177 Main Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteria177.com/
- Phone: 4102677700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am-2:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Osteria 177 offers various options to accommodate your private dining needs. Filled with modern amenities with an old world feel, let us make your occasion a memorable one. In addition to our main dining area, we have a newly built space for hosting smaller, more intimate events. Please call for further information.
- Special Events: For Mothers Day 2013, Osteria 177 will be serving Dinner all day from 12 until 9. We will offer additional delicious specials. Don't forget free dessert for moms!
A word from Osteria 177
Osteria 177 is the ultimate expression of an Italian tavern where the main attraction is imported delicacies of one-of-a-kind food and wine. Adorned by barreled wine, an Osteria would never lack the sought out local specialties, spices, cheeses, fish or meats. It was here that many people tried to alleviate life's stresses by numbering themselves with good food, good wince, and good company. The owner/chef of the Osteria would take the utmost pride in stocking these praised elements as the basis for mouthwatering meals, a delicious dance-for-all of the five senses. This is the basis for Osteria 177.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Osteria 177 - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Osteria 177 reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (91)romantic (76)notable wine list (73)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (19)great for lunch (19)hot spot (16)late-night find (9)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- DeliciousDined on 9/14/2014We love the restaurant and everything about it. Our last visit was for our 50th wedding anniversary and we had a great evening. Look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food -Bad lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The food is truly fabulous. The ambience is ruined by LED lighting. It gives a cold greenish hue that makes the room look dreary and adds 10 years to everyone's face. Our waiter spoke in the first person possessive "MY specials tonight are ..." instead of "the chefs specials are" -most annoying. He was attentive, but too much so. It should have been obvious that we were having a romantic dinner and the constant inquiring of "is everything to your liking" was intrusive. A good restaurant need not ask that. It is understood. It's probably not his fault, because he was likely following managements' instructions as all the spiel sounded totally scripted. And yes, I do know what Farro is ! Still the food definitely makes Osteria worth a visit.Special Features:
- Delicious!Fiamma11Dined on 9/12/2014My family of three had dinner at Osteria 177 on a Friday night. The room is very nice, the service was top-notch and the food was astounding!! Outstanding restaurant. We will return.Special Features:
- Great, but not as great as usualbuckoannapolisDined on 9/12/2014We started with the mussel/clam appetizer and had about 4-5 mussel's that were bad. We also ordered the caprese salad and the mozzarella seemed a little old and dried out and the tomatoes were white and flavorless. We each ordered a Caesar salad before our entrees and the waiter forgot to enter the salads. We let him know when our entrees arrived and he acted like he did us a favor by not entering them and suggested we would be way too full if we had eaten them. When he brought the check he didn't take anything off of it, so I said that we weren't happy and expected more when we are paying $200 for a meal. He went to his manager and removed the app's. I feel like he was new and didn't want to admit a mistake to management.Special Features:
- Too expensive for poor serviceUncleDonDined on 9/11/2014Our waiter was obviously new and should never have been left alone. Our drink order was wrong - example, a "rum and coke" came out as rum on the rocks. It was corrected with a bottle of coke but there wasn't space in the glass to add the coke. It was corrected with a second on-the-rocks glass. We gave up. The salads came with the entrees instead of ahead of time. Because the dishes were large, the table was cramped. Dessert arrived without the coffee we ordered. We didn't want to start without our coffee. When the ice cream was fully melted, we inquired and were told to be patient for a fresh pot. We ordered regular - received decaf. Oops! The prices are way too expensive for inept service. I won't be back.
- Wonderful experienceJB27Dined on 9/9/2014Our server was outstanding! He knew the dishes, freely offered advice when asked, and was extremely personable. The food was just as fabulous. I was hosting four business associates, and all of them raved about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDLBondDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I ate at Osteria 177 for the first time during an overnight stay in Annapolis. We have eaten in excellent Italian restaurants in Italy and New York. The food at Osteria 177 was as good as the best. The service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect Service, Wonderful FoodRedjonesVIPDined on 9/7/2014We have eaten at Osteria 177 twice. The service is perfect -- attentive but not too much, a dash of humor and helpfulness included. We had a different waiter each time but they were each true professionals. We've ordered a variety of dishes - pasta, seafood, desserts, appetizers and everything has been superb. We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and wine.sharonDined on 9/7/2014This was our first time at Osteria 177 and the food and wine were outstanding. We both had the Halibut in Parchment paper and it was delicious, the best seafood dish we have had in a long time. For our appetizer we had the antipasta and that was also delicious. We asked the waiter to recommend a nice red wine which he did but since we ordered the fish he suggested we change it to a white wine (which he selected) and it was also excellent. We really appreciated the attention and suggestions from our waiter, he was excellent. This is an outstanding restaurant and we are looking forward to eating there again in the very near future.Special Features:
- Good food but....CFREDDDined on 9/7/2014The food and the service were quite good. Ordered a rather pricey bottle of wine (it was half price. - a Sunday special). It tasted terrible. It was returned, and another wine which was good was substituted. The food, particularly the bread was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at this restaurant about 6 times since it opened and it has never disappointed - every dinner has been special: the food, ambiance and service are all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria 177 is superb!WoodwindDined on 9/5/2014Our Osteria 177 dinner experience was made special by the wait staff and the tremendous food. Our request was for a no rush, light, taste experience. Dimitri, our waiter selected our courses, from appetizer to desert including wine selection. His recommendations were perfect for the occasion at resonable cost. Our dinner was more than great food and service. The interaction with Dimetre and other wait staff was both entertaining and informative. Annapolis may be a more frequented vacation destination if for no other reason than dinner at Osteria 177.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Cuisinetime4dinnerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our server was excellent. He recommended a good wine to go with our meal. Caprase appetizer was light enough not to fill us up before the main course. Dinner was better than average. We want to go back again for a second round.Special Features:
- So good ...WatssonDined on 9/4/2014Osteria 177 is so good that I'm going to quibble. I had a dish that paired swordfish with prosciutto. Not a great combination as the flavors of each seem to cancel each other out. In the cooking, the meat and the ham became laminated so it was impossible to eat them separately. The good news -- the lemony sauce on the fish was terrific and my wife's cioppino was out of sight. Quibbles aside, Osteria 177 is still the best restaurant in Annapolis when it comes to creative cooking.Special Features:
- The best in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2014This is the place for that special night out. Mauro is great and the kitchen is always on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding OsteriaSeaCrisVIPDined on 9/1/2014I don't know why it has taken me years to return to Osteria 177, but now I have been twice in two weeks. I had the sea bass with figs. Amazing. Outstanding. The best sea bass I have ever eaten anywhere, ever. I had the same dish twice in two weeks. A consistent slice of heaven. The service is marvelous. The ambience is rarified. I was (too casually) dressed the first time, but did not feel out of place. The clientele ranges from shorts and polo shirts to suits and evening dresses, but dress up and meet the evening. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The meals were very good, and service was fantastic. We will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experience!EddieDined on 8/27/2014We had not been to this restaurant on Main St in Annapolis, even though it has been operating for 7 years. It was a Burger King years ago and I never made the jump from fast food to fine dining! My mistake. We were there for our wedding anniversary and were greatly impressed. Noise level was also very low which added to the value to us. Food was amazing, service first rateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration dinnerOccamsrazorDined on 8/23/2014Good and service were outstanding. The only short coming was the average ambiance. The linquini con vongole, veal dishes and seafood soup ( I forget the Italian) were excellent. Salads were very good and the deserts also excellent. I don't often find zabaglione on the menu. Expensive but worth it. The wine selection is weighted heavily to Italians with some excellent choices. The ceiling is very high and open and I wish it lent itself to a more romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on main stKineraDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service and delicious food. One of out favorites in Annapolis when looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Best restaurant we found in Annapolis and right in the center of the historic district. A little pricey, but well worth it for a great meal.Special Features:
- Simply the best in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014The food is amazing, the service is exceptional, and the downtown location is ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POT LUCKdaveDined on 8/18/2014Had never stayed in Annapolis before and did not know any of the local restaurants. Did a little research online and found Osteria to have very good reviews. The restaurant did not disappoint. The calamari appetizer was outstanding. The fish soup was equally good. My wife does not eat seafood but still had plenty of choices. The service was excellent though it was a quiet night. Overall very pleased with the experience. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Annapolis GemfskellyDined on 8/17/2014We first dined at Osteria 177 on Thursday and had such a great experience, we came back for our last night in Annapolis on Sunday. Demetri was our waiter both times and we let him guide us through the menu. He just passed a prestigious sommelier certification, so we were in good hands. We started with a glass of Prosecco, chose a very special red Italian wine ('09 Casanova di Neri, Brunello di Montalcino) then picked course by course - the soft, creamy burrata cheese with prosciutto, the rich braseola slices over arugula, then homemade pastas - gnocchi (pillows!) with wild boar ragu, veal tortellonis with wild mushrooms. We frequently dine at Manhattan's best restaurants - and this meal was on par. Don't miss the homemade Limoncello!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a special tripKirkinMDVIPDined on 8/17/2014Dmitri, our server, was very personable and on top of his form, bantering back and forth with us. He kept an eye on our needs and answered multiple questions. The food was very good, and our table in the front window gave us a chance to people-watch the Annapolis tourists, which is always a fascinating pastime. Great meal, and we'll go again.Special Features:
- DeliciousKakaneDined on 8/17/2014We came here on a Sunday for early lunch. Drinks were great, appetizers fantastic, and meals terrific. We were full but still shared an order of profiteroles. It was not a cheap lunch, nor a small one. I would love to do it all over again sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Fabulous again !!! Everything was great !!! The food was delicious !!! Will go there again and again !,,Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Demetri (server) was amazing and provided us with the royal treatment. I didn't have to do anything but eat and drink. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian FoodHarvVIPDined on 8/9/2014What a fantastic meal!! After a good, but not outstanding, Caesar salad, my wife and I both had veal parmigiana. This was absolutely outstanding. Good veal with a fabulous marinara sauce and lots of excellent cheese. Finished the me off with a delicious ricotta cheesecake. All in all, a fabulous meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J225scDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful restaurant, with amazing service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Parents Weekned Dinneriron91Dined on 8/8/2014Awesome environment, great food and service. My son is a plebe at the USNA and I am looking forward to going back to this restaurant for the next four years! If you can afford a fine dining experience, this is the place. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJim1VIPDined on 8/7/2014Outstanding in every regard. All in our group of 4 agreed.Special Features:
- Fantastic RestaurantbuycowsDined on 8/3/2014Food, knowledge of wine and preparation were all outstanding. One of the best meals I have ever had!Special Features:
- slowOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014Very slow service. Waiter and personnel very friendly but just so slow. Food was average.
- Dick's PicksDicksPicksDined on 8/2/2014We frequent Osteria 177 often enough to see that the food is always consistently excellent, the wait staff professional and accommodating, and the location in downtown Annapolis conducive to after dinner strolls in this great city. For years they have maintained a consistency that is unparalleled.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!VAdinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a great meal at Osteria 177. We arrived a few minutes early for a Friday 8PM reservation (Aug 1) and our table was ready. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly, and he gave great advice on the wine, the calamari, the sea bass and the veal. The food was excellent! The grilled calamari was very tender, and the sea bass was the best we have ever had--very tender and flavorful. The veal was excellent as well. We finished with profiteroles which were light, creamy and covered in delicious chocolate. We've already recommended it to friends who will be traveling to Annapolis this fall. It's a must do if you are in the area!Special Features:
- Extraordinary Dining at Osteria 177VangedDined on 7/27/2014It's in a star-crossed location in the heart of downtown Annapolis (the building used to be a Burger King, and before that a chain pharmacy), but inside it feels for all the world like a 21st century restaurant in Italy. The service is attentive, knowledgeable, and graciously helpful, and the food is exceptional on all counts: freshness, inventiveness, preparation, and presentation. After three very consistent visits, Osteria 177 has become our new favorite restaurant in greater Annapolis.Special Features:
- Normally great, but...SquantoDined on 7/23/2014Having been my 5th visit in 4 months, I was expecting more of the same great food and service. As usual, the food was outstanding. Expertly prepared, and made to order for those among our party of 7 who have food allergies. However, though our server was knowledgeable and friendly, he was very inattentive. I've had him as my server on 2 other occasions, and he was outstanding, not sure what was happening this night. It shouldn't take 15 minutes to pour 2 glasses of wine from an already opened bottle, or 20 minutes to get us our check, especially after half the table has already left. Anyway, I still recommend for the "usually" great service and always outstanding food. PS Thanks for returning our camera!Special Features:
- fabpattyVIPDined on 7/20/2014EVERYTHING about this restaurant was fabulous...ambiance, food, service...lovely environment. If you want something SPECIAL in Annapolis go here!Special Features:
- Just PerfectheymcsDined on 7/19/2014From start to finish everything was perfect. I only wish we had the teeniest of space left to enjoy the caramel gelato. The food was fabulous and exceeded all my expectations. We enjoyed a bevy of appetizers and split a main dish and we ate every bite; sometimes 'fighting' over the last bite and definitely cleaning our plates! tip: never pass up the seafood or soup specials!. The restaurant is elegant and comfortable, friendly servers, great hostess who wished my husband a happy birthday when she seated us, and over the top cocktails made this a memorable evening and Osteria 177 now one of our favorite restaurants. You will love it. Loved the warm bread and Seasons Olive Oil also.Special Features: