Osteria al Doge
142 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Osteria al Doge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteria-doge.com/
- Phone: (212) 944-3643
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Lunch delivery service available
- Private Party Facilities: Private party facilities available
- Private Party Contact: Damien Peyre or Olivier Robert 2129443643
- Special Events: In order to arrive for your New Years reservation please include your email and or fax number to recieve your pass to access the restaurant.
A word from Osteria al Doge
Located in the heart of Times Square in the theatre district, Osteria al Doge has become renowned for offering authentic Venetian cuisine whether for a high power lunch, friendly get together or dinner before or after the theatre. Throughout the Years, Osteria al Doge has developed a glowing reputation for its use of only the best quality products & the freshest produce, not to mention its charming atmosphere. The balcony dinning area is perfect for private functions; flowers & colorful Italian ceramics all contribute to the compelling atmosphere of this wonderful room. Osteria al Doge promises much more than distinctive atmosphere and fabulous food: Count on our personal attention and overriding commitment to making your event a smashing success.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria al Doge reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (143)fit for foodies (98)good for groups (60)great for lunch (55)romantic (49)special occasion (47)late-night find (34)notable wine list (25)hot spot (24)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great pre-theater restaurantBfoodieDined on 11/25/2014Good food and drinks coupled with the attentive service required for a pre-theater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Pre-Theatre Dining ExperienceGolfpatDined on 11/25/2014Osteria Al Doge is a beautiful theatre district restaurant with excellent food and attentive service. My dietary needs were accommodated by a wonderful server. Our upstairs table overlooked the well-decorated lower level of the restaurant. We loved the complimentary mini biscotti, meringues, and almond cookies at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Osteria al DogeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014We've been many times to Osteria al Doge and only wish they were open longer in the evening. The first time we went was just after a trip to Venice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria al Doge is a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2014My granddaughter (age 7)) and I went to Osteria al Doge after a matinee performance of Matilda. We were celebrating our shared birthday (Nov. 24). This place is beautiful, and better, the host and wait staff were wonderful. My granddaughter had a tomato/cheese/basil pizza and I had the Risotto Milanese. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. Our waiter could not have been nicer. He sang Happy Birthday to us as he brought our desserts, complete with candles. Osteria was decorated magnificently for Christmas. It is a must for a special occasion or just dinner with a special person (like I did).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Pre-theater dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Fast service, attentive to having you be on time for the theater. Overall good dining experience. Good value. Food was flavorful and convenient location to theater. Would recommend for a pre or after show meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laura8VIPDined on 11/20/2014We were late and rushed, and the staff was particularly accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Spot in the Heart of Times SquareHexsignVIPDined on 11/20/2014Everyone who works at Osteria al Doge is very gracious and professional. My dining companion was late and the staff took good care of me while I waited. This is a real restaurant with an extremely warm personality. The food is consistently delicious; I've eaten here many times pre-theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcasaleDined on 11/20/2014The food, service and ambiance was fantastic! This was our first time at Osteria al Doge and very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Reason to ReturnAirstreamersOnTheMoveDined on 11/19/2014Quick in/out to accommodate the theater crowd. I understood that when I booked. This is a nicely located restaurant and we were seated promptly at our arranged time through Open Table. Service was quick and friendly. Food was fair to good. My pasta shrimp dish lacked deep flavor and my husband's spinach and beet salad was tasteless. The restaurant was packed with people so noise level was "up there" although tolerable. Unfortunately, I would see no reason to return to this restaurant given all the choices in NYC.Special Features:
- Good - Not GreatShortGirlDined on 11/19/2014Dinner after a matinee. A very convenient location. The food was good, but not outstanding. My pasta dish was lukewarm when served. The risotto a tiny bit gluey. But the ravioli of the day had a thumbs up. Excellent service and a very attentive waiter. Nice ambience. I would give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, as alwaysChrisDined on 11/19/2014al Doge never fails to deliver. Ordinarily enjoy dinner at the bar when in NYC on business with no formal plans, but enjoyed a business lunch there this week with equally satisfying results. The wait staff is attentive, the food is fresh and very good. Though I missed Marie behind the bar on this trip, it was otherwise another excellent trip to Osteria al Doge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Pre-theater OptionJh23Dined on 11/19/2014The menu was varied and all dishes in our party of 5 were very fresh and nicely prepared. Service was a little spotty but they got us out efficiently to make our play in plenty of time. 1 Person Rest Rooms need improvement to handle the number of customers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatsout2ofteneatsout2oftenVIPDined on 11/18/2014Have dined here many times. It is a very good choice for pre-theater, consistent food and service. The wait staff gets you out in tme for the theater without making you feel that you are being rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK place for a business lunch1cwbusinessDined on 11/18/2014Last few times I was here, it was much better. I ordered the salmon and it was only meh.....must have been an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful surprisefoodieDined on 11/16/2014went to Osteria al Doge for a pre theater dinner. Got there early so it was pretty empty but filled up quickly after 5. Had the calamari and shrimp appetizer for starters, very good, not greasy or chewy, crispy and fresh, good sauce. I had the ravioli with with roasted eggplant and goat cheese filling, which was very good. My husband had the wild mushroom pizza which was also very good. I felt the prices were more than acceptable for NYC. The atmosphere was warm and homey, would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria al Doge, New YorkjkennethmcdonaldDined on 11/15/2014We visit New York every November and have had an excellent dinner at Osteria al Doge the past three years or so.The food and service are admirable and the ambiance hospitable. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Food , décor, ambiance were excellent. The two types of ravioli and lamp chops were wonderful. Waiter was attentive and very pleasant, Food was not rushed giving us enough time to relax and enjoy our drinks and dinner and still make it to the theater on time. Entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this great Little Gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Theater DinnerJosephDined on 11/15/2014A friend and I had dinner at this restaurant after a Saturday afternoon Broadway Show. The restaurant itself is very warm and cozy. The staff provide excellent service without being intrusive and fully answer any questions we had about the menu. The food was good but not outstanding. The cost was reasonable especially for the theater district in New York. I would recommend this restaurant to friends who are looking for good food not great food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater gemSandyWDined on 11/14/2014One of the best restaurants in the theater district.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place to dine before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/14/2014Great service, clearly geared for the pre-theater crowd. Pasta dishes were home made and deliciousI would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went back!BiancaDined on 11/13/2014We had not been to Osteria in several years but remembered how we always liked eating there. We brought friends with us this time and were not disappointed. It was as good as we remembered it and better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be betterFresserVIPDined on 11/12/2014Location for pre-theater is excellent. Staff is very nice. The food could be better --- mostly bland. Cod special --flavorless; risotto dish-- a lot of bland rice and skimpy ragu; liver good but polenta with it had no taste; salmon ravioli was bland; lamb shank was huge and pretty good. Even the bread basket wasn't worth eating -- stale and dry. Overall --- used to be better.
- Theatre dependableSarabVIPDined on 11/12/2014Tasty starters before theatre. Service gets it done although bar was super slow making our drinks. Great location for showsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeMsNYCDined on 11/12/2014Had a pleasant meal --good for pre-theater---everything was fine. Would I make a point to go back there...no. But was a good experience.Special Features:
- Great place for theater districtSVMGDined on 11/11/2014i have been this restaurant several times for work lunches as well as private evenings. The food is dependably good and the service is always delightful. Thank you for a bright spot in the theater district.Special Features:
- Great Location pre or post-Broadway ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My daughter and I had dinner here prior to seeing a 7pm performance of The Book of Mormon. Aware of our evening's plans, our server was prompt and efficient without making us feel rushed. Our meals were delicious, served hot and perfectly spiced. The ambiance was relaxed yet energetic, with the theatre vibe alive and present in the packed restaurant. We were within walking distance to our theatre, where we arrived, on time and pleasantly full , to enjoy the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMikeMDined on 11/8/2014Very nice experience. Great atmosphere, excellent service, above average food. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Convienience pre theaterMikeyMikeDined on 11/8/2014Wife and I enjoyed a good meal before the show. The waiter was excellent and the overall service was smooth. We enjoyed our appetizers very much. I had grilled octopus and wife had the smoked eggplant which was very tasty. Entrees were ok. Pasta was good but not impressed with their little meatballs. Other than that it was a solid choice and enabled us to relax and walk right into the show with no need for a taxi.I would recommend this to a friend.
- too crowded and noisySande1Dined on 11/8/2014Food is delicious. Noise level and crowded tables ruin conversation and ambiance
- a moderate price, a great dinnermadaboutfoodDined on 11/8/2014We booked ahead and got a back corner table - which was perfect. You can enjoy the buzz without feeling jostled. The pasta is excellent, the service is friendly, and the prices were moderate for midtown dining. I have been to the restaurant multiple times and have recommended it to others. Never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!GourmandsDined on 11/7/2014This is our 2nd visit...we dined before a Broadway show: convenient location, great ambience, excellent food & wine. What is not to like!! We recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Awesome location. Very good food. Service a little lacking, but not bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration at 2PMMarlenedcVIPDined on 11/6/2014The crowds left by the time we dined for a friend's birthday. The food as always is perfection. Gamberi salad and ravioli, couldn't beat it, the plates were clean by the end of our meal.Special Features:
- Pre-theater GemChestnutDined on 11/5/2014Great pre-theater spot. Food, location and service all perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good and great portionsAdultsonly6tDined on 11/5/2014Salads were delicious, food very fresh , waiter friendly and helpful despite busy timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot in theater districtkatiejDined on 11/4/2014This was delicious! I've actually been here several of times, as I stay in mid-town for work quite often. The food is always great and the service as well. Amazing pasta dishes and the carpaccio and grilled octopus appetizers are delightful! Will be back again!
- A Good Restaurant near the TheatersAngusDined on 11/4/2014If you are looking for an affordable restaurant that serves good food then you will enjoy this place. The menu has something for everyone. There were four of us. Two of us split a Caesar's Salad which was fresh but the dressing was too mild. A Scaloppine Vitello, two Salmon Griglia, and Pollock the fish of the day were ordered and everyone enjoyed their food. I think it was close to what I call "home cooking." We had a spacious table in a quiet corner and the service was very good!Special Features:
- All around greattksmitty11Dined on 11/1/2014I always go to this restaurant when in NYC. I've gone with just 2 of us and I've gone with 7 of us and either way has been fantastic. The food never disappoints. You'd think for a Times Square restaurant it would be sub-par/touristy, but nothing is further from the truth. The food is always spectactular. I've had risotto and I've had pasta and I've had the meats, all very good. I made a reservation for the wrong weekend and had called ahead and they let me know my reservation was actually a week away, and that they were fully booked that evening, but they were still able to fit in my group of 7 people. Simply amazing, friendly, reasonably priced (for NYC), and delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Super Service - Great FoodNuts4NYCDined on 11/1/2014We had a great meal and dining experience before heading to a show. Our server was outstanding. She was very thoughtful and attentive and made our entire experience better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable theatre diningLordAshDined on 10/31/2014well situated for a reliable pre-theatre meal at a moderate price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.