Osprey's Landing Restaurant
401 Belmont Bay Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22191Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Osprey's Landing Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ospreyslanding.net/
- Phone: 7034971384
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm (Bar Open until 5pm); Open: Wednesday- Friday: 11:00am - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: TJ Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Discover a unique and charming waterfront venue filled with natural beauty, a relaxing atmosphere, and quintessential hospitality. Whether it be a wedding reception, ceremony, party, banquet, corporate seminar, golf event, or any other affair - Osprey’s offers a choice of distinctly different settings for any event! Osprey’s 15,000 sq. ft. clubhouseis decorated with two unique venue spaces featuring an outside terrace, 14-foot vaulted ceilings, elegant chandeliers, dance floor, and a spectacular full view of the Occoquan River.
- Private Party Facilities: Northern Virginia's Premier Waterfront Venue. Located right off of 95 just south of the Occoquan near a multitude of hotel selections for out of town guests, amenities and transportation.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Tierno 8887706274
- Special Events: Our clubhouse overlooks the Occoquan River and is an ideal setting for wedding receptions and banquet events, with all-inclusive packages to fit almost any budget. An indoor banquet room is ideal setting for golf outings - making The Osprey's Golf Club among the area's best venues for hosting your golf event.
A word from Osprey's Landing Restaurant
The Osprey's Landing Restaurant offers a menu of fresh, locally inspired cuisine for lunch and dinner with special event menus and weekly Sunday Brunch. Happy Hour Wednesday - Friday from 4pm - 7pm Featuring "Buy One, Get One Free" Appetizers $2.50 Draft Beer & $4 Drinks & Wine by Glass Hours of Operation Wednesday - Friday 11:00am - 9:00pm Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm Sunday Bar 10:00am - 5:00pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osprey's Landing Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Terrible takeoutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2013Terrible service and food. Twice in two weeks the screwed up my pickup orders. Hamburgers missing cheese and mayo. The orchard salad missing sliced apples
- Great brunch at Osprey! GoingDinnerOutDined on 3/10/2013Great brunch at Osprey! Going back for Easter Sunday!!Special Features:
- We went for Sunday brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2013We went for Sunday brunch, our first time ever at this restaurant. Brunch is buffet style and had items for both vegetarian and non-vegetarian alike. The food was quiet good, kept well stocked, preparation was far above average. The Bloody Marys were excellent, as was their price. We will be back!Special Features:
- Our visit was very nice, butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013Our visit was very nice, but not totally successful. The goat cheese salad was truly outstanding. The hanger steak was very tender and tasty. However, the fish and chips was disappointing. The amount of breading was excessive and pretty flavorless. Not much fish. We would not order it again. Great fries.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013It was our first time at Osprey. Setting and decor is charming and relaxing. Atmosphere very pleasant. I would go there again and recommend it to others. Our waiter was very helpful.Special Features:
- We were very pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013We were very pleased with the quality and value of the Sunday brunch. Everything exceeded our expectations. I can't wait till next time.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013Wonderful food, good service, affordable, and, best of all, don't have to venture up I-95! Much, much better than the local chains and much cleaner, too. A little off the beaten path, but who wants to sit in traffic around Potomac Mills? This is in a nice, quiet area, beautiful surroundings with the river and the golf course.Special Features:
- Highly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2013This was my first time at the resturant and I have to say I was not that all impressed. It seem like no one knew what their position is. About three people walked by us and asked if someone is helping us. Finally we got setaed and I'm not surew if the waitsress was new or maybe the manager called out but it was total chaos. Also I order the crab cake meal to find out 15 minutes later that they only have one crab cake left. I order a glass of reisling but they ran out of that too. I informed the waitsress I would take the one crab cake a discounted price so when I got my meal they cut the one crab cake to make it took like two. I have to say the crab cake was good but it was a very poor presentation.Special Features:
- The salads are great but overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/16/2013The salads are great but overall the good is always cold.
- My wife and I did not knowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013My wife and I did not know of the restaurant hidden in the neighborhood. We arrived after dark but could tell it was near the waterfront. Would love to see what it looks like during the day. Food was excellent and service wonderful. We will go back again.Special Features:
- Booked 7:45 reservation hadWhatevrworksDined on 1/12/2013Booked 7:45 reservation had to wait until 8:15 for a table because they didn't want to "use the 6 person table for three". Food was good service was poor bar tender and even wait staff were more interested in watching football than doing their job.
- My High Hopes Were DashedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013It was a busy night, but that is no excuse for over-cooked tasteless food. My chicken saltamboca was tasteless and the broccoli inedible, but the grits were decent. My wife's fish was overcooked but decent, but her potatoes were poor and asparagus inedible. The salads were decent and the crab cake was average. Service was slow and she couldn't remember what we ordered. On top of all that, the noise level was nearly unbearable. Do yourself a favor and just stay away. That's my plan.
- Decent Food but Won't go AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013The food was pretty good and the staff was friendly but the service was still horrible. We didn't get sat until almost 30min after our reservation, food took over 30min to arrive and then they literally started clearing our plates and chasing us out the door because they were closing.
- A diamond in the roughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Food was excellent. Crab cake appetizer was very good as was the stuffed pork chop. Wife had roasted beet salad and grilled salmon. Both were very good as well. Service on the other hand was poor by our server but other wait staff were courteous and attentive. It was very busy the night we went so staff was a bit hurried. Overall good experience.
- This was our first visit toipocDined on 1/11/2013This was our first visit to Osprey's Landing. It's a dining room for the associated golf club, so atmosphere is what you expect from that environment. The service was good, though not great. The food was very good. We both had salads which were good. I had "The Greens" which was "foraged local greens, grape tomatoes, red onion, julienne carrots and aged balsamic." I can't say about the foraged local greens, but they appeared to be mixed greens from any grocery store. No sign of the balsamic dressing, it came with Ranch. My wife had the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese salad, which was excellent. For our main course, my wife had fish and chips, which were excellent. I had the Roasted Hanger Steak, which was also excellent.Special Features:
- QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013very quaint & quiet place to eat. The service was excellent and the food was good.Special Features:
- The food was good qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013The food was good quality for the price. Crab cakes were all crab meat-no filler. Unique items on the menu. Try pork chop stuffed with goat cheese and figs-generous portion and quite good. One of their specialties is grits as a side-a nice change from other starches. Really liked that this is NOT a chain restaurant. It is an open space with bar, so the noise level can get a bit high. Service was a bit slow initially, due to the restaurant being fully occupied. Our server was very nice and apologetic. Later, she was VERY attentive. We will definitely make a return visit. This restaurant/bar is on a golf course so it also caters to golfers-no fine dining hours on Sat/only brunch on SunSpecial Features:
- Worth a shot, if you can easily go.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/28/2012Nice enough place, with good food. One of the appetizers could have been heated better, and the restaurant is just very difficult to get to buried in the maze of a golf course neighborhood that it is. If you are local to it, definitely try it though.Special Features:
- The salads and entrees wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012The salads and entrees were extremely tasty ( ordered servers suggestion). Food was also delivered in a timely manner. It was a good evening.Special Features:
- Staff is very friendly. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Staff is very friendly. The food was excellent and there was enough to fill up my husband. We would go back.Special Features:
- Restaurant lacked the varietyMuttiDined on 12/23/2012Restaurant lacked the variety of foods usually available at brunches. What there was was good. The waffle maker was apparently broken, decreasing the variety of breakfast items. No idea why pancakes - breakfast staple - were not available. The venue itself was very pleasant inside, and it was very quiet because the place was lacking business - this could be due to the poor signage to find the place. Although the server was pleasant, he lacked basic waiter skills and seemed more interested in watching the TV screens and chatting with other servers than attending to the guests. Brunch is definately not worth the price, in my opinion.
- Our second visit since itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012Our second visit since it reopened, this time with friends. The food was quite good as evidenced by the fact that our friends, who are very picky, ate every bite. Just wish they could do something about the noise level as we had to raise our voices to hold a conversation. We are looking forward to trying their Sunday Brunch someday soon.Special Features:
- Nice local establishment.LunchtimeDined on 12/12/2012Nice local establishment. Great crab cakes. Wife really loved them. The service was excellent and Joseph was very attentive to our needs. This would be a great location during spring or summer. the spring our summer.Special Features:
- If you don't have any specialKrisDined on 12/9/2012If you don't have any special dietary requirements, this is a nice place to eat. If you are gluten free or vegetarian, you'll have to go somewhere else. The food is actually good and the service is typically good too. I just had a bad experience where my husband couldn't eat anything on the buffet and the staff wouldn't offer him any other option. We had to leave.Special Features:
- Best Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2012Much more than your typical Sunday brunch. This was the perfect place to meet up with family and enjoy a great meal together.Special Features:
- Positive ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012Went for Mom's birthday. OL was not crowded. Server was very attentive but not over bearing. Food was very good and included a good variety. Spicy Bloody Mary was outstanding. Will go back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2012Osprey's was a fantastic experience for my husband and I. We bought a groupon and decided to test our luck. The service was EXCELLENT and the food was amazing. We had Crab Cakes as an app. and our main course was filet mignon. Filet was a little underdone but all in all amazing. We will certainly be back again and again!Special Features:
- Love the location. However,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2012Love the location. However, their hours of operation seemed odd. Great food though!Special Features:
- The food, especially the mushroomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2012The food, especially the mushroom ravioli, was delicious. The server was friendly, but not very knowledgeable on the wine list.Special Features:
- Hidden GemmmeucciDined on 11/23/2012We had purchased a Groupon for Osprey's Landing Restaurant and then made reservations on OpenTable. There was hardly anybody there, so the OpenTable reservations weren't really necessary for getting a seat quickly, and the host had us seated immidiately. My girl and I were both considering the filet mignon but were hoping to substitute mashed potatoes for the grits when our waitress highly recommended the grits. She even brought us out a sample helping of the grits which made up both our minds: we would be getting the grits instead of mashed potatoes. The filet was cooked to perfection. The grits, as I already stated, were amazing, and the asparagus was exceptional as well. Our waitress was probably the best I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Went for Thanksgiving. ItluvgoodfoodDined on 11/22/2012Went for Thanksgiving. It was OK. Nice to not have to cook but of course they can't beat Mama's cooking! ;)Special Features:
- My husband and I have neverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012My husband and I have never had a bad experience at Osprey's Landing Restaurant. The wait staff are always on their game and always very curteous. The Thanksgiving brunch was better than home-made in my opinion, and we look forward to future Thanksgivings at Osprey's.Special Features:
- Fair at bestJP88Dined on 11/21/2012Several wines we selected were no longer available, so we had little to choose from. The wine we ended up with instead was very good. The food was good, but slow to arrive as was the overall service from the wait staff. Considering the prices and the fact that it's at a country club, I expected more.
- Great food at a reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2012The food here was great. Everything came out hot, delicious and perfectly prepared. And the prices were reasonable, too. The restaurant was not very busy, even on a Friday. So noise was not an issue. The dining space is kind of small, but clean and nicely decorated. Service was attentive and polite. We had a wonderful dining experience and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Though the meals listed onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Though the meals listed on the menu sounded good, we felt that the result was disappointing. The execution was not quite where it should have been. The food needs improvement, but the ambiance was nice. thank you!Special Features:
- Osprey's Landing RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2012Osprey's Landing Restaurant is a great local place to go if you're tired of "chain food fare". It's nice to go to a restaurant and not see the "same as always" menu selections. The food is prepared by a Chef, not a cook. I have been here numerous times and have been exposed to different menus and have not been disappointed yet. Althea, our server, was very personable and efficient.Special Features:
- Restaurant is located in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2012Restaurant is located in the Osyprey Golf Club House. Great food, great menu, very nice atmosphere for a cosy dinner or family affair. We will return...often.Special Features:
- My husband and I went to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012My husband and I went to celebrate our birthdays which are five days apart. The servers were friendly and efficient, the food was delicious and the decor was elegant. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012Very enjoyable dining experience. Our server was most efficient and knowledgeable about the menu and wine items. Look forward to visiting again.Special Features:
- We were deprived of the scenicsteveDined on 10/12/2012We were deprived of the scenic view of Belmont Bay because the main dining room was closed, in contradiction to their advertised policy of Wed. thru Fri. availability. Instead we were seated in the sports bar where two TVs were playing. The rooms's noisy acoustics were a further detriment to the ambience. The food was mediocre overall. The young waitress was trying hard, but she was inexperienced and did not really understand what she was reading from the list of specials, so we had to question her repeatedly before we understood what they were. One of the meals - bratwurst and sauerkraut - was good; the crabcakes were sub-par because of the low quality of crabmeat (claw meat) in them. Dessert - so-called "Peach Melba" - was BAD.