1662 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ninosnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124265422x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available for parties up to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Josue 8889864169
- Special Events:
A word from Osso Buco
Osso Buco is a family style restaurant serving sumptuous regional Italian cuisine seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osso Buco reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great for Groups!BarryWindDined on 2/11/2014I dined solo but I noticed there were 3 large groups in the restaurant that all seemed to be having a great time. I will go back with a group very soon. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions are quite healthy.LEXaveDined on 2/6/2014I wonder what the family portions look like. I went in here at off-peak time and stuffed myself with stuffed mushroom caps, seafood salad & spaghetti & meatballs. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner after the museumRicNYCDined on 1/21/2014We spent the afternoon at the Guggenheim and came here for dinner afterwards. We found the food, wine & service to be exceptional and the prices to be reasonable.Special Features:
- A little skimpyOcheletDined on 1/18/2014The pasta was perfectly al dente and tastey. Salad was yummy and parchment wrapped fish special delicious - but not outstanding. The "family style" portions were really not fit for more than 2 persons. We were 6 people and ordered 4 family portion selections. We left a little less than sated - and we are your typical not big eaters!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good when you are going tomuffieVIPDined on 1/11/2014Good when you are going to the 92Y. I wouldn't go out of my way to go thereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Have eaten her several timesISPROUDVIPDined on 12/28/2013Have eaten her several times for special occasions with friends and family. Attentive staff with wide variety of food to choose from. Wish the family size portion was larger with our fish entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style rules!MmeRFBDined on 12/24/2013This restaurant is a gem on the Upper East Side. We shared appetizers, tricolor salad, and lemon chicken. I thought everything was prepared very well. Food was excellent and the family portions are generous. Why the 3 TVs in the front room were playing is a mystery but there are other rooms and the noise was not overwhelming. We will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portions!oleaDined on 12/19/2013This really works out to be a very reasonably priced restaurant. It's a bit up there in the Upper East Side but there isn't much car traffic so the taxi got us there quickly. Definitely locals place, no tourists.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving NYC 2013MichigandersDined on 11/28/2013We had three in our group and all ordered different selections of prix fixe which was a good value (37.50) for the scale of service and remarkable quality. One had turkey meatball spaghetti with calmer appetizer, another had the TG turkey dinner special with caesar salad, and I had the chicken with spinach Osso Bucco style along with Osso Bucco salad,,,,all were very expertly created and presented and flavored to perfection. We also had the Merlot selection of wine as part of the prix fixe and all had pie deserts, apple and pumpkin, in addition to a bottle of wine All were presented expertly...we especially appreciated the not just warm, but also crisp (!) pie crust.....really made our TG 2013 outing one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usually stay in Soho area,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2013usually stay in Soho area, was in town and took a friend's daughter out for dinner, and this place was in the area.- a happy selection! Particularly like the way most items can be ordered family style. We all agreed on a pasta side and salad, and had generous, delicious servings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions are generous andsawintDined on 11/9/2013Portions are generous and food is an excellent example of what an old fashioned neighborhod Italian restaurant use to be. One of the few places you can still get a chicken on the bone dish. Nice choices of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotLuvFoodVIPDined on 11/1/2013This is a great casual, neighborhood spot. Attentive and friendly staff, the osso Buco lamb shank was excellent (and the prices are reasonable).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosy Neighborhood SpotMCL8Dined on 10/25/2013Came for a family dinner while my parents were in town. The servers were very attentive and it had a nice ambiance and a good bar area. It was an older crowd while we were there, but we were also fairly early. Food was very good!Special Features:
- great lunch!LuvLunchVIPDined on 10/16/2013Enjoyed everything!! The food and service excellent!!! Will return! Love the lunch special!!Special Features:
- This was our second time diningangjoDined on 10/12/2013This was our second time dining here, we've had Jose take care of us, he is a great waiter and very attentive. Will be going back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Lunch!LuvLunchVIPDined on 10/9/2013A real bang for your buck at this priced fix lunch! Excellent food and very nice portions. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again!MichDined on 10/8/2013We have patronized this restaurant several times, different meal times, never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food is excellent andellieVIPDined on 9/29/2013the food is excellent and they always have a variety of specials. And the service and staff are so very nice.Special Features:
- Where's this place been hiding?dlorahDined on 9/21/2013Would never have discovered this gem if it weren't for one of our college grandchildren residing in a nearby college dormitory building. Even the on-street parking was easy on an early Saturday evening. Martinis were great too. Don't tell anyone. Harold GSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good; not greatvickiDined on 8/24/2013When arriving, we were told the computer was broken, so our reservation couldn't be confirmed. However, our party of 4 was seated without a problem. I felt some of the items were overpriced, based on the quality. Caesar salads were $10.50 each - but they arrived with the Romaine lettuce wilted and warm! Not worth that amount of money. My Chicken Paesana was oversalted, but fair. The vegetables served with my entree - green beans and broccoli - were, however, properly cooked and al dente.Special Features:
- An amazing dining experience,MrWhiteVIPDined on 8/22/2013An amazing dining experience, this was my first visit and I can’t wait to return, the food was awesome carefully prepared, the service could not have been more attentive, no to mention the host was very welcomingSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceMichDined on 8/14/2013We have dined several times now and never disappointed! Excellent food, friendly staff, took another couple with us this time and they agree they will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!LuvLunchVIPDined on 7/24/2013We had a wonderful lunch! The waiter,Jose, really made it special! Will definitely return!!! Finally a place that serves authentic Italian food!! Chicken Scarpirello ON the bone!!!Special Features:
- new find for us!cityfoodiesVIPDined on 6/18/2013We are new to the upper east side and this place is so perfect for us! Food was delish! Service was great! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flexible MenuBobfromStamfordDined on 5/6/2013We have eaten here a few times and enjoy the tasty food and the option of ordering single or family size portions. This time we had the branzino special and we loved the grilled fish with broccoli rabe.Special Features:
- Good FoodGrannyDined on 5/4/2013Salmon was delicious. Pasta primavera tasted that it had been made ahead and reheated! Service good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accomodating ServiceRushedDined on 5/4/2013We arrived late due to horrendous traffic but they still honored our reservation and served us promptly so that we made our concert (nearby) on time.
- Yummy ItalianJodyDined on 5/2/2013We went here to celebrate my mom's b'day. The service was outstanding. The waiters were super attentive and knew their stuff. Our main waiter recommended just the right amount of food for our party of seven. The place is large, on two floors, and feels like it's been there for a while. I'm used to dining in more intimate spaces, but this was great for a group. The food was really tasty, especially the calamari and antipasto. Not inventive, but solid, filling dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought it was okay - nothingkss0202VIPDined on 4/24/2013I thought it was okay - nothing special. Didn't like the baked clams, though. They were slightly burnt and dry.
- i took a party of 4 from outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2013i took a party of 4 from out of town and really had great time at osso buco. we did family style veal shank osso buco and was cook at perfection with side of fresh home-made pasta. As always their service is attentive and the manager Rick is very gracious host. looking forward to visit them soon.Special Features:
- there are better restaurants in uesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2013Food was too salted!! For an italian restaurant, the pasta tasted like ie out if an old package left over from a bodega. soup and apps were unimpressive. dessert was average. Decent service given the manager seemed like he didn't want to be there. Nice effort from the staff to be attentive. definitely had better food from local pizzeria.. Just being honest. Good luck guys.
- Osso buco servers nice ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/24/2013Osso buco servers nice Italian menu with handmade pastas and many other options, focusing on high-quality and local ingredients. The appetizers are especially varied and excellent. Pocolino & Ricardo Their make you feel at homeSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood ItalianBigMVIPDined on 3/8/2013Very good food and nice surroundings. Even the individual portions are generous. Good friendly service and attractive surroundings. I have walked by this neighborhood place hundreds of times over the years but have never gone there. The other day we decided to give it a try and now it will be a regular stop for us.Special Features:
- Ricky keep continue good jobOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/10/2013The food was fantastic this service I was excellent , The Waiter was explaining very polite Thanks for such a lovely evening Definitely I will go backSpecial Features:
- Place is excellent. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/9/2013Place is excellent. Food is great, service is fantastic. Wife loved it.
- Neighbor GemljsamsonDined on 1/6/2013excellent Italian food at a fair price. good, but not great, wine list. Service was superb. If you are in this neighborhood, Osso Buco should be your first choice for a nice meal. Also, they serve family style and we had a wonderful, semi-private dinner for 14 upstairs a while backSpecial Features:
- Food was OK...waiter was difficulten1066Dined on 12/31/2012Food was OK...waiter was difficult to understand, not very helpful, and overall seemed out of his element.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/30/2012Excellent food and service make this a neighborhood gem. Unpretentious and friendly. The kudos to the red sauce that has been noted in reviewsSpecial Features:
- Fell well short of expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2012The waiters do not know the basics of serving in a courteous way. Their hands are all over your face and the table as you have a conversation with your friends. They are aggressive and in your face. The wine list is weak and even then they don't have many of the wines on the list.
- It's always a pleasure toOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/25/2012It's always a pleasure to have dinner at Osso Buco where you are treated as valued friends!Special Features: