was very disappointed this time.....noisy, rushed service, sangria needed to be returned. Chopped Salad was almost completely chopped lettuce with no discernible meat or cheese,,,,,,
- Never disappointedJustLikeMeDined on 5/30/2014I have visited the Monkey Junction restaurant 3 times now. It has exceeded our expectations each time. The consistent excellent service and superior food will keep us coming back. My husband always says he wants to eat there every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OC IIfoodie4lifeDined on 5/23/2014We have eaten many times at "OC" at the Forum and since moving to the other side of town were thrilled that OC has added a second location. We like the lively ambience, the consistency of the food, (which is always so good), and the prices are so reasonable for the quality. They have a large bar, like the original in the Forum, and you can come in alone and eat and drink there too! If it is crowded on a weekend, we like to sit and eat at the bar! Everything we have had there has been great, but we always love the pizzas, the spinach salad, the flounder piccata and calamari appetizer. Just a few favorites! We have never been disappointed at OC!Special Features:
- DeliciousCajunQueenDined on 5/22/2014The OC has opened up the patio for dinning and it is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experiencefood4uDined on 5/16/2014I enjoyed my first dining experience at this restaurant and will absolutely return along with my family and friends. The Zuppe de Pesce was full of flavor, the flounder and salmon dishes were cooked perfectly and the spaghetti with those large meatballs and sausage was delicious. Great service. The wine list is impressive. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Overly Thrilleddinner38Dined on 5/3/2014We had heard this was a great place to eat, and seeing the other restaurants this group owned we'd figure we'd try it out. The food was OK. I had veal parmesan and it was slightly overdone and stacked. My wife and our friend had the Filet special with a Risotto that had too much port wine in it. Our friends wife had a seafood entrée with risotto as well, however hers was really good. The dessert (a bread pudding) was awesome! The service was good and the atmosphere was nice. Had the food been a bit better this would have been a place to rave about.
- Pleasant EveningDownhomeDined on 4/28/2014Over all it was a nice meal. First positive was a surprise they had outdoor seating and we took advantage on a beautiful evening. Nice menu and friendly waitstaff. Prices were very reasonable and a nice variety of wines at good prices. There were four of use and we ordered a nice Montepulciano and white bean salad appetizers. The bread brought tot he table was nice and the olive oil was OK. We had to request Balsimac vinegar. I ordered the Zuppa di Pesca, sauce could have come from a can and I got 2 clams, three small shrimp, two small mussels, and 6 or so pieces of squid, over a ton of pasta. My wife had Chicken Parmigiana, again the bland sauce. Our guests ordered Spaghetti and spaghetti and meat ball. Same sauce. Good seviceSpecial Features:
- Extremely LoudWatermanDined on 4/26/2014I've been to Osteria Cicchetti near Mayfaire several times and its always been great . We were looking forward to trying to Monkey Junction location but the noise level ruined it. When we sat down the noise level was so bad we paid for the drinks we ordered and left before ordering dinner.
- DisappointedUnknownDined on 4/26/2014Was very excited for a girls night out to the OC. I am a frequent patron and order the clams and linguini every time, because well it is FABULOUS! This time I could barely eat it. It was almost a soupy consistency with an overpowering lemon flavor. I didn't mention anything to the server because I am hoping this was a one time occurrence. Our service was so-so. He completely forgot our wine and we didn't receive it until our entrees came. Also the dessert and check were delivered together, it just seemed like he wanted us out of there. I will absolutely be in again, hopefully with a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level was to highBeccaDined on 4/11/2014The noise level was to high could hear the person across from me or the waitress. Ordered cheeses and meats very disappointed w/ discription and condiments.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceHappyDined on 4/5/2014Great restaurant - the quality of the food is always the same; the spot is good for a quiet dinner for two or for a group. This time we were near a group of young people going to a prom. The noise level was a little higher than normal but you could still hear the people at the table; One of the people we dined with has two sons who are gourmet chefs and she commented on how excellent the duck was; Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.