177 Main Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteria177.com/
- Phone: 4102677700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am-2:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Osteria 177 offers various options to accommodate your private dining needs. Filled with modern amenities with an old world feel, let us make your occasion a memorable one. In addition to our main dining area, we have a newly built space for hosting smaller, more intimate events. Please call for further information.
- Special Events: For Mothers Day 2013, Osteria 177 will be serving Dinner all day from 12 until 9. We will offer additional delicious specials. Don't forget free dessert for moms!
A word from Osteria 177
Osteria 177 is the ultimate expression of an Italian tavern where the main attraction is imported delicacies of one-of-a-kind food and wine. Adorned by barreled wine, an Osteria would never lack the sought out local specialties, spices, cheeses, fish or meats. It was here that many people tried to alleviate life's stresses by numbering themselves with good food, good wince, and good company. The owner/chef of the Osteria would take the utmost pride in stocking these praised elements as the basis for mouthwatering meals, a delicious dance-for-all of the five senses. This is the basis for Osteria 177.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Osteria 177 - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Osteria 177 reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)fit for foodies (85)romantic (79)notable wine list (76)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (20)hot spot (15)great for lunch (15)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Fantastic dining experience!EddieDined on 8/27/2014We had not been to this restaurant on Main St in Annapolis, even though it has been operating for 7 years. It was a Burger King years ago and I never made the jump from fast food to fine dining! My mistake. We were there for our wedding anniversary and were greatly impressed. Noise level was also very low which added to the value to us. Food was amazing, service first rateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration dinnerOccamsrazorDined on 8/23/2014Good and service were outstanding. The only short coming was the average ambiance. The linquini con vongole, veal dishes and seafood soup ( I forget the Italian) were excellent. Salads were very good and the deserts also excellent. I don't often find zabaglione on the menu. Expensive but worth it. The wine selection is weighted heavily to Italians with some excellent choices. The ceiling is very high and open and I wish it lent itself to a more romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on main stKineraDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service and delicious food. One of out favorites in Annapolis when looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Best restaurant we found in Annapolis and right in the center of the historic district. A little pricey, but well worth it for a great meal.Special Features:
- Simply the best in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014The food is amazing, the service is exceptional, and the downtown location is ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POT LUCKdaveDined on 8/18/2014Had never stayed in Annapolis before and did not know any of the local restaurants. Did a little research online and found Osteria to have very good reviews. The restaurant did not disappoint. The calamari appetizer was outstanding. The fish soup was equally good. My wife does not eat seafood but still had plenty of choices. The service was excellent though it was a quiet night. Overall very pleased with the experience. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Annapolis GemfskellyDined on 8/17/2014We first dined at Osteria 177 on Thursday and had such a great experience, we came back for our last night in Annapolis on Sunday. Demetri was our waiter both times and we let him guide us through the menu. He just passed a prestigious sommelier certification, so we were in good hands. We started with a glass of Prosecco, chose a very special red Italian wine ('09 Casanova di Neri, Brunello di Montalcino) then picked course by course - the soft, creamy burrata cheese with prosciutto, the rich braseola slices over arugula, then homemade pastas - gnocchi (pillows!) with wild boar ragu, veal tortellonis with wild mushrooms. We frequently dine at Manhattan's best restaurants - and this meal was on par. Don't miss the homemade Limoncello!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a special tripKirkinMDVIPDined on 8/17/2014Dmitri, our server, was very personable and on top of his form, bantering back and forth with us. He kept an eye on our needs and answered multiple questions. The food was very good, and our table in the front window gave us a chance to people-watch the Annapolis tourists, which is always a fascinating pastime. Great meal, and we'll go again.Special Features:
- DeliciousKakaneDined on 8/17/2014We came here on a Sunday for early lunch. Drinks were great, appetizers fantastic, and meals terrific. We were full but still shared an order of profiteroles. It was not a cheap lunch, nor a small one. I would love to do it all over again sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Fabulous again !!! Everything was great !!! The food was delicious !!! Will go there again and again !,,Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Demetri (server) was amazing and provided us with the royal treatment. I didn't have to do anything but eat and drink. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian FoodHarvVIPDined on 8/9/2014What a fantastic meal!! After a good, but not outstanding, Caesar salad, my wife and I both had veal parmigiana. This was absolutely outstanding. Good veal with a fabulous marinara sauce and lots of excellent cheese. Finished the me off with a delicious ricotta cheesecake. All in all, a fabulous meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J225scDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful restaurant, with amazing service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Parents Weekned Dinneriron91Dined on 8/8/2014Awesome environment, great food and service. My son is a plebe at the USNA and I am looking forward to going back to this restaurant for the next four years! If you can afford a fine dining experience, this is the place. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJim1VIPDined on 8/7/2014Outstanding in every regard. All in our group of 4 agreed.Special Features:
- Fantastic RestaurantbuycowsDined on 8/3/2014Food, knowledge of wine and preparation were all outstanding. One of the best meals I have ever had!Special Features:
- slowOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014Very slow service. Waiter and personnel very friendly but just so slow. Food was average.
- Dick's PicksDicksPicksDined on 8/2/2014We frequent Osteria 177 often enough to see that the food is always consistently excellent, the wait staff professional and accommodating, and the location in downtown Annapolis conducive to after dinner strolls in this great city. For years they have maintained a consistency that is unparalleled.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014We had a great meal at Osteria 177. We arrived a few minutes early for a Friday 8PM reservation (Aug 1) and our table was ready. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly, and he gave great advice on the wine, the calamari, the sea bass and the veal. The food was excellent! The grilled calamari was very tender, and the sea bass was the best we have ever had--very tender and flavorful. The veal was excellent as well. We finished with profiteroles which were light, creamy and covered in delicious chocolate. We've already recommended it to friends who will be traveling to Annapolis this fall. It's a must do if you are in the area!Special Features:
- Extraordinary Dining at Osteria 177VangedDined on 7/27/2014It's in a star-crossed location in the heart of downtown Annapolis (the building used to be a Burger King, and before that a chain pharmacy), but inside it feels for all the world like a 21st century restaurant in Italy. The service is attentive, knowledgeable, and graciously helpful, and the food is exceptional on all counts: freshness, inventiveness, preparation, and presentation. After three very consistent visits, Osteria 177 has become our new favorite restaurant in greater Annapolis.Special Features:
- Normally great, but...SquantoDined on 7/23/2014Having been my 5th visit in 4 months, I was expecting more of the same great food and service. As usual, the food was outstanding. Expertly prepared, and made to order for those among our party of 7 who have food allergies. However, though our server was knowledgeable and friendly, he was very inattentive. I've had him as my server on 2 other occasions, and he was outstanding, not sure what was happening this night. It shouldn't take 15 minutes to pour 2 glasses of wine from an already opened bottle, or 20 minutes to get us our check, especially after half the table has already left. Anyway, I still recommend for the "usually" great service and always outstanding food. PS Thanks for returning our camera!Special Features:
- fabpattyVIPDined on 7/20/2014EVERYTHING about this restaurant was fabulous...ambiance, food, service...lovely environment. If you want something SPECIAL in Annapolis go here!Special Features:
- Just PerfectheymcsDined on 7/19/2014From start to finish everything was perfect. I only wish we had the teeniest of space left to enjoy the caramel gelato. The food was fabulous and exceeded all my expectations. We enjoyed a bevy of appetizers and split a main dish and we ate every bite; sometimes 'fighting' over the last bite and definitely cleaning our plates! tip: never pass up the seafood or soup specials!. The restaurant is elegant and comfortable, friendly servers, great hostess who wished my husband a happy birthday when she seated us, and over the top cocktails made this a memorable evening and Osteria 177 now one of our favorite restaurants. You will love it. Loved the warm bread and Seasons Olive Oil also.Special Features:
- Great findsissyDined on 7/15/2014We were looking for an Italian restaurant in the Annapolis area. I located this restaurant on both TripAdvisor and open table. It was a wonderful dinner. The food was delicious and plentiful. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. We would recommend this classy restaurant to any foodie or anyone looking for a wonderful Italian meal.Special Features:
- Nice spot in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Good food, nice wine list,and good service. Very good location.Special Features:
- Very nice lunchCasualDinerDined on 7/13/2014My mother had a Caesar salad with shrimp - excellent. I had a seafood pasta with a saffron base that was on the special list of the day. That was remarkably tasty with shrimp, lump crab and scallops. Overall excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was rudedoncarguyDined on 7/12/2014We all don't speak Italian, so leave the condescending attitude in the kitchen when we ask questions. Some of us prefer a little less flare with our food and a little more traditional. Given the food was very, very good, we had to modify existing menu selections to get what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place in AnnapolisJim1VIPDined on 7/12/2014Have been here before and always enjoyed it. Great food. Great menu and they are willing toodify preparations if desired. Our favorite place in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningBFOMDined on 7/10/2014Went there with my sister and her husband on vacation from England. The food was excellent, the server was friendly and entertaining. All in all, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not great2FoodiesDined on 7/10/2014Food selections were tasty but nothing too exciting, only our first visit. Wine by the glass selection were satisfactory but still not great. Service during first half was attentive and thorough, towards end, hard to get his attention - hanging out by bar chatting with other staff. Will make a second visit with time for full bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Love this placeTrish1404Dined on 7/7/2014As always, had a wonderful (and romantic) meal. The wait staff is attentive and personal, and the food is fabulous. Don't miss the grilled calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2014My husband and I frequently visit Annapolis and have dined here on two occasions, two years apart. I typically do not choose Italian restaurants but find this particular restaurant to be fantastic! The entrees are interesting and being a Marylander/seafood lover, I thoroughly enjoy the freshness and abundance of seafood in each dish. All the staff are extremely attentive and friendly. I would highly recommend it and will definitely be going back the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Always happyPeppermintPattyVIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant never fails to please. Between the lovely craft cocktails, the rich and savory pasta dishes, and the beautiful cuts of meat, there's not a single part of the meal I'm ever unhappy with. They always have a big list of specials, allowing you to try new dishes, though I often stick with my tried and true favorites. Absolutely lovely decor in the restaurant, and the wait staff are extremely attentive and knowledgable. I'm looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DCeaterDCeaterDined on 7/4/2014We eat out yery frequently, but rarely have had as good an all round experience as our July 4th meal. The food, and particularly the waiter were exceptional. We had a window seat for the parade, which rounded it all off. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAngelBearDined on 7/3/2014Great Italian food and very good table service. My only complaint was the hostess forgot about us after we checked in and we had to remind her that we were still waiting for a table 20 minutes after our reservation time. Not sure what that was about. But the servers and the food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTBoatingFoodiesVIPDined on 6/30/2014Another excellent meal at Osteria!! We have never been disappointed in the food or the service and this time was no exception. Whenever we are in Annapolis we try to make one night to dine here. I don;t like to miss it.Special Features:
- Old World Italy right in AnnapolisBayFoodieDined on 6/30/2014We had the most wonderful time at Osteria 177! Our first visit there, we celebrated our wedding anniversary on June 30th. Arturo went over the top with his culinary celebration, after my wife asked to go off menu. His filet is simply extraordinary, and his passion for food is evident in each plating. We wound up spending about three hours there, in an unhurried, traditional Italian manner of dining. Dmitri, their Sommelier, catered to our every wish throughout the entire experience. We enjoyed talking wine and Italian terroir with him. Their decor is warm and inviting, with imaginative art tastefully displayed. Comforting as that is, it's about the food. We will most definitely be back!Special Features:
- Wedding Day Incredible!WineNDineVIPDined on 6/27/2014We were married earlier in the day at the Annapolis Courthouse Chapel and decided on Osteria for dinner. The food was phenomenal and the service we received was fantastic! This is some of the best Italian I've ever eaten, particularly the caramelized Sea Bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dinner!JensenDined on 6/27/2014The food is amazing and the wait staff is even better! Demetrie is one of the top waiters in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014Our total dining experience was excellent. Our waiter was attentive and the staff was well in sync taking care of us during the evening starting with drinks through desert. The food off the chart, perfecto! We will entertain at Osteria 177 again.Special Features: