177 Main Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteria177.com/
- Phone: (410) 267-7700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am-2:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Osteria 177 offers various options to accommodate your private dining needs. Filled with modern amenities with an old world feel, let us make your occasion a memorable one. In addition to our main dining area, we have a newly built space for hosting smaller, more intimate events. Please call for further information.
- Special Events: For Mothers Day 2013, Osteria 177 will be serving Dinner all day from 12 until 9. We will offer additional delicious specials. Don't forget free dessert for moms!
A word from Osteria 177
Osteria 177 is the ultimate expression of an Italian tavern where the main attraction is imported delicacies of one-of-a-kind food and wine. Adorned by barreled wine, an Osteria would never lack the sought out local specialties, spices, cheeses, fish or meats. It was here that many people tried to alleviate life's stresses by numbering themselves with good food, good wince, and good company. The owner/chef of the Osteria would take the utmost pride in stocking these praised elements as the basis for mouthwatering meals, a delicious dance-for-all of the five senses. This is the basis for Osteria 177.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Osteria 177 - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Osteria 177 reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (96)romantic (70)notable wine list (66)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (24)great for lunch (20)hot spot (20)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014Dinner was terrific. Everyone in our party enjoyed their dinner. My partner & the wife of our friend thought the Cosmopolitans were outstanding. I had duck - a very nice flavor pairing with blueberries. the duck could have been crispier, but it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabesVIPDined on 11/22/2014The food was so delicious my husband and I will go to Arturo trattoria in Glen Burnie during the holidays. I had Saltimbocca di Pesce alla Romano and he had Ossobucco with mushroom rissoto. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a reasonable priceCineeDined on 11/16/2014What a gem! Great food at very reasonable prices - we went for lunch and the fact that they offer any bottle of wine for half the price made it a bargain! I would recommend eating at Osteria 177 for anyone who is looking for a nice, quiet place on Sunday - great for groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite resturanteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary at Osteria. I called ahead to request to have glasses of Prosecco waiting for us as well as request Dimitri as our server. The entire staff knocked it out of the park. Food was, as always, excellent. Let Dimitri make wine recommendations. He never gets it wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food, service, and ambiance were great, but the prices were too high for the portion sizes. I understand that Annapolis in general can be pricey, but I expected much more for what I paid for. Happy to say we tried it, but likely will not come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian restaurantMichaelDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I were about to give up on finding great Italian food. We've eaten at a few places in Little Italy as well as the District, but have been mostly disappointed until we found Osteria 177. Osteria was a pleasant surprising find in Annapolis. We started with Calamari alla Griglia, grilled squid with arugula salad, that was tender and delicious. Next, my wife had veal parmigiana that was excellent. I ordered the Cioppino alla Genovese with a side of linguine with garlic and olive oil. It was absolutely delicious. The seafood was fresh and delicate, the tomato broth was pleasingly spicy and incredibly flavorful. In fact, so flavorful that I half thought to take the leftover broth with me because it was so good. I highly recommend this restaurant. My wife and I plan to return to this restaurant frequently to work our way through the entire menu. The Pappardella al Ragu di Cinghiale will be the next dish I order, perhaps this upcoming Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014Definitely a well run restaurant with a great menu. The regular menu is amazing, and the specials are always special. The free valet parking is just an added bonus to make for nice, stress free dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!JrzGirlDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I had friends visiting from out of state. These friends travel all over the world and very much enjoy fine restaurants. We brought them here for dinner and everything was terrific. Days later they're still raving about it. They're already planning another trip to visit us and we'll definitely return to Osteria 177!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great anniversary!civiehooDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our 6th anniversary, and at the risk of sounding far older than we are, Osteria 177 was our first true "Yelp-only find" - I wanted to do something different for our anniversary, Annapolis had been fun in the past but I didn't know it well; Osteria 177 was highly rated, so we gave it a try and were not disappointed. The food was great, our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive but in our face. A nice atmosphere, right on Main Street in the middle of everything. A short walk to other bars if you're looking for something with live music or a bar scene just a few blocks away. And the harbor is right at the end of Main Street, a nice way to end the evening with a walk. A great night, great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy!zipfDined on 11/7/2014I have little to say except that the food was quite good, and that I'm glad I went. Also, my waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious.Fiamma11Dined on 11/7/2014Delicious food, beautiful room, attentive service,. We had duck breast and carmelized sea bass, both to die for. Our favorite restaurant in Annapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Great food and excellent service xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerbeautifulspotDined on 11/1/2014We celebrated my wife's Birthday and couldn't have asked for better service! Great food, great place, great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBesteatsDined on 10/29/2014This was our first visit to Osteria, but it won't be our last. We went with friends who have eaten there on several occasions, and they were anxious for us to try it. The drinks were generous and the food delicious. We felt so comfortable that we ended up staying at our table and chatting for almost 3 hours.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/26/2014We went with friends, all of us had eaten at Osteria 177 before, but this time we got the best server, Dimitri, who not only helped with dinner suggestions but also made fabulous wine recommendations! The food was very good, excellently prepared and presented. The only disappointment was that the chicken portion of my wife's entree was extremely small - we don't like big portions but this was at the other extreme, maybe 4 ounces. In spite of that, we highly recommend Osteria 177 and will continue to be frequent patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatmihaplazaDined on 10/26/2014second time at Osteria. food was decent but not great this time. dont mind paying premium prices for really good food but this time I felt like we over paid. Wait staff was friendly but mia for second half of the meal. Overall, we felt like the B team was in the kitchen and the staff was short handed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDianeDined on 10/24/2014Absolutely delicious and lovely dining experience. We love good food and would highly recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014It was a special occasion and we left wondering why we hadn't visited this restaurant before, as we live nearby. CAESAR salad and both of our entrees were top notch, and the wine recommendation was spot on. Would recommend to others and definitely return ourselves.Special Features:
- Always greatMalLardoDined on 10/18/2014This place is the best. We keep coming back for more. Authentic, amazing Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Meal...ChrisbobDined on 10/17/2014The food is fantastic, fresh ingredients prepared in the best Italian style. The atmosphere is modern yet understated. It doesn't shout to get your attention although it holds your eye when you look around. One the evening we visited, the server was quite personable but seemed to be having some serious problems. Maybe he was taking care of too many tables, maybe he had no runner or bus boy, I'm not quite sure. But he deserted us once right after we sat down (but before we even ordered drinks) and again during the meal service. We were happy with the meal, but concerned about the service.Special Features:
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Best Italian in Annapolis. Crafted an entree for my wife, who has a dairy intolerance. All dishes excellent, kid friendly as well. Great cocktails and wine as well. Only italian in Annapolis that can match best in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in annapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/16/2014Excellent as always. Fantastic service. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerSusanDined on 10/14/2014I would visit Osteria 177 again. The food was delicious and the service good. The atmosphere is elegant without being too formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really EnjoyedLive2EatDined on 10/13/2014We were celebrating our anniversary- we also hadn't been on a date since Valentines Day (we have a one year old). I noted in the Open Table comments that it was our anniversary and that we'd love a good table. Sure enough, the hostess made sure we had a table upfront looking out onto Main Street. Our waiter Demetri was great- very personable and informative. They were out of the dish I had intended to order, but I suppose that is bound to happen sometimes. Otherwise, my meal was delicious. Started with the grilled octopus. Next, pasta with seafood and white wine sauce. Finished with the profiteroles. My husband had the snails- which I think he thought were just okay- the veal parma and the salted caramel gelato. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great food, unprofessional waiterKennonBDined on 10/12/2014We entered the restaurant with a waiter, "Chris", sternly saying "Hey!!...(glaring eyes towards hostess) She politely turned towards my wife and I and handled us in seating and introductions. Our waiter is the same one involved in the flare-up up front. Really, I wouldn't be mentioning this except...As this waiter is standing off to the side near the bar we hear him and another employee carry on about this hostess. We got very tired of the murmuring and bickering attitude and almost asked to move. I had to ask the waiter what his name was towards the end of the meal. The food and the OTHER expediting wait-staff were excellent and saved the evening for us. "Chris" needs an attitude adjustment.Special Features:
