Osteria al Doge
142 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Osteria al Doge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteria-doge.com/
- Phone: 2129443643
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Lunch delivery service available
- Private Party Facilities: Private party facilities available
- Private Party Contact: Damien Peyre or Olivier Robert 2129443643
- Special Events: In order to arrive for your New Years reservation please include your email and or fax number to recieve your pass to access the restaurant.
A word from Osteria al Doge
Located in the heart of Times Square in the theatre district, Osteria al Doge has become renowned for offering authentic Venetian cuisine whether for a high power lunch, friendly get together or dinner before or after the theatre. Throughout the Years, Osteria al Doge has developed a glowing reputation for its use of only the best quality products & the freshest produce, not to mention its charming atmosphere. The balcony dinning area is perfect for private functions; flowers & colorful Italian ceramics all contribute to the compelling atmosphere of this wonderful room. Osteria al Doge promises much more than distinctive atmosphere and fabulous food: Count on our personal attention and overriding commitment to making your event a smashing success.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria al Doge reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (110)fit for foodies (73)special occasion (65)great for lunch (53)romantic (45)good for groups (43)notable wine list (21)late-night find (20)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- After theater gemNemosVIPDined on 9/13/2014We continue to return because it is a warm, intimate Italian gem in the Theater District with good food and service. We also like to sit at the bar & we always find friendly patrons and bartenders. And the BEST bread sticks in all NYC!!Special Features:
- Great pre theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The overall experience was nice. The food was very good and the restaurant staff and overall service is geared towards getting you in and out. If you want a relaxing non rushed dinner not the place. If your running late for a show and want a very good meal fast, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Homemade pasta melts in your mouth. Great spot for before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Theatre District Eaterynewjersey64Dined on 9/12/2014I have been dining here for 10 yrs+ and have not been disappointed. It has been a true-blue eatery for when seeing a show, shopping or simply enjoying a day in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the ratingsluvfoodDined on 9/12/2014Four of us went to dinner before a Broadway play on the recommendation of a relative. We were not anticipating the wonderful meal that we had. The Zagar scores that we checked prior to going really did no justice to this superb restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater district findPickyDinerDined on 9/11/2014Very pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. Comfortable (uncrowded) seating, reasonable pricing, excellent fresh pasta, great service, a nice little dessert treat at the end of the meal, and a thoughtful understanding of pre-theater timing. It's not easy finding all that anywhere, let alone the theater district. We will be back!Special Features:
- DisappointingSloanefamDined on 9/10/2014Four of us dined here because of it's proximity to Broadway theaters. We were terribly disappointed. 3 of the 4 entrees were delivered to the table cold. We sent one back & while it was re-made and served hot, the rest of us were done with our meals by the time it was served. Polenta in the shrimp entree was flavorless and very much like bland cream of wheat instead of being a thick and tasty dish. Desserts were "comped" to make up for the kitchen's mistakes, but we would have rather had hot entrees and a better tasting polenta. We won't be going back there.
- A most enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014My wife and I dined at Osteria al Doge before the theater. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent. Portion sizes were spot on and there are offerings that won't blow the caloric budget or your daily money allowance. There are also reasonable priced bottles of wine. We will return to Osteria al Doge during future visits to New York City.Special Features:
- My wish fulfilledBeverlyinDublinDined on 9/9/2014My previous experience with this lovely restaurant was as a pre-theatre diner, which left me wishing that I could return for a more leisurely meal. Well, now I've gotten my wish and it was everything I could have hoped for and more. The food, drink and service were all first rate, and I would like to make special mention of the fact that as the female host of my party, I was treated very respectfully and pleasantly by the staff, which unfortunately is not always the case. My guests also enjoyed themselves thoroughly, so the evening was a great success.Special Features:
- Great choice in theater districtOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I discovered Osteria al Doge quite a number of years ago when looking for somewhere to eat in the theater district. A number of months ago, I suggested it to some girlfriends when we had theater tickets, and they loved it, so when I suggested it again to the same group, they were happy. Again, we were not disappointed. Our table is always read, food is very good, and they make sure we are out in plenty of time for our show. They will definitely stay on our list of go to choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient pre theater locationSparkyDined on 9/9/2014One of a handful of respected restaurants in the theater district. Noise level is a bit loud downstairs, but upstairs is too dreary for me. Waiter was on the ball, helpful and charming. Food was fine....salmon a little dry but perfectly adequate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater perfectionCarolinafoodieDined on 9/6/2014Boyfriend and I were in town to see a broadway show. We wanted something nearby, but did not want to go to one of the many chain restaurants in Times Square. Osteria al Doge fit the bill perfectly. The food was wonderful, our server Isabella was great, and the prices were extremely reasonable. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in the theatre district!foodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant caught my eye as we walked to a close by theatre and just sort of called out to me. From the moment we walked in the door, I knew my intuition was right. From the imported Tuscan farm tables scattered amongst the white table-clothed bistro tables, all set with wine glasses twinkling from the candlelight to the care of pairing wine, to the amazing lemon tart we had for dessert, our experience was delightful and the food was all delectable. With so many good restaurants in NYC to chose from, this restaurant is one of my favorites worthy of a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful good and atmosphereMickeyDined on 9/4/2014We haven't been to Osteria al Doge for a number of years. Went to theatre after dinner. The food was superb, and we will return more often. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014We have dined here several times and are always happy with the food. Staff is friendly and courteous. Great spot to dine right before a Broadway play because they are efficient.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable.ScotsDined on 9/1/2014We enjoyed the good food, nice atmosphere and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningJG44Dined on 8/29/2014I was not impressed by the restaurant. I felt rushed by waiter despite the fact I got there extra early to avoid being late to the theater. Food was marginal and salty. Avoid if possible!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Love everything about this restaurant. Good prices, excellent food and service. Always a great pre theater meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geat DinnerLovesToDineDined on 8/27/2014Went there after seeing an afternoon Broadway show. Service was quick and friendly. Started with one of their pizzas which was delicious. Main course of pasta for my wife and veal for me was most enjoyable. Cocktails were excellent. Our second time there and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Careful what you order.MarvelousDined on 8/25/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. First time we had pasta and it was very good, perfect for pre theater since the restaurant is right in the theater district. However, this time I ordered a sauteed calamari dish and it came out totally dried out and some pieces were deep fried beyond recognition. The waiter was very accomodating and took the dish away without question. No manager ever came over and I just reordered a seafood boulibase that was just ok. my wife had a lemon chicken dish that she liked and looked very fresh and simply prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014It was very convenient to our theater and parking garage, but the food was fair at best and portions were small. I would not go back.
- Great spot for dinner before a playOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I were spending our 25th annivesary in NYC. Looking for a convienient spot for dinner before a Broadway play, and found Oseria al Doge. Great find. Convenient to Broadway. Spinach ravioli was trrrific as was the snapper dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- balcony dinnerSallyGirlDined on 8/23/2014Our party of 4 was seated upstairs in a corner. All of us were content with our meals and the staff was pleasant. It wasn't a "quiet" spot, but was not overwhelming. We will go back. if you are looking for very good Italian and a pretty room, yet not pretentious and over the top, this is worth considering!Special Features:
- TONYDined on 8/23/2014We've been there several times and have always been very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location for Theatre goersTonyDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant is in a great location and right next to the parking garage and easy walking distance to any theatre. Though not an extensive menu enough to choose. The wine list for an Italian restaurant is somewhat limited, I was specifically looking for a wine from Banfi since many other New York Restaurants carry it. Service was very good. My major issue was I made a reservation 3 weeks prior and was seated in the last table on the second floor in the corner , that was very disappointing, since there were many seats on the main floor open at the time we arrived 6PMSpecial Features:
- DogeDined on 8/21/2014Lovely, romantic restaurant. Atmosphere was great along with the food and staff. Bartender was very attentive and friendly. He made you feel very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We went here after our show, good meal, nice service, seats were good, overlooking the rest of the place. Acoustics need work! We were two feet away from each other and couldn't hear a thing, but other than that, a really nice place to eat!Special Features:
- MishyDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant's food was good. Being a vegetarian I struggled to find entrees that worked for my diet. Service was outstanding.
- Pre-Theatre MainstayEBLizVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've made "the Doge" as my friends and I call it my pre-theatre go-to for years and years. This time my fiance and I were hitting the 10pm performance of Hedwig, so while we were still going pre-theatre, our timin was a little different. We got stuck in crazy traffic getting in and "The Doge" was totally accommodating and so friendly. When we got there we let our waitress know that even though it wasn't the normal theatre rush hour we were still on the clock to make a show, and she was so goo about keeping the courses and drinks moving briskly along. As always we had a great meal with great service in one of the only actually legit and cute places in the theatre district and made it to our seats well before curtain. We'll be back next show!Special Features:
- Good Pre Theatre for groupsfoodDined on 8/16/2014Had Lunch/Brunch with 5 ladies before heading out to Broadway. The location is great. Service very attentive. Interesting enough menu that you could go with a more traditional breakfast entrée or pasta/pizza lunch entrée. The food was good but a little pricey. All in all a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- xyz123VIPDined on 8/14/2014went for pre-theater dinner. Good service, good food. pretty dependable.
- great pre-theatermecarpDined on 8/13/2014This is a great pre-theater restaurant. The staff is very good at ensuring you get out in time. One time we thought our show started at 8 pm but it started at 7pm. The staff served us a great meal and got us out on time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Great food. Great service. Always conciderate of our curtain time. A great place for dinner before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Located right in theatre district, this is a good local place to grab dinnerSpecial Features:
- mimiannemimianneDined on 8/12/2014A very good midtown pre-theatre spot. Service can vary somewhat but is, in general, attentive.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendmrbillDined on 8/10/2014Have been there several times and each time the service, food and ambience was just right. We always get the specials and are never disappointed. Very short walk near the Theatre district makes this our stop every time we go to see a show. Would recommend you give it a try.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindBarbieQDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time at Osteria al Doge. The food and the service were wonderful. It was a bit noisy, but it wasn't a deterrent. It proves others enjoy being there as well. I'll definitely come back and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbCla261Dined on 8/9/2014Never fails to please. Service was impeccable and entrees came out piping hot. This is what makes dining out a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will dine againDawnDined on 8/8/2014First time going to restaurant, I loved it. Made a reservation on line. I had a great table for my husband and I upstairs overlooking downstairs. The waiter was great. He even asked us if we were heading to a broadway show just to make sure we get out on time. The food was wonderful..no complaints...loved itSpecial Features:
- NeedsSomeWorkDisappointedDinerDined on 8/8/2014Overall the food was very good BUT I ordered the seafood risotto and the shell fish was cold. to me this means that the shellfish was cooked separately and added to the dish and then added the risotto. Very disappointing. However the pizza was excellent.Special Features: