177 Main Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteria177.com/
- Phone: 4102677700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am-2:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Osteria 177 offers various options to accommodate your private dining needs. Filled with modern amenities with an old world feel, let us make your occasion a memorable one. In addition to our main dining area, we have a newly built space for hosting smaller, more intimate events. Please call for further information.
- Special Events: For Mothers Day 2013, Osteria 177 will be serving Dinner all day from 12 until 9. We will offer additional delicious specials. Don't forget free dessert for moms!
A word from Osteria 177
Osteria 177 is the ultimate expression of an Italian tavern where the main attraction is imported delicacies of one-of-a-kind food and wine. Adorned by barreled wine, an Osteria would never lack the sought out local specialties, spices, cheeses, fish or meats. It was here that many people tried to alleviate life's stresses by numbering themselves with good food, good wince, and good company. The owner/chef of the Osteria would take the utmost pride in stocking these praised elements as the basis for mouthwatering meals, a delicious dance-for-all of the five senses. This is the basis for Osteria 177.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Osteria 177 - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Osteria 177 reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)fit for foodies (99)romantic (74)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (55)great for lunch (23)good for groups (20)hot spot (18)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/26/2014We went with friends, all of us had eaten at Osteria 177 before, but this time we got the best server, Dimitri, who not only helped with dinner suggestions but also made fabulous wine recommendations! The food was very good, excellently prepared and presented. The only disappointment was that the chicken portion of my wife's entree was extremely small - we don't like big portions but this was at the other extreme, maybe 4 ounces. In spite of that, we highly recommend Osteria 177 and will continue to be frequent patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014second time at Osteria. food was decent but not great this time. dont mind paying premium prices for really good food but this time I felt like we over paid. Wait staff was friendly but mia for second half of the meal. Overall, we felt like the B team was in the kitchen and the staff was short handed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDianeDined on 10/24/2014Absolutely delicious and lovely dining experience. We love good food and would highly recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014It was a special occasion and we left wondering why we hadn't visited this restaurant before, as we live nearby. CAESAR salad and both of our entrees were top notch, and the wine recommendation was spot on. Would recommend to others and definitely return ourselves.Special Features:
- Always greatMalLardoDined on 10/18/2014This place is the best. We keep coming back for more. Authentic, amazing Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Meal...ChrisbobDined on 10/17/2014The food is fantastic, fresh ingredients prepared in the best Italian style. The atmosphere is modern yet understated. It doesn't shout to get your attention although it holds your eye when you look around. One the evening we visited, the server was quite personable but seemed to be having some serious problems. Maybe he was taking care of too many tables, maybe he had no runner or bus boy, I'm not quite sure. But he deserted us once right after we sat down (but before we even ordered drinks) and again during the meal service. We were happy with the meal, but concerned about the service.Special Features:
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Best Italian in Annapolis. Crafted an entree for my wife, who has a dairy intolerance. All dishes excellent, kid friendly as well. Great cocktails and wine as well. Only italian in Annapolis that can match best in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in annapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/16/2014Excellent as always. Fantastic service. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerSusanDined on 10/14/2014I would visit Osteria 177 again. The food was delicious and the service good. The atmosphere is elegant without being too formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really EnjoyedLive2EatDined on 10/13/2014We were celebrating our anniversary- we also hadn't been on a date since Valentines Day (we have a one year old). I noted in the Open Table comments that it was our anniversary and that we'd love a good table. Sure enough, the hostess made sure we had a table upfront looking out onto Main Street. Our waiter Demetri was great- very personable and informative. They were out of the dish I had intended to order, but I suppose that is bound to happen sometimes. Otherwise, my meal was delicious. Started with the grilled octopus. Next, pasta with seafood and white wine sauce. Finished with the profiteroles. My husband had the snails- which I think he thought were just okay- the veal parma and the salted caramel gelato. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great food, unprofessional waiterKennonBDined on 10/12/2014We entered the restaurant with a waiter, "Chris", sternly saying "Hey!!...(glaring eyes towards hostess) She politely turned towards my wife and I and handled us in seating and introductions. Our waiter is the same one involved in the flare-up up front. Really, I wouldn't be mentioning this except...As this waiter is standing off to the side near the bar we hear him and another employee carry on about this hostess. We got very tired of the murmuring and bickering attitude and almost asked to move. I had to ask the waiter what his name was towards the end of the meal. The food and the OTHER expediting wait-staff were excellent and saved the evening for us. "Chris" needs an attitude adjustment.Special Features:
- We enjoyedsailorDined on 10/12/2014We really enjoyed having lunch there. Good Italian cuisine, great service. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Evening out while at the boat showdjo673Dined on 10/11/2014My 2nd time there, everything was Great, service was very attentive, but not hovering. Food was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Quite possibly the best sea bass entree I've ever had. I will definitely return to explore the rest of the menu. This is a great date night spot.Special Features:
- Good foodLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great food at this location, nice ambience and low noise level for conversing. Had a unnecessary level of confusion about the pricing on the wine list, but otherwise very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- FantasticMikeDined on 10/5/2014Food was outstanding, service was great and ambiance was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little brightKentIsland08Dined on 10/4/2014I feel the lights were two bright and the music two low. I know this is picky but if its the only negtive thing I could complain about that shows you how good the food and service was. Food was served piping hot as it should and was great. I left most of our ordering decisions up to the house (including wine) and was not up sold. Good experince.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better and better every time..MDFoodiesVIPDined on 10/3/2014I don't know what they are doing, but they have upped their game! We enjoyed dinner with out of town guests only two weeks ago and the meal and service were outstanding. On Saturday night, we were there again for a friend's birthday dinner and it was over the top. Great tender grilled calamari, delicate carpaccio, gorgeous Chilean sea bass, a perfect branzino, and a veal chop that was out of this world. Wonderful cocktails and wine. Exceptional service from Dimitri. Just when we think it can't get better, it does!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local gemCHFanDined on 10/1/2014Osteria 177 remains our favorite Annapolis restaurant and our "go to" place for family celebrations: birthdays, anniversaries, promotions and farewell dinners. Service is always impeccable and the chef is outstanding: food is delicious, meats prepared to the right temperature, and beautifully plated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodVickiBVIPDined on 9/30/2014We were consistently told by locals that this is the best restaurant in Annapolis, and they were right. It was so good that we ate there the only two nights we were in town. The Sicilian style salmon made salmon a totally new and delicious dish. The seabass was as good as a local told us. My sister liked her pasta dish so much she ate it two nights in a row. In addition, the staff is friendly but professional. Wish I lived there to eat at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in AnnapolisVickiBVIPDined on 9/29/2014Loved this restaurant so much that when we were traveling through Annapolis we went two nights in a row. Delicious seafood & pasta. The staff is very professional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Very good food. Excellent seafood. Good service Unobtrusive. Even allowed us to share a cocktail.Special Features:
- bsandDined on 9/24/2014delicious food--great wait staff very accomadating restaurant!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!Boz49Dined on 9/19/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Demitri was a fantastic server. What more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, tonight outstanding!MDFoodiesVIPDined on 9/18/2014We enjoy Osteria fairly regularly, but tonight was really outstanding. My parents were visiting from out of town & we were celebrating a few birthdays, so a special dinner was in order. Osteria delivered. Grilled calamari were tender & delicious, just the right amount of dressing, & beef carpaccio was beautiful. We requested penne with simple marianara sauce; it was lovely with tiny, grape tomatoes. Grilled veal chops were huge & perfectly prepared. A Barolo went perfectly. Salted caramel ice cream & tiramisu topped it off. Service from John was top notch. A classical guitarist playing in the background. All made for a great evening!Special Features:
- DeliciousDined on 9/14/2014We love the restaurant and everything about it. Our last visit was for our 50th wedding anniversary and we had a great evening. Look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food -Bad lightingMichaccinoDined on 9/12/2014The food is truly fabulous. The ambience is ruined by LED lighting. It gives a cold greenish hue that makes the room look dreary and adds 10 years to everyone's face. Our waiter spoke in the first person possessive "MY specials tonight are ..." instead of "the chefs specials are" -most annoying. He was attentive, but too much so. It should have been obvious that we were having a romantic dinner and the constant inquiring of "is everything to your liking" was intrusive. A good restaurant need not ask that. It is understood. It's probably not his fault, because he was likely following managements' instructions as all the spiel sounded totally scripted. And yes, I do know what Farro is ! Still the food definitely makes Osteria worth a visit.Special Features:
- Delicious!Fiamma11Dined on 9/12/2014My family of three had dinner at Osteria 177 on a Friday night. The room is very nice, the service was top-notch and the food was astounding!! Outstanding restaurant. We will return.Special Features:
- Great, but not as great as usualbuckoannapolisDined on 9/12/2014We started with the mussel/clam appetizer and had about 4-5 mussel's that were bad. We also ordered the caprese salad and the mozzarella seemed a little old and dried out and the tomatoes were white and flavorless. We each ordered a Caesar salad before our entrees and the waiter forgot to enter the salads. We let him know when our entrees arrived and he acted like he did us a favor by not entering them and suggested we would be way too full if we had eaten them. When he brought the check he didn't take anything off of it, so I said that we weren't happy and expected more when we are paying $200 for a meal. He went to his manager and removed the app's. I feel like he was new and didn't want to admit a mistake to management.Special Features:
- Too expensive for poor serviceUncleDonDined on 9/11/2014Our waiter was obviously new and should never have been left alone. Our drink order was wrong - example, a "rum and coke" came out as rum on the rocks. It was corrected with a bottle of coke but there wasn't space in the glass to add the coke. It was corrected with a second on-the-rocks glass. We gave up. The salads came with the entrees instead of ahead of time. Because the dishes were large, the table was cramped. Dessert arrived without the coffee we ordered. We didn't want to start without our coffee. When the ice cream was fully melted, we inquired and were told to be patient for a fresh pot. We ordered regular - received decaf. Oops! The prices are way too expensive for inept service. I won't be back.
- Wonderful experienceJB27Dined on 9/9/2014Our server was outstanding! He knew the dishes, freely offered advice when asked, and was extremely personable. The food was just as fabulous. I was hosting four business associates, and all of them raved about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDLBondDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I ate at Osteria 177 for the first time during an overnight stay in Annapolis. We have eaten in excellent Italian restaurants in Italy and New York. The food at Osteria 177 was as good as the best. The service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect Service, Wonderful FoodRedjonesVIPDined on 9/7/2014We have eaten at Osteria 177 twice. The service is perfect -- attentive but not too much, a dash of humor and helpfulness included. We had a different waiter each time but they were each true professionals. We've ordered a variety of dishes - pasta, seafood, desserts, appetizers and everything has been superb. We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and wine.sharonDined on 9/7/2014This was our first time at Osteria 177 and the food and wine were outstanding. We both had the Halibut in Parchment paper and it was delicious, the best seafood dish we have had in a long time. For our appetizer we had the antipasta and that was also delicious. We asked the waiter to recommend a nice red wine which he did but since we ordered the fish he suggested we change it to a white wine (which he selected) and it was also excellent. We really appreciated the attention and suggestions from our waiter, he was excellent. This is an outstanding restaurant and we are looking forward to eating there again in the very near future.Special Features:
- Good food but....CFREDDDined on 9/7/2014The food and the service were quite good. Ordered a rather pricey bottle of wine (it was half price. - a Sunday special). It tasted terrible. It was returned, and another wine which was good was substituted. The food, particularly the bread was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at this restaurant about 6 times since it opened and it has never disappointed - every dinner has been special: the food, ambiance and service are all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria 177 is superb!WoodwindDined on 9/5/2014Our Osteria 177 dinner experience was made special by the wait staff and the tremendous food. Our request was for a no rush, light, taste experience. Dimitri, our waiter selected our courses, from appetizer to desert including wine selection. His recommendations were perfect for the occasion at resonable cost. Our dinner was more than great food and service. The interaction with Dimetre and other wait staff was both entertaining and informative. Annapolis may be a more frequented vacation destination if for no other reason than dinner at Osteria 177.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Cuisinetime4dinnerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our server was excellent. He recommended a good wine to go with our meal. Caprase appetizer was light enough not to fill us up before the main course. Dinner was better than average. We want to go back again for a second round.Special Features:
- So good ...WatssonDined on 9/4/2014Osteria 177 is so good that I'm going to quibble. I had a dish that paired swordfish with prosciutto. Not a great combination as the flavors of each seem to cancel each other out. In the cooking, the meat and the ham became laminated so it was impossible to eat them separately. The good news -- the lemony sauce on the fish was terrific and my wife's cioppino was out of sight. Quibbles aside, Osteria 177 is still the best restaurant in Annapolis when it comes to creative cooking.Special Features:
- The best in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2014This is the place for that special night out. Mauro is great and the kitchen is always on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.