Osteria al Doge
142 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Osteria al Doge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteria-doge.com/
- Phone: 2129443643
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Lunch delivery service available
- Private Party Facilities: Private party facilities available
- Private Party Contact: Damien Peyre or Olivier Robert 2129443643
- Special Events: In order to arrive for your New Years reservation please include your email and or fax number to recieve your pass to access the restaurant.
A word from Osteria al Doge
Located in the heart of Times Square in the theatre district, Osteria al Doge has become renowned for offering authentic Venetian cuisine whether for a high power lunch, friendly get together or dinner before or after the theatre. Throughout the Years, Osteria al Doge has developed a glowing reputation for its use of only the best quality products & the freshest produce, not to mention its charming atmosphere. The balcony dinning area is perfect for private functions; flowers & colorful Italian ceramics all contribute to the compelling atmosphere of this wonderful room. Osteria al Doge promises much more than distinctive atmosphere and fabulous food: Count on our personal attention and overriding commitment to making your event a smashing success.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria al Doge reviews from OpenTable diners
286 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (106)fit for foodies (77)special occasion (72)great for lunch (51)good for groups (42)romantic (41)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (18)late-night find (15)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Careful what you order.MarvelousDined on 8/25/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. First time we had pasta and it was very good, perfect for pre theater since the restaurant is right in the theater district. However, this time I ordered a sauteed calamari dish and it came out totally dried out and some pieces were deep fried beyond recognition. The waiter was very accomodating and took the dish away without question. No manager ever came over and I just reordered a seafood boulibase that was just ok. my wife had a lemon chicken dish that she liked and looked very fresh and simply prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014It was very convenient to our theater and parking garage, but the food was fair at best and portions were small. I would not go back.
- Great spot for dinner before a playOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I were spending our 25th annivesary in NYC. Looking for a convienient spot for dinner before a Broadway play, and found Oseria al Doge. Great find. Convenient to Broadway. Spinach ravioli was trrrific as was the snapper dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- balcony dinnerSallyGirlDined on 8/23/2014Our party of 4 was seated upstairs in a corner. All of us were content with our meals and the staff was pleasant. It wasn't a "quiet" spot, but was not overwhelming. We will go back. if you are looking for very good Italian and a pretty room, yet not pretentious and over the top, this is worth considering!Special Features:
- TONYDined on 8/23/2014We've been there several times and have always been very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location for Theatre goersTonyDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant is in a great location and right next to the parking garage and easy walking distance to any theatre. Though not an extensive menu enough to choose. The wine list for an Italian restaurant is somewhat limited, I was specifically looking for a wine from Banfi since many other New York Restaurants carry it. Service was very good. My major issue was I made a reservation 3 weeks prior and was seated in the last table on the second floor in the corner , that was very disappointing, since there were many seats on the main floor open at the time we arrived 6PMSpecial Features:
- DogeDined on 8/21/2014Lovely, romantic restaurant. Atmosphere was great along with the food and staff. Bartender was very attentive and friendly. He made you feel very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We went here after our show, good meal, nice service, seats were good, overlooking the rest of the place. Acoustics need work! We were two feet away from each other and couldn't hear a thing, but other than that, a really nice place to eat!Special Features:
- MishyDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant's food was good. Being a vegetarian I struggled to find entrees that worked for my diet. Service was outstanding.
- Pre-Theatre MainstayEBLizVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've made "the Doge" as my friends and I call it my pre-theatre go-to for years and years. This time my fiance and I were hitting the 10pm performance of Hedwig, so while we were still going pre-theatre, our timin was a little different. We got stuck in crazy traffic getting in and "The Doge" was totally accommodating and so friendly. When we got there we let our waitress know that even though it wasn't the normal theatre rush hour we were still on the clock to make a show, and she was so goo about keeping the courses and drinks moving briskly along. As always we had a great meal with great service in one of the only actually legit and cute places in the theatre district and made it to our seats well before curtain. We'll be back next show!Special Features:
- Good Pre Theatre for groupsfoodDined on 8/16/2014Had Lunch/Brunch with 5 ladies before heading out to Broadway. The location is great. Service very attentive. Interesting enough menu that you could go with a more traditional breakfast entrée or pasta/pizza lunch entrée. The food was good but a little pricey. All in all a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- xyz123VIPDined on 8/14/2014went for pre-theater dinner. Good service, good food. pretty dependable.
- great pre-theatermecarpDined on 8/13/2014This is a great pre-theater restaurant. The staff is very good at ensuring you get out in time. One time we thought our show started at 8 pm but it started at 7pm. The staff served us a great meal and got us out on time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Great food. Great service. Always conciderate of our curtain time. A great place for dinner before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Located right in theatre district, this is a good local place to grab dinnerSpecial Features:
- mimiannemimianneDined on 8/12/2014A very good midtown pre-theatre spot. Service can vary somewhat but is, in general, attentive.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendmrbillDined on 8/10/2014Have been there several times and each time the service, food and ambience was just right. We always get the specials and are never disappointed. Very short walk near the Theatre district makes this our stop every time we go to see a show. Would recommend you give it a try.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindBarbieQDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time at Osteria al Doge. The food and the service were wonderful. It was a bit noisy, but it wasn't a deterrent. It proves others enjoy being there as well. I'll definitely come back and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbCla261Dined on 8/9/2014Never fails to please. Service was impeccable and entrees came out piping hot. This is what makes dining out a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will dine againDawnDined on 8/8/2014First time going to restaurant, I loved it. Made a reservation on line. I had a great table for my husband and I upstairs overlooking downstairs. The waiter was great. He even asked us if we were heading to a broadway show just to make sure we get out on time. The food was wonderful..no complaints...loved itSpecial Features:
- NeedsSomeWorkDisappointedDinerDined on 8/8/2014Overall the food was very good BUT I ordered the seafood risotto and the shell fish was cold. to me this means that the shellfish was cooked separately and added to the dish and then added the risotto. Very disappointing. However the pizza was excellent.Special Features:
- LOVED this restaurant!!!DisneyGirlVIPDined on 8/6/2014We gave this restaurant a try after reading that it was a "Celebrity Choice" restaurant in an old Playbill. Service was quick and efficient, but also friendly and very helpful. Excellent menu reminiscent of our visit to Venice!The Carpaccio al Tonno appetizer was perfect! Evening specials of fresh Gazpacho Soup and Cavatelli with Shrimp & Radicchio in a fresh chopped tomato sauce were outstanding! Our other entree selection - pork tenderloin - was equally enjoyable. The AMAZING Chocolate Mousse dessert resembled a cup of hot chocolate with a "cup" made of dark chocolate, filled with chocolate mousse, overflowing with freshly made whipped cream! A nice Venetian touch of home-made cookies - almond and meringue - completed an EXCELLENT meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SashaoneSashaoneDined on 8/6/2014Highly recommended but quite disappointing....We were there to celebrate my daughter's birthday and had to change tables twice.
- Fits in for pre-theater dinnerNancyDined on 8/5/2014We were here a few years ago. The service was even better this time. We were with teens and didn't order alcohol. We ordered grilled vegetables to nibble as an appetizer and they were nicely made and presented with a variety of interesting flavors including asparagus and fennel. The teenage girls couldn't finish their orders, there was plenty of food. The spinach and ricotta ravioli were made perfectly, with a little fresh basil on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice traditional Italian foodFLyingDutchmanDined on 8/3/2014Great food, good atmosphere and friendly service, for a reasonable price makes this one to go back to! Desserts are recommended!Special Features:
- fromVermontDined on 8/3/2014We attended the restaurant before the theater. The service was great, food delicious and reasonably priced. I was with two teenagers so opted for salads, pizza, and appetizers which was perfect! I know a lot of familes eat here before theater because it is family friendly, with the farm tables and lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location location locationHowardNYCVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great location for mediocre pre-theater dining. Overcooked salmon, undercooked (!) grilled vegetable plate. Grilled calamari plate was cooked well but small portion served with just a small salad. Pastas seemed fine but nothing special. Meh. Won't be back.
- ok for theatergolferDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant was very accomodating since we were late for our reservation and they had no problem seating us and serving us in time for dinner. The hanger steak was very good, tasty and served rare as ordered. The veal on the other hand was tough and seemed pounded to death.
- Great foodHungryBellyDined on 8/1/2014Food was great and service was quick. Right near theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodHungryAZDined on 8/1/2014We had a great meal before our play in NYC. The location is off Time Square but the restaurant is quiet and reminded us of Europe. We sat in the balcony which allowed us some privacy and a great view. The gnocchi was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!CalifFoodieDined on 7/29/2014I found this restaurant on OpenTable while waiting for Phantom of the Opera to begin as we were desperate for a nice location to eat after the show. I was able to make a reservation on short notice, and it was no problem that we were 15 minutes late. It's a short walk from the theater. We were delighted with the great food, service and ambiance. Our waiter was outstanding and made the night special for all of us, including 2 picky teenagers! I would definately recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Wine is rightsnob1VIPDined on 7/29/2014Dana Corwin names this as one her five local favorites for her staff and she is right! Pasta is always fresh and service is quite prompt - perfect for business lunch when you are short on timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Find in theatre DistrictCarloDined on 7/26/2014Made reservations for dinner before Saturday evening theater. Found this restaurant online and it had good reviews on the major review sites. We were seated immediately, the waiter was excellent (not once did he say "not a problem" - an expression that mystifies as I would never expect that asking someone to do his/her job was a problem) speaking audibly, clearly and directly and being attentive without being intrusive, the food was served in a reasonable time - not rushed or delayed and was plated and presented nicely. We were too full for dessert so we had it anyway and it was well worth the calories. We had wine by the glass and it was good. The check was reasonable considering quality and location. We would not hesitate to return.
- cbew4Dined on 7/26/2014The quality of the food was disappointing especially after reading so many good reviews. Tourist trap!
- Very rude manager!!5DollarsForMushroomsDined on 7/25/2014The food here is great but watch out for how they sting you if you try and deviate from their menu... $5.00 for a handful of mushrooms on a pizza!! The manager is spectacularly rude, so don't deal with him if you can. The rest of the staff are great, but their manager is depriving them of tips due to his attitude. Such a shame really, but probably explains why they're half empty most nights...
- NYCguyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent tuscan cuisine - a chance to get a away from the red sauce typical Italian food of Southern Italy.Special Features:
- Amazing servicePDRGDined on 7/24/2014Mike was our server and he took such care of us! I have always loved their food but this time we felt a little more special :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theater dining optionwewillllbebackVIPDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant is a great choice for pre-theatre dining. We were able to share an appetizer, and a salad, and each have an entree. It was plenty of food and all delicious and the service was also great. We could simply walk across the street to the theater and not miss the curtain.Special Features:
- Good ItalianJADACADined on 7/22/2014This is a great find. The restaurant has a very good menu and the service was great.Special Features:
- bd74Dined on 7/22/2014Not so noticeable from the outside but a clean, nice looking place with great Italian food, good service and a nice wine list. A little loud but charming!Special Features: