Osteria al Doge
142 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Osteria al Doge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteria-doge.com/
- Phone: 2129443643
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Lunch delivery service available
- Private Party Facilities: Private party facilities available
- Private Party Contact: Damien Peyre or Olivier Robert 2129443643
- Special Events: In order to arrive for your New Years reservation please include your email and or fax number to recieve your pass to access the restaurant.
A word from Osteria al Doge
Located in the heart of Times Square in the theatre district, Osteria al Doge has become renowned for offering authentic Venetian cuisine whether for a high power lunch, friendly get together or dinner before or after the theatre. Throughout the Years, Osteria al Doge has developed a glowing reputation for its use of only the best quality products & the freshest produce, not to mention its charming atmosphere. The balcony dinning area is perfect for private functions; flowers & colorful Italian ceramics all contribute to the compelling atmosphere of this wonderful room. Osteria al Doge promises much more than distinctive atmosphere and fabulous food: Count on our personal attention and overriding commitment to making your event a smashing success.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria al Doge reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (117)fit for foodies (87)good for groups (49)great for lunch (47)special occasion (46)romantic (35)late-night find (25)hot spot (23)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- broadwayjcl124VIPDined on 10/22/2014Did a great job ensuring we had time to get to our play without sacrificing food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonjjVIPDined on 10/19/2014We enjoyed our Sunday brunch in this conveniently located restaurant. The service was friendly and efficient. The brunch offerings were excellent and well presented. From the time we were greeted at the door to the time we left, everything went smoothly and my wife and I enjoyed our dining experience. We would like to try this restaurant for dinner the next time we are in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mjf5959Dined on 10/18/2014Always a good meal here...pre or post theater. Service generally very good and attentive.Special Features:
- SafetyDougDined on 10/18/2014As always we had a great time and meal at the Osteria al Doge. The food was remarkable and our waiter Flavio and his associate (I did not get her name) were a pleasure. They always have some great specials but the one dish that i cannot seem to get away from is the Bronzino. It is by far the best dish we have ever had. Even though there are many choices to dine in NYC this is a plaace that we will always go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect place for theatre comboHappyDined on 10/18/2014Food is always reliable, fresh and varied. Wonderful Italian dishes with great specials. Homemade pasta!Special Features:
- Dinner 10/17/2014PasexpDined on 10/17/2014Chose the restaurant for its proximity to our hotel. Very disappointed with the food which came to the table lukewarm. Our reservations were at 10:30pm and felt when we arrived that we were being rushed. There is nothing Italian about the food here. Would not recommend to friends.Special Features:
- great theater district findBigdaddyDined on 10/16/2014Nice ambiance-old fashioned look with rustic tables-not crowded. Very tasty pastas and salads. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceIlovenyDined on 10/16/2014One of our favorite restaurants in the theater district. Excellent food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must for Pre-Show DinnernpdinerDined on 10/15/2014Very lively, great food. Service was fast and efficient even though restaurant was full. Great place to go for a pre-show dinner. My meal took extra time to prepare and our waiter asked when our show started and let us know we had plenty of time. Despite the full restaurant we were not hurried. A very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two out of three.IdahoTimberDined on 10/15/2014Al Doge excelled at quick service with a lovely environment pre-show at crazy Times Square. The food was acceptable but only memorable for it's mediocrity. Still a good choice for what you need pre-show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater district gemMimiDined on 10/14/2014Perfect for before theater dining. Good food, fast serviceSpecial Features:
- excellent Italian foodcarnieDined on 10/12/2014Really enjoyed our meal. Little pricy but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentBethDined on 10/12/2014the food and service at this restaurant is consistently superior. Coupled with an an attractive ambiance, it's a wonderful place to eat.Special Features:
- Great brinchGg56Dined on 10/12/2014Very good menu. Adults and children were comfortable and enjoyed their meals. Good location for theatre district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great food!WNECgirl85Dined on 10/11/2014I organized a college girls reunion weekend in NYC - I had eaten at Osteria al Doge a year ago and thought it was fabulous! Well, our experience was outstanding - Flavio, out waiter and the rest of the staff was super attentive, there was a reasonable wine list and every dish was delicious! The desserts were outrageous! It was a memorable evening and the girls couldn't say enough good things about the restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful place!DesignChickDined on 10/11/2014I've been going to Osteria al Doge for over 20 years and every time I go it's another outstanding meal. This time was no exception. Thanks so much for a wonderful meal and a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Brunch and BeyondCla261VIPDined on 10/11/2014I've been here many times and love the food, was surprised when we were given a brunch menu but as usual, the food was top notch. The only comment would be that the waitress seemed very rushed and made us feel funny to ask for anything. Perhaps it was because she was the only server. Just add one more person during brunch and all will be fine.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014We were a group of 5 and all enjoyed pasta/seafood meals. The desserts were underwhelming, but service was great and it is in a nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Food was delicious, service was excellent. GREAT find in the theatre district!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerbDined on 10/8/2014Great after theatre pasta. Convenient location. Terrific bread sticks!Special Features:
- 5 friends for theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014Server was solicitous and smiling. All five of us loved our dinner. Timing was perfect. We arrived late but made our curtain without feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kumquatDined on 10/8/2014Right in the theatre district, and a great place before a matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner78Dined on 10/7/2014The service was uneven. I had to wait half an hour after ordering for my ravioli to be served. The kitchen seemed to be overwhelmed by orders for pre-theater diners. Our waiter made excuses but was not really apologetic. Olive oil was poured on our bread plates, but we were never given bread.
- christianVIPDined on 10/6/2014Consistent very good choice in the Times Square area if your looking for a bite to eat. Have never had a bad meal there and the service is always friendly and very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back the lobster raviolierikDined on 10/6/2014My coworkers and I love coming here for lunch. The only request I can make is that they bring back the Lobster Ravioli. It's amazing but rarely on the specials menu.Special Features:
- good place for lunchPDRGDined on 10/6/2014Quick and good service, great food, perfect for work lunch.Special Features:
- Always a treat !Buzzy1Dined on 10/4/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for years and have always enjoyed the food. It is one of the best places to eat in the theater district. The restaurant is attractive and the staff is very attentive. They make sure that you are served in a timely fashion so that you enjoy your dinner without worrying about rushing to your play. By the way, it is a restaurant that we go to when we want a good Italian meal and are not going to a play. The risotto with saffron and sausage was divine. A side of asparagus was a perfect addition to the meal. Their lemon tart is one of the best I have ever eaten. A delicious meal in an attractive setting. There is a reason that this place has been around for quite awhile.Special Features:
- Broadway newbieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Picked this restaurant randomly because we needed a 5:30 seating on a Saturday night. We were very lucky with our selection! Great service, tasty food and a very nice ambiance! Would definitely go back again!
- A pleasant surprise On a rainy day.NewHopeDinerDined on 10/4/2014We go to New York at least once a month and try to find new restaurants for lunch before shopping, and then dinner for pre-theater. We were please with the great atmosphere, truly a New York city kind of place. Food was great. My niece was thrilled with her waffle with the amazing marscapone topping, linguini was authentic! Our only complaint was The chef left out the ham and one of the omelettes – – – but the omelette was so good, we could not complain. Absolutely recommend for lunch, and the next time we go up we probably will have dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laura8VIPDined on 10/2/2014It's changed--menu, wine list,etc. but still a good place to eat,especially with theater in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District Gem in my opiniontthomp2Dined on 10/2/2014I went in with minimal expectations as everyone says avoid dining in Theater District. This place was fantastic? Was best meal we had in our four days in city, and we also dined at two restaurants that have Michelin rating. Forgot what they called it but my dish was like a Boulabaise, wife had lobster stuffed pasta. Would go back in a second and would look for this place next time in city.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/1/2014Very average. Go here because it is convenient for theater and is better than a lot of restaurants in the area.
- Enjoyed Our Evening.NCTreasureDined on 9/30/2014The food was outstanding and the service was above par!! We had a wonderful waiter. The arugula salad was a huge hit at our table and I loved the Pollo Limone!! I do have to say that the noise level is very high .....we were at a table in the middle of the restaurant and it was difficult to hear conversation at our table. Only other problem is the way the menus are printed. The type is very light and the color of the type is in tune with the color of the paper. With the low, ambient lighting in the restaurant, we few of us had trouble reading our menus. This would not keep us from returning. We've been to this restaurant many times and we keep going back. It's a really great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Pre Theater DinnerFranPDined on 9/30/2014Food was very good and service was efficient and attentive. Server was sensitive to our schedule for making theater. Pasta dishes were excellent. Have eTen here several times before. Good and service remain consistently good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Italian!RadiojoanDined on 9/28/2014Molte Bene! This restaurant has been a favorite for years...and it still ranks right up there at the top of my NYV Italian restaurants. A bit noisy when it's crowded, but I kind of like the hustle and bustle. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- Not as good as the first time...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014We ate here Friday evening and were seated upstairs -- big mistake! The action is on the lower level and upstairs is culinary Siberia. Our first time here was lovely and we had a fine dinner; this visit was much less satisfying. We may/may not give this another chance on our next trip. With so many outstanding Italian restaurants in the city, one slip-up isn't fatal, but does leave one wondering if a better meal and better service are just around the corner.Special Features:
- BernBernVIPDined on 9/24/2014Pretty restaurant in convenient area near theater. Food was delicious with friendly and good service.Special Features:
- Gets Better Every TimeRedhandDined on 9/20/2014Without a doubt this is our go to restaurant when visiting the City from No. Jersey. We are never disappointed with the food, ambiance and the complete professionalism of the entire staff. Fabio was our server on this visit and was terrific!Special Features:
- FaithVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our family's favorite pre-theatre restaurant. Food choices for everyone from young to old, and fair prices, with a solid wine list and delicious desserts. Perfect!Special Features:
- Great Theatre District RestaurantCheryldineDined on 9/20/2014Excellent choice for before or after theatre. Food, atmosphere and service all excellent. I have been here twice and will definitely return.Special Features: