38 Deborah Drive
Leola, PA 17540Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriaavanti.com/
- Phone: 7176568983x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John Calabrese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Osteria can provide any type of event with amazing food and great service. Our staff will service caterings anywhere from 10 people up to 200 people within 30 miles. Most of our menu items are available in addition to more special request items. There are no time restrictions on when we cater an event and we also offer a wide selection of breakfast and lunch items as well. We cater any event either full service or drop-off. If interested please contact our Director of Sales Kelly Doutt at the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: The main dining room at Osteria can be rented out for special occasions up to 24 people. We do ask that any parties larger than 6 order off of our large party menu, which is available to view upon request. We also offer a larger room, our Dietro room, for events up to 40 people. To make the occasion extra special, we offer custom made cakes by our in house pastry chef or a beautiful flower arrangement from our in house florist. Both rooms can be booked 7 days a week 12pm to 10pm (upon availability). Osteria is a great place for any event: birthday, anniversary, business meeting etc. If interested please contact our Director of Sales Kelly Doutt for more details at the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Doutt 7175568705x
A word from Osteria Avanti
Osteria Avanti is casual rustic Italian restaurant located in the beautiful Inn at Leola Village. It provides a warm, cozy atmosphere to all of it's guests with it's custom built fireplaces and country Italian decor. Your table will be warmly greeted by one of our highly trained servers carrying a basket of our house made bread. You will then be presented with our unique menu featuring some of Chef's best recipes. Osteria also offers a wide selection of wines and cocktails as well. Chef Calabrese brings a wonderful influence of rustic flavors from all over Italy right to your table. He provides his guests with the best fresh, local ingredients and even grows some of his own produce in his on site vegetable and herb garden. Osteria is a perfect place for a night out with your significant other or a nice dinner with the family. If you want an authentic Italian experience with great service, come to Osteria, we know we'll be seeing you again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria Avanti reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (10)special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Just WonderfulyoungersisterDined on 9/10/2014Our service was truly outstanding. The food was some of the best I've had. I would highly recommend for friends gathering, business dinners or romantic get-aways.Special Features:
- A rare gemJustawesomeDined on 9/8/2014Who would have thought we'd find this wonderful experience in our own backyard. The Inn and restaurant are old-world charming, as are the surrounding shops, perfect for that special night out, equally perfect for a drop-in lunch with friends. The food and service were excellent - beautiful presentation of every course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014Very attractive, comfortable setting. Service was attentative. Food was excellent. Skirt steak was cooked exactly medium, accompanied by very good frites. The penne dish featured very nicely al dente pasta mixed with a delicious beef cheek ragout. The house red wine was quite good, and a good bargain price-wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulenjoyingLeolaDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I truly enjoyed Osteria Avanti. Since it was a Sunday night, it was quiet, however the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!stacyeatsoutDined on 8/7/2014The Inn at Leola Village is a very pretty place! I love that you can walk the vegetable and herb gardens. I had a very good cocktail made with lavender and strawberry infused vodka. The freshmade bread was delicious too! You have to remind yourself not to gobble it all up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed dinerdinerpairVIPDined on 7/12/2014We used to go here quite a bit when it was Mazzi. Same place but definitely a different vibe. Food was okay and service was fair at best. Waited 20 minutes for drinks, then waited 20 more minutes for salads, but then the dinner came out about 5 bites into the salad. Food was average. No where close to the Mazzi experience. Sorry but we won't be back.
- Lovely!MelinDined on 7/10/2014Upscale charm and ambience in the heart of Lancaster County!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for anniversaryTablefortwoDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I went there for our 39th anniversary and because our son and his fiancé are getting married there. It was superb. Jason, the bar tender and waiter ( it was slow that day) was very thoughtful and helpful as we asked numerous questions about the food and the venue. Very, very nice and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another chancedanggDined on 6/1/2014The server while friendly was inefficient, dirty plates left on the table after we finished our meal for over an hour, only removed when dessert came. No excuse since there were only two other tables in the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014OpenTable obviously did not pass on the reservation I made with you to you. When we arrived no one knew there were any reservations for the evening. The fellow behind the bar stepped up and said of course we will serve you, took down the "Closed for a Private Party" sign and we were served. While there three other tables filled as well. The wait staff was very professional, as always. Our server, Eric, I believe did an outstanding job.Special Features:
- great findCarvoutDined on 5/30/2014Had dinner with hubby. Very nice, quiet, romantic, and food was excellent. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Osteria Avanti reviews archive.
- DisappontingStrawberries21Dined on 5/10/2014My husband and I visited on a Saturday night and were extremely disappointed with the service and food. We waited 15 minutes for our waiter to take out food order and another 30 minutes for appetizer (a platter of local cheeses). The shrimp spaghetti was plain and nothing special. After receiving our entrees we didn't see our waiter until after my husband had already finished his burger.
- Fine Dining; Service LackingScottMDined on 5/4/2014The Italian Food was very good, with a decent selection of antipastas, entrees and deserts. However, the service could have been better. It seemed as though they tried to impress us with knowledge of the dishes, but the little touches were ignored. We were never informed the specials, which would have been nice. I found out later they had a risotto that I would have loved, but settled for bruschetta instead (which wasn't very good). Finally, we had to end the night at the bar paying for dinner because our waiter forgot to pickup our check.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningwoodstoneDined on 4/15/2014We dined two nights and mid week. It was not crowded either night and the food was excellent. With different waiters, the service both evenings was pleasant and added to the enjoyment. The pricing was reasonable and the portions generousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience overall!JimpDined on 3/28/2014My fiancé, parents and I always enjoy our stay at Leola, particularly looking forward to the food! Shane was an excellent server, always professional and pleasant. Can't wait to come back again before our wedding in August!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014My sister in law & I love Italian restaurants. This was a very classy restaurant. Service was attentive and impeccable!! I would highly recommend this great establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealweedgeDined on 2/20/2014We enjoyed a very special meal while staying at the Leola inn. Service was excellent, food was excellent, they were very accommodating to us. Best filet I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant With Integrity :-)LexChexVIPDined on 2/14/2014My *new* fiancee and I had a beautiful Valentine's dinner here!! They truly showed us the utmost hospitality and warmth. They really made us feel like we were the only ones in the restaurant. I enjoyed everything from the salad to the champagne to the filet mignon and lobster. Their cocktails were especially noteworthy. Any establishment that can concocted a cocktail that is off menu and make it a good one, is place you want to return to. I truly recommend this place to all. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I Chose this restaurant to celebrate Valentines day. The food was good, nothing exceptional. My wife didn't really care for the spaghetti. I had the fillet which was very good. The service left a little to be desired. From the moment we walked in the door and the host did not ask to take our coats until we got to the table and then there was this awkward situation with him handing us menu's and trying to take our coats at the same time. The waiter was not attentive at all, never refilled our water, never asked if we would like another glass wine. Just not the quality of food or service you would expect in this price range.
- Wonderful find!DiningduoVIPDined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation here for Valentines Day. The special menu was great. Many good choices. Great good for a very reasonable price! Also, the portions were not too large. We will definately return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was CLOSED!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2014Despite receiving an encouraging confirmation email from OpenTable the restaurant was closed, and had not even planned to be open that evening. We have been to the restaurant before and it is an excellent place, but obviously OpenTable had not confirmed the reservation despite the email saying that they had. Beware. The POOR rating is required, but it is for OpenTable not the restaurant who would have got 5 stars had they been open.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceLuv2visitDined on 1/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience including the service, food and surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality enjoyable foodSailMarcoDined on 12/28/2013This is the 3rd time my wife and I have eaten here and each time has been a superb meal. Right sized, tasty and well prepared. Service has always been attentive but not over whelming (Nicholas has been our superb server @ time, Jason at the bar was also very accommodating)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in a beautifulMikeyDined on 12/27/2013Great place in a beautiful Inn. The help was a little strange, but overall a good night.Special Features:
- Very relaxed dining with excellentSlimfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2013Very relaxed dining with excellent food and service.
- Perfect Sunday night dinner!camcamDined on 8/4/2013Wow what a great way to end our weekend by dinning in Osteria Avanti!!! After we were sat at a cozy, copper, corner table, we greeted by Anthony who took excellent care of us through out the night. Our meals consisted of Sicilian Swordfish with house made vegetable risotto and a Penne pasta with beef cheek ragu and dark chocolate that was to die for! Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu and the wine list and helped direct us to a luscious Italian wine that paired perfect with our entrees. Can't wait to return. Thank you Avanti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013I remember Mazzi's (the restaurant that was here before), as a wonderful place to go with impeccable service and amazing food. Not so with Osteria Avanti. Although Osteria Avanti is a more Bistro-like establishment, I had assumed we could have expected the same quality of food. Not so. Maybe it was a bad night for the chef, but my chicken and my wife's salmon were both poorly prepared and, frankly speaking, pretty tasteless. There is nothing special about the menu choices and the service was slow, with just one server for the entire restaurant. I'll go back, even if only to see if my next visit to Osteria Avanti will be better than the first.
- One of the better local optionsShopnalotVIPDined on 7/17/2013If dining outside of the city of Lancaster, this is one of the better local options. Food is good, although slightly over seasoned and the menu, although limited, has enough variety. A lot of effort to appeal to a more sophisticated diner. Service on this particular evening was slow due to a large table in their "event" dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemStaycationfolksDined on 7/17/2013This restaurant was quite nice for a mid week evening out. Has a varied and unique but limited menu. Be sure to pre order the arancini because they ran out very early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much nicer than expected!RoseDined on 6/29/2013We are local & expected typical Lancaster food and ambiance and were pleasantly surprised by a quiet (once the bar cleared out) and candlelight type ambiance. We did ask the waiter if we could turn the TV off that was above our table, and he happily obliged. My husband, who is picky about his steak, said his filet was truly top-notch, and I learned they would make the spaghetti any way - I chose vegetarian and it was fine - a little dry sauce-wise and heavy on peppers, skimpy on broccoli, but the pasta itself cooked perfectly and a good meal. Any deficit was outweighed by the presentation of the pasta - wrapped up like a present with a bow!! The wedge salad was to die for - I have been craving it since. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Courteous service, nice atmosphere.GourmetSearcherDined on 5/26/2013Medium rare filet mignon cook to the right texture. Spaghetti with shrimp presented funny like gift wrapped on the plate but good taste. Even the restaurant is located within a AAA 4 diamond hotel, food price is affordable. Waiters are courteous and honest. I started with a dinner package that come with my hotel room reservation. They explained what we can order with the dinner package. At the end of the dinner, they told us our drink, food, tax and even gratuity had been paid with the dinner package. As I am living 6 hours away, I probably will make my best effort to return if I will travel around the area again, or recommend my friends to come here if they will travel to the surrounding area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined on a wednesday nightluckydowDined on 4/24/2013We dined on a wednesday night and conditions were quiet-perfect. Drinks and main course were fine. I ordered the salad which was a bigger bite than the main course and took away from the wonderful beef cheeks (in other words I was full). The only negative was slightly old (wilted) lettice and uneven seasoning of the salad. Overall a great and ubique place to dine-even somewhat romantic!Special Features:
- Our waiter Nick is one ofBostwicksDined on 4/20/2013Our waiter Nick is one of the reasons we will be back! He is a gem! Very attentive, sweet personality, knowledgeable and well-trained.Special Features:
- Nice informal option at aShopnalotVIPDined on 4/13/2013Nice informal option at a busy, banquet hotel. A great deal of attention is given to training the servers, who appear quite professional and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, my dinner arrived without consideration to my special request. The server quickly acted on the error and brought back the side which I had originally ordered. The server was attentive and overall, this was a good experience. My filet was cooked to perfection and the quality of the meat very good. I will return for a casual dinner in the future. While the menu appeared limited, it did provide very nice options for both light and full fare. I had a hard time choosing.