- We enjoyedsailorDined on 10/12/2014We really enjoyed having lunch there. Good Italian cuisine, great service. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Evening out while at the boat showdjo673Dined on 10/11/2014My 2nd time there, everything was Great, service was very attentive, but not hovering. Food was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Quite possibly the best sea bass entree I've ever had. I will definitely return to explore the rest of the menu. This is a great date night spot.Special Features:
- Good foodLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great food at this location, nice ambience and low noise level for conversing. Had a unnecessary level of confusion about the pricing on the wine list, but otherwise very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- FantasticMikeDined on 10/5/2014Food was outstanding, service was great and ambiance was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little brightKentIsland08Dined on 10/4/2014I feel the lights were two bright and the music two low. I know this is picky but if its the only negtive thing I could complain about that shows you how good the food and service was. Food was served piping hot as it should and was great. I left most of our ordering decisions up to the house (including wine) and was not up sold. Good experince.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better and better every time..MDFoodiesVIPDined on 10/3/2014I don't know what they are doing, but they have upped their game! We enjoyed dinner with out of town guests only two weeks ago and the meal and service were outstanding. On Saturday night, we were there again for a friend's birthday dinner and it was over the top. Great tender grilled calamari, delicate carpaccio, gorgeous Chilean sea bass, a perfect branzino, and a veal chop that was out of this world. Wonderful cocktails and wine. Exceptional service from Dimitri. Just when we think it can't get better, it does!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local gemCHFanDined on 10/1/2014Osteria 177 remains our favorite Annapolis restaurant and our "go to" place for family celebrations: birthdays, anniversaries, promotions and farewell dinners. Service is always impeccable and the chef is outstanding: food is delicious, meats prepared to the right temperature, and beautifully plated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodVickiBVIPDined on 9/30/2014We were consistently told by locals that this is the best restaurant in Annapolis, and they were right. It was so good that we ate there the only two nights we were in town. The Sicilian style salmon made salmon a totally new and delicious dish. The seabass was as good as a local told us. My sister liked her pasta dish so much she ate it two nights in a row. In addition, the staff is friendly but professional. Wish I lived there to eat at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in AnnapolisVickiBVIPDined on 9/29/2014Loved this restaurant so much that when we were traveling through Annapolis we went two nights in a row. Delicious seafood & pasta. The staff is very professional.Special Features:
- KLWMDDined on 9/27/2014Very good food. Excellent seafood. Good service Unobtrusive. Even allowed us to share a cocktail.Special Features:
- bsandDined on 9/24/2014delicious food--great wait staff very accomadating restaurant!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!Boz49Dined on 9/19/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Demitri was a fantastic server. What more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, tonight outstanding!MDFoodiesVIPDined on 9/18/2014We enjoy Osteria fairly regularly, but tonight was really outstanding. My parents were visiting from out of town & we were celebrating a few birthdays, so a special dinner was in order. Osteria delivered. Grilled calamari were tender & delicious, just the right amount of dressing, & beef carpaccio was beautiful. We requested penne with simple marianara sauce; it was lovely with tiny, grape tomatoes. Grilled veal chops were huge & perfectly prepared. A Barolo went perfectly. Salted caramel ice cream & tiramisu topped it off. Service from John was top notch. A classical guitarist playing in the background. All made for a great evening!Special Features:
- DeliciousDined on 9/14/2014We love the restaurant and everything about it. Our last visit was for our 50th wedding anniversary and we had a great evening. Look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.